It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:57 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:06 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Draagun Dwarvepunter
WoW: Draagun
I haven't had the opportunity to read and comment on the hell thread. Why are we locking threads on such a low pop forum?

Seriously - I haven't had time to read through it all - that's lame .. wtf is the point now.. I cant even put in my 2cents worth?

weak.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:08 AM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

EQ1: Qindyin
WoW: Tgurok
Leaving the last one open, will discuss stuff in Admin area with others..

Do not make any more new topics about it though :p

This post is the kind of a question you msg a mod about :)

It is not general practice to close threads though, that is true.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:10 AM 
I schooled the old school.

How often do you check the boards? I mean... it's been here for like a month.

I do, however, join you in your concern; I tend to be an anti-moderation kind of person. But once it's done, it's done IMO, and I don't think Doctorx should be defying it, especially when no one here likes him anyway... he's asking to be removed.

Also, since you haven't read to the end yet, you don't know how far that thread has devolved.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:14 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

I started reading it but its pretty long and I want to make sure I can devote some time and attention to it... it's nearly the size of a small novel at this point.

I guess I better get started.. sheesh next thing you know it will be deleted.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:16 AM 

It will never be deleted, and you should know that :p. That's pretty far outside the culture of these boards.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:27 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
It was actually a good thread.

When it was on target at the beginning when it was asked what peoples opinions of hell and the interpretations are of it. Even I found it pretty interesting at first, and I don't usually read threads like that.

And Tarot shit it up by inviting this clown here.

It was started on an opinion, and should have remained a discussion of just that.

No, it wont get deleted. I hope it never does. It will stand as a reminder of how ignorant it is, and the extreme lengths people will go to prove to you that your faith and belief is wrong. They put more effort into trying to tell everyone they do not and refuse to believe in God or hell than most Christians put into actually believing.

Pathetic. People will remember me for being a troll. A prick. An asshole. I'll smile to the coffin knowing I've never been associated with self absorbed pompous pricks who think they are hot shit because they might be in possession of a piece of paper that says they wasted 4 years or more studying hokey religions and bedtime stories.

Enjoy the 15 mins Mr Swaggert and Tammy Fay. You earned em.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:30 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

Well apparently the philosophy of the board has changed. If somebody was making personal threats or divulging private information, I could see that person’s posts being edited/deleted and that user name/IP banned.
Quote:
This thread has been nothing more than "nuh uh" "uh huh" "you are" "no you are" for the last 100 posts

Yeah, well who cares? Maybe some of us would like to read and comment on that? I don’t understand when we started locking topics due to content that “annoys� – Nobody has a gun to anybodies head making them visit that thread.

I guess I’m a bit confused about our board “philosophy�.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:36 AM 

Then read the thread.

Write your comment in Notepad or some shit.

Then read every reply from page 4 to 20 because that is the same fucking carbon copy form letter you are going to get out of him each and every time you respond.

Your views are no different to him. He isn't interested.

Do you get it yet? Everyone who has attempted discussion with the clown gets met with the same bookmobile reading rainbow horseshit when the whole thread was based on opinions of a belief in the first place.

Why don't we just strap some virtual C4 around his waist and send him into a yahoo chat room for you dudes. Would you guys be happy then when he reaches critical mass and ascends as the martyr you all want him to be?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:41 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
From page 10 on it devolved into "neener neener neener I have you on ignore!"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:41 AM 

We really don't care what you have to say, Draagun.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:52 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

yeah, like somebody not caring about what I have to stay has stopped me before :lol:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:59 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Exactly, so quit whining about not being able to respond to a thread that has been going on for a month. You had ample time to respond, but you probably weren't even around.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:03 AM 

Hell, I'm not in favor of it being locked, but I have thoroughly enjoyed the effects of it. Watching him scramble around making more posts trying to keep his only claim to fame/relevance on the board in tact has been entertaining. Is this really the same guy that talked of childishness?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:18 AM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

Lockign threads has beend one before, but is overall against board policies, but continued posting of new threads after a topic is locked is also a no no. Issues with things like that should be taken up with board admins as a whole (Msg one you like, use the report feature, etc)

My guess is, the thread will probably be reopened.

