It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:48 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:55 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

EQ1: Cicely
In my 18 years of retail, I have met probably millions of different people. The most famous I have helped in my store include-

Mike Tyson
Alice Cooper
Britney Spears (that caused quite a commotion)
Grant Hill

My all time favorite celebrity story- I went to New York City about 10-15 years ago to help open a store in the New York/New Jersey area. Worked six days, the seventh myself and the group of 10 that I was with traveled to downtown New York City to vacation for the day. We were walking down Broadway, past some of the Broadway shows that were playing. Out of one of the shows walks Erik Estrada from CHIPS! fame. We approach him and talk with him, laughing and stuff. He was smiling, gave some of the members a couple autographs. Around his arm was this extremely attractive blonde- big boobs, nice body, the whole package. She was also at least 20 years younger than him, probably mid-20s max.

So a couple days later, this store opens. Lots of celebrities come to the store for grand opening, they hold a big press conference and such. One of the corporate managers is talking on this stage inside the store, and some of the major celebrities are behind him in a line. And sure enough, Estrada was one of them. Only this time around his arm was... a middle age woman, late 40's, average looking. Erik was smiling and waving to the crowd until he saw us. I am pretty tall, so he recognized me and then saw the group I was with. And we were pointing and laughing because we obviously found him cheating on his wife. He made a frown towards us, looked at his wife, and began to mouth to us "Don't say anything!" or something to that effect. After the speech was over, the celebrities came into the crowd to mingle. He left his wife, walked over to us, and essentially said the same thing. This guy was beyond nervous, which was funny... like his wife is going to believe a dozen strangers who say that her husband was cheating.

So let's hear it from you guys- who has been the most famous celebrity that you have actually dealt with, interacted with, conversed with, done something with, etc? Let's hear some cool stories...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:06 AM 
What does this button do?

EQ1: Wakkagud Ondahed
WoW: Slaaneshi
Eve Online Handle: Ackbarre
After an Everclear concert in Nashville about 14 years I got to knock back a few brews with Art Alexakis.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:32 AM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

EQ1: Sarissa Candyangel
WoW: Sarix
I've talked with Chuck Brown, George Clinton, Tony Hawk, and Henry Rollins; but just shooting the shit really.

Coolest was probably meeting Frankie Knuckles at a record store in DC and playing some french house.

Sarissa Candyangel

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:52 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

EQ1: Daas
WoW: Vuloth
EQ2: Daas
Had a beer with Trent Reznor (sp?) in a Detroit strip club and ran into Chris Berman in a McDonalds in Southington, CT. Nothing wild in either event, the coolness being the fact they both acted like regular guys.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:09 AM 
Oh yeah? How 'bout I kick your ass?

EQ1: Xkhan
WoW: Xkhan
In the 80's I was a night club DJ in several big nightclubs in Cincinnati. The Islands, The Conservatory, The Glass Menagerie and La' Boom. I also went on to be the Manager of a few clubs, before I got married...

But I met a lot of Celebs. The most memorable of which are..

I got a blow job from Belinda Carlisle from the GoGo's in the parking lot of The Glass Menagerie. Unfortunately, it was from her chubby years...

I got drunk as fuck with Bob Seger when he came to La Boom after a concert.

Used to have David Lee Roth hang out in the DJ booth with me when he came into town. Amazing how many bra's and panties that guy could get thrown up in a single night.

Hung out with Tom Selleck every night in the booth for like a month straight at The Conservatory when he was filming a movie in Cincy. I swear to god, that guy pulled more pussy than any 10 men should be allowed to get. The guy wouldn't be there more than 10 min and a girl would be dragging him into the bathroom in the VIP lounge to blow him.

Had Barry Manilow hang out in the booth one night, drunk as hell and he sang Copa Cabanna over top of the record playing. He was another guy who's very presence dropped womens panties post haste.

I watched Chris Collinsworth and Boomer Esiason do coke off the bar at the Islands many many times.

Had Tom Cruise come into the Glass Menagerie and hang out in the booth. IMHO, yes the guy is gay.

Those are the most memorable, but there were a lot more. Mostly b-listers and a ton of playboy playmates.

