All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:00 AM 

Pass it on if you have contact with anyone.<
>
<
>
Quote:<
>
Hurricane Katrina has left an incredible wake of destruction across the Mid-Atlantic States. Sony Online Entertainment would like to ask you to take a moment to make a donation to the American Red Cross in order to help alleviate some of the suffering.<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
In EverQuest II we have added the /donate command, type in /donate to be taken to the American Red Cross’s Hurricane 2005 relief page. For those members of SOE Communities in other games, you can contribute using this link, American Red Cross. The American Red Cross will process your donation and make sure that it is put to maximum use to help those whose lives have been affected by the hurricane.<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
Additionally, for our 13,000+ players actually in the affected areas, we will be suspending billing until such time as they are able to play again. In addition, any items or structures in any of our games, which decay over time, will be preserved until the user’s next login.<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
Thank you in advance for your support and generosity.<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
The SOE Family<
>
<
>
Brenlo Bixiebopper<
>
Director of Community Relations<
>
<
>
The Assling formerly known as Nerro.<
>
<
>
Lokas<
>
Assassin of Sinister<
>
Nektulos<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:02 AM 

Quote:Additionally, for our 13,000+ players actually in the affected areas, we will be suspending billing until such time as they are able to play again. In addition, any items or structures in any of our games, which decay over time, will be preserved until the user’s next login.<
>
<
>
Actually something that Sony did that I agree with /boggle<
>
<
>
Doug<
>
Tedill<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:20 AM 

I just don't understand the /donate command. You read about it before logging in but you can't just go to the redcross's website yourself you have to log into eq2 and type /donate? Thats the most fucking retarded shit ever. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:14 AM 

Honestly, you could say the same about the /pizza command. But at least they're doing something. If they get a few people with that, then thats that much more money for the Red Cross. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:18 AM 

<
>
<
>
Sure it seems silly, but I don't see any reason to fault a company for making it a bit easier to donate. Who cares, really?<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:52 AM 

They also have a link for you click that takes you directly to the website before you log into the game at the patch screen. The /donate is for the ones that find out about it in game through chat, or people too lazy to go to the website themselves. <i></i>