It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:54 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fury / Templar / Mystic
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:17 AM 

Ok, talk to me about the end game realities of these classes? I'd like to have some idea to help me choose. I've got a wizard, and I like it, but the lack of healing is bothersome when soloing a lot like I do. My fury is a lot of fun so far, but I'm only 23. I just started a templar because I was curious but haven't gotten super far with it.<
>
<
>
My playstyle is mostly solo at this point, due to the hours I work. Some sort of healing class would be good, so when Jay and I duo, we compliment each other ok, and of the two of us, I'm the better "healer" mindset, but being able to solo is pretty much at the top of the list.<
>
<
>
I just don't want to pick one, get to 35 or 40 and realize I'm doomed to start over with a better soloing class. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:40 AM 

Fury, all the way. Clerics suck in this game. Not enough utility balance. I retired my Inquisitor at 53 and rerolled a wizard that is now 60. I LOVE my wizard. I solo a lot, and I die a lot but who cares? <
>
<
>
My best friend is a fury. She can group invis, nuke better than any other healer, has sow, regen spells, thorns and she is the 2nd fastest healer (right behind the warden I believe).<
>
<
>
My cleric heals slow and takes a fucking lifetime to solo anything.<
>
<
>
Of note: <
>
<
>
The cleric spell heals if the tank takes damage for a very low amount of hit points - 4 procs then it is gone. If the tank does not take any damage, like one that dodges well, the spell is useless. <
>
The shamans rune type heal absorbs a certain amount of damage and then drops. Again, not very helpful on a tank that dodges well.<
>
A druids regen heals no matter what. No wasted mana. <
>
<
>
They all have a few other heals but not many. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:37 PM 

my templar made it to level 7 before getting the delete clicky.<
>
<
>
I haven't tried any other healing class, cause I am having to much fun with my wizzy, guardian, and monk. They can all solo really well right now. My wizzy dies alot too. Stupid manicles don't last for more than 1 nuke. But soloing even heroic groups of critters (up to 3) my wizzy can handle if they are 2 or more levels lower without them up arrows, for my guardian and monk up to 6 critters in a heroic grouping with even on the up arrows and 1 level lower.<
>
<
>
The guardian my die or may not. The monk just uses mend then fds if still having problems keelin' all the critters.<
>
<
>
I am interested in wardens and furies. I miss being a puppy. And saw a fury run by as a lion the other day. That looked cool too.<
>
<
>
Folks told me shammies are really weak compared to what they were in eq 1. But they still get to turn into bears and rats (?) Tsulyra Shadowhawk<
><
>
Storm Warden of Tunare<
><
>
Mithril Web - Lanys<
>Baroness Jendera - 61st rank sword mistress of Tunare<
><
>
Pollyra 50 monk - Venerable Bellyra 63 cleric - Reva 52 rogue<i>Edited by: Tsulyra Shadowhawk  at: 2/23/06 4:39 pm<
></i>

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:26 PM 

The fury has a few illusions to pick from. Some are pretty sweet like the faries. <
>
<
>
My Wizard<
>
<
>
Ha, I have 319 deaths with a kill v death ratio of 63. I will try to kill anything. I love it. <i>Edited by: Noni Deecup at: 2/23/06 5:27 pm<
></i>

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:45 AM 

I have a lvl 60 fury and LOVE it. Some people think all we do is heal, but have a few decent DD spells, a good DD/DoT, buffs and cures, so I CAN solo some, but prefer groups as the XP is better since I can take higher mobs in a group.<
>
<
>
Have a monk lvl 14 for variety when not raiding or busting my butt to try to get 70 <LOL...yeah it'll happen...someday>. I like the differences between the classes, and some of the low level gis are pretty cool looking for a monk.<
>
<
>
Try them all out. There's always the delete button. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:16 PM 

Defiler can heal and do some pretty decent dps if I remember correctly.<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:56 PM 

played a fury to 38 before getting bored and hitting up my necro hard core to 60 before i quit for WoW hard core. Before i left Furys were the way to go as a solo Healer type. i could out nuke most dps and still keep up heals in groups and i soloed like a champ. Not sure how things are since all the changes for combat revamp and new expansion. <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:48 PM 

Defiler's improved wards are awsome. There DPS is also more AE DoT based and can do substantial damage with the right debuffs. <i></i>