It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:19 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Even better EQ2 and PVP
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:03 AM 

Well, looks like the best kept plans are out! PVP is coming with 2 new US servers rolling out for it. No namby pamby safe zones either. Just a 8 lvl rule and go for it:Freeport vs Qeynos.<
>
This game just gets better and better. And while we are at it, on the 2nd, they eliminate the old character progression system and you start as your main class right off the bat.<
>
Come on to Butcherblock and enjoy the show!<
>
Gloine <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:46 AM 

I'm a bit concerned with the Feb plans of merging a good handful of Servers.<
>
<
>
Part of me likes the idea as it will boost current population levels as they do tend to be spread out amongst the 300+ zones.<
>
<
>
While another part of me wonders if this Game is losing ground rather than gaining.<
>
<
>
All the SOE spin aside, I can't but help but wonder about the decision to merge only after a year and a half of being live.<
>
<
>
Still enjoy the Game, less some people. <b>MySpace</b> <i>Edited by: Kunathar2002  at: 2/1/06 10:46 am<
></i>

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:06 PM 

EQ2 is much smaller than WoW as far as subscriber base. There is no disputing that.<
>
<
>
The server merges can be looked at both ways, good and bad.<
>
<
>
SoE has realized perhaps that they will never have a large market share of MMPORG players in EQ2. They are still adding content to EQ1 for christ's sake, even after everyone was saying it was doomed after the server mergers. By better utilizing their resources, they can hopefully cut overhead and get the stuff fixed that is
oken and work on new expansions/adventure packs. They have looked and noticed that some zones are under utilized. They are trying to get more people to interact.<
>
<
>
On the flip side, if you believe the sky is falling, then of course this means EQ2 is dying and they are slowly pulling the plug on the game. <
>
<
>
Most of the problems with SoE is their past reputation in how they handled EQ1. Many people had the idea in their heads "I will never play a SoE game again." Many people held Blizzard's past gaming experiences (Diablo, Warcraft, Starcraft, etc) as huge successes and figured that WoW would be perfect with no bugs, etc. Those people are slowly learning as well that all games have problems, it comes down to playability and having fun. I myself never played WoW, I went with EQ2 from the get go. You can call me biased, but I don't talk bad about a game I have never played.<
>
<
>
(ps proofreading for the win! Editted because I was a dolt and missed 3 key words in my original post) <i>Edited by: Tardaan at: 2/1/06 1:08 pm<
></i>

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:14 PM 

EQ2 pvp could be interesting...<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:07 PM 

I just cant get into the PVP thing. <
>
<
>
One thing is sure, my husband if fucking lethal no matter what his target is - PC or NPC. He is a Brigand. Fucker stuns you and it is all over. <
>
<
>
Fucker.<
>
<
>
*grumble*<
>
<
>
<
>
Oliva Love 56 Wizard - Oasis<
>
Noni DeeCups 53 Inquisitor - Oasis <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:43 AM 

Havent had a chance to play since the patch yesterday, but I expect the game to be awesome. Im in favor of the server merges. Name problems are the only problem I see with it. I am very happy about the merges. The population is way too spread out. These zones are fricking huge!!!! Each zone has more space than West Karana had and tons of content in each one. <
>
Thats another thing they got right. Content. Theres tons of it. This game is done damn good. I mean really good. And CS is pretty good too. I remember the original CS team of EQ.(which is now with Vanguard). EQ2 is a different experience by far. <
>
And of course, the best thing in any game is the people. EQ2 has great people playing it, regardless of what guild they are in. Im enjoying playing a quality game with good people. Sure, theres a few morons, but they usually quit and go back to WOW.<
>
Gloine <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:10 AM 

How's the end game? <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:26 AM 

hard and good<
>
<
>
on the server I play, the end mobs from the last expansion, DoF, have only just died..... and there are 3 hardcore raid guilds on my server....<
>
<
>
some contested mobs still, but the instance approach makes it a lot less of a race - but with damned hard fights though<
>
<
>
Overall the content is very good - and they keep adding and changing it - I went back to a zone last week and discovered a whole new series of quests that were new.....<
>
<
>
admittadly I play on a euro server, but there is a distinct abscence of L33t speech - and boy do I like that <
>
Aladinsane<
>
Bon Viveur and Pimp to the stars<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:00 AM 

I just cant see that game being PvP at all. It just felt way too clunky. Moreso than ever, anybody with a stun in that game will win easilly, unlike World of Warcraft.<
>
<
>
Speaking of clunky, did they ever update the character models or something like that? Humanoid running animations were horrible. Gnome was ok but if you were any elf, it was very stupid. <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:32 AM 

end game stuff is nice but i fucked up and followed frosin to nejena with a bunch of other sigil folks haha. I dont hhave time ot raid with the folks there due to most of the server being aussie/asian time raid guilds (. If i come back i will most likely pay for a transfer to a server with us raid time guilds.<
>
<
>
Games fun as hell, just raid times fucked it up for me. <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:56 PM 

free server transfers atm I believe <
>
Aladinsane<
>
Bon Viveur and Pimp to the stars<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:39 PM 

