It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:54 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:57 PM 

Looking for some honest opinions on whether EQ2 is worth returning to for the new expansion.<
>
<
>
Me and 2 others would like to, but it would have to be worht it, cuz us playing again would make things complicated for our guild.<
>
<
>
<
>
And has the game gotten some patches that noticeably improve gameplay? Keep in mind, I'm ignorant of everything past prismatic weapons. <
>
Wawkin Disaster<
>
_Arch Lich<
>
Gardain<
>
_Second Dawn GL<
>
Grover<
>
_Sesame Street Soldiers<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:21 PM 

the new expansion and gameplay changes are awesome<
>
<
>
a lot of people are muttering about the changes, but not so much on the beta boards - indeed, most there seem to liek it a lot<
>
<
>
there is either a highly tweaked, or new graphics engine<
>
(nvidia 6xxx series does need 1.5 gb ram btw - that is for all games according to nvidia that run at high resolutions)<
>
<
>
worth it?<
>
<
>
Yes, i think so <
>
Aladinsane<
>
http://www.petedean.org.uk<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:45 PM 

What level did you leave at? Cause most of the stuff is like 40+. <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:10 AM 

I'm level 28, been playing since release, I'm very very casual, and have a few alts. Anyway, there's still quite a few places that I have not visited, there's a lot of low-level mid-level content.<
>
<
>
The expansion looks very promising, I'm in beta but can't really test much because of my level though. <
>
<
>
If you come back I really recommend you purchase the Splitpaw Saga expansion pack, it has some very fun solo and group content. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:49 PM 

they got rid of most of the access quests Gostalic. So you can go to these places if you can stay alive p. <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:35 PM 

Are there a lot of Raid mobs in that expansion Gostic? <
>
<
>
Left at lvl 48. <
>
<
>
Yea, we were the former GL's of the guild. Thats why I ask. If we play again, it could be awkward for the current leadership. I wouldnt expect to lead immediately, we'd have to get back up to speed, re-equip, etc. But not everyone would feel that way. <
>
<
>
THough we had quit, us 3 follow the game here and there, looked like that new expansion was gonna be tight. What can I say, I kinda got an mmo fix to fill. <
>
Wawkin Disaster<
>
_Arch Lich<
>
Gardain<
>
_Second Dawn GL<
>
Grover<
>
_Sesame Street Soldiers<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:07 PM 

I haven't done any of the raid events, but there are various 12 people raids. I have a quest for one of them sitting on my quest journal, hope to go there sometime next week. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:32 AM 

I came back in Jun. Left in Jan. The game is about 100000x times better than it was when I left.<
>
<
>
I think a server merge would be good, but other than low populations, the game is very solid now. Draagun Dwarvepunter<
>
Retired Necromancer<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:34 AM 

I've been playing for about a month now and I'm having a blast. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:19 AM 

A couple real life friends went back to EQ2 just to see what had changed... so last weekend I re-activated and was shocked. On a Sunday there was only one server with "medium" population, all others were "low".<
>
<
>
The server my friends were on was a ghost town. Who<
>
Doctor of <Jabberwocky><
>
Thunderhorn<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:47 AM 

They did the free station exchange transfers recently. I think they are currently offering to transfer entire guilds to the exchange servers as well.<
>
<
>
Good riddance I say!<
>
<
>
Noni DeeCups - EQ II<
>
Oasis Server<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:46 AM 

I also quit and decided to return. I tried SWG and just said to hell with that Game so fell back into EQ.<
>
<
>
Except for the fucking 'The Pit Champion' ( ) the Game is pretty solid in my opinion, compared to a few months ago.<
>
<
>
The up-coming combat revamp should prove interesting though. <i>Edited by: Kunathar2002 at: 8/12/05 2:53 pm<
></i>

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:12 PM 

Quote: They did the free station exchange transfers recently. I think they are currently offering to transfer entire guilds to the exchange servers as well.<
>
<
>
Good riddance I say!<
>
<
>
<
>
Lol Noni. You know, I ended up moving all my characters to The Bazaar when the transfers were open. I wasn't sure what to expect community wise, but to my surprise so far the people I've met are really nice. In groups people don't seem to be greedy with loot, which is something I feared, and overall the server feels like a normal server so far.<
>
<
>
The few bad things are low population, and crazy in-game economy. The population seems to be growing slowly, but it still feels very empty, although after joining a guild finding groups has not been a problem. And well, the in-game economy kind of sucks now, somethings are listed too high. But I've heard that after splitpaw saga was released this is happening in normal servers too. So, who knows.<
>
<
>
I haven't bought or sold anything, but it's nice to have the option to be able to make some money out of a hobby at some point.<
>
<
>
Gosthok <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:16 PM 

the euro servers, particuarly splitpaw are very healthy atm - contested raid mobslive for maybe 30 minutes it seems <
>
Aladinsane<
>
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:45 AM 