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:20 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

I met Alec Baldwin several times over the course of filming <i>Malice</i>. I was working at a restaurant in Northampton, MA, at the time. He doesn't drink alchohol (or didn't then - can't say about now) and one of our bartenders mixed up some fruit concoction that he fell in love with. It didn't hurt that our restaurant had this one table in a cozy corner with hugeass wicker chairs that was the table we kept open for couples on anniversaries, big dates, etc. I think he showed up for dinner about five or six times during filming.

He was a really cool guy. Offstage, he's much more relaxed and amusing like his 30 Rock character rather than his "serious" / action movie personas.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:03 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
LoL: ScrubLeague
I dated Phil Blackmar's daughter for a little bit.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:13 AM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

EQ1: Cakvala
WoW: Cakvala
LoL: Cakvala
I suck, no perseral celeb stories for me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:36 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Tranthas
WoW: Niali
I've played basketball with Tim McGraw (who pwned us). Faith was there; she's way hotter without makeup and in normal clothes.
Had a few drinks with the members of Dave Matthews Band who were not Dave himself (he doesn't like hanging out with fans) and spent about an hour water-bombing the crowd at The Gorge from backstage with an enormous slingshot Road Manager Moe had brought in. The owner's box called down and made us stop before someone sues us -- apparently the direct hits looked more dangerous than they were.
Traded jokes with Jason Mraz during setup for a show he was opening.
Ja Rule screwed up his own Summer Jam set by getting the stage crew so high they couldn't work; I waved off that one.

There are others, but I worked on stage lighting for long enough that they don't really stand out in my memory anymore.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:52 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
A friend of mine used to work for the Houston Rockets. He would fly the Southwest Airlines blimp at halftime of the games. I'd often go with him to help out, so met Rudy T, Charles Barkley, and a few others. After a game one night, we went to a bar and Sir Charles was there. We ended up hanging out with him because he remembered us as "Houston Rockets Staff." As more and more people entered and wanted to crowd around him, my buddy told them he was security and would make everyone stand in a single-file line if they wanted to talk to Charles (much to his delight). Eventually a pretty hot chick walked up and wanted to kiss him on the top of his bald head. He said yes, of course, and when she did so and walked off, I told Charles that it was pretty uncool of him to let my girlfriend kiss him right in front of me. He seemed pretty impressed that she was my girlfriend and apologized. I told him I was just kidding and he said "ahh, sucks for YOU, haha!" Anyway, he was pretty cool, bought me a few beers (Miller Light, though) and when I saw him another time, he remembered me and chit chatted like we were old pals. Definitely not the dick everyone thinks he is.
I also have a few friends who used to play pro football for the Houston Oilers, but I wouldn't consider them celebs since most people don't know em. Barkley was definitely the coolest.

Edit: I am also friends with an ex Penthouse Pet of the Year (Megan Mason) and she's cool in that "slutty Penthouse chick who will show her tits during Kareoke night" sort of way. Not the same kind of cool as Barkley, but there's something to be said for a friend who'll get hopped up on drugs, put her hand down her pants, then have people smell her fingers.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:36 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

After high school I used to work in a big arcade complex. Mick Foley brought his kids there a few times.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:41 AM 
Bridge Dweller

I've met lots of famous musicians, too many to count really tbh... I've also met Danny Devito and Arnold Schwarzenegger while they were filming that Twins movie. Also met Mike Tyson, easy to do with him living here. I've seen (but not "met") Jenna Jameson in Paradise Valley at a restaurant, but that may not count, and a bunch of the Phoenix Suns, past and present. I also live in the same neighborhood as Leandro Barbosa. =D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:30 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
I live in Southern CA so I've seen a shitload of them, interacted with a much smaller number.

There's only two stories offhand worth retelling. One was when I was working on a political campaign and there were many celebs at this rally (including Charleton Heston). I went outside and was waiting for my ride and there was a girl a bit older but not much than me waiting for her ride too. We got to talking, and this was the saddest person I'd ever met. Sad in a 'my dog just died and my boyfriend broke up with me' lonely way. I don't remember the exact words but the essence of it was we were talking she really liked me and asked if I was there with friends. I said yeah. She told me she wished she had friends. She said she didn't have any. It was one of the saddest things I've ever heard in my life, and I had no doubt it was true just because of how she said it. It wasn't emo bullshit, it was a wistful longing that tore at your soul.

