It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:22 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Real Work Sucks
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:04 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Bananea
WoW: Nananea
You guys really think he's being a pussy? You're insane.

You threatened his livelihood when you said you could forward his post history to his employer. This made a light bulb go off in his head and he realized what a flaming douche he'd been and that he would definitely lose his job over it. His sensibility kicked in, knowing that he just moved and without his job he would probably have a very very hard time keeping his family together, he bowed out.

You guys think it's funny he left, I think it's really distasteful. You don't like the guy, fine...but threatening his livelihood is over the line.

No one will get it, and this post will probably kill this thread (my posts tend to) but it's not like I sympathize...he said some shitty things to me about my lifestyle as well...but he never threatened to call me boss over it or anything like that.

Feel how you want, but I'm kind of disappointed in you guys for going so far. If you hate him so much you should have just banned him a long time ago.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:21 PM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

For the record, I agree threatening his livelihood over petty message board bullshit was a whole lot of bullshit, and a straight up bitch move.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:53 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Wow, threatened his livelihood? Way to take things out of context.

To paraphrase, Skycrasher claimed if things were so bad, he wouldn't have a job. Vanamar responded with the idea that if his workplace saw how he carried himself here, he probably wouldn't.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:04 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Bananea
WoW: Nananea
Vanamar wrote:
What school district do you work for again? I'll gladly forward them your post history and let them make a decision.

Reading comprehension Argrax. That's not a threat?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:06 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Gosthok
WoW: Gosthok
SWOR: Gosthok
Yeah, I don't think anyone would have gone as far as to actually contact his job, Van was just trying to make a point. Or at least I hope so. ;P

Either way, he didn't have to stop posting or leave the forums, he could have just stopped being a douche bag. It's not that hard really!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:07 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Nananea wrote:
Vanamar wrote:
What school district do you work for again? I'll gladly forward them your post history and let them make a decision.

Yeah, if you choose to read it in a vacuum.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:08 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Nananea wrote:
Vanamar wrote:

Maybe you should read Sky's post before it? :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:10 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

And Nana who cares if someone calls your boss? You're not doing anything wrong. He's being a douche, doesn't care, is rather proud of it, and then pretends that's not who he really is.

If he was posting from work... lol oh man. All I can say is, couldn't have happened to a better guy.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:35 PM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
I wouldn't have ever even considered following through. I was kind of hoping he'd actually stop being a douchebag like he said he was going to in another thread. Instead, he chose to take his ball and go home, and I think the boards would be better for it.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:35 PM 

will be*

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:06 PM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

EQ1: Rugen Payne
WoW: Mathaen
Quote:
You threatened his livelihood when you said you could forward his post history to his employer. This made a light bulb go off in his head and he realized what a flaming douche he'd been and that he would definitely lose his job over it. His sensibility kicked in, knowing that he just moved and without his job he would probably have a very very hard time keeping his family together, he bowed out.

Goodness golly! You mean Sky finally woke up one day and realized that he doesn't get to hide behind "lawl troll" forever like it's his own personal "get out of my shitty personality" card?

I don't believe it, but if he did? Good.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:12 PM 
Queen of the Lemmings

Vanamar wrote:
I wouldn't have ever even considered following through. I was kind of hoping he'd actually stop being a douchebag like he said he was going to in another thread. Instead, he chose to take his ball and go home, and I think the boards would be better for it.

and anyone who has been in this community for longer then 5 minutes should know that.

WTF put wussy juice in the damn water. Since when did anyone take anything said in a flame seriously? The history of this community is sarcasm, flaming sarcasm and down right mean and nasty sarcasm. Not a single bit of it ever meant anything.

If it did then.. I must HATE Frib, rugen, bagsworthless, ( I used them as examples because these are people I've had BIG arguments with at one time or another but I still consider friends) I can make a list but ya know what I don't hate them. I like all of them because they are people I can have fun arguments on the Internet with. sometimes I act like an idiot and get a funny board title.. sometimes they act like and idiot and I get to point it out.

It's all in fun and sky more then anyone should understand the mentality and for damn sure I'll bet he knew that no one was seriously threatening his livelyhood.

