It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:53 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:47 PM 
The all singing, all dancing crap of the world.

EQ1: Arkayn x2 on Lanys and Arkaynx on Stromm transfer
WoW: Arkayn
If "Anyone but Bush" is acceptably in 2004, "Anyone but Clinton" should be acceptable for 2008.<
>
<
>
I do have reasons though. I think she comes off way too a
asively. I think she is annoying. Hearing her talk makes my ears bleed. I lost respect for her for her "stand by your man" mentality in 98. She's a liberal with liberal views. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:53 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Quote:Who said that's what he wanted?<
>
<
>
Uh, him. He pushed to be involved in Homeland Security stuff, and got snubbed. This was after he pushed to stay on as mayor and got snubbed, and after he pushed to stay on not as mayor but in some 9/11 advisory capacity to NYC and got snubbed.<
>
<
>
Here's one article: http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/1...tner=MYWAY<
>
<
>
Here's the jist. Rudy Guiliani's popularity wasn't high before 9/11. He had dropped out of the running with Hillary, had cancer, and a rather big scandal regarding his marriage. He also was more than a bit of an asshole, and people had frankly just gotten fucking tired of it. Yes, he was good on crime, but even that's debatable. His methods caused a lot of problems, and there's been a lot of talk that the crime reducation rates had little to do with changes he made. <
>
<
>
Personally, I think it had to do quite a bit with changes he made to some areas. You can't reasonably argue he didn't clean the shit out of Times Square. The question though being how did it effect the lives of most New Yorkers? Meh.<
>
<
>
9/11 hits, and Guiliani pretty much becomes the hero of the hour. Now, his detractors have said that people would have followed anyone at that point, and it's no credit to him. There's some truth in that, but the man did a helluva job. <
>
<
>
He's also a Dem. turned GOP, which can mean a variety of things, but usually means that overall they don't 100% trust you, and while they're glad you came over, you don't have the same juice you'd have working ranks for the entire time coming up.<
>
<
>
Bush hates him. Or so insiders have said. Or doesn't like him, whatever you want to believe. Bottom line, outside of 9/11 he was a falling star, not a rising one. 9/11 helped him tremendously. But that doesn't mean much overall.<
>
<
>
So between his political problems prior to 9/11, and personal problems = no political appointments for him. He still stumps for the GOP, and still stumped for Bush because it was the politically smart thing to do for himself. <
>
<
>
The big question is really how much can he rely on 9/11 good press to carry him? Especially with his last political job being what...7 years earlier as mayor.<
>
<
>
Sure he's a 'favorite' at the moment, and a name which will be bandied about. He might even go for the primaries, but I think he has no realistic hope, the more I think about it. If he wants to continue in politics he should probably start looking at going for Hillary's current position. <
>
<
>
I mean, unless McCain decides not to run and there's no other viable candidate, or McCain gets caught strangling a ten year old boy he had sex with or some shit, I just don't see him as a potential front runner the more I think on it.<
>

<
>
Keep my head from exploding?... You can help!
<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:37 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

We had nothing to fight Alito with. He rules very conservatively but he is a legal genius and has the knack for ruling on the side he wants to win and finding the way to do it. He is nearly spotless and you can't reject him for being too conservative when they are in power. He was a smart as hell pick and we were outplayed. He will be the justice and we knew it as soon as they named him. Most dems are already looking at 2006. <i></i>

"State that opinion in my presence, you fucktard, and I'll show you how valid it is when I'm kicking the shit out of you."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:00 PM 
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage

I love Feingold. But he's a Jew. I'm not sure that would fly well in certain areas of the country.<
>
<
>
Warner might be Bill Clinton #2. Darkhorse centrist Democrat governor from a non-Yankee or West Coast state.<
>
<
>
Edwards will do well. He has the name recognition now, and his likeability points are bigtime.<
>
<
>
Wes Clark will run again. Maybe the second time around will be the charm. I like him.<
>
<
>
Gore won't run. He's on record multiple times stating this. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:14 PM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Gore is running in 08, but does not yet know it.<
>
<
>
<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:29 PM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Gore to address "Constitutional Crisis" <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:11 AM 

Alito Confirmed!<
>
<
>
Woopty Woop. In the history of the nation, there has never been a political party so ridiculous as today's Democrats. It's as if all the
ain-damaged people in America got together and formed a voting bloc<
>
<
>
-Ann Coulter<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:14 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

That Ann Coulter quote is neither interesting, witty, or intelligent. Why use it?<
>
<
>
Silly question I know, you are who you are. But couldn't you come wittier? <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:19 AM 

Quote:That Ann Coulter quote is neither interesting, witty, or intelligent. Why use it?<
>
Because to me, it's funny. I didn't realize quotes had to be interesting/witty/intelligent, and also didn't realize they had to meet your approval. Get over it. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:40 AM 
I've pwned over 300 times!