Her ride pulled up, it was a limo. Her mother screamed nastily at her to get in, said some mean shit, and glared at me.

That's when I realized she was the girl who had performed at the rally. It was the singer, Tiffany.

[Some back information I didn't know at the time, and I'm not sure if it was publically known. The rally was in 1988, and she was in nasty fights apparently with her manager, mother, and stepfather over money and control. She went to court later that year to sever her parents' rights but was denied emancipation; she was sent to Grandma. Which explained a whole hell of a lot to me. I really wish I had been a huggy type person, because I think she badly needed one at that time.]

Only other story worth telling is me and three friends went to Disneyland's Captain EO (Michael Jackson's thing) opening, in which the park was open 3 days straight. We were going to try to stay at least 2 days. (We made it til like 10am the next morning and called for parents to come get us).

Me and two girlfriends were in line at the Matterhorn (the guys we were there with were somewhere else at that moment, I think they'd gone on another ride or we were meeting back up with them, was just a friend group thing). anyhoo we were singing while in line, and I'm not horrific at singing (in that you probably wouldn't run screaming from the room) but I'll never be on say American Idol. My two other friends were *really* good singers, so I wasn't shitting them up too much. There was some B-list celeb behind us (I never did place her) who was drunk and high on something, barely staying on her feet. She was offended at our singing, and started screaming, "YOU CAN'T SING, YOU'RE OUT OF TUNE, AND YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THE WORDS!" (Which became a catchphrase of ours, forever).

Anyhoo higher celebs were allowed to cut the line and we saw a group of guys around our age cutting the line, and I got really pissed off, and I'm hardly shy so I said some shit.

The guys turned around and saw us, they had brief discussion and then asked us to join them (not in a hey friendly way, but in a 'hey we're cool, you're chicks...come hither' way). The guy was the nerdiest douche I'd ever seen. He just came off as arrogant but nerdy. I laughed at him and said no. (I wasn't laughing at him because he was a nerd but rather douchy and cutting the line).

So they got on and my friends started smacking me. Turns out it was Corey Feldman. I was very much 'so the fuck what' (and so were they) but their point was, we could have gotten on all the rides for an hour or two! So silly I know.

AS far as most celebs I've seen, most are amazingly patient and nice given how invasive people are towards them in public. I've never met a celeb. I was truly ga-ga over so, that's probably why I haven't acted like a jackass towards any of them. I'm sure I'd be a_typical_annoying_fanboi if I saw someone I really liked.

I kinda feel bad because they're judged by micro moments in time. I know someone who HATES Jay Leno, because the guy was a total jerk when she ran into him. But I've heard great things about him otherwise (I've never met him), and I've told her that maybe he was having a super shitty day. She cuts him no slack, *hates* the guy.

It's like people have this entire pseudo relationship with a celeb because they feel they know them, and if they don't live up to expectations, people get weird about it I guess. But you don't know them at all.

Ah well /shrug. Like anyone else I like hearing the stories. Though so far Khan's seem most entertaining! :D

And I can TOTALLY believe Tom Selleck gets and got more pussy than any mortal man should. I doubt I could resist him. Barry Mantilow...I could resist.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:58 PM 
Do you smell that?

I used to work in a building right the fuck next to the four seasons on market st in downtown SF. I had seen several celebrities just in passing. Mariah Carey, a bunch of G.S. Warriors players, various S.F. Giants, etc.

One time though, I was downstairs for a smoke and out of the four seasons front door walks Dave Chapelle. He walks right up to me, and says what's up and asks if he could bum a smoke and a light. I said sure and we sat there and chit-chatted for a few minutes about baseball (I was wearing an oakland A's jersey) and I mentioned that I'm a fan of his show and what-not. It didn't take long for people to recognize him and it started a bit of a gaggle. I told him that it looks like its about time for you to retreat, bud. He said it looks that way and thanks for the smoke and he walked right back in.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:16 PM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

Alton Brown...

