It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:09 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Girls phhbbbt
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:24 PM 
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage

EQ1: Golliwog
WoW: Rileigh
Ok I need an impartial third opinion on this.

So spent the weekend camping, came back sunday evening. Had a nap, watched a movie went to bed.

So monday begins, I had it off because well I felt like taking it off. I get up and drive her to work at 11a. Come home check out a few things on the my normal websites that I peruse, play a little mario cart for Wii, then decide it's time to start cleaning up.

So I drag everything out of the downstairs closet as it's messy as hell and needed to be reorganized. I clean up the garbage that was in there, throw the old empty boxes that were in there out etc etc, eventually get it completely empty and start bringing in the camping gear that was still in the car. I get all of our camping gear organized into the closet and it is now all in the same place for the first time since we've been together all the camping gear is in one spot and the downstairs closet is clean and organized for the first time since we moved in. I also cleaned up the entire downstairs minus the kitchen and vacuumed everything.

So that took me mmm, about 4 hours give or take. So her shift ends, I go pick her up, take her to pick up a mother's day card and a mother's day cake, drive her 30mins out to her parents house so she can give them to her and spend about 3 hours with her there, BBQ her food etc.

Now, while I was cleaning up we were emailing back and forth now and then. When I told her I was cleaning up and reorganizing the closet her response to that was why was I doing the closet, I should be cleaning up the kitchen and our bedroom along with the living room. I told her it took me three trips to take all the boxes out, her reponse: why are you throwing out boxes we'll need those when we move in September.

So I go to get her when she was off work, I had forgotten the mother's day card in my rush to get her on time (was pretty punched for time after I had finished what I was doing) that she had reminded me to bring earlier that day. I get yelled at when I get in the car for that. So I drive us back to our place first to get the card, I pull up and wait for her to get out, I get: "What you want me to get the card that you forgot?".... Yeah that might be quicker then me parking the car, turn it off so I can take my keys to unlock everything and going up and getting it myself.

So she comes back down after getting the card and says: "So what did you do? It doesn't look any different."

Finally on our return from her parents, I said we needed toothpaste, asked her if she wanted to stop on the way home to pick that up. She says sure as long as I pay. I say fine. As we pull in I explain that my line of credit payment likely came out today and my account may have gone into overdraft because of it as I wasn't sure exactly how much it would be, but I was pretty sure it'd be fine. She scoffs at me and said I should have asked her earlier if I wanted her to pay for the toothpaste. So we left, I didn't speak to her for the rest of the night.

I also just now told her that her inappreciativeness (is that a word? lol) disgusts me.

Am I right or I am just blowing this out of proportion?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Girls phhbbbt
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:31 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Arunhah
WoW: Scathain
Rift: Arunhah
EQ2: Scathian
For what it's worth, it sounds as though you aren't blowing this out of proportion at all. That type of behavior is not something I would expect from someone who I'm involved with and living with.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:51 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

There is no point arguing with her. You are wrong.

Even if you are right, you're wrong.

Apologize and say you'll do better next time.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:01 PM 
Do you smell that?

You don't really want to come here looking for advice. If you're seriously upset and feel unappreciated, welcome to every relationship in the history of the world.

If you are done, then grudge fuck the shit out of her then tell her to gtfo. If you are going to lay down some law and fix her attitude, do it. Coming here and asking us if you're in the right is not looking to good for your confidence.

Girls love confidence...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:01 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Do you need pussy that much?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:02 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Did she mention that she no longer likes that kind of toothpaste, you insensitive bastard?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:08 PM 
The Sleeper
The Sleeper

EQ1: Leolan
Rift: Leolan
At this line,
Rileigh wrote:
So spent the weekend camping, came back sunday evening. Had a nap, watched a movie went to bed.
it was pretty clear what this story would be about.

Some people, when upset, will attack every little thing they can. I'm surprised you haven't learned that one yet, though imagine your post is venting more than asking for advice.

