It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:34 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rant: Thieves
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:37 AM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

So I walk out to my truck to warm it up and I notice my passenger side door was unlocked. As I get closer I notice that my driver's side door was unlocked as well. When I get next to my truck, the first thing I look at is the dashboard and lo and behold...my cd player is gone and everything that was in my glovebox is on the floor.<
>
<
>
The fuckers also felt it necessary to not smash 1, but 2 of the rear windows. And of course, it's fucking raining. What a way to start the week. <
>
<i></i>

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Rant: Thieves
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:10 AM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

Man, that sucks. I remember once when I first had my child my car was
oken into and it was during the winter. The rear quarter panel window was smashed and I couldn't find one for a long time... I taped it up and stuff but it wasn't the same as a glass window. =( <
>
<
>
Sorry man, there's some real pieces of trash in the world. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:14 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Sorry ,this happened to you Kuervoh, same thing happened to my son a few years ago around this time of year. The cop that handled my son's complaint said that the low lifes were doing their Christmas shopping. I think he was trying to be funny about it but hell it wouldn't surprize me one bit if it wasn't true.<
>
<
>
Hopefully your insurance will cover the damages but it is a hell of a thing when to have happen to someone. <
>
<
>
<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:29 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Draagun Dwarvepunter
WoW: Draagun
My neighbors had their car parked on the street. Its like a 90 toyota. One morning I come home from work and they had the rear window busted out the driver window busted out and the windshield looked like somebody took a bat to it.<
>
<
>
It really upset me... My neighbors are sweet, nice helpful people. The mother is like 90 something and the guy is pushing 70. What a shitty thing to do to people on a fixed income who never mess with anybody.<
>
<
>
People make me sick sometimes. Draagun Dwarvepunter<
>
Retired Necromancer<
>
<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:51 AM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

I live in naples italy, crime like that is huge here, what i do is don't keep anything valuable in my truck, and keep the doors unlocked(god knows where you get windows for a s-10 here). I've had people go through my truck 2 times in my 2 years here, both within 2 weeks, my landlord is connected i think, i guess who isn't in the area i live, and the first time everything from my glove box was stacked neatly on the seat, 2nd time everything was stacked neatly and there was a 200 liter book of gas coupons there, that weren't mine. Seems like someone had to make good on the
eakin the first time. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:48 PM 
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage

Just be thankful you don't live in Surrey, BC, where the police have been using Bait Cars to try and deal with the dubious honour of having the highest rate of car theft per capita in North America.<
>
<
>
In other news, where I come from on the East Coast, you could probably leave a $100 bill on your front lawn and someone would walk by and
ing it to your door for you.<
>
<
>
--Dar <
>DARWINAIN: E1V1M1 Since June 2003<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:11 AM 
Troller in Training
Troller in Training

You must be from NS or Newfoundland or something Dar, here in Toronto if you left $100 on your front lawn people would take it and then come to the door to mug you for more.<
>
<
>
Im from the Vancouver area myself, I miss it.<
>
My car was
oken into once out there in Abbotsford, they punched out the locks, tried to take the stereo, left it on the floor, but took my organizer which was locked with an 8 digit passcode anyhow.<
>
<
>
So Why do all the trees in Delta lean towards Surrey?<
>
<
>
<
>
Cuz surry sucks!<
>
<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:56 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Sucks man I had it happen to me a couple years ago.<
>
<
>
I just LOVE music and LOVE having a good system, but I won't put one in now. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:45 AM 
Bored Guru
Bored Guru

EQ1: Worthy
WoW: Worthy
I was thinking of getting a CD player for my Voyager minivan, but, you have convinced me to stick with my factory installed FM radio.<
>
<
>
<
>
My Crappy Gear on Magelo <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:18 PM 
Everquest Rocks!
Everquest Rocks!

I bet if we started hanging thieves we wouldn't have this problem. The world is over populated anyways, might as well get rid of the bad apples. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:22 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

if you can't garage your car at night, get a removable In Dash Unit or Faceplate. Pretty simple.<
>
<
>
<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:16 PM 
Everquest Rocks!
Everquest Rocks!

In High School I had a removeable face head unit and it was stolen anyway.... they
oke the shit out of my dash... looked like they took a crowbar to it. I lived in an upper class neighborhood and it made me wonder if was kids doing it so they wouldn't have to steal cash from Mom and Dad for drugs, which is doubly sad. <
>
<
>
My friend's sister was a hardcore junkie at the time (parents totally clueless). She has since turned herself around but I wondered at the time if it was her drug buddies and she tipped them off. (It was
oken into outside of my friend's house on the street).<
>
<
>
Since then I haven't bothered putting any kind of system in my cars. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:19 PM 
Troller in Training
Troller in Training

Had my car
oken into on friday night here in Victoria. The
eak in looked like it was on a timer: they started trying to punch out the lock on the passenger side door, failed, then sucessfully punched out the lock on the drivers side. They rifled through all the papers in the car (including insurance and the like) but only made away with loose change. It's such a fucking pain in the ass, and inconvenicence having the get all the locks etc replaced after only loosing about 3 dollars in dimes.<
>
<
>
And yes, they attemped to take out the radio, but either failed, or stopped trying for some reason.<
>
<
>
Bitches. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:28 PM 
Troller in Training
Troller in Training

Oh and forgot to mention I went through a police road check on the way home after the
eak in and I had a cop turn and say to me, "Welcome to Victoria." as he waved me through. The second cop took out his flashlight and investigated the damage and gave me the information i needed to get my case number rolling for the insurance. I was in shock having a cop laugh at something, although very minor, is still outside of a normal police check.<
>
<
>
There's really not to much that can be done about it until it really becomes an epidemic. And honestly, at least here it's verging on an epidemic.<
>
<
>
Has there been a noticible jump in other areas over the past few years? <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:48 PM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

My car was
oken in to in our apartment complex parking lot, not 20 feet from our bedroom window.<
>
<
>
What was strange was they slim-jim'd the drivers side and
oke the door lock, but the hatchback was unlocked. They stole motor oil, jumper cables, a folding camp chair, my Carhartt jacket, some loose tools, and tried to steal my son's toddler seat but couldn't get it out of the car. All total, it was about what my deductible was.<
>
<
>
What pissed me off is that the stuff they stole was misc. shit of no real monitary value. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:31 AM 
Lois Lane!

My
other's car was stolen about two months ago...from his driveway. He said luckily he didn't have anything of real value in there...he had a couple of sentimental things in there (old baseball gloves, for example), but the stereo was crap and there weren't any CDs or anything inside. <
>
<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:16 AM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

I think it's time to clean out my car.... Nothing of *real* value inside, don't have a cd player or anything. But I do have a big box of books I keep putting off
inging into the apartment because it's too heavy for me and some odds and ends from a halloween costume. I would have thought those things would be safe considering they aren't worth anything but now I see it doesn't matter... thanks for the lesson :P <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:46 PM 
I've pwned over 300 times!
I've pwned over 300 times!

Had my IPOD stolen 2 weeks after I got it from my school...which happens to be one of the richest in the country. I swear to god, there are more cleptomaniacs out there than you'd think, because no one needs the money here and yet we have a ridiculously huge theft problem. <i></i>

Offline Profile