Monarchy of the Dead<
>
<i></i>

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Interesting idea
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:55 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Haha Tree huggers international, in order to maintain that hunting license they purchased they have to actually hunt. So they will hug a grizzly bear and shot a sheep or a mountain goat, seems kind of like biting off your nose to spite your face.<
>
<
>
I hate fucking tree huggers LoL. We had a bunch of them here in Connecticut try to fuck up a deer hunt, they were stupid enough to enter the hunt area and a couple almost got shot. The law requires that I wear a minimum of 200 square inches of
ight orange as a precaution against being mistaken for a deer, these asshats had on cammies for crying out load.<
>
<
>
Bambi is going in the oven as soon as I finish posting this, the hunt was successful inspite of the tree huggers, there are more damn deer in this area then the space can handle, these nitwits would rather the deer slowly starve to death than be killed by a hunter. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:06 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

It's actually illegal to disrupting hunting around here, some prick from the humane society actually stole one of our dogs once and threw the tracking collar into a 3 foot deep creek thinking that would kill the signal. But he was a dumb fuck, and no it didn't kill the signal, and we found the dog. He's lucky he didn't get arrested(my dad decided that he'd let is slide once but he was fucked if he ever did it again), the Sheriff said if he ever gives us trouble again to let him know.<
>
<
>
Also, bitching about the population of an animal that has a multiple square mile range per animal past a certain point is pure idiocy. They only rarely congregate and that's only under special circumstances, for instance salmon runs, and even then they don't get along with each other all peachy keen.<
>
<
>
Oh yeah, the article mentions a "mutant white bear," haha, dumbasses, ever heard of something called color phasing? Or albino for that matter. Marauder Harabakc Goat<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:57 PM 
Lois Lane!

Trophy hunters need to be shot and have their heads stuffed up on the wall themselves.<
>
<
>
I don't care if you hunt and actually use the animal for food and fur, or if it's a population problem, or whatever...but if you kill an animal just so you can put the fucking head on your wall, you're an ass. <
>
<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:53 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

Well, that portion I can't really related to. The only things I would shoot without even considering using them for food would be crow and groundhog. The groundhog thing is mostly just a favor for my neighbor because he keeps cattle and horses and the groundhogs get in his fields. Marauder Harabakc Goat<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:59 PM 
I schooled the old school.
I schooled the old school.

Quote:I don't care if you hunt and actually use the animal for food and fur, or if it's a population problem, or whatever...but if you kill an animal just so you can put the fucking head on your wall, you're an ass.<
>
<
>
Absolutely, totally agree. And I'm agreeing with Austriana, so that's saying something!<
>
<
>
<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:36 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

As a hunter, I only kill that which I will eat, it is a waste of a good animal just to take its head to mount it on your wall, I really don't consider trophy hunters sportsmen. Of course not all hunters are sportsmen either.<
>
<
>
Hell, before we retired my wife and I raised Aberdeen Angus cattle and a few Bison. I lost a couple of bison to asshats who hunted on my farm without permission, also had one Black Angus Bull shot. I never found out who killed the bison but the guy that shot the bull actually came to the house and said he had had an accident.<
>
<
>
He offered to pay for the dead bull and almost dropped dead himself when he found out how much I would have gotten for him at slaughter. He was man enough to own up to his fuck up so I never charged him what I could have. Of course he didn't get the carcass either, but I had one hell of a job getting that dead animal up to the barn, it weighed a little over 2200 pounds.<
>
<
>
<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:58 PM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

What Austy said.<
>
<
>
Since it is illegal to have a gun in D.C. the city occasionally has to hire professionals to thin the deer in Rock Creek Park. Come to think of it, it's probably better having professionals hunt in the city park than amateurs. "I am not a ranger, but I have played <
>
one on the internet."<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:59 PM 
Can dish it but can't take it!

That's the problem, no guns in D.C. People need them to thin the political herd. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:30 PM 
What does this button do?
What does this button do?