After all,
ShareefRahim wrote:
You don't really want to come here looking for [relationship] advice.
you've probably learned that lesson too.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:17 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Khameir
WoW: Khameir
Rift: Khameir
EQ2: Khameir
LoL: Khameir
SWOR: Khameir
I've encountered similar situations with the wife.

Best option I can offer already has been offered...Apologize and say you'll do better next time. Always works for me

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:18 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Maybe Dolalin, the master of relationships can pop in and offer some advice. :downtown:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:37 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Tranthas
WoW: Niali
I'm not an expert, but I'll bet you a lot of money it's not about the closet or anything else that happened that day. Something else is on that woman's mind.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:38 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

Tell her if she's got a problem then speak the fuck up, if not, quit yer' bitchin'.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:44 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
It was mother's day. She probably got an ear-full from her mom on why isn't she a mother yet. That was on top of all of the girls at work telling her what their families did for them on mother's day. You putting up the camping supplies and cleaning out the camping closet to her showed that you are still in the "let's have fun and enjoy our lives" phase and she probably has started to shift into the "damnit I want kids" phase. If you would have done the earlier things that she asked (kitchen, beadroom) it would have shown that you are more focused on domestic issues and not just dealing with the single task at hand of what NEEDED to be done (putting up the camping supplies in a manner that will allow for easier retrieval next time)

or I could be wrong.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:52 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Tranthas
WoW: Niali
You could be wrong, but it doesn't sound like it. She might also be ticked off because the energy spent cleaning was completely unrelated to what she asked, and she's frustrated because "he just doesn't listen." Which any woman will tell you, is punishable by slow death.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:55 PM 

EQ1: Miramicha - retired
WoW: Miramicha - retired
Eve Online Handle: Jake Rivers - active
Astro Empires: Miramicha - simmer
The first time she lipped off at you, you should of slapped her, the second time a punch in the head.

Eventually she will learn to be quiet, obedient and appreciative of everything you do.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:03 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Sound like a fan of Tom Leykis. First time they give him any lip or shit they're gone. Or so he says.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:12 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

Is this your wife or girlfriend.

Also this stuck out:

Quote:
So monday begins, I had it off because well I felt like taking it off

Like someone else said, it the argument usually has nothing to do with the actual issue at hand.

Maybe she is angry at you because she had to go to work but you didn't. I don't know what you do for a living, so I don't know if you get paid for taking a day off like that. But if you don't....

Quote:
As we pull in I explain that my line of credit payment likely came out today and my account may have gone into overdraft because of it as I wasn't sure exactly how much it would be, but I was pretty sure it'd be fine.

So money is tight in your household, and she knows you don't have a valid excuse why you didn't go into work. So maybe she's pissed because of that, and it doesn't really matter how much you cleaned up the house, because the real issue is that you should have been at work in her mind.

I don't remember where I've read it, but money tends to be the #1 stressor in any relationship, so it's a good thing to always look at as the cause.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:09 PM 

Naw it's not a money thing. I get paid salary and do indeed get paid for days off like that. Also I worked 10-12 hour days all week the past 3 weeks previous to that, so it was a well deserved three day weekend. Like I said I was pretty positive it would be fine (and it was by about 50$). I don't usually keep a whole lot of extra spending money in my bank account to keep myself from buying frivolous things. If I need it it's available and she's well aware of that.

Yeah it was sort of a bit of a vent, but I sometimes don't think as clearly as I would like to when it comes to ghey relationship stuff. I just wanted a second opinion to confirm that I did nothing wrong and, as I suspected, something else was up. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:41 PM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

EQ1: Cakvala
WoW: Cakvala
LoL: Cakvala
Sounds like my husband...

I want to enjoy life and he wants to stress about it.

Fun combo eh? :partyman:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:34 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Draagun Dwarvepunter
WoW: Draagun
Sounds like small shit... was any of it really worth fighting about? My wife and I... we've had like 1 argument in the last 2 years.. and I don't even remember what it was about.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:35 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
It was about money.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:22 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Did you both go camping? Or did you go camping by yourself? I'm guessing that "you spent the whole weekend on yourself and then spent Monday being irresponsible!"

