It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:04 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:17 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Draagun Dwarvepunter
WoW: Draagun
Hot damn these things are good!! If you like hot dogs but also enjoy not having clogged arteries, give these bad boys a try. I put off trying them for months because I fear any low fat hot dog, but boy was I wrong.

I put them in the toaster oven for about 10 minutes, throw them on some whole wheat buns and top with dry broccoli slaw - yum.

http://www.hebrewnational.com/pages/pro ... franks.jsp

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:38 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Quote:
I put them in the toaster oven for about 10 minutes, throw them on some whole wheat buns and top with dry broccoli slaw - yum.

I cannot begin to quantify the amount of wrong in this statement, given that it concerns hot dogs.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:58 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

lol, well, I prefer coleslaw, but that kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:06 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
I get weird cravings for hot dogs like every year - year and a half. Can't stand them otherwise, but then suddenly I'll be eating them every day for a week.

I buy the horrifically bad for you Oscar Myer hot dogs with cheese inside.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:13 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

Cheese brauts fucking own.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:14 PM 
Bridge Dweller

yea i like brats, but i'll get a dog when i'm at a suns game now and again, sometimes from quiktrip. they're a nice little meal. i love onions and ketchup on mine.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:04 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Gosthok
WoW: Gosthok
SWOR: Gosthok
Quote:
I get weird cravings for hot dogs like every year - year and a half. Can't stand them otherwise, but then suddenly I'll be eating them every day for a week.

I buy the horrifically bad for you Oscar Myer hot dogs with cheese inside.

When you get such cravings give me a call and we go to Pinks in LA. Such an awesome place (maybe as unhealthy as cheese stuffed weinners .

I'm pretty much the same way about hot dogs though, I can't stand them for the most part. Burgers on the other hand...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:59 AM 
Lois Lane!

Hebrew National is the only type of hot dog I eat. I can't stand the taste of the rest.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:38 AM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

Austriana wrote:
Hebrew National is the only type of hot dog I eat. I can't stand the taste of the rest.

I like their 'we answer to a higher source' commercials. Clever advertising. :lol:

And honestly I've gotten kosher before simply because I think they're probably more careful about what goes into it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:51 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

I really like the Hebrew National ones, too (specifically the 97% fat free). They are the only fat free / low fat dog that I've had that have a lot of flavor. Most are really really bland.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:59 AM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

Kosher food is generally pretty good.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:48 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Annastazia
WoW: Gravestone
Here in Wisconsin, I only buy Usingers. Everything they make is better.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:56 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Ham in the street had an episode on dogs...

My fav is from him:
Dog
Toasted bun
finely chopped onions
finely smashed potato chips
ketchup
stadium mustard
mayo

MMMMM MMMMMmmmmm damn it's good.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:04 PM 
Oh yeah? How 'bout I kick your ass?

EQ1: Xkhan
WoW: Xkhan
You had me right up until you said... "top with dry broccoli slaw".

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:24 AM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

EQ1: Qindyin
WoW: Tgurok
yeah no shit.. dry? wtf! If you're gonna have a slaw dog, do it right.

And Hebrew Nats are also the only hot dogs (aka jew dogs) I'll eat.. they taste great, and don't give me heartburn like the others sadly do.

And toaster oven prep isn't that bad, it's a quick cheap 'almost grilled but better than nuked' flavor.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:56 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

I would rather have a "real slaw" dog too - but I also prefer life over a heart attack at 35. Sometimes, you gotta make the tough choices.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:54 PM 
I've pwned over 300 times!

Nobody's a fan of the Healthy Choice hot dogs? I like them, but I can't remember the last time I had a "real" hot dog, so don't take my word for it as far as "authentic hot dog taste" goes.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:36 PM 

Quote:
I would rather have a "real slaw" dog too - but I also prefer life over a heart attack at 35. Sometimes, you gotta make the tough choices.

So get off your ass and go walk around the block after you eat a few real hot dogs, or go jog, or do some pushups and lunges ... jeez.

The willingness to deprive ones self of the good things in life vs actually doing some exercise and eating what ever the fuck you want is beyond me...

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:39 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Pumping your body full of shit and then thinking it's ok because you jogged around the block isn't really a formula for long-term health. =P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:50 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Xkhanx wrote:
The willingness to deprive ones self of the good things in life vs actually doing some exercise and eating what ever the fuck you want is beyond me...

I have to agree with Khan here, one of the major reasons I exercise on a regular basis is so that I can eat what I want.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:57 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

Exercise is not a cure-all. What is better, to eat shit and exercise or eat healthy and exercise?

And you act as though I am eating something that I do not like. I LOVE the food I eat, if I didn't like it, I wouldn't eat it. Just because YOU don't like the food I eat does not mean it is not pleasurable to me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:50 PM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

EQ1: Cakvala
WoW: Cakvala
LoL: Cakvala
Cheese Filled Brats are the fucking best fattening thing ever!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:52 PM 
Bridge Dweller

my fav. hot dog is nathans... anyone like those?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:13 PM 

Xkhanx wrote:
So get off your ass and go walk around the block after you eat a few real hot dogs, or go jog, or do some pushups and lunges ... jeez.

That's a ridiculous statement.

