It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:25 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:37 PM 

EqII. Does the game really have that few people or is it that WoW just stands out so much?<
>
<
>
I hear so little talk about patches, nerfs, buffs, encounters, guilds etc...it's like its barely hanging on.<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:56 PM 

I got bored with WoW and started playing my Necromancer in EQII about a month before the combat changes ( people cry Nerf but i like the changes alot) and im enjoying it ALOT. The new expansion is good also. Too bad hurricanes katrina and rita have screwed up my playing time (. <
>
<i>Edited by: Lich Ekilam  at: 9/25/05 8:57 pm<
></i>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:41 PM 

I am busy playing. <
>
<
>
Besides, too many people here can't even have a discussion about a Sony game without getting stupid. <
>
Noni DeeCups - EQ II<
>
Oasis Server<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:06 PM 

/agree Noni<
>
busy playing,don't care to hear the negativity about a game that they don't play. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:34 PM 

<
>
<
>
Look at all the hate for WoW players here, and we haven't even said anything .<
>
<
>
Perhaps we're a little too quick to jump on the WoW folk's throats.<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:13 PM 

Well, the servers are not crowded that's for sure, but they are not so empty that you can't find groups. <
>
<
>
I play on Mistmoore and The Bazaar. On Mistmoore I group with the same people every day, so if the server is empty I really don't notice. The Bazaar is one of the exchange servers, and they have had a hard time getting populated. But even with their low population it's not too hard to find small parties, it also has I think one or two high end guilds.<
>
<
>
As for the patches, they have been releasing some cool content in the form of new zones, some live events (we had a plague a few months after release), and just stuff you'd expect from a patch.<
>
<
>
Just head over to eq2players.station.sony.com/ to see what's going on. I somehow understand the lack of noise about EQII in most forums, there will be always someone who will turn the discussion into a WoW vs EQII thing, heck even happens in the official forums!<
>
<
>
Anyway, if you want to give it a try they have a free trial, although you can only level up to 6 and you are restricted to one zone. But if you see what you like I have a 7-day trial that came with the expansion. I believe it lets you play the full game for 7 days.<
>
<
>
<
>
Link to their free trial: http://www.trialoftheisle.com/<
>
<
>
-Gosthok <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:05 AM 

Hasn't really been much to bitch about. Hell the practically revamped every class in the last patch and yet they didn't even really fuck up that one too bad. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:08 AM 

Quote:Look at all the hate for WoW players here, and we haven't even said anything .<
>
<
>
Where is this hate you speak of? Is it because one person said they got bored with WoW? I guess all I can say is.... WOW!<
>
<
>
Feeling a little paranoid? <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:49 AM 

game is good - and after DoF - very good<
>
<
>
One of the major things added is faction in the new city.<
>
This faction is a little harsher than the old EQ style faction - you are now KoS for two thirds of the guards - and that makes it interesting to say the least.... I got splatted as soon as I wandered around the city <
>
(Add to this that our main raid guilds have all gone for different factions so depending on who is killing what will indicate how safe you are)<
>
<
>
Graphically, the game engine has been heavily tweaked - and is now beautiful to behold. I run on a high end system and have everything maxxed bar shadows when I am just exploring - I still do knock it down for raids though<
>
<
>
Population wise, the euro servers seem pretty busy - there is a lot of competition for named mobs<
>
<
>
Only fuck up so far, at least post DoF, is the tradeskills and player made stuff - it sucks, and there is no reason to either make it or buy it.<
>
<
>
So far, and a couple of weeks in, there is a lot still to do - I am not aware of any group or guild having been to every zone or instance - and definitly not killed any of the new uber mobs (The level 65 spider in 'sands is bleeding huge and cons redder than a red thing in a red place....) Today a small group of us tried a lvl 55 mob to see how we did - I was tanking and I think it was the third Ice Comet that killed me - in as many seconds.<
>
(Strategy is VERY important now - you can't zerg these mobs - you have to think a fair bit)<
>
<
>
damn good game I think <
>
Aladinsane<
>
http://www.petedean.org.uk<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:54 AM 

yea armor sucks and looks the same as last tier, i read they will making changes to that. Only bummer is they took my advanced carpenter recipes out, but hey they will fix that to. I'm having a blast though, this is a great expansion for an already good game <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:54 PM 

