Post subject: VMA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:21 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
I had no idea that MTV had done their Video Music Awards until my wife asked me if I saw the Brittney clip

Who is more sad MTV for needing her, or her needing MTV?

I love the "What the hell was that?" looks that the crowd gives all through her act.

Hopefully we can finally put the last nail in her being a star coffin

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: VMA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:23 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Draconi
WoW: Dalanthas
Rift: Dalanthas
EQ2: Daranthas
they had to dial 911 and call for a WAHHHHAMBULANCE for Kayne West again

I DON"T win no awards AGAIN

this made me giggle

Draconi

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:42 AM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
Tommy Lee and Kid Rock got into a fight, then jokes were made about it. :lol:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:44 AM 
Bridge Dweller

She's still pretty hot, albeit overweight. She could lose about 20lbs and look a lot better. Still sexy though.

It's too bad she's crazy, but that craziness kind of makes me think a regular guy like me could probably fuck her if I wanted to. Ha.

Terrible performance, I don't understand why people lip sync. If your vocals are so overproduced that you can't perform them live, then don't do it. She looked nervous and unsure, which is fine because the whole world knows she's fucked up. :?

As for Kanye... who cares. He crashed the MTV Europe awards I read, he's a good artist and I dig some of his jams, but his ego is overboard.

MTV isn't relevant anymore. When they had the monopoly on talent, the music industry, and spreading the word, they mattered. In this day and age, who gives a shit about them?

PS: Fuck Tommy Lee & Kid Rock. White trash fucks.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:48 AM 
Bridge Dweller

PS: Sarah Silverman is a winner. Haha. She's hot as fuck AND funny. You go girl! :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:06 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
I'll agree with you that she's funny.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:15 PM 
Do you smell that?

The cute girl being vulgar thing is getting old.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:29 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Khameir
WoW: Khameir
Rift: Khameir
EQ2: Khameir
LoL: Khameir
SWOR: Khameir
Yeah, Sarah Silverman may be cute but the foul mouth isn't.

Anyway, I have to agree with xskycrasherx that MTV is about as worthless as tits on a wall these days. MTV has only catered to a very specific demographic (Women ages 12 to 25) for over a decade now...in fact, ever since TRL started and they stopped actually playing a whole music video (instead they'd have retarded people give "Shout Outs" to their friends or whatever). I can say with 100% honestly I haven't watched MTV for more then maybe 5 minutes in about 5-6 years. I still have trouble trying to comprehend how they can have "Video Music Awards" when they rarely actually play "Music Videos".

As for Brittany 'My Cootch is loose' Spears, she needs to unhook the propanes tanks from her trailer and move along. It's bad enough that she's completely insane and that I actually want her ex to get custody of their kids, but a comeback? Please....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:25 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

lol, people watched that?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:32 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
The Britney sedated lip sync dance made it worthwhile.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:35 PM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

EQ1: Qindyin
WoW: Tgurok
MTV VMA is basically watching people beat off watching themselves beat off.

Sarah Silverman is hot, but she could be less annoying anymore, I'm kind of over the overly vulgar gal thing.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:17 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
From The Superficial [regarding Spears train wreck]:

Quote:
Supposedly Criss Angel was consulted about adding magic to the performance. What magic was that? The off-rhythm dancing? The fishnet stockings whose strength suggest a Kryptonian origin? Or maybe it was dark magic that struck fear into those who looked too closely. Christ, 50 Cent has been shot nine times and was scared shitless sitting in the front row. He’s probably been up all night, clutching his blanket in fear that the Jiggly Girl will sloppily dance out of the closet at any second. God knows I was. I kept a Big Mac on my nightstand so I could distract her with it and make my getaway.

:lol:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:32 AM 
Lois Lane!

I'm not a Sarah Silverman fan. She's just not that funny.

"Look at me! I can say dirty words!"

I probably laugh one out of 25 jokes. Her tv show is a snoozefest.

Brittney is crazy and she still has a bit of belly-pooch, yes...but lose 20 lbs? That's quite a bit. She just needs to tone up some.

VMAs are boring. MTV is boring.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:55 AM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

Her weight is fine, it's the outfits she tries to wear that make her look the way she does.

Skycrasher is just picky :p

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:30 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Draagun Dwarvepunter
WoW: Draagun
her body is just doing what a normal womans body does - the US just isn't ready to deal with it =) (insert obsession with youth and beauty rant here)

and yeah MTV sucks. (the internet also sucks for not having the MadTV skit with the rapper and the TRL kids)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:52 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

I personally feel bad for Britney Spears and in the clip I saw didn't think she looked bad at all. I'm not nearly as critical as the MSM, because I'm always sure to remember how imperfect I am.