Alot of raid content in expansion...thats all I can say ;x some area look just too fucking cool too and some zone start to feel like the full scale raid in EQ1 again. Frosin Loneshadow Assassin of Najena <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:36 AM 

Everyone is hereby released from the DoF Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) as of today.<
>
<
>
Feel free to talk about/post/shred/compliment anything you like in whichever forums or channels you choose. Thanks very much for being a DoF beta tester and for the continued posts, /bugs, and /feedbacks!<
>
<
>
- Scott<
>
<
>
____<
>
Scott Hartsman<
>
Senior Producer, EverQuest II <
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:41 AM 

The new city lacks the life the movie SOE had shown us. I was hoping for NPC's to be interacting with each other a lot more. Clapping and stuff like that. Other that that, I did not play the expan much at all. My char was way to low to test the new content. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:47 PM 

if your character was too low they added a Buff NPC right near the docks to level you up if needed,went in little over week and half ago I believe. The interaction is there or enough I guess for me.Talk about nightmares of old though soandso shouts "Spectre to the Docks" or soandso shouts "Sand Giant to the docks" /shudder /twitch :P <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:03 PM 

Oh that is cool. A Buff NPC. Too bad my EQ II account is closed now and I uninstalled it. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:40 PM 

Wife and I came back a few days ago. The population is a tad low, but not so low that it makes it unplayable. It's been fun and we are eagerly awaiting the expansion. We are finishing our push to 50 now, best place to start, right? lol <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:40 AM 

i am nearing my end of everquest. would eq2 be a good decision, something to tide me over until vanguard?<
>
<
>
i would be an archer, ranger, whatever in eq2...<
>
<
>
-cc <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:08 PM 

I'd say yes.<
>
<
>
Since I left EQ, I tried DAoC, FFXI, SW:G, Planetside, WoW and Shadowbane. None have held my interest the way EQ2 does. WoW got close, but it just didn't do it for long.<
>
<
>
There is so much to do in the game, it's a huge world and with the expansion, it'll add a lot of high end content. I'd anticipate that the population will bloom again post expansion, just like EQ1 did after Kunark. <
>
<
>
The population is really the only thing holding this game back at the moment. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:13 AM 

I "returned" as well.<
>
No game was able to keep me interested like EQ1 did..EQ2 doesnt either.<
>
I dont even play on a regular basis anymore..only thing I wanted was something to play when I feel like playing. Hubby and I chose EQ2 over everything else because of the Lore and seeing what happend to whats left of Norrath.<
>
<
>
EQ2 changed ALOT in the time we were gone. They pretty much fixed everything we disliked, and offline selling turned the game into a casual player friendly game for me. I wasnt willing to pay so much more for electricity just to sell pixel items for pixel cash in a game *chuckles*<
>
<
>
I went from a 15hrs a day powergaming zombie in eq1 to a 6 hrs a week flower picking casual gaming woman in eq2..and I love it <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:09 PM 

im on innothule.. stay the fuck off my server cicely. Draagun Dwarvepunter<
>
Retired Necromancer<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:00 AM 

eq2players.station.sony.c...dId=531110<
>
<
>
soru <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:11 AM 

I thought they were playing WoW? <
>
Noni DeeCups - EQ II<
>
Oasis Server<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:40 PM 

people still play WoW?<
>
<
>
soru &lt;!--EZCODE LINK START---&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=3174&quot;&gt;Soru&lt;/a&gt;&lt;!--EZCODE LINK END---&lt;
&gt;
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:17 AM 

We're taking a
eak from WoW yea. Started out as svif and tat screwing around on toxx and they gradually talked a few people into playing and it blew up from there into quite a few of us checking the game out. Liking what I've seen so far, especially the new expansion. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:37 PM 

got a website for EQII yet? may transfer servers and app with my necro. <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:47 AM 

Going to give EQ11 a try, any ideas on what server would be good? and maybe a class. Would like to hook up with old friends. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:27 AM 

wow - server choice would be hard - i think that lanys scattered to the 4 winds<
>
<
>
Mithril Web are on blackburrow - and i know other guilds are on other servers<
>
<
>
Myself, I play on a euro server so .... having said that I do have a little toon on blackburrow, and he is called aladinsane - damned rare spawn though!<
>
<
>
as for class... first off decide if you want to be good or evil - then go from there.<
>
(Good side has too many players, and is always
ight and cheerful in the towns - personally I like the seamy side of Freeport, where I can blend in a touch more....)<
>
<
>
The four main class types do give you a wide variety of choice - one thing I will say is to work your way through Ogaming - possibly the best resource for eq2<
>
<
>
<
>
Aladinsane<
>
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:13 AM 

Kody, what server are you and tat playing on?<