Well i wasnt bashing WoW, i had been playing it since release and witht he horrible lag ( for a graphicly inferior game), stupid bugs, and the same content petty much since day 1 save, 2 new zones and dul pvp, yeah I got bored. I am enjoying eqII a hella lot since i tried it the second time around. Got my necro from 24 to 42 in a couple weeks. I like this game! <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:03 PM 

I have to say I'm enjoying it quite a bit after being burned out on the endgame of WoW. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:45 PM 

Cool to hear.<
>
<
>
I'm finding myself more and more bored with WoW lately as its too easy to lvl, equip...etc. It feels like I am earning nothing. Still having fun by doing quests on my alt that I never did on my main, but other than that.... hehe<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:49 PM 

Come to Crushbone Larreth............. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:42 AM 

Been to busy playing, the combat changes actually added some danger to the game, and while you can still solo etc there is more of a community building <imho> process going on that leans a tad more grouping.<
>
<
>
Mobs arent cupcakes anymore <raid ones> and they are still tweaking it here and there, the new expansion is really fun and interesting with the new climbing walls thing and moving objects around some quests and stuff depend on it which makes it alot more interactive then just rushing up or pulling a mob. The Assling formerly known as Nerro.<
>
<
>
Lokas<
>
Assassin of Sinister<
>
Nektulos<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:06 AM 

is DoF a store bought or download only expansion?<
>
<
>
I havent seen it in Best Buy or CompUSA. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:17 AM 

I'm moved into my house now so I'll be heading back to Crushbone shortly too. Larreth message me if you make that change.<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:41 AM 

DoF has a retail and download version, although some people said they had to look around quite a bit before finding a retail copy. I just downloaded it.<
>
<
>
-Trygve <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:42 PM 

Love the game, love everything about it! (yes, even after the class 'modifications')<
>
<
>
DoF is impressive IMO...
ings back memories of wandering Ro and the Oasis.<
>
Moniqua, 66 druid (retired), EQ1<
>
Monnie, 45 fury, Befallen server, EQ2<i></i>

Post subject: EQII - The Win
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:38 PM 

I love the game in every aspect... I exp, quest, harvest, tradeskill, raid.... just whatever i'm feeling. Your guild and friends have a lot to do with the play-ability of the game. I have always enjoyed the game but now that i'm in a lvl 31 active raiding guild (we don't raid a WHOLE lot but quite a bit) with my family (Xolar, Zero, etc.) it's been incredible. The game is just solid, that's about the best way to describe it and the expansion did make it much better. <
>
<
>
Nothing against WOW but it just didn grasp me per say like EQII long term. I'm on Crushbone, Muligan of course if anyone wants to stop by. Willing to help out anyone who's interested in starting up something. <
>
<
>
Overall it's just a fun game with always something to do, always groups going, and different paces of the game you can tap in to whenever you feel like. I don't talk about it much because of what time I have available I play. <
>
<
>
Take care,<
>
Muli <i></i>

Post subject: Re: EQII - The Win
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:08 PM 

I Beta'd Desert of Flames with my lil Assling Guardian "Dastich" and got into a huge flame war with a couple devolopers about the changes they were making to my class. I got pissed that they made a somewhat fun class into a boring abomination and followed through with my threat to quit the game.<
>
<
>
I miss playing with the people I met, but I don't miss Sony's bullshit. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:31 PM 

gipp you are playing eqII you bastage? <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:18 PM 

Turbo are you? Hehe<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:38 PM 

nah i never came back after I left with fuuian. Doing guild wars until vanguard beta comes out. <i></i>

