well, I played for 18 hours straight last saturday <
>
<
>
did a lot of zones, three raids and no problem for me at all<
>
<
>
I had no lag, bar graphical lag on the raids till i dropped down the eye candy, at all<
>
<
>
no idea how many zones I went into - but was well into double figures - and probably near three - my system was fine through it all<
>
<
>
(But yes, there did used to be nasty problems - but iu do think they are well fixed now) <
>
Aladinsane<
>
Bon Viveur and Pimp to the stars<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:32 PM 

Sorry but they are not. They fixed some of the problems but a lot of the problems stem from the core engine which IMHO they have no intention of fixing. <
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:17 PM 

In the interest of saving everyone some time, the next week's worth of posts:<
>
<
>
Yes they are!<
>
<
>
No they aren't!<
>
<
>
Yes they are!<
>
<
>
No they aren't!<
>
<
>
Your mother!<
>
<
>
Your mother first!<
>
<
>
Your mother is your father!<
>
<
>
JIHAD! <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:20 PM 

What, no ninjas? <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:24 PM 

Quote:In the interest of saving everyone some time, the next week's worth of posts:<
>
<
>
Its funny because the same thing goes on at the offical boards. <
>
<
>
"Hey whats up with this memory leak?"<
>
<
>
"OMG WTF there is no memory leak ur computer sux"<
>
<
>
"OK but seriously whats up with that?"<
>
<
>
"OMG Lrn 2 ply."<
>
<
>
Then there is the Nvidia stuttering issue and the ATI VPU recovery issue. Also some Nvidia cards have some retarded shimmering with some of the textures in EQ2. <
>
<
>
Overall though the 6XXX Series of cards kinda run like shit in EQ2. EQ2 is also reported to be very CPU limited which doesnt make a whole lot of sense but whateva! <
>
<
>
Overall though I do enjoy the game but sometimes the graphics issues just irritate the fuck outa me. <
>
<
>
Necro = powa <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:26 PM 

<
>
<
>
I really dont' know if there is a leak or not. I was only relaying my experiences when I played.<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:14 PM 

There was what seemed to be a huge memory leak back at release. No matter what kind of rig you ran, the shit would bog down hardcore after about an hours play.<
>
<
>
I do remember that making sure your MS Net Passport was up to date helped it a ton. <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:50 PM 

Quote:What, no ninjas? They're there. You just can't SEE them. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:05 AM 

Yeah, back in January there was memory leak, but if you had 2 gigs of ram it'd take about a day of non-stop zoning for it to finally hit you. I found this out from farming xp through the afterlife quest from 48 - 60.<
>
<
>
Would go to Maj-dul get the afterlife quest for the ghouls, run to Sinking Sands Ghoul rock, kill, run to Maj-dul, turn-in, rinse and finally repeat. At the time, it was the best solo xp you could get, but not sure how it is now.<
>
<
>
Every person that I did this quest with, who had 1 GB of ram, would get the memory leak alot faster than me. It's definately not as big a problem as it was when they first went live, but it still existed as of January. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:10 AM 

People still playing EQ2? <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:34 PM 

Yep. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:14 PM 

Hell, I JUST started EQ2 like a week ago.<
>
<
>
I wanted to say hello to two years ago, since apparently I was doing something else. I'm digging the swashbuckler class so far (at a whopping level 12). T.<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:42 PM 

Quote:I started playing again, and I really like it. I just can't figure out what class I want to play. 24 classes is far too many for someone with permanent alt-itis. <
>
<
>
I hear ya there. I have a HELL OF A TIME picking a class and sticking to it, even in a game with few classes like WoW. =/ <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:53 AM 

I started again like two weeks ago with some RL friends, 36 assassin now and i really like it. Especially how they changed the 1st 20 lvls, way better now.<
>
<
>
The only thing i dislike is the split market, qeynosmule-mailing everything is only fun for so long.<
>
<
>
Memleak is noticeable, its way better than it used to be thouhg. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:00 AM 