Hey it's the internet, sigs can have trite and unfunny quotes in their sigs or e-whore themselves out with a myspace link.<
>
<
>
Shitty hockey team vs. Stupid comic, the equality is beautiful. <
>
<
>
<
>
Gnome - Dark Iron - Knight of Arcadia<
>
<
>
<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:46 AM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

EQ1: Abysmul
WoW: Who
I'm shocked the vote was pretty much down party lines.<
>
<
>
Really.<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
Well, not really. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:49 AM 

Are you still bitter that the Wings got swept in '95? <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:12 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

hey, message boards are all about opinions. I gave one. Get over it. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:20 AM 

Wow, that's original. In the history of the nation, there has never been a political party so ridiculous as today's Democrats. It's as if all the
ain-damaged people in America got together and formed a voting bloc<
>
<
>
-Ann Coulter<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:23 AM 

Gratz Alito! I wonder if his wife will be sitting with the first lady tonight. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:09 PM 

Since he will be sworn in before the speech he will most likely be sitting with the rest of the Supreme Court. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:11 PM 

Jateki said his wife, not him. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:57 PM 

Stevens better not die on us <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:20 PM 

He's in pretty good health for 85, isn't he? <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:39 PM 
Selling FBR First Torch!
Selling FBR First Torch!

Liberalism is a mental disease.<
>
<
>
-Michael Savage<
>
<
>
I like that one <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:43 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

Ginsberg is not in the best health. Perhaps we could ask her to step down, for her own health's sake. We wouldn't want anything bad to happen to her. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:51 PM 

Stevens was born in 1920, Ginsberg was born in 1933, Souter in 1939 and Breyer in 1938. These are the four to really watch for resigning soon. But none will probably leave before Bush is out of office. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:00 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

Quote:But none will probably leave before Bush is out of office.<
>
<
>
Unless something bad would happen to them. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:11 PM 

Well, that's always a possibility but I personally feel that it's pretty bad karma to even entertain such thoughts. Hell, something bad could happen to any of them or to any of us for that matter. It's just not worth debating on the basis of their age alone. Then on the flip side, it was pretty clear that Rehnquist was in poor health and wouldn't last much longer so I didn't have too much of a problem discussing his successor, but that was due to his health issues. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:19 PM 

At a quick glance out of the corner of my eye, I keep thinking Abysmul's avatar is Jay M Bear's. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:29 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

That's my dorf priest in WoW. He's studly, in a non uber guild sort of way. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:30 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Quote:9/11 hits, and Guiliani pretty much becomes the hero of the hour. Now, his detractors have said that people would have followed anyone at that point, and it's no credit to him. There's some truth in that, but the man did a helluva job.<
>
<
>
As Katrina has shown, not everyone in a leadership position is able to deal with a crisis properly.<
>
<
>
911 was out of no where. Wake up, head to the office, get told that possibly 50k of your constituents might have just gotten offed. Rudi, in his defense, handled the entire situation with the maturity, professionalism, and get it done attitude that I would hope a leader would have. He eshewed the finger pointing bullshit and simply acted from the basis of 'This happened, it's what we need to deal with. Leave the blame game to others, I need to get my people accounted for, get this mess fixed, and get my city moving on again'.<
>
<
>
Ray Nagin handled Katrina completely the opposite, and, whats worse, he knew it was coming. I'll be Rudi would, in 3 days, have gotten as many people out of NO as possible.<
>
<
>
Just my opinion. Say what you will about him outside of a crisis, when things get ugly and bad real fast, he's the type of leader that I would put my trust in, and follow his direction to get things done. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:07 PM 