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:50 PM 

I was having fun in the game... Till combat revamp. I was a 44 cleric/50 prov. I quit.<
>
<
>
My necromancer (2 got really juiced up in the upgrade though. Too bad my main is a huge pile of shit.<
>
<
>
We bought guild wars.. hopefully that will hold my attention till something decent comes out.<
>
<i></i>

Post subject: Re: ...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:04 PM 

Much of the old world raid content remains horribly untunned since the combat revamp. As the MT for a raid guild, my abilities to absorb damage specifically through mitigation has been DRASTICALLY reduced. Content, like Rognog an epic group x4 mob was a trivial fight for 12 people (which is a bad thing). It was commonplace to split a night raid force 2-3 ways and run an instance to increase the chance of loot dropping. Following the combat revamp player stats are much lower, but mob abilities remain tuned to what would keep the raid zones competitive before the revamp. Gratz mobs one hitting full fabled MT's in full fabled with 20k+ ice comets, and "insane" melee streaks that would have been pretty trivial before the revamp.<
>
<
>
But raid content should be easier with an aditional 10 levels right? So far, with members between 60-50 raiding old world content, eeking out wins against some raid mobs remain impossible. Aditional changes more recently include changes to stuns/stifles to epic targets, which is now impossible.<
>
<
>
Prior to the revamp it was possible to keep raid encounters near perma-stifled via a level 30ish coercer stifle. Mass-stunning a mob was also possible, but the effects negative effects still werent as major as the stifles (inbetween stuns the npc was still able to get off big bursts of dmg). It was also possible to give the MT more time to receive heals should a bad round be taken, ala the first few Darathar attempts. None of this is possible now, raid mobs damage bursts and special abilities could be scripted out with a considerable degree of accuracy compared to before the revamp.<
>
<
>
Now with alot of the negative stuff said and my whines about raid content not being fixed, let me say that EQ2 is a better game today than at release. Yes, some classes got nerfed (im a guardian dont even try and complain to me). But the nerfs were across the board and were designed to
ing balance, and class diversity into play. Something that they suceeded in. Classes have been diversified. Of course, there needs to be some serious tuning, but in the
oad scale of things, they managed to get things right.<
>
<
>
Combat is faster. Even as a guardian, if im dps'ing i can notice the difference. Cast times for melee skills are much reduced, and even in regards to casters with their improved dps, exp groups roll through mobs. Shit dies quickly.<
>
<
>
I've got to head into work now, but ill try and write more later on the expanion. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:10 AM 

The expansion itself is pretty solid, but now that level 60's are more and more common, and raiding tactics adjusted and in some cases re-learned, some of the initial raid content has begun falling. The epic quests triggered from these mobs have been discovered to either lead nowhere, or provide no major rewards. An altogether to common trend in expansions, it thankfully doesnt effect 98% of the player base at this time. <
>
<
>
The first zone in the new expansion is the Sinking Sands (SS). The new Oasis of eqlive, all the goodies that provided so much entertainment are back including the throngs of crocodiles, giants, various undead, and even the specter tower. The feel the zone had in the original game can be felt with all the sights and sounds being located within a short distance of the infamous dock. SS like any first zone, has tons of quests and goodies to be done inside of it (i leveled my warlock from 45-47 on quests alone). The quests themselves are fun with some pretty decent rewards. If you enjoy soloing, this zone is for you. <
>
<
>
Traveling is made easier via magic carpets. Think portals from diablo 2 minus the ability to travel from the zone back to town without the completion of a personal carpet quest. The carpet quests (4 of them in total) are fairly challenging, but attainable fairly easily after level 55. The carpet system makes traveling efficient, but doesnt act as a teleporter.<
>
<
>
The floating city of Maj'dul is home to 3 factions: The Cout of Coin, The Court of Truth, and the Court of Blades. There are towers located in Maj'Dul that are filled with a specific faction. If you are apart of the opposing faction, you can take a group through the tower killing the opposing faction inside. Collecting dropped tokens, you are able to receive faction. Pretty standard deal with one minor twist, once killing the final mob, it is possible to turn the tower for your own faction. Doing this grants a large chunk of faction.<
>
<
>
Between SS and Maj'dul being very quest heavy, the other zones surronding them are a bit more traditional with large numbers of both solo, and heroic mobs. The quests aslo reflect a more group orientated approach. Specifically, The Pillars of Flame off of SS is a mix between the solo'ing and questing dream of SS, and the group focus of instances and kill, kill, kill for exp.<
>
<
>
Raid zones are still being worked through. There are the usual tuning issues to be dealt with as well. Lockjaw has his own raid instance now. Cant comment to much on the raiding aspect of it so far as i honestly havent seen much of it yet.<
>
<
>
To wrap things up, although having some issues coming directly out of the combat revamp EQ2 is a great game to play. EQ2 offers a wide variety of things to do, and things to see especially within the new expansion if you were bored of seeing permafrost for the 100th time before quitting. <
>
<
>
Damn you spell check for not loading...<
>
<
>
<i>Edited by: Jamin Jamiro at: 10/17/05 2:13 am<
></i>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:56 PM 