Reminder: Server Moves Start Monday, Fe
uary 6, 2006 @ 3:00AM Pacific <
>
As outlined in the recent EverQuestII producer's letter we will be starting the server moves on Monday 2/6/2006 at 3:00AM PST. The list of the servers that will be moving and the dates which they will be moving are as follows:<
>
<
>
<
>
Monday, 2/6/2006 - Faydark will move into Befallen <
>
Tuesday, 2/7/2006 - Innothule will move into Crushbone <
>
Wednesday, 2/8/2006 - Steamfont will move into Oasis <
>
Thursday, 2/9/2006 - Oggok will move into Blackburrow <
>
Friday, 2/10/2006 - Neriak will move into Kithicor <
>
Monday, 2/13/2006 - Lavastorm will move into Nektulos <
>
Tuesday, 2/14/2006 - Grobb will move into Everfrost <
>
Wednesday, 2/15/2006 - Highkeep will move into Butcherblock <
>
Thursday, 2/16/2006 - Toxxulia will move into Guk <
>
Friday, 2/17/2006 - Shadowhaven will move into The Bazaar <
>
<
>
<
>
eq2players.station.sony.c...th=current<
>
Quote:1) On Thursday 2/2/06, we will be temporarily opening the Character Transfer Service to all users free of charge. <
>
<
>
During this period, normal operation of the EQ2 Character Transfer service will be suspended and all characters can opt to move elsewhere once.<
>
<
>
If you've been debating joining friends on a different server, you can take advantage of this opportunity no matter which server you're coming from.<
>
<
>
This is to let people who don't mind leaving their guilds (or are not in a guild), and can pack up all of their shared bank belongings, choose any destination server they prefer, except for Antonia Bayle.<
>
<
>
For the free transfer period, Antonia Bayle will be removed as a transfer destination. It's already the most full server that we have, and we unfortunately can't risk a situation where that server would become overloaded.<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:06 PM 

so whose name going to be changed if its a dupe? would it be highkeep since them moving to my server?<
>
<
>
Merging may help some. I know its a pain to find someone to group with, especially for my templar. Having a tough go soloing with a cleric.<
>
<
>
But my wizzy is a nuking machine. Ok, ok, all my toons are 8 to 11 (11 being my wizzy) since I only started playing a week ago. Think I deleted 3 already after playing them for a bit since I ran out of toon slots to try another class. Tsulyra Shadowhawk<
><
>
Storm Warden of Tunare<
><
>
Mithril Web - Lanys<
>Baroness Jendera - 61st rank sword mistress of Tunare<
><
>
Pollyra 50 monk - Venerable Bellyra 63 cleric - Reva 52 rogue<i>Edited by: Tsulyra Shadowhawk  at: 2/7/06 5:20 pm<
></i>

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:15 PM 

I'm happy with the end game for the most part. It's decently complex, but nothing like EQ1, which is both a blessing and a let down. My Blog | Signatures by DivineProud member of Disciples of Darkness<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:30 PM 

When comparing two characters with the same name:<
>
<
>
* If neither character has logged in within the past 60 days, the character that has more played time keeps the name.<
>
* If one character has logged in within the past 60 days and the other hasn't, the one that has been online most recently keeps the name.<
>
* If both characters have logged in within the past 60 days, the character that has more played time keeps the name.<
>
<
>
When comparing two guilds with the same name:<
>
<
>
* The guild that was created first keeps the name. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:06 AM 

Seems the guild I am part of on AB is making an alt guild on this new server and I might roll up a character there to test and try the place. We shall see. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:12 AM 

Quote:How's the end game?<
>
<
>
It's not hard at all - pretty much everything in the game can still be killed with fewer than it's designed for, even the first time. I'm talking clearing x4 zones with 2-3 groups in crafted gear and only wiping once on maybe 1-2 of the bosses - the others dying easily the first attempts. So you ask, why do they die so easy? The other problem with EQ2 endgame - very little variety in encounter design. Many encounters share the same AE's and basic makeups - sup 2 mezzable adds that you lock down indefinitely with an enchanter while you dodge a massive AE that will instagib most anyone it hits.<
>
<
>
The ones that don't have adds AE even harder, some of which stun you for 40 seconds on a 45 second recast.<
>
<
>
To put it bluntly, the endgame isn't fun if you've played WoW endgame, even to the point of running UBRS. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:54 AM 

Basically, for endgame all you need to do is make sure you have at least one of nearly every class. Assassins are the one class you don't need, but if you've got someone who knows how to play one they can do great damage. If you can't find any that know how to play them, get rangers. The key to DoF was the debuffs. Every class has them, and if every class puts them on the mob = easy.<
>
<
>
Other than debuffs it's just getting the timing down on the AoE's. Most you can figure out on your first try, and kill the boss on that same first try.<
>
<
>
I really didn't feel any sense of accomplishment for completing any of the end game. Our success was only limited if certain classes didn't log on. No shaman logged on tonight, well we won't be able to down <insert boss name here>.<
>
<
>
<i></i>