It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:18 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:31 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

I hate them. There, I said it. Oh, to the days of the women that played on Lanys – wherefore art thou? It seems like chicks that play mmo’s, mostly WoW of late, are broken down into one of several categories.

1) Cutesy girly girl: These bitches post apps on guild forums with references to HAPPY PILLS or some other bullshit that is intended to endear male players to them. They post in guild chat constantly in some kind of fucking code-word language that I can’t understand. Requirements are to reference bunnies, kitties or cookies, CONSTANTLY. When they get on a raid, they are dead last in effectiveness or spam raid chat with stupid comments. They die while running back from a wipe because they can’t follow everyone else down the left hallway instead of the right hallway. You know this girl - she's the one constantly emoting in Dalaran at the bank, hugging, smooching and generally using whatever retarded emote mmo-makers put in just for them.

2) The theorycrafting keyboard turner: The worst of the lot. A cruel joke. These gals think they know more about WoW than you. But they don’t. They may tell you that exorcism is a good paladin taunt, and when you wonder why they can’t pick up mobs with fucking consecration, you realize that they are, in fact, keyboard turners. They don’t take suggestions, they get mad when you give away their spot, and yet, when you finally, eventually replace them, you kill the boss that required their contribution (read: a paladin on tidewalker) on the first shot.

3) The bottom feeder: We all have them. These might be cool people but when it comes to playing their class, they’re just a C player, or maybe worse. They’re at the bottom of every contribution gauge, whether it’s meters or just the intangible knowledge that if you are going for a hard mode achievement, DON’T BRING THEM. These are also the people who always stand in the fire, and when it’s their turn to kill spirits during Teron Gorefiend, it’s a certain wipe. That sinking feeling when you see their name pop up in DBM. The one you want to tell to just sit down in the hallway while you kill the boss. They can look at wws reports and can’t seem to figure out why their dps is HALF the other person of the same class and spec, with equal gear. The A team wonders how the fucking hell this person can keep getting a raid spot. Eventually, this person is forced out of the guild, but only after much drama and gnashing of teeth. Perhaps a post on the guild boards about “calling them out”, as if calling you out is worse than you wasting 4 hours of my fucking life every night with your awful failure.

4) The casual drama queen: These are the chicks who only play when they want to – and how dare you suggest we log on for a Sunday raid to progress? Why, I joined this guild to hang out with my friends and I’m going to hold you and everyone else hostage to my mega-huge vagina.

You playing this game alongside me is not a blessing for me. It’s not a privilege to play with you. The fact that you’re one of the few women that play an mmo does not entitle you to be a shitty player that we all just roll our eyes and tolerate. Fuck you, WoW girl!

This is meant as a tongue in cheek post, though there’s some truth to each example, heh.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:41 AM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
heh. all of the top teir guilds on ysera generally consider being a female player a handicap, and you have to actually perform better than they'd normally want for them to invite you.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:42 AM 

Couldn't you have just copy/pasted the old "What forum poster are you?" Flame Warriors list? Unoriginal, boring, and it sounds like you've simply gotten stuck with a bad community on a bad server.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:14 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Aside from the first stereotype, I don't understand how the rest of the list somehow uniquely applies to females.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:55 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Vanamar wrote:
heh. all of the top teir guilds on ysera generally consider being a female player a handicap, and you have to actually perform better than they'd normally want for them to invite you.

Yup, part of the reason my wife couldn't stand our guild on Ysera. She was quite possibly the best tank we had (EASILY the best shaman in EQ I ever played with) and it was just constant bullshit. It was even worse when the new folks realized omg she wasn't single.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:14 PM 

A huge part of the problem is the reaction they get. Many stoke it and manipulate it, but I'm at least AS irritated at the idiots that behave as if they are going to get free blowjobs as at the girls themselves.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:38 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
One of my favorite things to do on WoW (I have a sexy voice, so I'm told /shrug) is when the kiddies get all 'zomg it's a girl' when I was PVPing and had to join various Vents for premades, there would ALWAYS be someone who would make the 'IT'S A GIRL!!!' comment.

I'd tell them that actually I would be...in two more surgeries.