What server do you guys play on? Maybe I'll check it out. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:40 PM 

I play on Highkeep. Just kicking around a bit until Vg. My
other plays on Faydark. He says much of the new raid content is dropping plenty fast. It is amazing how little competition for mobs there is. Seems like his server has boiled down to one main raid guild and noone else within 2 tiers of them.<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:32 AM 

Im over on the Butcherblock server and we are having a blast. Guild levels are all pretty competitive, the game has a huge amount of content with more being added every month. I had left for almost 5 months due to job pressure and when I came back the combat changes were great. I could see a big change in them but I feel they made the game that much more fun to play. As a Guardian, it was a big adjustment, but one that wasnt hard to make.<
>
Since DOF is still above my level, I havent got that much experience with it, but I can see that it didnt unbalance the game. I love all these quests there are, writs for guild advancement, the ease of play, the fact that combat means something, and the player friendly atmosphere of the whole world. <
>
Come check it out! Raids are a blast and theres a lot of good people playing the game.<
>
Gloine<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:54 PM 

EQ2 really sounds like it is doing quite well. I always really loved the game but just dont have the time to play it <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:20 AM 

Just started playing again on Oasis a couple weeks ago, and for the first time am checking out the whole guild progression feature. So far, I'm likin' it a lot more. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:42 PM 

it is, despite what the nay sayers state - a very good game.<
>
<
>
CS is better than average. The quests are good, and the more recent changes will make life easier for casual players.<
>
<
>
I like it after a year - it has been worth while and enjoyable <
>
Aladinsane<
>
Bon Viveur and Pimp to the stars<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:45 PM 

Just over a year now and still enjoying the game - even as a casual player. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:55 AM 

Still at it here with over a year,so many quests,the way it should have been. Although the Peacock quest line is a pita,and glad I'm almost done with it. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:23 PM 

no. this game is ass. Draagun Dwarvepunter<
>
Retired Necromancer<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:30 PM 

Sony needs to die in fire :"> <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:28 AM 

to plain, to simple. The wait continues.<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:07 AM 

I left EQ2 for the first time when they revamped the combat. One night i logged in and wasnt able to kill anything, i tried for a few time and it really frustrated me. Then i got back to WoW, i managed to raid for a bit, but there was stuff that was getting on my nerve.<
>
<
>
Some day i got a new computer and wondered how well it could handle EQ2... I installed it, logged on, said hi to Gipp and here i'm with the ex Rising chaos/TCC folks on Crushbone. I had to relearn my class but it paid off cause i really love how my character play.<
>
<
>
I just started doing Sinking Sand in DoF and i really like the DoF design. I think it's a big leap over the original game in general. I was amazze by the graphics, if you have a good computer and be able to play the game at max/near max setting. Some of the zone looks very good like everfrost, enchanted land, feerrot, Sinking Sand, lavastorm and i really like the look of some of the new lvl 50 + armor they implemented/SOGA model.<
>
<
>
So far i enjoy it. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:21 AM 