Back when I was playing at release, I also noticed a memory leak. Restarting was the only way to fix it. Once I figure out why my computer is restarting randomly, I'll probaly load it up again. But I can't play any kind of MMO right now, considering my PC can crash at any moment. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:04 AM 

<
>
Romance and danger.. what more can you ask for?<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
Draagun Dwarvepunter<
>
Retired Necromancer<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:20 PM 

I've been playing for like 3 weeks, and have a Brigand up to 39 now. Fun game to play. The nostalgia of familiar places/names from EQ1 is nice. <
>
<
>
The population should pick up more after Summer.<
>
<
>
<
>
Azzigoth on Blackburrow <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:32 PM 

zomg how do uguyslvl so fast I played for like 3 weeks and I have an 11 berserker 13 monk and 13 warden. Sleeper server<
>
Insanelee - 20 bard<
>
Isshin - 1 druid<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:06 AM 

I quickly loose interest in the game. Got my Dirge to 20 on Blackburrow before I fell out of favor. Still don't like the tradeskill system, even tho its leaps and bounds beyond anything else out there with the exception of Anarchy Online. <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:07 AM 

tradeskill system is tight, imbued weapons? Sleeper server<
>
Insanelee - 20 bard<
>
Isshin - 1 druid<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:48 PM 

A good way to grab early levels are the collection quests. Find a spot to access
okers from both sides, and just buy the turn in items. You'd be surprised how many items are just coppers to buy. Quests will get you experience faster, especially quests with high count kill lists instead of run all over the damn place kinds.<
>
<
>
lvl 45, 35 days played.<
>
<
>
The tradeskills are a game all by itself, I've seen plenty of tradeskillers up to lvl 70, but I can't quite get into the stand at the table and spam keys to counter duration loss and increase progress. It is a bit more interesting than just click and pray systems, and the items do sell well. I think I got to lvl 25 jeweler before it took too much time from leveling. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:15 PM 

If you have the station pass, the best place to
oker is the village of shin. The
okers are right next to each other AND there is a bank right behind you.<
>
<
>
<i></i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:13 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
Since more and more of my guild is evaporating thanks to TBC lol...thoughtI might try this out sooner or later.

Figured I'd do the druid or rogue thing again.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:39 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

Furys rock your socks. Great solo ability, and pretty good group healing and DPS ability to boot.

For your first master, pick the damage shield. I took out 12 green/blues at the same time with that thing once.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:49 PM 

EQ1: Noni Deecups
EQ2: Oliva Love
Yeah, I have to agree. Druids rock in EQ2

Kinda bummed me out since I was a druid in EQ1 so I picked an Inquisitor (cleric) in EQ2. MISTAKE.

Now I am a wizard and I LOVE it. Manaburn anyone? :twisted:

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:12 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Dobbil wrote:
Furys rock your socks. Great solo ability, and pretty good group healing and DPS ability to boot.

For your first master, pick the damage shield. I took out 12 green/blues at the same time with that thing once.

I saw there are like 2 kinds of druids now? A healy class druid and a Melee-ish class?

*edit* good lord I misspelled Druid.

Last edited by Larreth on Mon May 14, 2007 7:22 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:54 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

Most of the base classes are divided into 2 or more specialtys, for the first few levels they are pretty identical but then they start to get their class spells and whatnot.

Druid tree is Fury and Warden. Wardens are the healy class and Fury is the more DPS oriented.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:27 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Yeah it looks like good ol wolf form is something different. It's like a resist shield to melee attacks, and then you have the lion form that is melee.

Are furys needed in the later levels? I know pretty much nada about the game lol I always liked druids and shapeshifting characters...one of the reasons Larreth was rarely out of wolfform in eqI lol

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:15 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

No idea about the later levels as I was only in my 40's. I can tell you that I haven't had to rely on a group at all for exp, 90% of the time I was just out doing quests solo. I have grouped a few times as main healer and I consider that a secondary role, only thing is I strongly advise to get adept or master spells of your heals when you can it helps immensely.