EQ1: Wakkagud Ondahed
WoW: Slaaneshi
Eve Online Handle: Ackbarre
Sure there are guns in D.C. just none owned by hunters of animals. Just by hunters of other people. Wakkagud Ondahed<
>
Monarchy of the Dead<
>
<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:55 PM 

It's not illegal to own guns anywhere in America.<
>
<
>
Even D.C.'s handgun ban is absolutely, positively against the Constitution and you'll see how quickly the illegal, unconsitutional "law" vanishes as soon as the cases make it to appeals court.<
>
<
>
What's funniest to me is that DC is probably the most liberal city east of California and consistently leads the nation in murders. Ok, not funny. Sad. Sad that people are so misguided in their sincere, heartfelt desire to try and do some good and only achieving negative results.<
>
<
>
This is also a fairly good verification of the idea that criminilizing gun ownership means only criminals will have them.<
>
<
>
<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:58 PM 
The all singing, all dancing crap of the world.

EQ1: Arkayn x2 on Lanys and Arkaynx on Stromm transfer
WoW: Arkayn
Quote: That's the problem, no guns in D.C. People need them to thin the political herd.<
>
There ya go! That'll learn 'em!!!! Those big bad naughty politcal types in DC! BURN THE WITCH!(or shoot them). <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:06 PM 

It's called being facetious Ark. Reading comprehension is tough for you isn't it. Keep at it junior. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:07 PM 
The all singing, all dancing crap of the world.

EQ1: Arkayn x2 on Lanys and Arkaynx on Stromm transfer
WoW: Arkayn
We call it sarcasm, actually. COUNT COUNT COUNT. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:25 PM 

Pot, pot, pot. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:48 PM 
I've pwned over 300 times!
I've pwned over 300 times!

I have killed deer before , but I've never went hunting :/ Thanks to deer I am on a first name basis with the guys down at the body shop.<
>
<
>
Hunting season is too short, deer are at rodent status here. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:14 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

I must agree with the rightwingers in this instance. Hunting for food couldn't be more natural. Some of those "environmentalists" are just chock full of crack if they don't think its ok to kill off excess critters. With most native carnivores hunted and driven back from human settlement, many animals must be thinned as part of sound range management policy. And when I come down from my self-righteousness...Its disturbingly fun to pop a prarie dog with a .22. I'm still all for gun control. =p Vote Quimby! Masteraen/Wulolen<i></i>

"State that opinion in my presence, you fucktard, and I'll show you how valid it is when I'm kicking the shit out of you."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:49 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

Just to set the record straight, real environmentalist tree hugger folk don't give two shits about deer hunting. They encourage it. Large deer populations are a by-product of the loss of old growth forests, at this point they are no better then rats. They can be extraordinarily destructive in an environmental sense.<
>
<
>
They do care about trophy hunters going after already low populations of grizzly and other low population species just so they can put a head on their wall.<
>
<
>
Groups against deer hunting in general are linked far more closely with SPCA then any tree hugger, two very different groups. <i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:16 PM 

What's wrong with have a deer head mount as a trophy? I don't eat the damn head or the antlers. You can still harvest the animal for and have some taxidermy work done as well. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:46 PM 
The Sleeper
The Sleeper

EQ1: Leolan
Rift: Leolan
I think the concept behind "trophy hunter" is that the trophy is the purpose of the hunt and the remainder of the animal is unimportant. - Leo<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:57 PM 

Yes, I know that's the point but I hunt and I’ve never known anyone to kill a deer simply for the mount. I think “trophy hunter" is nothing more than a stereotype. None of the hunters I know waste their kills. I’m not a big fan of taxidermy myself, but mainly because of the cost involved in having good work done. But I have some friends that have plenty and I personally don’t see anything wrong with it. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:59 PM 
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage

Im a hunter and make no apologies for it. But the type of things ive seen are disgusting at times. I was scouting pre season for a good location to setup when I came across a pit. It had about 5 seperate carcasses in it, all fresh, including one fawn. There may have been more, I hope you understand why i wasnt eager to climb in and do a thorough count. The weird thing is, I cant tell if they even butchered them partially. All I can think of is they were just assholes out to slaughter deer. It didnt even look like they had had antlers removed, or choice cuts of meat sliced off, it looks like they were slaughtered, dragged, then dumped for the hell of it. Those are the kind of incidents that make those loony enviros hate all hunters even more. Traab "Love Machine" Fellhammer<
>
Human Mob Compactor of the 52nd Cycle<
>
And Almost Too Sexy To Live!<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:00 PM 
Lois Lane!