Two Nathan's dogs have 500+ more calories than two NH97% dogs. It takes an average Joe 4+ miles of jogging to burn off that difference, which I'd consider pretty substantial amount of exercise. That's for the one meal (assuming two dogs fills you up), and is only balancing calories (neglecting to consider the high cholesterol and saturated fats in a regular hot dog).

I think most people confronted with the choice of "jog for 45 minutes" or "eat a not-as-tasty hot dog" on a daily basis would choose to forego the taste, and would be perfectly sound of mind to do so - especially so when one is confronted with this choice three or more times per day.

By the way, I'm not condoning a completely sedentary lifestyle. I'm just arguing that the "eat whatever you want and just get some exercise" mantra carries little weight (at least if he shares my appetite) and that low fat/calorie alternatives can make maintaining health much more manageable.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:58 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

Calories really aren't the big problem with hot dogs. :(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:48 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Quote:
Calories really aren't the big problem with hot dogs.

QFT

If I could exercise off the other shit that's put inside of them, I'd be all for it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:50 AM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

No one took issue with the HN dogs, it was the dry slaw, wtf. It's not fucking slaw if it's dry.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:46 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

xskycrasherx wrote:
my fav. hot dog is nathans... anyone like those?

Gah how scary, we agree on something.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:44 AM 

Quote:
I think most people confronted with the choice of "jog for 45 minutes" or "eat a not-as-tasty hot dog" on a daily basis would choose to forego the taste, and would be perfectly sound of mind to do so - especially so when one is confronted with this choice three or more times per day.... neglecting to consider the high cholesterol and saturated fats in a regular hot dog

And your statement is just as ridiculous. The amount of LDL (bad) cholesterol in the blood is controlled in two important places The liver produces LDL (using it to make bile) and cleans it from the blood and the intestines absorb cholesterol, which comes from food and from bile. People who have a problem with high LDL cholesterol usually have that problem because their liver produces more than their intestines can absorb. Stop believing the Lipitor adds on TV and get informed about your OWN body and what it does via a blood test.

When I say Eat whatever the fuck you want I don't mean sit down and eat 3 hot dogs 3 meals a day every day. I mean If I want to eat a hot dog or 2 then I will eat them. Same goes for the small bowl of ice cream I eat every night between 7-8pm. I go to the gym and work out so that if the occasion arises and I want to eat a big ass 'chocolate thunder from down under' after my meal at outback then I do. Any and every Dr will tell you that just eating healthy does not contribute nearly as much to cardiovascular health as exercise. It does help, but not nearly as much as exercise.

Life is here to live and the excuse for not enjoying life because you are too lazy to take care of your body is pathetic. But you all go right ahead and continue to eat your bland ass food with no fat and no salt and no sugar and sit at your PC's playing games, I will continue to eat as I want, go to the gym and keep my HDL/LDL right where it should be for anyone my age, 45 in 7 days.

_____

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:47 PM 

Tarot wrote:
Calories really aren't the big problem with hot dogs. :(

I didn't mean to imply that high calorie count was the worst offender of a hot dog. Calorie levels are just quantifiable and predicable in terms of intake and expenditure (with respect to eating an exercise). And since numbers effect a more compelling argument, I went with what's quantifiable.

What point was I trying to make with the numbers? That working off the bad that comes with eating hot dogs comes with much greater effort than not eating them in the first place.

In other words, you're going to spend a lot more time exercising to make up for the unhealthy food you eat than the time you spend eating it. Contrariwise, Khan suggested you can eat "whatever the fuck you want" and "sometimes exercise" (and maintain an comparable level of health). I disagree.

Xkhanx wrote:
When I say Eat whatever the fuck you want I don't mean sit down and eat 3 hot dogs 3 meals a day every day. I mean If I want to eat a hot dog or 2 then I will eat them. Same goes for the small bowl of ice cream I eat every night between 7-8pm. I go to the gym and work out so that if the occasion arises and I want to eat a big ass 'chocolate thunder from down under' after my meal at outback then I do. Any and every Dr will tell you that just eating healthy does not contribute nearly as much to cardiovascular health as exercise. It does help, but not nearly as much as exercise.

I guess I took "eat whatever the fuck you want" and "sometimes exercise" at face value. If what you meant was "occasionally indulge" and "exercise regularly," I agree: those two activities balance each other out nicely.

Xkhanx wrote:
Life is here to live and the excuse for not enjoying life because you are too lazy to take care of your body is pathetic. But you all go right ahead and continue to eat your bland ass food with no fat and no salt and no sugar and sit at your PC's playing games, I will continue to eat as I want, go to the gym and keep my HDL/LDL right where it should be for anyone my age, 45 in 7 days.

You seem to be harping on the "exercise is good for you" point, which I wholeheartedly agree with (as I believe I mentioned earlier); I don't think anyone has questioned that point in the thread.

My objection to what you said is all in the how muches. Specifically, how much crap one eats and how much one exercises - and how much of one balances out how much of the other (to maintain health). A "walk around the block" isn't going to work off a couple hot dogs - but maybe 15 would.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:49 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Quote:
What point was I trying to make with the numbers?

What do you know about numbers?!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:50 PM 
What? Another Expansion?!
What? Another Expansion?!

ketchup on a hot dog? do that in chicago and someone may take your thumbs. nasty.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:06 PM 
Spider Slayer

I put loads of ketchup on mine, and two slices of med. sharp cheddar. ballpark all beef franks usually boiled.

Offline Profile