Sarah Silverman is hot, but not funny often enough to be called funny.

MTV is complete trash, and has been for a long time now.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:37 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

I thought she looked great for having two kids, but the performance was shitty.

Maybe she should try changing her image to one with more clothes on and maybe a different style of music. Though I don't think she can sing, so that probably won't work either.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:11 AM 
Lois Lane!

I don't think she's bad at all...but if you wear clothing like that, you should be in perfect shape. Otherwise people are gonna say something. :p

As for having two kids, I agree - I'd give my left foot to look that way after having one. Not all of us can afford personal trainers, though ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:23 AM 
Bridge Dweller

That's exactly what I'm saying. She used to be a "sex symbol" -- now if she wants to do that again, she better not have back fat and a tummy pouch and fat legs. 20lbs would make her look like she used to, imo. She's hot still, but she could be hotter.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:20 PM 
WoW Guru
WoW Guru

The best part was when Justin Timberlake won Male artist of the year and challenged MTV to "Play more damn video's and not put us through this reality TV bullshit."....when the girls that gave him the award were the 3 stars from "The Hills"

And holy shit, it was all worth it to see Dr. Dre, and Chris Brown's small tribute to MJ with Billy Jean.

There actually were very few decent spots on it though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:52 PM 

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
I was not commenting about her body shape. I was commenting on her crappy performance and how everyone was "WTF?"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:41 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

EQ1: Cicely
I really want to jump on the whole "Sarah Silverman is hot and funny" bandwagon. Unfortunately, I just am not a participant of that one. I don't find her that attractive (she is not ugly, but I definitely would not use such words as hot, cute, attractive, sexy, etc. to describe her), and I never really once thought she was funny. Yes, one joke out of 20 I can crack a smile at... but then again, I can do 1 joke out of 20 and get a reaction from an audience. And I am far from comedic, regardless of how lame some of my posts have been :D

Britney is attractive, especially for a woman who has given birth to two kids. However, as several have already mentioned, she cannot go on stage dressed up like that with her body the way it looks. Average American Susie Q can pull that off at the beach or walking the dogs, yes... mega worldwide superstar pop singer needs to be a bit more physically fit.

MTV stopped mattering when the Real World started. Actually, lemme rephrase- the first Real World was relevant and important and was a critical success. It definitely was something completely different for its time, and it was poignant and powering and quite interesting. However, three things happened to the Real World that became the downfall of MTV:

1. It started to become lame, and nothing more than a soap opera. No longer was it a microcosm of American (or at least trying its hardest to represent a portion of America); rather, it was just a bunch of attractive 20-somethings looking to get drunk and laid every night.

2. It started to continue on for too many campaigns. Just like many TV shows, which should have ended 2-4 years before its eventual demise... the Real World has more than worn out its welcome. It has become your average television show that very few look forward to every new season. It was interesting when it first started, and some of the seasons were extremely moving and contained quality programming, but is now has gone on for too long.

3. MTV realized that the Real World was a hit, which it was. However, instead of making it just a one time affair, it felt that a lot of its TV programming should be reality TV. They, in a way, started this whole reality TV genre and (unfortunately) have continued onward with it. It is fine once in awhile, but it would be nice for them to just release a channel called RTV (Reality Television) and move all of its programming to that channel. Then they would not need to have a MTV2, MTV2.5, MTV8.9 and crap.... one channel for videos, one for television. Let the viewer choose what they want.

Hell, I watch MTV2 more than I do MTV if I ever get an inkling to watch a video. Or, I turn on VH1... although they have become just as bad. Although Pumpkin spitting at New York still ranks as one of the funniest things I have ever seen between two trash individuals....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:23 AM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

I'm more prone to sit there with music choice stations on that do nothing but play music and send blurbs of info across the screen then I am to do the same with MTV.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:51 AM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

So, is the Wii worth buying?

I agree with Hara, though MHD has some music on it sometimes, so sometimes I'll put it on that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:43 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Khameir
WoW: Khameir
Rift: Khameir
EQ2: Khameir
LoL: Khameir
SWOR: Khameir
You can buy me a Wii Lou, The Force Unleashed will be released for it...so I must have one.