He was having a book signing where I live. Of course I didn't get to sit down and shoot the shit with him, but the small talk we had was awesome. He pretty much is the same guy you see on TV. I tried to get him to come over to my Crawfish boil I was having that weekend.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:17 PM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

::sigh:: I am older than most of you so the few celebs I have met were a long time ago. I met Glen Campbell and Tanya Tucker at a blackjack table in Vegas almost 20 years go, Danny Thomas, when I was a kid (He is from Toledo, Ohio, too), and a couple of others, over the years. But, the most memorable was just a few years ago.

It was during the Chicago EQ gathering. I wanted to "get away" from everyone and have a nice dinner. I looked up an Italian restaurant about 1/2 a mile from my hotel. I walked there, was seated and ordered a bottle of wine. I look over, and sitting by himself was Dustin Hoffman. I looked at him, he looked at me (we were one table apart, about 5 feet) and we smiled. As he ws sitting by himself, I asked if he wanted a glass of wine. He moved over to my table and we talked for about two hours, just "shooting the shit," eating and sipping on wine. He is fairly short, and he must color his hair for his movie parts as it is mostly white, in person.

Very nice fellow. I got back to the hotel and was sitting in the bar having another drink. I told some people who I had been sitting with and they all called me a liar, as "What would Dustin Hopffman be doing in Chicago?" Damed if I know, but he was. Sometimes you have the power of KNOWING what is true, and that is all it really takes. :)

Steele.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:43 PM 
I've pwned over 300 times!

What resautrant did you work in Bearne?

I got to meet Alec Baldwin and a couple other people from the movie during filming because someone (director or producer I think) was renting a house that belonged to a friend's parents in Amherst, though I was just a kid at the time. Years later I got to meet Annette Bening and Warren Beatty when they were renting the same house during the filming of "In Dreams" (it's a nice ass house :tongue: ).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:58 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Bananea
WoW: Nananea
Steeleye Landsaver wrote:
I look over, and sitting by himself was Dustin Hoffman. I looked at him, he looked at me (we were one table apart, about 5 feet) and we smiled. As he ws sitting by himself, I asked if he wanted a glass of wine. He moved over to my table and we talked for about two hours

The way you said it makes it sound like you were hitting on him and he was eating it up. Too funny!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:09 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
Last year I was having my birthday lunch at Sonny Bryan's. This restaurant is in a shopping complex across the street from The four Seasons in Las Colinas (I know not your ideal place for really good BBQ, but I go where I can get good Q). I get my lunch, begin eating and see that Eric Clapton is also enjoying a BBQ lunch at this time. (He was there with one of his security guys)

Part of me wants to run up to him, get an autograph, shake his hand, and talk to him. But I think "you don't bother a blues legend while he is eating BBQ" So I waited until he was done then walked to his table and asked if I could bother him for an autograph. He was very nice and thanked me for letting him finish his lunch. We didn't have any more interaction other than small talk but I thought it was cool.

When Metallica was on the ...And Justice For All tour I had rec'd four backstage passes (neighbor was the PD for the Magic 105 in Little Rock and got me all sorts of cool stuff. The tickets and passes were a birthday present) So we are all backstage before the show and get to meet all the guys except James. The very cold weather was affecting his throat a bit so he was seeing a doc. They allowed us to come backstage after the show to see James. Jason came out first he went around the table signing autographs and shooting the breeze. Then Kirk, more autographs and we all got a group picture with him (he is a very short guy). Larz came out and you could tell he was having a good time. The room was just buzzing when he came in. We talked about all sorts of stuff -- what they were playing, how the "new guy" was working out, and one of my buddies (who was a drummer) asked Larz to sign one of the rolls that was left over from their dinner. To that Larz asked him "are you crazy?" and my buddy said "Yeah." It was after Larz came out when they told us about James then Larz came back out and tossed my buddy a signed dinner roll. He took it home and coated it in hairspray to keep. (I hooked up with that guy this summer when we were at the funeral for the dad of a good friend of ours. He told me that he still has that roll.)

