It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:47 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:03 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Neesha the Necro wrote:
Was that really necessary, Sky?
Sky is totally liberal and non-racist, so the brothers are totally cool with him saying nigger.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:39 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Since when is saying "nigger" grounds for automatically being classified as a racist?

I'm a little racist, I won't lie - I dislike illegal immigrants and I realize that blacks cause more crime in urban areas than white people do, etc. These are more prejudices though I guess.

Everybody is a little racist, for the most part. Very few people in the world are entirely non-prejudiced or racist.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:02 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
It's just fucking stupid to do it and disguise it as "I was just saying what THAT GUY would be saying" when it didn't need to be said at all. But it's more attention directed towards you, so you succeeded. You got me to reply to you, which I said I wouldn't do again, so you succeeded. Don't you get tired of being a complete fucking douchebag all the time? Don't you get tired of being banned from these boards just for being yourself? Don't you get tired of virtually every single person on these boards having a problem with you? When do you look in the mirror and say 'enough is enough?' You're a father. Isn't it about time to mature? That usually happens before fatherhood, not after, but it's never too late. Seriously, look in mirror. If your kid was old enough to read and visited these boards, do you think she'd hate the person you are on these boards or like the person you are on these boards?

I know the people that really know me would '"get me" (and my comments) on these boards. Would the people who really know you "get you," or would they think, "wow, he's a real fucking asshole, isn't he?"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:34 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Neesha, the problem is that I was just saying what I thought that guy really would thought. Do you think that guy is ok with the fact that he lost his job over some rich ass NFL player thinking he can do whatever he wants and run red lights? I know the cop was probably trying to show the guy "He's not above the law" and acted like an asshole in the process, but do you think a person like that REALLY gives a fuck how he treated Moats? I don't. He's only sorry he lost his job.

He probably thought he was just another "nigger" from the streets of Texas being a bad ass / thug. Some of the most RACIST people I know IRL are people from A) The armed forces, B) Law enforcement, and C) Fire fighters. Do you think the cop honestly regrets what he did, or that more likely he's jaded that some black guy was able to force him to resign and save face? From what I understand, depending on where you are, you pretty much HAVE to approach the job as if everyone is a scum bag or wants to lie to you. It's just part of their jobs.

In regards to how I'm perceived on these boards... all I don't know what to say... I am who I am and I post how I post. Yes, sometimes I feel badly about what I post, and I do troll a lot. You're right though, I don't act how I post on the boards IRL. It's completely unacceptable to do so in a professional environment, etc. I do have feelings that are contrary to what a lot of people think, but it's only when someone has OPPOSING arguments to that do they call me out. I could say "Fuck all those right-wing assholes who are anti-gay marriage" and most people around here would be cool. If I was on some right-wing republican board I'd be hung out to dry.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that just because I have different opinions and views about the world doesn't make me an asshole...

As far as my maturity level, well, I've got to be somewhat mature to have accomplished what I have so far and be as far along in life as I am. I know when to hold back and I know when I can speak my mind.

And you know what? So what if I'm an asshole? I treat my family great, my co-workers all like me (not just that "oh god I have to work with this guy so I can be civil at work" like, I'm talking "Hey man, got some tix for the game this weekend, wanna go?" or the "Hey we're going to x_place for happy hour, wanna come?", and I have a great set of friends. I'm not some introverted asshole who hates the world because I can't get by due to my assholishness. I'm probably more two-faced than I am an asshole.

PS: My kid IS old enough to read, she'll be 8 in August. She's been able to read since she was like 4.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:40 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

People don't hate you because they disagree with you, they hate you because you're an asswipe.

I disagree with Fribur.
I disagree with Bovinity.
I disagree with Kirby.
I disagree with Neesha.
I don't hate them or think they're pieces of shit. Neesha gets on my nerves some, but oh well. In general, I believe those people have a sincere truthfulness and goodness. Even Venen, who I think it is horrible at debate, I don't have quite the same loathing for him. If I saw him on fire, I would try to put him out.

I don't see that in you. I see someone who fronts a position, but is ultimately filled with "bad". I went to a wedding recently and they had a slideshow with music like lots of weddings. At the end of it, they guy gave himself credit. Literally, it said on the last slide, "Created by Joe Blow". That's the sort of thing I would imagine you doing.

You talk about how wildly liberal and open minded you are, but then you toss about a word like nigger. It simply makes no sense.

I am trying to learn to be more accepting and understanding of where people come from. The fact that you feel constantly compelled to tell everyone how successful you are and how much you've accomplished and how great your kid is and how much everyone loves you tells me that you have some pretty serious insecurity issues. Your friends include people who commit suicide that you ridicule. Somehow I doubt your claims.

I probably should pity you more than I loathe you, but I can't help it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:00 PM 
Bridge Dweller

1) I don't think there is anything wrong with typing nigger on the internet, especially when I'm expressing a thought I have about someone else. Did I call the guy a nigger? No. Do I ever say it IRL? I'm sure I have for some reason, but can't remember the last time I have. Do I use it to describe people? Of course not. To the contrary, I have a problem if you use it hatefully to describe people. It's just a word unless it has intent behind it - like most other pejoratives. You could call someone a "farker!" and if you said it with malice and hate, you could mean the same thing. (I do take issue with people who say "fag" around here and yet are upset with me for typing the word nigger.)