I feel like I'm in a twilight zone episode when something as mild as this is considered nasty flaming.. :scratch:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:39 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
It's just another ploy for attention. And it's working.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:48 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Quote:
Since when did anyone take anything said in a flame seriously?

Indeed, and it goes both ways really. That's exactly where I see the disconnect between semi-anonymous(very semi) forums and real life. If everyone agrees to a sort of social contract that everything is taken less seriously on a message board, then the posters in question(and especially certain troll posters) post with the assumption that no one is going to really take it to be offense... and all sorts of dumb things can get flung.

I think it gets to the degree where a person can call someone else an asshole, and it ends up being the equivalent of a hard slap on the back in real life.

Not everyone is going to agree where that line is. Eventually you get to the point where an insult is an insult. But hopefully you get the idea about the context in which trolls speak on a message board, and the lessening of meaning. One or two guys crying that they've been cut deep isn't going to eliminate the fact that most people take things less seriously here, and as a result, shit is flung with that in mind and with less hesitation - particularly by trolls.

For that reason alone I think all the real life comparison stuff is bullshit. We've got some serious armchair psychologists here. And I say that after what I said about Khan - I have no clue what his life is like, he has no clue about mine. It's all-around the most stupid line of insult. And yea, Sky's guilty of it too - though there are times when people brought it up against him and he didn't, and there are times when he brought it up when no one else did. It's just dumb and should stop, from both sides, IMHO.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:51 PM 

You can either have a moderated forum with some actual standards, even very lax ones, like "No racist or anti-gay posts".. or you can have self-moderation, where the mob rules. The latter is more prone to stuff like this, which is exactly what I was hinting at when I asked where this would end. You can't have both a self-moderated forum and one where the shit never hits the fan.

I'd say people here put up with it a lot longer than they should have. I am surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:01 PM 

Definitely prefer the "anything goes" version.

I don't think as many people were all bent out of shape over his use of those words as they were with his general attitude and posts.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:08 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
Let's see...if you really think the shit you post WOULD potentially cost you a job, you're in a new state and have a wife and kid who are financially dependent upon you, you're a fucking retard if you DON'T take such a threat seriously.

I would come down like the hand of motherfucking god herself on someone I felt was seriously threatening that on me, and by extension...my family.

Skycrasher is a fucking moron and a troll. Seeing as how he's mentioned he's now a teacher, suggesting that his posts would be problematic...not a threat. More like 'Hello reality, have you seen that the sky is blue'.

Asking what district they work in and offering to alert them? That's a threat. And one that he's taking seriously.

I personally think everyone on this forum is too lazy to actually do anything like that. I'd also like to think no one is that shitty of a human being. But in his shoes, I would absolutely take it seriously.

Regardless, he's gone. And given that, I believe him when he's told me he will not be back.

I don't blame him either. I don't mind seeing him or people like him leave...but seeing them leave under these conditions makes me feel pretty shitty about the whole thing.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:13 PM 
I schooled the old school.

Quote:
If it did then.. I must HATE Frib, rugen, bagsworthless

Wait... you don't hate me? omg /em does a little dance.

:)

Quote:
but seeing them leave under these conditions makes me feel pretty shitty about the whole thing.

Yep.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:20 PM 
Queen of the Lemmings

Fribur wrote:
Quote:
If it did then.. I must HATE Frib, rugen, bagsworthless

Wait... you don't hate me? omg /em does a little dance.

Quote:
but seeing them leave under these conditions makes me feel pretty shitty about the whole thing.

Yep.

I'm completely boggled by the entire thing. I could have easily said the same thing to frib.. ya know.. I think I did back when I found out frib was a teacher and... frib posted back seemingly taking it like it was meant. In humor... Sky completely overreacted to something that was an extremely mild flame...

Now threatening someones lively hood is wrong but there was a time where it would be taking worth a grain of salt and laughed off because who the hell would actually do that?

I feel bad that he left in the way he did but am totally confused as to why anyone would take any of that seriously. Especially sky who has ALWAYS given more or equal to what he has gotten... I guess I've been gone from the boards way to long and everyone changed. Not a bad thing but just gonna take getting use to. I'll have to remind myself everytime I post that I can't flame at the level I use to (which I was never a really big flamer unless it was bagsworth or someone like that and even then it was usually mild)

I'm just not use to having to walk on eggshells on this board.