In other words, there are times I'm glad I'm gay. ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:50 PM 
Oh yeah? How 'bout I kick your ass?

EQ1: Xkhan
WoW: Xkhan
Sounds to me like she is having an affair and she feels bad about it and is taking it out on you.

Now that you know what the problem is, go toss it in her sister, make sure you film it and toss a few thumbs up at the camera while you are plowing her. Then put it out on wunbuck.com, send her an email with the link and make sure you have all her stuff packed up and in the front yard when she gets home. You do not want that cheating ho back in your house...

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:09 PM 

Xkhanx wrote:
Sounds to me like she is having an affair and she feels bad about it and is taking it out on you.

Now that you know what the problem is, go toss it in her sister, make sure you film it and toss a few thumbs up at the camera while you are plowing her. Then put it out on wunbuck.com, send her an email with the link and make sure you have all her stuff packed up and in the front yard when she gets home. You do not want that cheating ho back in your house...

Best advice ever! I'm all over that shit.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:30 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Thanks for that link!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:06 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

Possibilities of her perspective:

Quote:
I also cleaned up the entire downstairs minus the kitchen and vacuumed everything.

Girl might seem unapprecitive because she does this on a regular basis with little or no notice from you, but you expect 'gee honey thats WONDERFUL!!' because you did it once in the last 5 years.

You forgot the card. She asked you do one thing for her on your day off, and you screwed it up.

Quote:
Finally on our return from her parents, I said we needed toothpaste, asked her if she wanted to stop on the way home to pick that up. She says sure as long as I pay.

There's a big issue with money here if she's worried about you freeloading a freakin' tube of toothpaste, and her concerns end up being realized. This sounds like a tune she's heard from you often... 'oh, right, sorry babe, I might be overdrawn, I'll get it next time'

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:24 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Stop playing mario cart, Get off your ass and...

Clean the whole house
Work more or better so credit line isn't an issue
Don't expect anything for it

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:58 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Or dump her and continue to play Mario Kart and masturbate often.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:44 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Belzek wrote:
Possibilities of her perspective:

Quote:
I also cleaned up the entire downstairs minus the kitchen and vacuumed everything.

Girl might seem unapprecitive because she does this on a regular basis with little or no notice from you, but you expect 'gee honey thats WONDERFUL!!' because you did it once in the last 5 years.

You forgot the card. She asked you do one thing for her on your day off, and you screwed it up.

Quote:
Finally on our return from her parents, I said we needed toothpaste, asked her if she wanted to stop on the way home to pick that up. She says sure as long as I pay.

There's a big issue with money here if she's worried about you freeloading a freakin' tube of toothpaste, and her concerns end up being realized. This sounds like a tune she's heard from you often... 'oh, right, sorry babe, I might be overdrawn, I'll get it next time'

Of course he is broke. He has to pay for the rent/mortgage, groceries, AND shit for her mom. I bet all her money its going to clothing and shoes.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:26 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

[quote="Snarky00]Of course he is broke. He has to pay for the rent/mortgage, groceries, AND shit for her mom. I bet all her money its going to clothing and shoes.[/quote]

All the bills!! Holy crap I can't even buy toothpaste!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:25 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

xskycrasherx wrote:
Maybe Dolalin, the master of relationships can pop in and offer some advice. :downtown:

Lol.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:33 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

WoW: Drajeck
You said you needed to stop for toothpaste, she said fine as long as you pay, and you responded OK to that. Then when you pulled in the parking lot, you said she needs to pay because <reason doesn't matter here>. Bait and switch never goes over well.

I don't know who pays for what usually, and it's not my business. When you need her to pay for something though, say it up front. If you use a line of credit to buy toothpaste, you're probably going to have a lot of fights over money in the future if you both arn't on the same page with things.

Offline Profile