Alito looks stellar standing with the SCOTUS justices. <
>
<
>
Rumor has it Cindy Sheehan got handcuffed and removed from the gallery because she was trying to unfurl some sort of banner. I wouldlove having her on my side, it's too bad!<
>
<<<<<THIS IS THE ARKAYN SARCASM MESSAGE. THE PREVIOUS SENTENCE MADE BY ME WAS SARCASTIC IN NATURE. I HOPE THIS COVERS ALL OF MY BASES. THANK YOU.>>>>> <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:25 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Weee! One more step in the march towards executive
anch dominance!<
>
<
>
Go go checks and balances! <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:51 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Caladaar
WoW: Dirka
Quote: Liberalism is a mental disease.<
>
<
>
-Michael Savage<
>
<
>
I like that one<
>
<
>
Conservatism is a mental disorder, and a threat<
>
<
>
And from a response to that..<
>
<
>
Quote:Good points... fascism is certainly a manifestation of the disorder on a large scale.<
>
<
>
With the fascism of '30's Europe, here's how my theory applies:<
>
<
>
With all their raving fanaticism about "security," the telling point is that they did not actually ACHIEVE security. Quite the opposite, in fact. The idea of security was more important than real security.<
>
<
>
That's what I mean about how this disorder is not based on truth and results.<
>
<
>
Notice the Bush administration's policies, which are supposedly all about security and national defense. But what are the results? More terrorism, more enemies of America - LESS security, in short.<
>
<
>
If results and consequences were the guide for policy, we would not be where we are now.<
>
<
>
That's a picture of the danger of the disorder, in a nutshell - the leadership of the Bush administration and its results.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master. <
><
>The biggest enemy of freedom is a happy slave.

<i></i>

The biggest enemy of freedom is a happy slave.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:04 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Caladaar
WoW: Dirka
Oh, and before anyone gets all uppity, I shall give my stance in case you haven't seen it yet:<
>
<
>
Quote:-Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. <i></i>

The biggest enemy of freedom is a happy slave.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:00 AM 