*hugs frib* hate you? how could I ever..

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:23 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

EQ1: Cicely
Some posters here really should look in the mirror. I personally have been slammed by several people (Givin, Vanamar, Neesha, Xantheus, Elessar, etc) when I never even said one word to them about whatever topic was being discussed. Just cause my opinion is different than yours doesn't mean I am stupid, idiotic, I should die (I am sure Givin has said that a couple times on a couple different threads), I should never post here again, etc etc. And the sad thing is that some of them (Vanamar for example) are actual "moderators" on these boards. You would think a "moderator" should not tell a poster to never post again because they don't agree with the "moderator"'s opinions. But of course, it is awfully easy to say rude and disrespectful things to me (and others) behind the anonyminity of a message board where there is really no reprocutions.

It would be nice if people actually showed some modicum of respect towards others, regardless if you had different viewpoints or not. But alas, I find that rarely happens with many posters nowadays. I have had to just simply ignore some posters (Neesha, for example) simply because it got to the point where anything I posted was met with a rude, inconsiderate, condenscending remark from him. I guess people can only take so much, and it got to the point where Neesha was just being downright rude. So I ignore anything that is wrote, and eventually Neesha just stopped saying things. Occasionally I see my name come up in something he writes, like the whole Worthy internet dating thing... but for the most part Neesha just stops writing with my name in it. I ignored Neesha, it took a long time... but eventually Neesha got the idea and stopped. Maybe if people just ignored Skycrasher then he would stop, but instead many of you stooped to his level.

Skycrasher was extremely rude and degrading to others. Doesn't mean you also have to follow suit.

I anxiously await flames from posters telling me to shut the **** up, go to ****, I should slit my wrists and die in a fire, stop posting and never come back to the boards, etc etc etc. Actually I don't anxiously await, I guess I am so used to the rudeness and disrespect on these boards that it comes with the territory. So go ahead, be who you are. Or change for the better, hopefully.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:26 PM 

Rose, it's certainly more than just this comment. He's been shit on for months (years?). It was going to happen eventually, probably.

Some of it was deserved, don't get me wrong, but he got it pretty much 100% of the time.

Plus, for what it's worth, personalities are different. I can post here for years, take a lot of shit for some pretty extreme positions, and for some reason I just don't take it very personally. Sometimes I think certain people have a genuine dislike for me (like Joxur the last few months, heh, although since I just said that out loud he'll deny it), but most of the time it all just seems like "part of the boards."

And Sky has been hit so consistently and so thoroughly here that there had to come a point where it just didn't seem like "a joke" anymore. It certainly stopped seeming to be a joke to me, quite some time ago.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:31 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

Fribur's posts would never have proved seriously problematic to his job. Again, mentioning to someone that perhaps stating that you're a teacher and posting such stupidity is merely saying 'Hello, have you seen that the sky is blue'? And people have said shit like that CONSTANTLY in regards to what people have posted publically. People have said that about married people who've posted stuff 'What would your spouse think', or about people with kids 'What would your kids think'.

What was actually threatened was quite different. When you threaten to actually SEND IT TO THOSE PEOPLE, so they can look at what you've posted and hey decide for themselves, blah blah blah...that's quite a different thing.

Now, maybe the majority of us here wouldn't give a shit. But I'm willing to bet that if you're thinking 'oh so the fuck what blah blah blah'...you can think about something you HAVE posted somewhere privately, or have told people privately that WOULD indeed prove problematic were it disclosed to the wrong people, or embarassing if publically talked about.

It might not be the end of the world for you (let's hope!) but it would still prove problematic, embarassing...perhaps not without real life consequences.

THAT IS WHAT'S BULLSHIT HERE.

That's what I'm fucking *embarassed* to see. For all the mudslinging and bullshit that's occurred on this board, only a small number of times have people ever really gone beyond the pale. In my not so humble opinion, this is one of them.

And again, Skycrasher given who and what he was, would be a fucking moron if he didn't take it seriously. While there's more than a little schadenfreude at watching a douchebag troll finally realize that there's no such thing as true anonimity and that lo and behold there might be GASP some accountability for what he says!...doesn't excuse the threats.