Back in 1991 King's X was playing Juanitias in Little Rock with Galatic Cowboys opening. Another friend of mine was there while they were setting up and doing soundcheck for the show. Both groups put on a great show and afterwards we were hanging around outside (we were by their bus because that was the safest place to hang in Downtown Little Rock in the early 90's) when the whole band came out and we all were talking music and whatnot. The guys were really cool. They were going to Memphis the next night and asked if we were going. We told them that we didn't have tickets and were sure it was sold out. They told us to just bang on the bus and they would get us in! We all were planning on going but the brakes went out on my Mustang the next day and I put in into a brick flowerbed.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:45 AM 
Can dish it but can't take it!
Can dish it but can't take it!

Working for the Malibu Grand Prix's in Fresno, Phoenix and in Redwood City, I've had the opportunity to meet lots of different Celebrities. Got to hang out with Pauly Shore for a while, he is really a nice guy. Chatted with The Smithereens, MC Hammer, Tom Sneva (Race Car Driver), Barry Bonds (he really is an A-Hole), a bunch of the 49ers.

When in Phoenix the Phoenix Coyotes had their practice rink right next to our shop. Keith Tchuck and Jeremy Roenick came in all the time. One day they brought in John Andretti. We set him up in our fastest car and he was within a few 10ths of breaking our course record. A few months pass and I get a package from him with a signed photo for our business and one to me. I was really impressed that he remembered my name. The hockey guys were extremly low key and friendly as well.

My favorite celebrities that most of you probably don't know by name, but have heard are two of the best musicians around. Eric Marienthal and Wayne Bergeron. Two of the most down to earth folks I've met. They have played with every big name you can think of and have played on the soundtracks of just about every movie out there it seems. Check out their websites to see what they have played on. Truly amazing.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:55 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Annastazia
WoW: Gravestone
I live in Madison, WI.

Yup... thats all I got.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:31 AM 
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage

EQ1: Miramicha - retired
WoW: Miramicha - retired
Eve Online Handle: Jake Rivers - active
Astro Empires: Miramicha - simmer
On a trip to florida around 93' we partied it up at a bar named yucatan liquor stand, one night there they had the romantics.

After they were done, I was wondering around the bar drinking beer, its a very large place, multiple levels, rooms, bars everywhere when I found a short hall with another bar at the end.

I walked past this guy, he was a bouncer, but never said anything to me, and the bar at the end was a small private type bar, and there was the band with a few gals knocking back beers.

They asked me what I wanted and just told them I was a long time fan, they invited me to join them at a table and I spent the next hour chatting to them and drinking free beer. 8)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:29 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

I was a little hesitant posting in this thread, given HIPAA rules and regulations. Being in Los Angeles and in my line of work means I run across quite a few celebs. If I mention someone's name then obviously I've never operated on them ;p Some highlights for me are:

1) I operated on the wife of someone who has won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor, was in one of my all-time favorite movies, and had a recent role on one of my all-time favorite cable shows. Both of them (husband and wife) were extremely gracious and kind.
2) I operated on the wife of someone who has been nominated for the Academy Awards and Emmys and was in The Godfather.
3) I did a breast augmentation on a woman for the sole purpose of being a Victoria's Secret model......and who is now a Victoria Secret's model.
4) I did a breast augmentation on a woman who became Playboy Playmate of the Month and does video work for them.
5) I have done Adam Corolla's radio show. The thing that suprised me the most is how tall he is in RL. He also is probably the funniest guy I've ever met.
6) I have operated on a whole slew of women from a certain adult production company (not Vivid). I have been invited to the AVN awards show as a guest for the past 2 years.
7) I have had dinner with a few presidents. My father was the president of one of the larger PACs in California and have been invited for dinner with Reagan, Bush Sr, and Clinton. Reagan was the most charismatic of the bunch, and seemed the most genuine. Bush Sr was the most reserved. Clinton was very friendly, Hillary even more so, but it seemed a little fake at times.
8) My best friend from medical school went to Stanford University for her residency, and there she became very good friends with a gal who eventually became the wife of David Filo, one of the founders of Yahoo. My friend was a bridesmaid at their wedding. A few times when I have gone up to visit, we have all had dinner together at their home. For as much money as they have.....they actually live kind of modestly.
9) Some of you may know that I play poker, I used to play semi-professionally, ie it was my primary source of income ;p. This means I have run into almost all the pro players ( Negraenu, Jesus Ferguson, Brunson, etc.). Before he moved to Vegas, Phil Ivey used to be a regular at the 300-600 mixed game at Commerce, so I've played a bunch with him as well. I also play in some of the big money private games here in Los Angeles, some celebs, some pros. People like Jerry Buss, Tobey Maguire, and Don Cheadle. In fact, Tobey might have the biggest game in LA now (it used to be Buss). Xkhanx mentioned Tom Selleck getting a lot of action.....well, for my money it's Jerry Buss. Everytime I see that guy, he's with at least 2 different 20-somethings......and I used to see him every week.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:45 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Khameir
WoW: Khameir
Rift: Khameir
EQ2: Khameir
LoL: Khameir
SWOR: Khameir
Both Solanthious and I grew up in this little town 30 miles east of Seattle called North Bend. Several films and television shows have been filmed out in that general area, however a few of them Sola and I are connected to. Growing up we lived at a placed called the Mount Si Motel, our Mom was basically the Manager for a number of years. During our time there a few films/tv shows did some filming at the motel.