Stevens is not in the best of health.<
>
<
>
Sheehan was invted to attend the speech. She got arrested for wearing an antiwar T-shirt. How fucking lame. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:47 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Quote:Conservatism is a mental disorder, and a threat<
>
<
>
And from a response to that..<
>
<
>
Boy, refuting Savage by linking dkos. Talk about Dumb and Dumber.<
>
<
>
My responce to that? Conservation is never a bad thing. Infact conservation is a good thing. We want to CONSERVE our envroment, our energy and our resources, not liberaly waste of it. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:53 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Quote:Sheehan was invted to attend the speech. She got arrested for wearing an antiwar T-shirt. How fucking lame.<
>
<
>
Forgive me if I dont cry a tear for the quack who's 15 min of fame ran out 5 months ago, about the same time that she called to end the illegal ocupation of New Orleans. The lady needs some serious help.<
>
<
>
Then again I will let some Iraqi's speak for me on Sheehan.<
>
<
>
Quote:I realize how tragic your loss is and I know how much pain there is crushing your heart and I know the darkness that suddenly came to wrap your life and wipe away your dreams and I do feel the heat of your tears that won't dry until you find the answers to your question; why you lost your loved one?<
>
<
>
I have heard your story and I understand that you have the full right to ask people to stand by your side and support your cause. At the beginning I told myself, this is yet another woman who lost a piece of her heart and the questions of war, peace and why are killing her everyday. To be frank to you the first thing I thought of was like "why should I listen or care to answer when there are thousands of other women in America, Iraq and Afghanistan who lost a son or a husband or a
other…�<
>
<
>
But today I was looking at your picture and I saw in your eyes a persistence, a great pain and a torturing question; why?<
>
<
>
I know how you feel Cindy, I lived among the same pains for 35 years but worse than that was the fear from losing our loved ones at any moment. Even while I'm writing these words to you there are feelings of fear, stress, and sadness that interrupt our lives all the time but in spite of all that I'm sticking hard to hope which if I didn't have I would have died years ago.<
>
<
>
Ma'am, we asked for your nation's help and we asked you to stand with us in our war and your nation's act was (and still is) an act of ultimate courage and unmatched sense of humanity.<
>
Our request is justified, death was our daily
ead and a million Iraqi mothers were expecting death to knock on their doors at any second to claim someone from their families.<
>
Your face doesn't look strange to me at all; I see it everyday on endless numbers of Iraqi women who were struck by losses like yours.<
>
<
>
Our fellow country men and women were buried alive, cut to pieces and thrown in acid pools and some were fed to the wild dogs while those who were lucky enough ran away to live like strangers and the Iraqi mother was left to grieve one son buried in an unfound grave and another one living far away who she might not get to see again.<
>
<
>
We did nothing to deserve all that suffering, well except for a dream we had; a dream of living like normal people do.<
>
<
>
We cried out of joy the day your son and his comrades freed us from the hands of the devil and we went to the streets not believing that the nightmare is over.<
>
We practiced our freedom first by kicking and burning the statues and portraits of the hateful idol who stole 35 years from the life of a nation.<
>
For the first time air smelled that beautiful, that was the smell of freedom.<
>
<
>
The mothers went to
eak the bars of cells looking for the ones they lost 5, 12 or 20 years ago and other women went to dig the land with their bare hand searching for a few bones they can hold in their arms after they couldn't hold them when they belonged to a living person.<
>
<
>
I recall seeing a woman on TV two years ago, she was digging through the dirt with her hands. There was no definite grave in there as the whole place was one large grave but she seemed willing to dig the whole place looking for her two
others who disappeared from earth 24 years ago when they were dragged from their colleges to a chamber of hell.<
>
<
>
Her tears mixed with the dirt of the grave and there were journalists asking her about what her
others did wrong and she was screaming "I don't know, I don't know. They were only college students. They didn't murder anyone, they didn't steal, and they didn't hurt anyone in their lives. All I want to know is the place of their grave".<
>
<
>
Why was this woman chosen to lose her dear ones? Why you? Why did a million women have to go through the same pain?<
>
<
>
We did not choose war for the sake of war itself and we didn't sacrifice a million lives for fun! We could've accepted our jailor and kept living in our chains for the rest of our lives but it's freedom ma'am.<
>
Freedom is not an American thing and it's not an Iraqi thing, it's what unites us as human beings. We refuse all kinds of restrictions and that's why we fought and still fighting everyday in spite of the swords in the hands of the cavemen who want us dead or slaves for their evil masters.<
>
<
>
You are free to go and leave us alone but what am I going to tell your million sisters in Iraq? Should I ask them to leave Iraq too? Should I leave too? And what about the eight millions who walked through bombs to practice their freedom and vote? Should they leave this land too?<
>
Is it a cursed land that no one should live in? Why is it that we were chosen to live in all this pain, why me, why my people, why you?<
>
<
>
But I am not leaving this land because the bad guys are not going to leave us or you to live in peace. They are the same ones who flew the planes to kill your people in New York.<
>
I ask you in the name of God or whatever you believe in; do not waste your son's blood.<
>
We here have decided to avenge humanity, you and all the women who lost their loved ones.<
>
Take a look at our enemy Cindy, look closely at the hooded man holding the sword and if you think he's right then I will back off and support your call.<
>
<
>
We live in pain and grief everyday, every hour, every minute; all the horrors of the powers of darkness have been directed at us and I don't know exactly when am I going to feel safe again, maybe in a year, maybe two or even ten; I frankly don't know but I don't want to lose hope and faith.<
>
<
>
We are in need for every hand that can offer some help. Please pray for us, I know that God listens to mothers' prayers and I call all the women on earth to pray with you for peace in this world.<
>
<
>
Your son sacrificed his life for a very noble cause…No, he sacrificed himself for the most precious value in this existence; that is freedom.<
>
<
>
His blood didn't go in vain; your son and our
ethren are drawing a great example of selflessness.<
>
God bless his free soul and God bless the souls of his comrades who are fighting evil.<
>
God bless the souls of Iraqis who suffered and died for the sake of freedom.<
>
God bless all the freedom lovers on earth.<
>
<
>
iraqthemodel.blogspot.com...eehan.html <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:17 AM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

Quote:We want to CONSERVE our envroment, our energy and our resources, not liberaly waste of it.<
>
<
>
Is that the clear skies initiative, or maybe the healthy forest act that I'm thinking of
<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:37 AM 

Quote:Forgive me if I dont cry a tear for the quack who's 15 min of fame ran out 5 months ago, about the same time that she called to end the illegal ocupation of New Orleans. The lady needs some serious help.<
>
Bingo. It's sad that it takes her getting detained to get her back in the news again. I am sure I was just one of many who already forgot about her. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:01 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Quote:Is that the clear skies initiative, or maybe the healthy forest act that I'm thinking of <
>
<
>
Who said Bush wanted to conserve the enviroment? <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:53 PM 

His first ruling was for the individual and no one comes here to praise the man? <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:59 PM 
Selling FBR First Torch!
Selling FBR First Torch!

It's just a big smokescreen. <i></i>

Offline Profile