I think it's additionally extremely fucking sad that the only reason some people aren't walking bags of pus ridden shit is the FEAR of consequence, rather than it being the right thing to do...again, doesn't excuse the threats.

It's easy to say whatever, because other than *maybe* and I mean MAYBE...1 or 2 people, no one liked the guy. He was banned 2 weeks not long ago, it even said BANNED under his name on his profile & only 1 person noticed for fuck's sake.

But it's still *wrong*.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:32 PM 
Queen of the Lemmings

Fribur wrote:
Rose, it's certainly more than just this comment. He's been shit on for months (years?). It was going to happen eventually, probably.

Some of it was deserved, don't get me wrong, but he got it pretty much 100% of the time.

Plus, for what it's worth, personalities are different. I can post here for years, take a lot of shit for some pretty extreme positions, and for some reason I just don't take it very personally. Sometimes I think certain people have a genuine dislike for me (like Joxur the last few months, heh, although since I just said that out loud he'll deny it), but most of the time it all just seems like "part of the boards."

And Sky has been hit so consistently and so thoroughly here that there had to come a point where it just didn't seem like "a joke" anymore. It certainly stopped seeming to be a joke to me, quite some time ago.

I guess I understand. Like I said other then like a post here or there every 6 months or so I've haven't even been lurking so it's hard for me to have seen the change. It's kinda like losing weight.. the people around the person losing weight might notice but not right away but people who haven't seen the person in a few months will go.. wow

So here I am saying wow.. now I'll get over it an realize that I'm on a completely different board then I remember.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:35 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

PS: Rosetta it had nothing to do with what you posted as far as I can see. He's "all butthurt" because Venen essentially threatened his job. He would lose his job if Venen or someone else followed through, and he knows it.

So duh, he's shitting a brick.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:35 PM 
Queen of the Lemmings

to add.. I'm not saying that's a bad thing

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:36 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

Rosetta wrote:
to add.. I'm not saying that's a bad thing

IMO seems like some people changed over the last election. That may only be my perception though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:36 PM 
Queen of the Lemmings

*sigh* tarot posted to fast and now my comment might be out of context.. hehe

put my to add at the end of my previous post.. and I'll go make dinner and laugh at myself

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:38 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

Rosetta wrote:
*sigh* tarot posted to fast and now my comment might be out of context.. hehe

put my to add at the end of my previous post.. and I'll go make dinner and laugh at myself

Glad to see you back posting though! :D

I'd call you later but I have to do some work (boo) and then I've got my Bunnies and Burrows GURPS tonight instead of Wed.

But I should be on AIM later. <3

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:40 PM 
Queen of the Lemmings

I have nothing to do but make dinner, clean and yell at my children.. maybe lock them in a cage.. not sure..

life sucks without another adult around... You should see my day...

I'll be around give me a buzz when you pop on

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:09 PM 

Quote:
PS: Rosetta it had nothing to do with what you posted as far as I can see. He's "all butthurt" because Venen essentially threatened his job. He would lose his job if Venen or someone else followed through, and he knows it.

Normally I wouldn't correct, but you said it twice =p Wrong V name! :skewl:

Honestly though, to be perfectly fair, I think it was somewhat obvious Vana wasn't going to send them. Rose was correct in that, of all people, Sky probably should have realized it when he saw someone shooting the shit.

Not that it fully justifies the comment, though I'd just prefer we try and tone down all the real life comparisons based on what people post(mostly because I don't think it makes sense).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:24 PM 
Queen of the Lemmings

additionally the only way it's a real threat is if sky is stupid enough to give him the info in order to follow through with it.

but seriously.. Venen just agreed with something I said... now I know you are all pod people

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:25 PM 

How am I different, Rose? You seem to have mentioned it twice now, and I'm curious :p

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:25 PM 
Queen of the Lemmings

how are you different then what?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:28 PM 

I apologize for the comment.

And cicely -- by your post you're saying moderator's can't be posters too? If I had any sort of real hate for you, I'd have abused my moderator powers and just delete your account, but I don't.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:30 PM 

I don't know Rose... twice I posted, and then afterwards you quoted it and said stuff like, "where am I? Is this the Lanys boards?"