Most hunters aren't trophy hunters. However, there ARE trophy hunters. What we're talking about are those who that do hunt big game specifically for the heads. Most trophy hunters aren't going out for deer...they're going for lions and tigers and bears, oh my!<
>
<
>
That's what these people are trying to prevent. I'm sure that some people that kill these grizzlies up north eat the meat, but from what i've read, most just want the heads. They don't care about the bear meat, they just want a trophy for their wall.<
>
<
>
Again, we know trophy hunters are in the minority of hunters...but they *do* exist. <
>
<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:04 PM 

Bear meat is quite tasty. Ill give you the lions and tigers part though. No idea if either is edible. People who just hunt for trophies are idiots too imo. Seriously, what a watse. Yeah, its great and all that you harvested the head from a 14 point buck, but what did you do with the 150 pounds of meat? Pack that crap in a freezer in roast, chops, steaks, and ground meat form and you are set for a good long time. God I want some venison chili! And stew! And jerky! Traab "Love Machine" Fellhammer<
>
Human Mob Compactor of the 52nd Cycle<
>
And Almost Too Sexy To Live!<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:12 PM 

Poachers exist as well and I wouldn't call them hunters. I remember those idiots slaughtering the wild horses just for sake of killing something; those aren’t hunters in my book, they’re criminals. I guess “trophy hunting� is legal so my examples suck, but it gets harder and harder to hunt every single year and it’s a sore subject to me. <
>
<
>
Big game like bear, elk, antelope and even buffalo taste pretty damn good, but I guess I understand what you’re saying about the lions and tigers, or around my neck of the woods, bobcats and mountain lions. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:35 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

There's actually a commercial market for Buffalo, there are ranches raising them like cattle.<
>
<
>
My dad actually used to kill deer and leave them laying in the field(outside of hunting season), but that was for a specific purpose, and was legal. We owned a tree nursery at that point and they were destroying crops, frankly it's no different than a farmer killing them out of his field. After a couple nights of that they really didn't come back to the fields.<
>
<
>
It also doesn't hurt that they were over crowded in our area and the deer size was actually suffering because there were so many. Deer size is directly proportional to the given population in an area and the climate. The colder it is, the larger the deer.<
>
<
>
Jat I find the difficulty increasing as well, but that's mostly because the areas I've always hunted have houses on them now and I cannot safely shoot without having to worry about what's behind my target.<
>
<
>
Bear liver is actually the only liver I will eat, the heart is very good as well. Around here the bear population is about 3x what it was 50 years ago. When my dad was younger the local hunters took up a collection and purchased bear to be stocked in our area. The local hunters have taken care of them and have carefully watched the population over the years and it's thriving now because of it. Often times we're more likely to shoot them with a camera than a gun. <
>
<
>
Also, around here the hunters are very large contributors to the hunger coalition, they give several hundred pounds of meat to them each year. Marauder Harabakc Goat<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:37 PM 
Lois Lane!

Yea, I have no problem with bear hunting either...like I said...if you eat it, I don't care. Unless it is really endangered ...<
>
I only threw in bears as an example because that's what the link discussed...people killing grizzly bears for trophies. <
>
<i></i>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:37 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

I'd actually say a trophy "hunter" would most likely go after a Kodiak before a grizzly, but the only real difference in the 2 species is about 50 miles. Marauder Harabakc Goat<i></i>

Offline Profile