1. The major one was the Twin Peaks movie 'Fire Walk with Me'. The motel had a fake sign (The Red Diamond Motel) for the movie. If you know anything about the movie, Laura and Ronette are seen in lingerie in Room 6. Room 6 is also the room where Teresa was murdered. We got to meet most of the cast/crew...but the best was meeting David Lynch. That meeting (which occured when I was 11 or 12) turned me onto his work.

2. The Jeff Bridges/Kiefer Sutherland movie 'The Vanishing' had a few scenes filmed at the motel (this time in Room 7). Sola and I met both Bridges and Sutherland on the first day of shooting those scenes.

3. The last thing filmed there that I can remember was an episode of Northern Exposure which never aired due to the show's cancellation. We met a few of the cast members and our Huskey (Nikita) was used in the scene filmed.

Other then that, living in the Greater Seattle area and having been involved in the local music scene I met quite a few local bands.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:16 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

EQ1: Aaramis, Aerendil
EQ2: Aaramis, Telomir
SWOR: Aaramis
Walked into a music store in St. Catharines (Ontario) called Ostanek's in the late 80s (I was in my early teens) to check out some drum kits.

Spotted a guy chatting with the owner, who then proceeds to sit down at the drums and test it out.
Took me all of about 3 seconds into his drum solo to realize who he was.
Neil Peart is fairly unique, after all.

Ended up doing some smalltalk with him, but at that age I'm sure I came off as a complete half-wit, who couldn't bring anything to the conversation other than "dude, you're a drumming god". I do recall him being very friendly and chatty though, and seemed like a very down to earth individual (and very intelligent as well).

Umm, yeah. That's about it for celebrity experiences, really. Welcome to Canada. All of our celebrities go to the States :p

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:45 PM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

Met Lajon Weatherspoon and Sevendust at a strip club in one night after a concert they had. We were having a good time, they were funny guys, when (and this is really the funny part) the stripper walks in, and it was a girl I had a crush on in High School. Lajon asked me if it was awkward and I said "Hell no. I tried seeing that for four years. I'm not turning it down now." She blushed, but the rest of the night was fun just spent sitting around BSing and drinking.

Got to shake Tommy Lee's hand at a Crue concert in Cincinatti. Only a brief thing, nothing major, just a quick greeting, and then he was off. He was handing out bottles of Jager and my cousin at the end of the row happened to land one.

The best time was after Pantera and Sepultura played, my cousin decided to take me to a local club. We were sitting at the bar, in our concert shirts, when a guy came up and patted my cousin on the shoulder and bought us each a drink. It was Dimebag. The shots were free, he was cool about it and told us he wanted to thank us for supporting them and letting them do what they loved for a living.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:27 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Brambler,

It was the North Star Seafood Restaurant. It closed in 95, I think, and 1/2 got turned into a clothing shop and the other half into a club.

It was on West St, up by Smith College, across from the public library.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:32 AM 
Spider Slayer

I never met any celebs. I saw Jodie Sweetin from Full House but didn't want to wait in line. As I recall it was some type of state fair inside the Delta Center in SLC, Utah.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:58 PM 

Neat thread.

All of you that didn't mention where you live must be on the west coast. I've lived on the east coast all my life, and I've never seen a celebrity that wasn't on the other side of a screen.

