It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:48 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:54 AM 
Oh yeah? How 'bout I kick your ass?

EQ1: Xkhan
WoW: Xkhan
Back in April, I order an M1 for my wife for mothers day. I get a great deal, and after instant rebates, customer loyalty etc it costs me nothing. The day rolls around and she decides she doesn't like it. Very flimsy, hard to navigate etc. So before I even activate it I call Sprint and request a return kit. The chick in Singapore apparently understood less english than she spoke because instead of a return kit, she sends me a new phone. I call them back and thus begins my 20+hr ordeal of waiting on hold trying to do nothing more than get the 2 return kits I need to send these phones back. I finally wind up talking to my Sprint rep here at the office who takes care of my Pantech PX-500 data cards for my laptops and she gets me the 2 kits I need to send them back.

Push ahead a month to when I get my next bill... $789. I saw that and was like WTF! So I call and wait on hold for another 30 min trying to talk to someone in billing and finally do. They charged me $349 X2 along with $18 hardware upgrade fee and $20.80 2nd day shipping. No rebates, nothing. Every time I would get through to someone, I would get disconnected and have to sit on hold another 30min only to get disconnected again. I even went to the local sprint store and THEY sat on hold for an hour while trying to get it taken care of. The person on the other end said it was all good and the credits would show up on my next bill.

This has gone on for about 3mos now and I SILL am showing $258 due on my bill along with late fees etc. My normal bill is usually about $150-160/mo and I refuse to pay more than what my normal service fees are. These people are absolute morons, from the CSRs that answer the phones up to the tier 3 managers. One of these idiots was telling me that I owed $1300 one said I owed $0 and there was a check on the way for $39 as a refund. None of which were correct.

Needless to say, I am done with sprint and the second I show all my credits being applied I am dropping them after 5yrs of being a customer. It really sucks too, up until April when they converted all the old Nextel accounts over to sprints billing area, you were never on hold for more than a few minutes and issues were taken care of promptly.

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:57 AM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

EQ1: Qindyin
WoW: Tgurok
God, remember when Nextel if your phone was having a bad day and you could go in and get it exchanged in like 5 minutes..

Stupid sprint..

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:01 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Annastazia
WoW: Gravestone
Actually they are doing something about the hold problem Khan. From things I have heard, they have been being hit by scammers (trying to steal customer's phone and personal data), and other crazed individuals with nothing better to do with their time than call their customer service line 10x a day and keep people on the line for long periods of time.

They have a list of callers who are Sprint customers who have been doing this and are terminating all their plans (I dont know how many) effective in 30 days. I agree with hold times latley, they have been insane. I just bought a new MotoQ and had to wait over an hour just to talk with a customer support person (thx speakerphone)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:15 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

EQ1: Syuni D'zpecyzczn
Sprint just cut 1200 customer accounts due to 'excessive complaints'. As in, they call in more than other people, thus they're clearly a bad investment...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:02 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Khameir
WoW: Khameir
Rift: Khameir
EQ2: Khameir
LoL: Khameir
SWOR: Khameir
Thats the thing that sucks when you're dealing with a company who has both internal and outsourced call centers.

I worked at a Verizon Wireless outsourced call center a few years ago, and I can tell you...worst customer service reps on Earth. And some of the stupidest people I've ever had the misfortune to work for and or with. At the time I worked there, Verizon Wireless had 4.4 Million customers. Out of the total number of customers, only 3% of the customer base called in on an active basis (active meaning more then twice a month). Verizon discussed doing the same thing Sprint did, but nothing in the Contracts said they could close accounts because people "called too much". Although I wish they could, when working there I actually talked to the same guy at least twice a week...out of 4.4 million people AND 13 call centers (at the time) I managed to get him twice a week.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:11 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

WoW: Drajeck
Looks like Sprint is getting some bad press over this dropping customers thing now...

http://tech.msn.com/news/articlecnet.as ... &GT1=10240

Quote:
The company lost $211 million during the first quarter compared with a profit of $164 million for the same period a year earlier. Revenue for the quarter, which topped out at $10.1 billion, only grew 1 percent compared to the previous year. The company blamed the disappointing results on investments in network coverage and subsidies for handsets, among other things.

In general, the company has struggled since its Nextel acquisition to retain customers. In the first quarter it lost 220,000 monthly subscribers. The company has consistently had one of the highest churn rates in the industry, topping out at about 2.7 percent for the first quarter. By contrast, Verizon has kept its churn around 1.1 percent.

The rest of the story is about a Woman who was charged for services she didn't want over a 5 month period. Each month she was told the billing error was corrected, but it would show up again the following month. After the 5 months, they dropped her claiming she called customer service too often. If they had actually fixed the billing, it would have been 1 call.

I can't wait until my contract is up with these clowns.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:11 AM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

What I've found since I started being a Sprint customer (around 98 or 99) is that you should never bother dealing with the customer service line and just go to the store. If they tell you there they can't do anything just ask for someone higher up til they fix the problem. Thier billing does suck ass though I've had different things show up on my bill that I told them to cancel months before, but I've never had to pay for any of it. The only problem I have with them now is since I moved I can't go to the same store where the manager really knew what he was doing.

Offline Profile