It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:34 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:38 PM 

Ok, friend picked this up, I'm dabbling with it, despite proclaiming SOE the devil.<
>
<
>
And I have lots and lots of shit in my inventory, and I don't know what any of it does. How do I tell what is merchant fodder and what isn't?<
>
<
>
And I got all these pissant spices and shit, where the hell am I supposed to put all this shit? <
>
<
>
And, btw, some of the voice actors make me laugh. Trolls are fucking funny. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:20 PM 

Examine the sparkley "?" you pick up off the ground. They are collection quest - good exp.<
>
<
>
The other nodes, unless you are going to do trade skills, delete em. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:19 PM 

Oh yeah, most important linky linky's below:<
>
<
>
eq2.ogaming.com/db/layout...search.php<
>
<
>
eq2.gamepressure.com/maps.asp?ID=34 <
>
Noni DeeCups - EQ II<
>
Oasis Server<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:28 PM 

Aye, I got one collection quest out of the way, working on others. And I am a tradeskill whore, so I will be working on them.<
>
<
>
But I got a bunch of herbs, no value, no description, but from what I can find they're used with tradeskills, and I have some items which have tradeskill information in thier descriptions. Then I get things like a medium humanoid skull which at first guess I would think "vendor fodder" but wait! Big red letters say FABLED, and I think, "fabled is good right? right?" <
>
<
>
Can't I just shove this shit in bags and throw them in my room?? *sigh* <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:32 PM 

hehe, fabled = vendor fodder for the most part. <
>
<
>
The herbs are for scholar / alchemy path. I forgot te add the link to EQ Traders II<
>
<
>
Node 101<
>
<
>
So... you are on the evil side eh? Good man! The trolls rock. Especially that troll in East Freeport that talk about nailing her clothes on or she forgets to wear them. *shudder* <i>Edited by: Noni Deecup at: 6/18/05 10:35 pm<
></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:52 PM 

Yeah I met her, and Skragga (sp?) the merchant. The Voice acting is funny shit. Thanks much for the links <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:00 PM 

Poo, you have to choose which trade to be. Can't do everything like eq1. Oh well, Carpenter looks spiffy!<
>
<
>
I am a shaman, the souls of the dead bend to my will! Would you like an armoir? How bout a nice endtable? <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:10 PM 

actually - you can do the other trades but in a limited way - ie, you can make your own ingrediants from other disciplines (After level 10? 20? in your main tradeskill?? I really am not sure but I know I have made a few bits to help with my armour making...)<
>
<
>
BTW - some of those bits that you have harvested will sell very well - so put two large boxes in your vault in your room, and put them up for sale - do a search on the
oker (you can when you are setting the items for sale up in your room btw so do not worry about remembering stuff!)<
>
<
>
even at level 45, I still harvest stuff, and sell it - may only be one silver at a time, but it all adds up ..... <
>
Aladinsane<
>
http://www.petedean.org.uk<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:12 PM 

Harvest any chance you get, be it on the way to or from hunting or questing or between groups. What you can't use for your own tradeskill you can trade or sell to other crafters (drink ingredients, root-types, and ore tend to be most useful, then jewelry stuffs, and food/alchemy less so). With luck and patience, you will get Rare tradeskill items, and you'll get uncommon ones (also marked "rare" on their description) too.<
>
<
>
Rares, depending on type, are used for adept III versions of spells (the best you can get short of Master chest drops- extremely rare to get the chest at all, let alone have it contain the spell you need and be the one that wins it), or especially good armor, jewelry or weapons for the tier, or rare furniture, which is nice to have once you're out of your basic apartment, as it reduces the status cost upkeep of your residence. The higher the tier, the more the rare is generally worth, some of the tier 5's are worth plat although you probably will wish to use them not sell them <
>
<
>
There are nice two and three room apartments in the non-starting areas of the city which have much more room for items, and either a hefty monetary amount up front and a lesser one weekly, or a moderate money and status cost upfront, and small money and status weekly (enough of certain items can eliminate your status upkeep). You earn status points through doing writs and heritage quests (once you're guilded).<
>
<
>
Uncommon harvests (glimmering, luminous, etc.) are used for imbuing playermade items in certain slots: legs, chest, weapon/bow/shield, activateable and ring, can add a healing or damage proc, self-buff, debuff, that sort of thing.<
>
Certain uncommons are worth far more as they are now used in some Heritage quests instead of the true rares that used to be required.<
>
<
>
There's lots more, whatever server you're on I *highly* recommend being in the crafting channel (under chat options). It's usually one of the more active and informed channels, and you'll learn a lot about crafting from the conversations there.<
>
<
>
Oh, a link to one of the oldest/biggest link sites:<
>
Black's Links <
>Aeralla Arcadian <
>Aera of Qeynos<i>Edited by: Aeralla  at: 6/19/05 7:15 pm<
></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:43 PM 

Well so far I'm loving the tradeskills, very tedious but interactive, not just a bunch of clicking the same thing in the same order over and over again.<
>
<
>
My only complaint so far is the workshop supply quests. My first order was for 10 shaped threadbare blouses, which, after much searching, is the result from the threadbare robe recipe. Once I filled that order my next one was for 10 Shaped Conditioned Maple Wands, which, after even more searching, I find out is a recipe in Craftsman Essentials Volume 19, and I'm only a level 12 Craftsman >.<<
>
<
>
Otherwise, more fun than I had expected overall. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:49 PM 

You can go back and request a different supply quest if u can't complete the one you're on. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:25 AM 

Question: Do stats (Int, Wis) have any effect on successes in Trade Skilling? I notice I fail a -lot- on high green or blue items and trying to figure out why <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:39 AM 

Nope. It is all exp, just like killing mobs. Harder item = more exp.<
>
<
>
There are different types of items that require more or less progress though. Like interim items only require 600 progress ( I believe ) where as finished products require 1000 to achieve pristine quality. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:26 AM 

ok, that's good to know. Now yet another question, I know frizz said he'd make it so successfully countering an event will always yield a success; when will that go live do you know? Because I'm witnessing a lot of awful/bad after a successful counter. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:58 AM 

I made a few drinks last night to test this but I didn't see a change yet. So I am not sure. I thought it was live already but it might need some more tweeking. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:52 PM 

okies, danke for all the answers <3<
>
<
>
<
>
More questions undoubtedly to come in the near future! <i></i>

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:34 PM 

the "?" are a great way to make money on the
oker.. well.. the rare ones are.. <