The silence from that was always fun. :) The flood of tells afterwards, even funnier.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:39 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Oh, they were most definitely in EQ too. Shaman chat was not kind to me some days. I don't even want to know what cleric or druid chat was like.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:07 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

EQ1: Syuni D'zpecyzczn
I feel honored to have several skilled and very, very hot ladies in my guild then. Oh, and the only one who fills your category 1 is actually a guy living in south Florida.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:55 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

EQ1: Xantheus
WoW: Xantheus
Feldarzin fell into category B and I don't think it was a female.

I'm with whoever said these stereotypes don't just apply to women.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:58 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Bananea
WoW: Nananea
Vanamar wrote:

Just like in real life.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:03 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

Also the sexy voice thing is bittersweet. So many guys hit on me now...I lead a guild and am single so yeah...I dunno, I have to put them in their place sometime.

The worst part is the guys that won't stop so eventually I have to tell them truth and they (typically) back off.

Also, from my experience if there is more than one girl in a vent it becomes this weird competition about who can get more attention from the male players? Very annoying.

We have one of the keyboard turning theorycrafting girls though...otherwise it's a pretty vagina free zone.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:23 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:

Lets not fall into the trap of blaming actual ineptitude on imagined discrimiation, though!

Worst thing about being a plain old white male...I don't get to blame my shortcomings on anything!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:44 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
They missed one:

The Officer's Girlfriend. This player tends to be utterly useless, clueless and incapable of making a contribution other than /autofollow yet is on every raid her boyfriend is on simply because he's an officer or the guildleader.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:19 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
Heh I'm lol'ing at all of this. The majority of women I've played with rock. There are some quite notable exceptions...but then again there are for guys too. For every attention whore of a girl, there's 5 guys just as bad (only because of the gender skew...otherwise I'm sure it would be pretty equal).

I guess I should say by and large most of the people I've gamed with have been pretty cool people. Then again, I tend to stay away from kiddie guilds, and generally know someone in the guild I join before I join them.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:32 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
Tarot wrote:
Heh I'm lol'ing at all of this. The majority of women I've played with rock. There are some quite notable exceptions...but then again there are for guys too. For every attention whore of a girl, there's 5 guys just as bad (only because of the gender skew...otherwise I'm sure it would be pretty equal).

I guess I should say by and large most of the people I've gamed with have been pretty cool people. Then again, I tend to stay away from kiddie guilds, and generally know someone in the guild I join before I join them.

Oh no no...I'm not saying all girl gamers suck or anything. I was just listing the type I'd come across.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:47 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

In my experience, female players tend to be a bit more dramatic than males, on average. Aside from that, I've seen women with wildly varying personalities and degrees of skill in games.

We only have one woman in my guild atm, and she doesn't really fit any of the above stereotypes. She's very reserved, and she plays well enough to hold a raid spot in a guild that raids with the same 25 people every week and requires a reasonable degree of competence to keep one of those spots.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:55 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Always good to have a few women in the guild. Otherwise, who would do all the cooking and tailoring?

j/k please don't kill me

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:42 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

Why does everyone automatically assume I know TAILORING and COOKING?!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:29 PM 

Quote:
I feel honored to have several skilled and very, very hot ladies in my guild then. Oh, and the only one who fills your category 1 is actually a guy living in south Florida.

I've seen this situation in a few different guilds in WoW as well. Some of the girls actually play significantly better than most of the males, while in at least some of those guilds there's a number of theorycrafting horrible players that happen to be male.

Then again, if we said it wasn't isolated to females, we wouldn't have this clever thematic listing of caricatures that the only thing we've seen more of on the internets are animated gifs of a dancing Drew Carey. Plus, sexism is funny right?!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:45 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

WoW: Drajeck
I figured you were just the 1st to have dual spec.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:12 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

lol!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:31 PM 

Ahh Venen.. Whenever you feel like you're taking yourself too seriously, don't fret - we're not.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:05 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
But he's in the know, and so articulate.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:34 AM 

Certainly I run that risk from time to time, particularly when Givin reminds me that he has trouble comprehending even my most rudimentary musings. Still, in the case of this post, I would have to take serious any suggestion that it's stupid and unoriginal as it is plainly evident.