But something in all of us, wishes it would just fade away..

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:20 AM 

Quote:
My guess is, the thread will probably be reopened.
Gee, I wonder which mod will make that one happen.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:22 AM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

Probably not the one you're thinking ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:26 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

No reason at all to lock that thread. It's bullshit.

I like DoctorX for no other reason than he's got ya'lls panties in a bunch. All of you calling for him to be banned need a fucking pacifier in your mouth to shut you the fuck up.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:28 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

EQ1: Syuni D'zpecyzczn
Kinda sad really - and I mean JD, not the locking. There are some of us who wanted to discuss the topic with someone who apparently had more education in the matter... and then we find out he's Anathae II - More Lookatme, Less Genderbending. Oh well. Back into the vagaries of time with this one.

I don't care if he's banned or not. I've had him on ignore since my last reply to him. But I am saddened that a man who is so interested in 'learning' cannot 'learn' that it's his attitude is unwelcome, not his education.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:29 AM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

Quote:
As a more detailed reason for the thread lock :

This thread has been nothing more than "nuh uh" "uh huh" "you are" "no you are" for the last 100 posts.

It's grown old, and has quite possibly stifled new threads from coming up that might actually go somewhere besides a dead end.

I hate to see the thread locked for that reason. The thread went from interesting to entertaining. While you might feel it's gotten old, I don't see how it may have kept new threads from being created. In the time the hell thread has been going, there still been about four others created on other topics. I'm reminded of the old threads back when Circle of Truth was around and Arios was posting. While DrX could get banned from starting new threads on locked topics, I can understand, but see no reason to lock the original thread as none of the board rules were violated that I know of, and I honestly have looked forward to the new posts made each day. Before I could go several days without comming to the boards to catch up beause most of the topics were generally slow. The hell topic woke the boards up and brought some drama back and made it worthwhile to check the boards a couple of times a day. Watching adults act like little kids has never been a reason to lock a thread in the past. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:37 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Quote:
The hell topic woke the boards up and brought some drama back and made it worthwhile to check the boards a couple of times a day. Watching adults act like little kids has never been a reason to lock a thread in the past.

I haven't had any interest in the thread whatsoever myself, but it obviously has garnered alot from others. This quote right here is why it's bullshit to lock the thread.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:37 AM 

Quote:
I like DoctorX for no other reason than he's got ya'lls panties in a bunch. All of you calling for him to be banned need a fucking pacifier in your mouth to shut you the fuck up.
You're starting to sound shrill, Surcam.

There are 3 camps.

1. The camp that is calling for his banning. Very small group, actually. I'm certainly not one of them. Not many have called for it.
2. The camp that is on his side, generally bitter board warriors (you're starting to become one).
3. The camp that could care less and views the whole thing somewhat ambivalently (the vast majority). Most of these people think DoctorX is a tool, but aren't so hyper as to call for his banning.

Some people actually want him gone, like me, but prefer to do it by watching him hang himself. He's been very effective in that regard.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:41 AM 

I'm hyper? :(

I didn't call for the ban until he started creating new threads after the first was locked.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:47 AM 

I want him gone, but gone just like the last fool that was brought in as an "expert". Shooting his own feet off and maybe finally getting the hint.

It wont happen however.

The thread doesn't need to be locked. Pussy just hit the panic button and spammed threads because someone took his toys away. He'll call in his troops and shit up the place for a bit, Tarot will make some apology post and everyone will give each other high fives.

Quote:

See above. Typical knee jerk reaction shit from you tho.

Maybe you should write a letter to Sharpton. I think there are a few days to spare between Presidents Day and Talk Like A Pirate Day. Maybe we can see about setting aside one to remember this guy.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:49 AM 
I've pwned over 300 times!
I've pwned over 300 times!