The other thread, too.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:34 PM 
Queen of the Lemmings

oh the only one of those directed at you was the one in the other thread.. cause you said you didn't identify yourself as a christian and that seem off to me. the stuff in this thread was directed at the conversation it's self

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:36 PM 

Quote:
oh the only one of those directed at you was the one in the other thread.. cause you said you didn't identify yourself as a christian and that seem off to me. the stuff in this thread was directed at the conversation it's self

That's actually the first time I've admitted that here, although if people watched my posting closely enough they probably noticed the slow change. Obviously, I'm not narcissistic enough to believe anyone actually noticed, heh.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 PM 
Queen of the Lemmings

well since I've been gone so much I noticed because for me.. it's like a 180 in a second :)

That's why the world seems off.. because a bunch of people have gone 180 and I'm like... huh? wtf? :)

Like I said it's like losing wait.. people around you wouldn't notice really because it's gradual until one they they go.. hey.. your thin.. but someone who hasn't seen you for quite awhile will go.. WOW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:40 PM 

Joxur's made the biggest change to me around here, heh. He went from someone I usually agreed with for years to this monster of an Obama hater.

So basically... you would like him now! :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:43 PM 
Queen of the Lemmings

actually you'd be surprised at how wrong you are.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:43 PM 

Quote:
Sometimes I think certain people have a genuine dislike for me (like Joxur the last few months, heh, although since I just said that out loud he'll deny it), but most of the time it all just seems like "part of the boards."
Nah. I actually like you and respect you. I view everyone differently outside of the politics forum. I feel very passionate, as do you, but I'm generally the kind of guy who you could argue with and then shake hands and talk about something else. There are a few people here I genuinely dislike, but I won't name names.

I just think your political views are complete crap. /shrug

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:46 PM 

Quote:

wait what? do tell! :p

Coming to the Dark Side? We have cookies!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:48 PM 
Queen of the Lemmings

I think political views from either side of the spectrum are total crap.

Anyone who absolutly HATES obama to the point of pull out their hair. Not everything he's done is bad.

Sure I disagree with the path he is taking but I also understand why he is trying to take it.

I honestly think he's trying to get things done and that he believes he's doing the right thing and I have total respect for that.

We can disagree with a mans policies without hating the man.

It's the same thing as the people who absolutely HATE Bush. In the last 4 years of his term I screamed and yelled at my TV.. WHY ARE YOU ACTING LIKE A DEM!! but I didn't hate the man.. I just disagreed with his direction.

I have and always will agree with some of the things he did.. just as I agree with some of the things Obama has done.

*shrug*

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:49 PM 
Queen of the Lemmings

Fribur wrote:
Quote:

wait what? do tell! :p

Coming to the Dark Side? We have cookies!

I voted for him

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:51 PM 

oh. my. god.

Now who are YOU and what did you do with my Rosetta?

Perhaps at some point we should let this go back to the vilification and lynching of the one known as Skycrasher.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:52 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

EQ1: Cicely
An officer of a guild in Everquest is also a player. Does missions, does tasks, goes on raids, gets AA, etc. However, you generally expect an officer to maintain some sort of respect and dignity as well. While they are players, you don't expect them to throw a profanity laced tirade against another player in a public channel like /ooc for example. Nor do you expect them to embarass their guild with derogatory comments at another player just because of their guild tag. You expect them to carry themselves slightly higher in character than your typical EQ player. Doesn't always happen, but they are looked upon slightly higher.

A moderator of these boards is also a poster. Replies, starts threads and polls, etc. However, you generally expect a moderator to maintain some sort of respect and dignity as well. While they are posters, you don't expect them to use racial slurs against another poster that may find it offensive for example. Nor do you expect them to embarass themselves with derogatory comments at another poster just because they have a different opinion. You expect them to carry themselves slightly higher in character than your typical poster. Doesn't always happen, but they are looked upon slightly higher.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:58 PM 
Queen of the Lemmings

Fribur wrote:
oh. my. god.

Now who are YOU and what did you do with my Rosetta?

Perhaps at some point we should let this go back to the vilification and lynching of the one known as Skycrasher.

I can't believe I just admitted that on this board.. I expect lots of pointing and laughing.

Are we going to get to have a lynching? I miss lanys board lynchings they were fun..

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:59 PM 

You dirty pinko commie!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:01 PM 
What? Another Expansion?!
What? Another Expansion?!