2) In regards to the whole taking credit thing... I have no clue where you'd get that from. The only things I sign my name on are homework, contracts, and notes I send people. :P I'm a very humble person, I don't go out of my way to point out the good things I do for others, and if I'm complimented for it I say "Thanks, they would have helped me out too."

3) I am liberal, and I am open minded. Like I said, I don't use the word nigger in a derogatory sense, but I'm not stupid (or naive) enough to ignore facts and realities around me. I am a product of the environment, and I've seen the worst side of illegal immigrants, and I've paid for it. (Insurance rates in AZ are insane due to the amount of uninsured illegal immigrants.) I've been thrown a beat down or two for being in the wrong part of town once or twice when I was younger by some black fellas. On the other hand, I've also threatened by white power fuckheads because I was in a band with an outspoken gay singer. I think white power people are fuckers. I think black people who beat the shit out of people that are some place they don't "belong" are fuckers. I don't hold it against them though. Does it make sense to hate an entire group of people for what individuals have done? I do what I do in my life to not become like that, and to treat people with respect.

4) In regards to my success in life, well, sorry man I'm pretty damn proud of what I have done, and I'm proud of my family. Do I walk around telling people I've been accepted to law school? No. Do I tell people I have a B.A., History? Dude I didn't even have a "graduation party" when I graduated. I didn't send out notices, no invites. Simply saying these things doesn't make me insecure. I've said it before -- but what do I care what people on the internet who dislike me think? Who am I trying to impress? What do I have to prove to you? There is simply no point... it's futile. It makes you sound insecure for trying to call me out on it. I'm not looking for acceptance of congratulations here. I'm rewarded every day in my life by my profession and being in law school.

I don't need your pity brother, I'm happy with life. Are there things I want to change? Of course, I haven't reached my full potential, but few people rarely do. I strive to however. That's the difference between a lot of other people and myself. I have issues with being to vitriolic on the internet, and I've tried to change but apparently not hard enough. I keep saying I'll cool my jets but never do, so I don't blame you guys for thinking I'm a chode.

Whatever... 24 is on. Time for some Jack Bauer pwnage.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:22 PM 
I schooled the old school.

Quote:
I'm a very humble person

Lol... the fact that you feel the need to say this...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:36 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Yeah yeah yeah, goes along the same lines of "you must be insecure lol"

You'd have a case if I said, "Hey man, look at all these accomplishments and things I've done for people, I didn't take credit, I'm a very humble person"

But, I didn't... and you don't.

Go one-up Ronald Jenkees, foo!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:35 PM 

Quote:
Hey man, look at all these accomplishments and things I've done for people, I didn't take credit, I'm a very humble person

uhhh... that pretty much sums up the entire post. And you've done it many times.

"I don't care what you guys say! I'm so successful. You don't know me! And see how humble I am too? Man I rock, so screw you!"

I don't really join in often on beating you up, but seriously, do you even read what you write?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:31 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

WoW: Drajeck
Quote:
I don't hate them or think they're pieces of shit. Neesha gets on my nerves some, but oh well. In general, I believe those people have a sincere truthfulness and goodness. Even Venen, who I think it is horrible at debate, I don't have quite the same loathing for him. If I saw him on fire, I would try to put him out.

I contend that you would also attempt to put out Sky, it would just have to wait for a full bladder.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:36 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

WoW: Drajeck
Vanamar wrote:
hahah. that reminds me of when I went to a gun show with a cop friend of mine. he said he'd had enough pepper spray/mace to the face that it didn't faze him anymore.

we went to the "non-lethal/less lethal" weapons section, and I dared him to spray himself in the face. Without looking he grabbed a canister and sprayed himself full on in the face.

5 seconds later, without flinching, he said "take me to the hospital, that had ground glass in it" -- his eyes were completely red.

Some people read this as a funny story. I read this as a simple example of why insurance rates and waiting times in emergency rooms are out of hand. Don't intentionally spray shit in your eyes.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:34 AM 
Bridge Dweller

Fribur wrote:
Quote:
Hey man, look at all these accomplishments and things I've done for people, I didn't take credit, I'm a very humble person

uhhh... that pretty much sums up the entire post. And you've done it many times.

"I don't care what you guys say! I'm so successful. You don't know me! And see how humble I am too? Man I rock, so screw you!"

I don't really join in often on beating you up, but seriously, do you even read what you write?

This is pretty far off target, and when you choose to join in to beat on me, you're wrong. :P

You're wrong. The only things I've said around here are that I've got a degree and that I am in law school. Why is that bragging? Is saying you're in college bragging? Do I use them as tools to reinforce that I'm better than anyone? No.

Move on Fribur, you're simply wrong here.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:40 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

How many times have I read this exact conversation about skycrasher, like 7-10 times?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:43 AM 
Bridge Dweller

Yeah it's all they have. "You're so pretentious!" - "You think you're better than everyone but you're just a douchebag!" or the famous "Lol, you're so full of yourself but u have no reason to be."