The cool thing about the Fury shapeshift trait is that it changes form based on what weapon you use. Staffs for a treant and + crit to healing, maces/hammers for a wolf with +spell crit, Scimitars for a tiger with a damage proc.

Great site to help you in soloing, follow the solo timeline and you'll earn aa's and exp like crazy > http://eq2i.com/articles/Soloing_Timeline

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:38 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

So a fury can be a tree, wolf OR lion? Weird. I saw just lion form for a spell.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:25 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

Larreth wrote:
So a fury can be a tree, wolf OR lion? Weird. I saw just lion form for a spell.

theres another one further down the line thats just lion form too, you have a wide assortment of fun to choose from. Personally, I just kept illusions turned off because I love my sexy halfling body :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:23 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Got a lvl 15 fury now, Kitteh.

Not a bad game really, not sure why it's not more popular. Graphics are nice, sound is good etc...Not a huge fan of the obnoxious spell casting delay tho.

Other thing I noticed is that pretty much everything on the Broker is twink priced. Nothing I saw for sale from lvl 5-15 was even remotely affordable to an actual new player.

The tradeskill system, once I actually figured out why i was missing the Volume one book (doesn't say anything about where you get it OR that you have to hail the tradeskill chick) was kinda neat. I like how you start out with a perfect item and go down from there, and have to cast spells to "heal" the product lol....was pretty cool.

The fact that monsters actually LOOK at you as they pass, along with NPC's following you with their eyes, soldiers saluting as you pass...etc.. very cool.

One thing I did notice right off the bat was the sheer and utter lack of information for the new player. I think this and the gigantic options menu might be a factor in it's lack of popularity. Even with the years of gaming under my belt there were times where I'd be ready to scream lol.

Then again I might be just used to the easy tradeskill and quest system WoW has but I'd get a quest and it would be like "find this person...somewhere" or "go make this" with no info whatsoever where to look, or where it might be found etc...Needle in a haystack.

The game needs a tutorial, or at least a manual that is over 5 pages in size. Even the usual useful websites like Allahkazam's looks like someone half assed it. Loot on mobs is inaccurate or incomplete...etc.

Like the game but there are a lot of reasons I am noticing WHY it's not as hugely popular as it could be.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:44 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

Quote:
Nothing I saw for sale from lvl 5-15 was even remotely affordable to an actual new player.

Thats mainly because of transmuting, to skill up transmuting you need to disenchant treasured or better items and a lot of people buy them for that. Also you got to make sure you're not trying to buy like the master crafted things, which take rare mats.

If you run through the tutorial and you're at least vaguely familiar with EQ or WoW you should do just fine, I never really had a moment where I was like "WTF!?" if you explore and talk to the NPCs you can figure most of it out, that and asking other people in OOC or whatever.

For the quests, most of the time when they tell you to find someone you'll have to read your quest description in your log and it should tell you all you need to know, and if not...ask someone :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:20 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

There is a tutorial? I mean the book didnt even have info on what buttons opened what menus, and what the various item descriptions meant.

Lore, No drop...etc I knew those but like Legendary, Treasured..etc *shrug* lol

Having fun so far.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:16 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

Yep theres a tutorial. Its been a while since I played so I dont quite remember if you always start on the isle or if its optional somewhere but thats pretty much the tut. If you explore around and listen to the NPC's that they direct you to, you shouldnt have any problems.

Legendary, treasured, fabled, master crafted, hand crafted, etc. are all various "qualitys" of items. its just like WoW with gray, green, blue, purple items. Fabled is like the equivalent of a purple in WoW, legendary would be like a blue, treasured like greens, and hand crafted and master crafted are the different quality of player made items. Master crafted items are made with rare materials so they are usually a LOT more expensive if you buy them instead of harvesting for them yourself.

Offline Profile