It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:22 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:28 AM 
I've pwned over 300 times!
I've pwned over 300 times!

I say fuck em. At least someone has some common sense to kick this shit out of the schools. <
>
<
>
Quote:<
>
URGENT<
>
Federal judge in Pennsylvania rules ’intelligent design’ can’t be taught in schools<
>
Eds: ADDS detail; recasts.<
>
AP Photo GAMAR601<
>
By MARTHA RAFFAELE<
>
Associated Press Writer<
>
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — “Intelligent design� cannot be mentioned in biology classes in a Pennsylvania public school district, a federal judge said Tuesday, ruling in one of the biggest courtroom clashes on evolution since the 1925 Scopes trial.<
>
Dover Area School Board members violated the Constitution when they ordered that its biology curriculum must include the notion that life on Earth was produced by an unidentified intelligent cause, U.S. District Judge John E. Jones III said. Several members repeatedly lied to cover their motives even while professing religious beliefs, he said.<
>
The school board policy, adopted in October 2004, was believed to have been the first of its kind in the nation.<
>
“The citizens of the Dover area were poorly served by the members of the Board who voted for the ID Policy,� Jones wrote.<
>
The board’s attorneys had said members were seeking to improve science education by exposing students to alternatives to Charles Darwin’s theory of natural selection. Intelligent-design proponents argue that it cannot fully explain the existence of complex life forms.<
>
The plaintiffs challenging the policy argued that intelligent design amounts to a secular repackaging of creationism, which the courts have already ruled cannot be taught in public schools.<
>
The Dover policy required students to hear a statement about intelligent design before ninth-grade biology lessons on evolution. The statement said Charles Darwin’s theory is “not a fact,� has inexplicable “gaps,� and refers students to an intelligent-design textbook, “Of Pandas and People,� for more information.<
>
Jones said advocates of intelligent design “have bona fide and deeply held beliefs which drive their scholarly endeavors� and that he didn’t believe the concept shouldn’t be studied and discussed.<
>
But, he wrote, “our conclusion today is that it is unconstitutional to teach ID as an alternative to evolution in a public school science classroom.�<
>
The controversy also divided the community and galvanized voters to oust eight incumbent school board members who supported the policy in the Nov. 8 school board election.<
>
<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:17 AM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

Thats pure bullshit!<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
Dumbass judge, everyone knows the flying spaghetti monster is real and thus should be taught in school.<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
Help save the pirates and end global warming!<
>
<
>
Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster <
>
Hunter Miramicha Aeternitas - EverQuest Lanys T'vyl -Retired<
>
<
>
Miramicha<
>
Undead Mage Blackhand<
>
WARFARE<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:21 AM 
Queen of the Lemmings

I call BS on your flying spagetti monster.<
>
<
>
WHERE IS YOUR PROOFS!!!!!1111 <
>
Rosetta's WoW Profile Rosebud's WoW Profile<
>
Coin and Cleavage<
>
"My Give a damns busted" - Jo Dee<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:49 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Here's the ID'ers crying:<
>
<
>
http://www.discovery.org/scripts...coMainPage<
>
<
>

<
>
Keep my head from exploding?... You can help!
<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:55 PM 
Selling FBR First Torch!
Selling FBR First Torch!

I love the debates on the networks about this. The pro-ID guys spout talking points and talk over the other person. The anchor never interrupts them... acceptance of religion is dangerous. All of a sudden it's ok to spout bullshit without proving it, and your views must be "respected". <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:27 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

Ive been to 2 ID debates recently. Ive started calling the ID people euglenaphiles. They're obssesed with the molecular "motors" euglenas use to propel themselves. Im thinking of making a hat to market to them that has a <
>
rotating whiplike tale on the top. <
>
<
>
also:<
>
<
>
http://www.ucomics.com/tomthedan...005/12/10/<
>
<
>
<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:47 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Quote:The Dover decision is an attempt by an activist federal judge to stop the spread of a scientific idea and even to prevent criticism of Darwinian evolution through government-imposed censorship rather than open debate, and it won't work," said Dr. John West, Associate Director of the Center for Science and Culture at Discovery Institute, the nation's leading think tank researching the scientific theory known as intelligent design.<
>
<
>
What cracks me up the most is this paragraph. this is from the Link that Tarot provided. The article is presented in a 'news release' fashion, but it comes from them, themselves.<
>
<
>
I think I'll finally open up http://www.Dukeofnuke.com, and post something like 'I feel it's time for me to step and and do my part in the electoral process. I plan on running for president in one state, and one state only. The State of Florida. The past 2 elections have shown that a margin of mere thousands of votes in this state can affect an election. Thus, I will run for president, design my campaign to effectively steal those votes from whichever party I do not favor, and become the sole determiner of who becomes president in 2008', Said Dr. Duke Of Nuke, President of the DukeOfNuke Electoral Influence Organization, the nations leading organization of intellectual supermen impressed with the mission to singularly affect the electoral process and thus determine the flow of the countries democratic decisions."<
>
<
>
I just love it when an organization uses these tactics to make it sound so third person when really all it is is first person self delusional grandstanding.<
>
<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:44 PM 
What? Another Expansion?!
What? Another Expansion?!

Intelligent Design is to Biology what Astrology is to Astrophysics.<
>
<
>
ID cannot be proved. There's no way to measure it or test it. It basically relies on claims that 4 BILLION (that's Billion with a B) years isn't enough time for lifeforms to evolve into such complex forms. Since they BELIEVE it's not possible (they can't actually prove this) they claim it's proof that God (henceforth called "a higher form of Intelligence") must exist.<
>
<
>
Heck, I could claim that 14 billion years isn't enough time (in my opinion) for complex objects like Quasars to form, and therefore the existance of such objects proves that my cat created the universe (he's one EVIl pussy). Doesn't mean I expect this to be presented as an alternative to the physical laws in next years' Astrophysics classes.<
>
<
>
Sebekiz Spiritbinder,<
>
Iksar Prophet of Cazic-Thule,<
>
<
>
The people that get me killed almost every night<
>
<
>
Future Squadleader of Tai's Elite Zerker Marines!<
>
<
>
Gimpzilla still flees from the vicious Orc Pawns!<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:59 PM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

I think they should allow the ID argument in schools, but instead of implying that "god" did it, say that it was aliens. Like in Stargate... <
>
<
>
Hehe. By the way, I'm an atheist... and a conservative. Imagine that.<
>
<i></i>

Offline Profile