I've been pretty amused reading the thread. Even losing 2 posts to an update and a lock doesn't impinge on watching someone generate so much intense response, even if the person isn't actually making a positive contribution or even enhancing communication and mutual understanding. I've always had a fondness for watching someone make a fool of themself.

My favorite so far has been:
doctorx wrote:
There is little evidence of orality in the HB and NT texts--other than specific songs and poems obviously.

:lol:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:05 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Quote:
Maybe you should write a letter to Sharpton

Everyone get it right? I'm black, Sharpton is black. Get it? Hilarity ensues.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:15 AM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

What does being black have to do with jack shit? :p

DO NOT TRY TO STEAL THE THUNDER THAT IS HERE WITH YOUR RACISM BAITZ!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:18 AM 

The only black movement I give a shit about starts at about 7:45 every morning, moves through a filter and ends its journey 4 or 5 hours later by exiting my pisshole.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:22 AM 

And since the other thread is open again, as it should be, if you'd like for me to tell you to fuck off there, where it should be, let us retire for the evening to the Observatory.

Now do you get it? Even the people that despise the guy don't want it locked, and the majority of them don't want him banned because its fun to watch him jump through hoops. But if you want to be lumped into the same circle as he is, it isn't a problem. Just get in line.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:26 AM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

Now I want coffee.. damnit Givin!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:29 AM 

Get a "MINT" flavored one Lou. Make them double bag it so it takes extra long to "unwrap".

We still discuss that almost weekly by the way. Good times.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:35 AM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

Should there be a next oryx get together, let me know I might just send

http://www.candyfavorites.com/Custom-Lo ... -2979.html

they're delish~

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:00 AM 
Lois Lane!

You know, I really could care less about Doctorx in one way or another.

However, him making multiple threads (titled Hell II, Hell III and Hell IV) make me think he's slightly crazy, OCD (not that there's anything wrong with it...just coupled with other flaws) and just down right annoying. I mean, you're borderline obsessed if you have to keep making posts every time your old one is locked.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:30 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
His "claim to fame" is his knowledge of religion and everything associated with religion. As Tarot said in her heart-warming introduction of the guy:

Quote:
As way of introduction, I asked DoctorX to post here and I've known him elsewhere for a few years (on the internet). You'll have to form your own opinions (and of course I'd always encourage you to do so, but lets face it...I couldn't stop you anyway! ) but he's one of the best experts on the bible I've had the pleasure of knowing. I (of course!) don't ask that you lend any weight to what he says based on my opinion, as always measure the worth of what people say by what they say, and the accuracy of it, etc.

Anyhoo, I've learned quite a bit over the years from him, and from reading his writings on various biblical and religious texts. If anyone is ever impressed with my admittedly meager knowledge I'd say I know about .01% of what he does. And that's probably me bragging and overstating. Seriously. When I have tough questions I can't find out easily...I pester him. And if you think about the various Jesuits and other scholars I've pestered over the years, it's no faint praise.

He's a gem, and I'm extremely glad he found interest in this thread. I fully expect him to hand me my ass on a few things too.

Naturally, he has yet to prove that he can discuss any other topic (and he really cannot discuss religion on a rational level, since anyone who disagrees with him is automatically a baby by default). When the one topic that he can comment on is locked, he had no choice but to bring it up again. He is one of those people who would rather be seen and hated than never be seen at all, and that is his choice. However, when he goes against the decisions made by the mods (whether they be the right decisions or the wrong decisions), he only further demonstrates that he cannot function socially in any regard. The funny thing is, he accused Vanamar of sticking his fingers in his own eyes, yet he continually sticks his fingers in his own ears time and time again. Hypocrites, aren't we all?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:57 PM 

Will be in that which should not have been closed.

Play nice.

--J.D.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:20 PM 

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
huh?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:35 PM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

He's saying screw you Holmes I'm going back to my comfy favorite thread.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:11 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Tarot talks too fucking much anyway. I actually feel sorry for her old man. Can you imagine the blood coming out of that poor bastards ears?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:08 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH SOMEONE TOOK MY BLANKIE.

Offline Profile