It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:45 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:04 AM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

EQ1: Lacuna
If I knew how to host pictures I would post them up here. But I guess its better I don't, cause it would only piss me off more to see them. Last night while my '05 Wrangler, soft top, sat in the well lit parking lot of my apartment complex, someone took a knife to one of the soft windows ($260) He didn't bothering unzipping it, that would have taken an extra 45 seconds. Then he reached in and unlocked my door, took a screw driver and wrenched out my Pioneer CD player ($200). and completely tore up the center bezel ($133). And off into the night the scum bag ran. I hope the drugs he buys with the money from the CD player kill him, and his mother dies of cancer....shit head. Well, about 30 minutes after I found it, I call the police. Here in slum crime ridden Akron, they don't even come out for car break-ins. They take your info over the phone and call you back with a report number for your insurance company. And the asshole left his dirty hand prints all over my after market seat covers. And left behind the plyers and screw driver he used to hack it out. I would give anything to find the guy. Someone would have to dig the screw driver out of his eye socket. And yes, I would have no problem taking someones life, who stole from me, without second thought.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:11 AM 
Spider Slayer

sooo...sux2bu.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:54 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Draagun Dwarvepunter
WoW: Draagun
Living in the country is no better it seems. Bout 10 years back some people broke into my moms house which is just about 20mins outside of Washington Court House Ohio - She lives out in the middle of the boonies - there are 3 houses within site, but if the corn was up you wouldn't be able to see anything -

Anyhoo, these dirtbags took the TV, VCR, and stereo (all junk by the way) and beat the dog. My mom does not have cutting edge electronics.. at that time everything she had probably came from the local Kmart.

Goes to show though -

I think people vs. people crime is going to go up a lot as it becomes more and more difficult to steal from companies and businesses. I think that's why there are so many more "home invasions" these days. You can't steal shit from a 7-11, and if you go to the bank to steal some cash, your ass is going to jail. But if you invade a nice home, you are going to probably walk with at least a laptop, some cash and jewelry.. maybe even a plasma TV and nice camera and/or some guns.

Anyway, that sucks man. I have had things stolen and vandalized before, doesn't matter what neighborhood you are in or what kinda car it is - if its going to happen its going to happen. It's just a crappy, helpless feeling.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:19 AM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
When I was 19 I had a shitty apartment in a bad area. Only theft I had was out of my 'storage' unit down by parking. I was naive enough to not think it would be a problem. They simply pried the lock off the crappy wooden door.

I lost an NES, SNES, and about...geez almost 100 games if not more. My brothers and I had gotten games over the years and they gave me all the original Nintendo games and the system when I moved out. I had also bought holiday decorations (a lot of Halloween stuff) etc. All gone. :(

I was pretty broke, so all the stuff I had bought was a BIG purchase for me. Cops came out made a report...and weren't going to do anything else. I went bonkers. They didn't realize the value of the games until I told them...then more people came, they dusted for prints, took photos of the crime scene the whole shebang. Alerts to local pawn shops, etc.

Never got my stuff back. :( I was pretty broken up about it.

On a happier note, I once lost my wallet while living there with all my rent money plus pretty much my food and expenses money for the month in it. (Landlord got all pissy about checks at one point cause bunch of people [not me!] bounced checks so we had to pay cash for like 3 mos) ANYWAY...it was returned without a penny missing as I was frantic on the phone with one of my best friends trying to figure out what I was going to DO without that money. Weirder still, the person who returned it was the wife of her husband's best friend growing up. Small world.

Anyhoo, point being there's far more good people in the world, at least in my experience, than bad. Just the bad really sticks out especially when someone steals your stuff.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:13 AM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

EQ1: Lacuna
That sucks Tarot, you can't have anything nice, people will just take it if it's better than what they have. The only thing that pisses me off is that they got in my car and not my appartment, atleast I could have shot them if they came into my house : \ that would have made me feel better : p

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:28 AM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

EQ1: Sarissa Candyangel
WoW: Sarix
Ack, that really sucks. I'd probably go monkey shit too if I caught someone messing with my car.

Around Baltimore they'll steal your spark plugs to make crack pipes as well.

Sarissa Candyangel

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:17 AM 
I schooled the old school.
I schooled the old school.

A couple of years ago when I lived in Muncie, IN someone cut the lock on my $300 bicycle and took it. I hadn't really used it in a few years though-- I didn't even call the police. I remember just thinking, "well I hope they use it more than I do." I don't really get too mad about my stuff-- it's just stuff, you know?

I'm sorry about your loss, Lacuna :/.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:11 AM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

Someone came into my apartment laundry room where I had two loads of laundry drying a few months back. He went through both driers, took 2 polo shirts and a button down he liked from one, and then my sheets and pillowcases and blanket from the other. Was that really neccesary? They were nice shirts, fine, but the sheets were just your standard issue single bed sheets, and I had nothing to sleep on for the rest of the year. People are fucking pricks, and the worst part is even though my dorm was an apartment building in yonkers I don't think it was some local ghetto resident, I think it was some rich asshole clepto kid. We also had 181 ipod thefts in one year at my high school when I was a jr. for 1300 kids, and it was an obscenely wealthy school, everyone already had ipods and I'm sure they were just selling them. Some people just feel the need to take other people's shit, god knows why but it seems like a human impulse.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:25 PM 
Troller in Training
Troller in Training

some merchant0 wrote:
We also had 181 ipod thefts in one year at my high school when I was a jr. for 1300 kids, and it was an obscenely wealthy school, everyone already had ipods and I'm sure they were just selling them. Some people just feel the need to take other people's shit, god knows why but it seems like a human impulse.

We had a rash of car thefts similar to what Lacuna describes where I lived in HS. It was a very nice area and about 4 of my friends' cars and my car all were hit out in front of a friend's house. They didn't take it because they needed the money for essentials; they took it because they needed it for drugs. My friend's sister was a hardcore junkie at the time and I wouldn't have been suprised at all if it was her and her friends that did it (it happened outside that friend's house). Thankfully, she got help and is totally clean now and doing well.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:42 PM 
What? Another Expansion?!
What? Another Expansion?!

I went outside one night when i couldnt sleep to have a smoke, and my truck light was on and the driver side door was open. I started walking toward the truck, and this older mexican lady started running to a car. I chased her down and caught the door before it closed. She had my $600 pool stick and my box of tools for work. I grabbed my pool stick, and as i did she floored it, tagged the back of my mom's van, turned around, and tried to fucking RUN ME OVER. I tried to chase her, but couldnt find the key's, so i called the police. They said since i only had 6 or the 7 digit's of the liscense plate, they couldnt positivly identify the velichle and i would have to come fill out a report. I even found the the car a week later, called the police, and they wouldnt fucking do anything.The worse part is that the tools that she got away with were about $500 worth of specielized crimpers, stippers, and such i used for installing internet. I dont even know if a pawn shop would buy this shit. My only solace is 6 months later, i saw her on TV for a big meth lab bust.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:10 PM 

Heebo wrote:
I even found the the car a week later, called the police, and they wouldnt fucking do anything.

How did yo resist the urge to destroy the car?

Quote:
My only solace is 6 months later, i saw her on TV for a big meth lab bust.

Excellent!

--J.D.