I rarely post, but read most everything, and im glad hes gone. It's not like he added any exciting drama with his trolling, he was just holyshit annoying. There is nothing this board will miss with him being gone, very glad hes decided to "leave" (those are HEAVY air quotes).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:02 PM 
Queen of the Lemmings

Fribur wrote:
You dirty pinko commie!

thank you... I feel much more at home now

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:03 PM 
Queen of the Lemmings

Heebo wrote:
I rarely post, but read most everything, and im glad hes gone. It's not like he added any exciting drama with his trolling, he was just holyshit annoying. There is nothing this board will miss with him being gone, very glad hes decided to "leave" (those are HEAVY air quotes).

shhhh I'm trying to hijack the thread and you are not helping :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:24 PM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

EQ1: Rugen Payne
WoW: Mathaen
Quote:
Asking what district they work in and offering to alert them? That's a threat. And one that he's taking seriously.

Gotta beg to differ. What was posted amounted to, "Tell me your address so I can punch you in the face." Which we've seen many times over the years in one form or another.

I'll give him this much credit though, he went out on one last final troll. I imagine he's tickled pink watching this thread.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:39 PM 

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
and he is biting his fingers off to keep from posting. He is just loving this shit. People are defending the bastard. Screw that. He has threatened to leave us "losers" so many times yet he never left. He wanted Givin to post a picture to give him a reason to leave. When that didn't happen right away he had to create another diversion. I just bet that he either a) can't post from work or b) got busted while posting from work and rather than admitting to either he decides to go out in a "troll of glory" to get the last laugh.

I don't give a damn one way or another. If he is here or he is not it doesn't matter to me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:54 PM 

It's one hell of an interesting exercise. After 32 years believing that racist bigots were bad people... now expected to somehow feel sympathy, even remorse after they get the exact response they know they'll get. A wholly predictable response. heh

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:03 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

I have to agree with Rugen, which is why I don't feel the situation is shitty or shameful in anyway. By your example, Tarot, the way I see Van's comment is if someone says, "What would your wife think?" and then they get a, "She wouldn't care! This is the internets, hah. I still own juuuu!!!!11" Tough guy response, which is then followed by the other person with , "Oh yah Mr. Tough Guy? How 'bout I mail this to her then?"

Now, lets stop I better stop exposing the threat as a non-threat. He may want decide to come back! o.o;;;

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:35 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

cicely wrote:
Some posters here really should look in the mirror. I personally have been slammed by several people (Givin, Vanamar, Neesha, Xantheus, Elessar, etc) when I never even said one word to them about whatever topic was being discussed.

I don't think you're a troll. I just think you're an idiot. Big difference.

And sky's a big boy and can live with the consequences of his actions. It's not a dick move, it's reality. Welcome to the wonderful world of accountability. If you don't want it seen, don't fucking post it. This is the price of living in a free society.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:54 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
LoL: ScrubLeague
wow fuck this thread

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:10 AM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

krby71 wrote:
People are defending the bastard.

I haven't seen ANYONE defend him. Saying something is wrong doesn't equate to defending *him*. Not even close.

If I missed someone defending him, let me know...that is possible. I just haven't seen it. Like I said repeatedly, he's a douchebag. And that's pretty much the one point we all seem to agree upon on these forums. :lol:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:26 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Draagun Dwarvepunter
WoW: Draagun
I don't really have anything to say, but I really want in on this thread.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:58 AM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

xskycrasherx wrote:
I'm a bad person because I troll messageboards? Ok.

Vanamar wrote:

There. I figured I'd actually put into context the entire thing that Van said to Sky for everyone. It's pretty obvious it was more of a "Oh, you don't think? Here, let me show you," response with no real intention behind it. Sky just realized that "Oh shit, yes it could very well hurt my job," and rather than take the normal way out of posting something back at Van he took his ball and went home.

Let me rephrase: I do not think there was any real threat. I think Vanamar was saying "If you're so sure, put your money where your mouth is," and Sky choked.

Does it suck? Not really. because in all seriousness if it just hit him he'll be dumb enough to forget and start posting again later. That's the price of an ego. You assume you're above petty judgments of other inferior beings. The difference is some people learn to control theirs.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next