Rhode Island does seem to be a more popular filming location nowadays, though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:04 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
Bout the only things I can think of:

Sat 2 seats down from Gwen Stefani and No Doubt coming back from Canada

Hung out with Walter Payton of the Bears and his kid one afternoon.
Sat and chatted with Mike Singletary and his wife during a garage sale of all things.

Oh, met Ed Oneil at the restaurant I bussed tables for in highschool.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:45 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

President and Mrs Bush
Condoleezza rice
Stephen Hadley (current NSC chief)

But the most important one of all....Bruce Campbell.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:40 PM 

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
Mentioning Singletary reminded me that my dad and a few of his buddies used to be in the same golf circle as Dan Hampton. I used to see him so much that it didn't really register as a celebrity. However I have never seen anyone throw a putter as far as Dan did once out at Foxwood CC - from the green to about the 150 yard marker on the next hole!

I have played golf with John Daly and Sean "The Beast" Fister (have you ever seen someone hit a 400+ yard drive from the tee-box?).

I have mentioned this before, I worked for Mike Huckabee's Lt. Governor Campaign and he was the official for my marriage. I have met Bill and Hillary Clinton many times - he is smooth and she is a phony. I have met Haley Barbour and Newt Gingrich.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:09 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Nothing really noteworthy other than meeting Will Smith when he was just half of DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince. Something sort of cool did happen to me once, but with someone a little less famous. When I was a Freshman in HS in 1985, went to a concert with a couple of friends. The opening act was Simple Minds. We got to the arena during sound check and found our seats. We were sitting for a while, when both my buddies decided to go check out the souvenir tables. While I was sitting there watching roadies tap mics and strum guitars, a guy sat next to me and started talking to me. I could barely understand him and asked him what part of Scotland he was from. He told me near Glasgow, so I kept asking him about it just to hear him talk. We shot the shit for about 20 mins, then my friends showed up as the guy was walking toward the stage. They asked me if I knew who had been sitting next to me, and I just shrugged and said 'some scottish dude.' One of them laughed and told me it was Jim Kerr...lead singer of Simple Minds. I hadn't seen Breakfast Club yet, so I didn't really know who Simple Minds were, anyway. I've gone over the conversation in my head for years now trying to figure out if he could tell if I didn't know who he was, or was cool enough to not bug him about it... I did notice him kissing a woman close to the stage, who turned out to be Chrissie Hynde, who looked kinda pregnant at the time.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:53 PM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

Myrtle Daturtle wrote:
Neat thread.

All of you that didn't mention where you live must be on the west coast. I've lived on the east coast all my life, and I've never seen a celebrity that wasn't on the other side of a screen.

Rhode Island does seem to be a more popular filming location nowadays, though.

Actually, I live in Ohio. I met my celebs in Ft. Wayne or Cincinatti (For Tommy Lee). And, I guess if you count it I met the band Dope at a bar in Lima Ohio. Payed for their concert there and they hung out and chilled with everyone for a couple hours after the show.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:18 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Die Motherfucker Die is the best song ever.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:35 PM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

Givin Wetwillies wrote:
Die Motherfucker Die is the best song ever.

Nah, not big on that one. I prefer Survive from their newer stuff and Take your best shot from earlier stuff.

Edsel was a decent guy, Virus was cooler though. Still, they put on a hell of a show.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:52 PM 
Bridge Dweller

I can't believe you like those bands and songs. Lol.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:30 PM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

xskycrasherx wrote:

I probably wouldn't be able to stomach whatever you listen to either. I listen to a little of everything though, to be honest. Except new country. Anything like Toby Kieth I want to strangle with its own intestine. Old country like Conway Twitty is good though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:51 PM 

Quote:

I like it in the same way you like that terrible warrior spec I guess.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:07 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Any advice on how to improve it?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:32 PM 

No improved thunderclap is fail.
Unbridled Wrath is garbage.
Improved Bloodrage = Shield Slam to open a fight with.
Improved Taunt is a waste.

Your enchants suck or are non existant.
No armor kits or patches.