They whip it out every time they try to justify being fuckheads.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:06 AM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

SurcamStances wrote:
How many times have I read this exact conversation about skycrasher, like 7-10 times?

Usually followed by one of the posts of his like the one that started it this time. So, I dunno. However many times he's posted stupid shit like the one that started the conversation in this thread.

That'd be my guess Surcam.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:25 AM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

lol "I'm a very humble person" hahahaha

Oh well, if he can't see what's wrong with that then it just shows how oblivious he is.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:45 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

In spite of the logical contradiction, provided he's absolutely nothing like his 'online persona', I'm sure things are pretty normal for him like he professes.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:46 AM 

Oblivious is definitely the right word, heh.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:13 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

EQ1: Syuni D'zpecyzczn
As I tell my eldest, "If he's nice to you, but not nice to strangers, he's not nice."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:34 PM 
Bridge Dweller

I'm not oblivious, I fully understand the irony in pointing out the fact that more often than not I am a humble person, but offering it up to people on the internet without anecdotal evidence AFTER being accused of something otherwise by someone who doesn't know me isn't as obnoxious as you guys are making it out to be.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:37 PM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
The funniest part is that you're the only person on this forum who doesn't think you're an asshole.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:39 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Quote:
there's nothing wrong with saying nigger, chink, faggot, special olympics references, if they're used in a joking manner.

Quote:
Shut up, faggot.

Quote:
McCain was wrong, faggot

Quote:
Looks like a cancer patient with makup. Fucking faggot. I wish he would have killed himself instead.

Quote:
I may be on the Lanys forums, but in re: suicide, most of my friends IRL think the same way, that suicide is for faggot ass losers.

Quote:
I'm just waiting for Joxur to come out and scream "BARACK OBAMA IS A FAGGOT NIGGER TERRORIST, HAHA U ALL LOSE CUZ U VOTED FOR HIM" when something goes wrong.

Quote:
Shut up, faggot

Quote:
If anything, he should talk about his service in general, not his dumb faggot ass getting caught.

Quote:
You're a fucking cocksucking faggot.

Quote:
This guy is being glorified for being a dumb faggot and getting caught and shot down.

Quote:
(god what a faggot term)

Quote:
Xantheus you're a god damn faggot.

Quote:
Imus is a fucking faggot.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:47 PM 

You forgot me, Vanamar! =(

Quote:
As I tell my eldest, "If he's nice to you, but not nice to strangers, he's not nice."

True, though I'm not convinced Skycrasher has exactly been malicious on here, either. It would be pretty hard to judge a person's real character based on the fact that, "OMG, he trolled a message board for shits and giggles!". I'd be more concerned about someone who judged based on that evidence that a person wasn't nice than I would about the troll.

If I had a penny for all the trolls on something like the WoW forums. That'd be a pretty big brush for me to paint with. I put them in the same category as the guy who pushes past without excusing himself: Careless, and somewhat thoughtless, but hardly symptomatic of evil in the person's bones. It could just as easily be the guy who would rush into the street to save a disabled person who fell down as it could be the guy who would laugh and throw a stone at them.

Bad evidence with bad conclusions makes for an astounding compound of crap.

I suppose I might think differently if I hadn't met people that act entirely different in real life compared to the forums. Hell, even in-game compared to the forums, on many occasions. People type and talk to the tune of the crowd, and sometimes invent and evolve their own pseudo-personalities.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:03 PM 
Bridge Dweller

joxur posts all the bad words i've said in jest as if i meant them all literally. good game. i guess if you saw those posts like that without context you could certainly make the case that i was a hateful asshole. dont get me wrong, i hate a lot of shit and i can be an asshole (we all do and can be), so i get the picture.

still dont think its wrong for comedians to use nigger faggot jew etc if theyre doing it as jokes, or is chris rock a terrible racist who is truly hateful?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:05 PM 
Bridge Dweller

ps: 90% of that was trolling. i gotta stop that. i dislike it when i read it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:58 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Maybe the point is this - the way you're perceived on the message board is a pretty good reality of how you're probably perceived in life.

In real life, some people think I'm a know-it-all-jerk. Other people respect me. I frequently have to temper my deisre to say to people at work, "thanks for your input, now let me tell you the right answer." My friends know I'm fiercely loyal.

If I had to bet, most people think you're a fraud.

And as a wake-up call, being accepted to law school means shit. Talk to me when you're pulling down 6 figures doing something other than chasing ambulences.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:36 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
ambulances :skewl:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:01 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

EQ1: Syuni D'zpecyzczn
That teacher smiley is the best thing Dr. X ever did for us. Besides going away.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:35 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
LoL: ScrubLeague
go back to gbs

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:09 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Tyral
Syuni D'zpecyzczn wrote:
That teacher smiley is the best thing Dr. X ever did for us. Besides going away.

Who the fuck is Dr. X?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:06 PM 

Some dude Tarot invited to debate her points for her.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4352

Offline Profile