DoF expansion rocks, right now im messing around with the Sky expansion and i have to say it looks great, but i hate the packed in feel of the zones (. <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:02 AM 

I started playing again, and I really like it. I just can't figure out what class I want to play. 24 classes is far too many for someone with permanent alt-itis. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:36 PM 

The graphics engine still sucks. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:36 PM 

And so do you, Ran, in exchange for sweaty $20 bills. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:43 PM 

Wow I am very suprised you even have time to post here don't you have some more kids to make or something? <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:18 PM 

No, I've taken to getting blowjobs from men in every state. 0% chance of pregnancy! Just did the west coast, it's how I also know you're not very good. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:20 PM 

Sorry I didnt know my oral skills where so lacking. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:44 PM 

Focus less on the head and more on the shaft, sir. And quit the teething. Let your uvula tickle, don't be afraid to swallow. I think that's it.<
>
<
>
This derail is complete. <i>Edited by: Syuni Dzpecyzczn at: 3/20/06 6:45 pm<
></i>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:05 PM 

Back on topic though <
>
<
>
Seriously the graphics engine is crap. They really need to do something to straighten it out. Having 2 gigs of ram helps but really even getting a high end video card doesnt make the game run great. <
>
<
>
They have fixed a lot of shit about the game that irritated the shit out of me and a lot of other people but the engine is the onething they haven't fixed yet. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:44 AM 

i have 2 gigs of ram a d a 7800 GTX card from nvidia. I am able to turn graphics up and use the Soga (scoga) (sp?) models and it runs fine for me. Looks alot better then WoW also.<
>
<
>
Started over on CB with some friends, just hoping it keeps our interest for a while ) <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:33 AM 

To echo the poster above: it still, and always has looked better than WoW. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:40 AM 

Actually, IMHO, they have done a lot of work on the game engine, but I think they have not made a big issue about it<
>
<
>
LU20
ought some changes to the sound engine - I certainly noticed a big difference with directional sound then<
>
<
>
LU19
ought some changes to graphic caching, that on most systems seemed to help a lot<
>
<
>
I will say that you do have to play with the settings a fair bit, to get the best out of them, but I like the graphics a lot<
>
<
>
Some other games were just too cartoony..... <
>
Aladinsane<
>
Bon Viveur and Pimp to the stars<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:41 AM 

Polygon count? Sure. <
>
<
>
Style and character? Not even in the same ballpark. Kuwen Furyblades<
>
Hunter of Memento Reejeryn<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:04 AM 

Well they still havent fixed the largest issue which is the memory leak. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:25 PM 

to be honest, 2gb ram, I have not ever been troubled with this <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:49 PM 

Well yeah because it takes longer to chew up that extra gig <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:13 PM 

Mem leak? I can leave my toon logged in all day and night, come home from work and play wiht no problems. SO yeah, they did fix the leak. <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:28 PM 

No they didnt. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:21 AM 

<
>
<
>
Not that I have played it all that long, but back when I leveled up my necro with 1 gig of ram, I never noticed any leak.<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:26 AM 

The memory leak occured if you zoned a large number of times before restarting the client. And yes, it was still around when I quit in January. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:47 AM 

no they didn't. still crash for out of memory error messages after about 5 hours of fighting and zoning. But then I only have 1 gig of ram. Tsulyra Shadowhawk<
><
>
Storm Warden of Tunare<
><
>
Mithril Web - Lanys<
>Baroness Jendera - 61st rank sword mistress of Tunare<
><
>
Pollyra 50 monk - Venerable Bellyra 63 cleric - Reva 52 rogue<i></i>