And for fucks sakes, you are wearing some of the best, not to mention easiest to acquire tanking legs in the game. Gem them like they fucking deserve.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:44 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Thanks, gimme a few days and I'll see what I can do! =)

Appreciate the help.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 1:29 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

I fucked a contortionist from the local circus once, does that count?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:09 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Draagun Dwarvepunter
WoW: Draagun
I once shit out an Ashlee Simpson. It was the ugly version though, so I flushed it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:57 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Quote:
Your enchants suck or are non existant.
No armor kits or patches.

And for fucks sakes, you are wearing some of the best, not to mention easiest to acquire tanking legs in the game. Gem them like they fucking deserve.

Didn't I tell you the same basic thing about a month ago? Slacker.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:20 AM 

Not me, no.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:17 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

I was directing that at Skycrasher, sorry.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:49 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Yeah, probably. Ha. I hardly play to be honest with you. I'm workin' on GTA: IV and Zelda: TP again.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 PM 
What? Another Expansion?!
What? Another Expansion?!

Ive met Evel Knievel on several occasions. I live in Butte, MT which is Evel's hometown so he would be around a couple times a year. Not sure what the rest of the world thinks of him, but he is regarded pretty much as a egotistic ass around here. No one that I've talked to that met him on a personal basis away from camera's, especially if he was drinking, ever came away with a good opinion. His son Robby is worse then Evel from what i hear.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:45 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

Living in Ottawa it was usually politicians, nothing too special.

The only one that really meant anything to me was Bob Gainey. He was playing an amateur baseball(!) game in my hometown and I got his autograph when I was 4. Some dude took a photo and it made the front page of the local paper.

If you're not into hockey, especially the habs, I'm pretty sure that meant nothing to you.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:26 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

EQ1: Syuni D'zpecyzczn
I slept with the girl in Hanson.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:35 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Syuni D'zpecyzczn wrote:
I slept with the girl in Hanson.

I thought they were both girls?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:13 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

EQ1: Syuni D'zpecyzczn

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:42 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
LoL: ScrubLeague
ive seen that episode of family guy

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:14 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Tranthas
WoW: Niali
"Oh God! I have magazines! Oh... Oh God!"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:04 PM 
Selling FBR First Torch!
Selling FBR First Torch!

Larreth wrote:
Bout the only things I can think of:

Sat 2 seats down from Gwen Stefani and No Doubt coming back from Canada

Hung out with Walter Payton of the Bears and his kid one afternoon.
Sat and chatted with Mike Singletary and his wife during a garage sale of all things.

Oh, met Ed Oneil at the restaurant I bussed tables for in highschool.

I am SO damned jealous.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:12 AM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

I'm vacationing in China right now, and a couple days ago I went up to the Great Wall... and riding the gondola behind mine was Orhan Pamuk, the 2006 Literature Nobel Prize winner. I didn't actually get to talk to him, but I took some photos of "the Great Wall" (that happen to feature him :D). Other than that, though, I haven't really met any really famous people.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:36 PM 
Troller in Training
Troller in Training

My mom stood right behind John Voight at an airport burger king.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:07 AM 

I usually try to avoid celebrities just because they cause crowds and I hate going into crowds. On mothers day one year I had to go to the nearest mall to get a card for my wife. A friend joined me. Now we knew that Arnold was there and they were making a movie, so we called a few people and found out where the filming was going on. The mall was the Mall of America so there is plenty of room to avoid things.

We , my friend John and I, went to the opposite side of the mall from the filming to a Hallmark store. Literally 30 seconds after we walked in Arnold walks in and they shut the store down so he can shop in peace. They didn't move people out of the store first though. Now I could give you the David Letterman rest of the story, but instead I'll tell the truth. I found a card, nodded at Arnold and his Security people as I walked past, and had to push my way past a throng of people to get out.

That was plenty of celebrity bs for me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:32 PM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Cool thread, was fun reading. I'm most jealous of the Chappelle story.

I saw Marshall Faulk in a strip club outside Saint Louis once. Made sure to be at the bar buying a drink the same time he was and chatted with him briefly, never acknowledging I knew who he was. He bought my sister a drink too, I think he was trying to holler, but she was with her husband. He then disappeared into the back with a stripper and I didn't see him again the rest of the night.

Offline Profile