It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:29 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:21 AM 
Rabid Ranger

Okay I have to say Keifer Sutherland as the voice of Raistlin was AWESOME!!!! He really pulled off the attitude of the great mage.

This movie is good for people who have not read the books. For the people who have it leaves a little to desire. There are some places I wish they could have added more. Riverwind and his fear of the ruined city. The trek down to the dragon Onyx. Also they introduced Kitiara at the end of the movie for the second one. She was never truly introduced until the second book. In the first book they addressed her by Blue Dragon Highlord, if my memory serves me correct. So for me as a die hard Dragonlance Fan. I liked the movie and the people they got to do the voices is awesome, but there could have been more.

It looked kinda rushed on the animation part. With today's technology I would think they could have done better.

For the most part they hold true to book set, but like I said parts are missing that I think should have been in there. They did get the brothers right, Fizban is the wierd wizard, Raistlin and Bupu was true to the core, Riverwind and Goldmoon with the forbidden love, Tanis and his past, Tass and his ever enduring Kender urges, and of course Flint with his hatred of horses and boats!!!!

I would say 3 out of 5 stars, just due to me being such a long time fan. The voices of Tanis, Raistlin, Caramon, Tasslehoff, Flint and the rest are awesome. Glad they found good actor's to do them.

Anyone else seen it yet?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:16 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
Didn't even hear it was coming out. Where might I find it? Always hoped they'd make a movie out of that trilogy. Read them soooo many times lol. Shame they went and ruined it all 4 books later.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:36 AM 
Can dish it but can't take it!
Can dish it but can't take it!

I had completely forgotten about this movie!

As soon as football is over, because we'll never leave the house during a weekend again during the playoffs, I intend to see it. But I don't think I'll re-read the books first. It's been years since I've read them; long enough that I have just vague impressions of the plot and charaters.....not enough to be offended or hurt by the hacking and slashing of the original story.

Thanks ever so much for the reminder!

~mirr.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:38 AM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
straight to dvd ftl.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:19 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

EQ1: Sarissa Candyangel
WoW: Sarix
The animation looks like Heavy Metal. Not that it's a good thing.

Sarissa Candyangel

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:33 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
Yeah I went and read a bunch of reviews on it and folks were saying the animation was this 2d crap that was worse than old saturday morning toons, but also that the draconians and dragons were CG rendered in 3d.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:58 PM 
What does this button do?
What does this button do?

Are Gnomes and Mt. Nevermind in it? :D

They really needed to put Gnomeflingers in Ak'Anon.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:09 PM 
Rabid Ranger

Yea the animation besides the Draconians is pretty much old school from like the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon era. Maybe worse, but it went straight to DVD and can be found at Target, Best Buy and Wally World.

I was very upset at the ending and will prolly get the whole trilogy once it is out, but so far they pretty much stuck to the story line and skipped all of the traveling parts. It just shows them walking through different area's. The could have done the meeting in Qualinesti (sp) better I think and also Darken Wood was too short along with the Ruins where they run into Onyx.

But hey let me know what you all think once you see it. Would love to hear from other old school gamers what they think.....

Offline Profile