Anyone can see right through your pathetic attempts to distance yourself from your blind Current Event forum rhetoric by (more recently) creating boring, uninspired, juvenile topics and small talk conversations. I doubt anyone seriously cares about what you think of UPS' "new" motto.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:45 AM 
Spider Slayer

Pip pip, cheerio. I quite agree with you my dear Venen. A lot of rapscallions and miscreants too dimwitted to understand when a gentleman speaks, ho ho ho, if I do say so myself.

/monocle

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:20 AM 

Agreed, I know I always reach for a monocle when I see a big word.

Eloquently spoken, sir.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:22 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Can we buy people custom titles ala SA style? I'd like to give Mr. Bottomtooth up there a special gift.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:18 PM 
Lois Lane!

My last guild (pre-merge Combine EQ server) had TONS of females...and i'd say most of them were pretty drama free. In fact, we had some guys cause more drama than the girls.

One player, though, did play a guy character because she didn't want to be hit on. People wouldn't find out she was female for months, sometimes, unless she mentioned her husband. Then they'd freak out.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:48 PM 
What does this button do?
What does this button do?

EQ1: Wakkagud Ondahed
WoW: Slaaneshi
Eve Online Handle: Ackbarre
Austriana wrote:
My last guild (pre-merge Combine EQ server) had TONS of females...and i'd say most of them were pretty drama free. In fact, we had some guys cause more drama than the girls.

One player, though, did play a guy character because she didn't want to be hit on. People wouldn't find out she was female for months, sometimes, unless she mentioned her husband. Then they'd freak out.

Mishakaal was ALL drama ALL the time. And I distinctly remember Koogla and Caahn. They were good peoples and I often wonder what they are doing.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:28 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Ah, Mish. Good times.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:29 AM 
I schooled the old school.

I was never sure if she was really a chick or not.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:29 AM 
Selling FBR First Torch!
Selling FBR First Torch!

EQ1: Phread Ritesaid
WoW: Chipps (Sombrero)
When I played WAR on one of the roleplay servers, the women as well as men in my guild were good players, RPers and writers.

When it comes down to it, it is a lot like something I have learned in the Navy; you have people that are worth a shit and ones that aren't. X and Y Chromosomes, penises and vaginas are not a factor. I find it funny when people (both men and women) assume so.

One of the funnier moments in my time playing WAR: I was playing a female character (I never broke character with her, nor did I do anything to intentionally decieve or cheat people out of phat lewtz or anything. The character I came up with was a female Warrior Priest that was a bit of a lush and somewhat chaste so that was what I played). Long story short; what started off as me just starting up a group to take down some quest NPCs in the RvR zones for the New Years event turned into me leading a Warband that took all of tier 3. When some of the guy toons tried to take command and I negated their orders/suggestions I started getting all sorts of messages along the lines of "you go girl." I also got a couple "what a bitch" comments. :lol:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:12 AM 
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage

EQ1: Miramicha - retired
WoW: Miramicha - retired
Eve Online Handle: Jake Rivers - active
Astro Empires: Miramicha - simmer
Wakkagud wrote:
Austriana wrote:

Mishakaal was ALL drama ALL the time. And I distinctly remember Koogla and Caahn. They were good peoples and I often wonder what they are doing.

From all the girl gamers I have ever met, I would say all were quite good at playing, and the drama was pretty much non-existent.

Mish is the one exception to this though.

Seems all the drama comes from boys in the 12-22 age group, I have to go as high as 22 as they never admit to being younger.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:08 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Wakkagud wrote:

Oh god Mishakaal. Only cleric I ever kicked. Just wasn't worth it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:26 PM 

Then we have something in common; I kicked her from my guild at the time too.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:04 PM 
Troller in Training
Troller in Training

Did Mishakaal change hands? It was a male on teamspeak about '05.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:59 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

EQ1: Perpetuo / Bupas
WoW: Proven
I believe that character changed hands well before that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:13 AM 

Quote:
Did Mishakaal change hands? It was a male on teamspeak about '05.

I did above-mentioned kicking way back in 2000 or so, so it's likely not the same person.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:06 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

My Mishakaal kick was in.. 2004? Maybe 2003. If that was after the changing of the hands the new person was a fucktard as well.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:55 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Draagun Dwarvepunter
WoW: Draagun
women gamers > kid gamers

Offline Profile