Interesting side story about The Real World. During Season 6 (which was done here in Seattle), the cast of the show got to work at 107.7 The End...one of the local alternative rock stations. When those weenbags started working there, the station started playing Pop and Rap tracks along with the normal music...someone tell me MTV didn't have something to do with that? Anyway, the station ended up losing a good 60-70% of their normal listeners because of them. In fact, The End didn't recover until about 3 years ago when they underwent a management change...the New Managers vowed to NEVER play 'that crap' again.

The End isn't bad, but 99.9 KISW is much better....they've got an afternoon show called 'The Mens Room' (from 2pm to 6pm), I swear to god its one of the best radio shows ever.

And Fuck MTV.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:08 AM 
Bridge Dweller

Regular radio sucks. Satellite is destroying that medium.

Sirius!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:11 AM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
I'm actually liking HD Radio, heh. Some of the local "subchannels" are pretty damn good.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:14 AM 
Bridge Dweller

In comparison to satellite radio, "HD" radio (which isn't truly hi-def audio) still can't compare.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:15 AM 

I agree completely, but occasionally there will still be a dry spell on the satellite radio where I'm not interested in anything playing and will click back to my normal radio.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:17 AM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

Meh, how can you not find anything you're in the mood for.. There's always something....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:47 AM 
Bridge Dweller

Yeah, both XM and Sirius offer great programming... there's literally ALWAYS something on for me, but I have title-seek and stuff on my Stiletto, so artists that are playing elsewhere pop-up and let me know. There's always something on Howard 100 & 101 too, or Sirius Left.

I dunno, after Satellite I could never go back to terrestrial radio, so, anyone who is thinking about what else is out there (because truly, terrestrial radio will die within 5 to 10 years.)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:50 AM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

Unfortunately those who don't have it are like 'wtf pay for radio? fuck no that's fucking stupid'

Not that I pay for my subscription *lolz free sirius* if they merge I bet my radio will no longer fall through the cracks...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:59 AM 
Bridge Dweller

I have two subscriptions, I don't mind paying for such great content. =)

I hope they merge, can't believe the shit the FCC is giving the merger because the simple fact that Howard Stern is there, that's the only reason there's a hold-up. It's not about monopoly, because there's a competition (ha) with regular radio.

Shrug!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:12 PM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

It's not about compition it's because in their FCC licenses it states they won't ever merge. I've been putting off getting sirus for my car for a while .. mostly because I slack

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:07 AM 
Bridge Dweller

Does the FCC have anything to do with satellite radio at all?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:42 AM 

Only slightly, since they're not using terrestrial airwaves.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:56 AM 
Bridge Dweller

Yeah, that's what I figured. They probably have no role in issuing any licenses to them since they have no control over anything except the equipment that is manufactured, which Sirius does very little of, but I know XM makes their own products.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:00 PM 

Yeah, but the FCC wants to do a lot of shit it has no business doing.

Honestly, I think a Sirius/XM merger is a good idea. They both have excellent programming, and there's no real need for competition in a niche market like satellite radio yet.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:33 PM 
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage

EQ1: Golliwog
WoW: Rileigh
To the people who think Britney is going to go about the way side, think again. As much as I dislike her as a person, her new song (album maybe? I've only heard the one song) is popular and catchy. We'll be putting up with her for some time to come I imagine. lol

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:33 AM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

First bump!

second to those who are looking for a satilite radio http://sellout.woot.com/

really a decent price also http://www.xmradio.com/shop/specialoffers.xmc 20 dollar rebate if you havent subscribed before

and finally http://www.retailmenot.com/view/xmradio.com free registration fee + 3 months of free programing.

The rebate may not work ... but I'm gonna send one in anyway and see what happens.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:54 AM 
Bridge Dweller

Satellite.

PS: XM sucks. Sirius offers better quality and more programming. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:26 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
LoL: ScrubLeague
just listen to xpn.org and your ipod newbs, paying for radio is a waste of money they give that shit out for free

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:25 PM 

EQ1: Golliwog
WoW: Rileigh
randy wrote:
just listen to xpn.org and your ipod newbs, paying for radio is a waste of money they give that shit out for free

Better yet.

Get a BlackBerry or other mobile device capable of streaming audio and listen to xpn.org (or other streaming audio sources) all the time. I even hook my blackberry up to the car and listen to it in the car.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:47 PM 
Bridge Dweller

I don't mind paying 13$/mo. I'm not that strapped for cash. I have a portable Sirius unit and can listen to realtime satellite radio. <3 Howard Stern anywhere I go. =)

Offline Profile