All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: What is a diety?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:13 PM 

Really?

I thought he had better taste.

At least one might respect him for his attraction to:

A-Fraud McSlappy*

--J.D.

*t3h d34dly t3h ghey reference!!11!! OMFG that r0xorz the BIG!!11!! after t3h d34dly int3rw3b thr34t.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:34 PM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

Certainly you mean:

Do not hate him for his love. . .

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:58 PM 
Can dish it but can't take it!

EQ1: Balearic
At least Tavarez has a marketable skill, unlike you two bozos.

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:30 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Have we confirmed whether or not the good doctor is an atheist or not? I have to say I have not met many atheists who believe, as many religious fundamentalists do, in moral absolutism.

I have to say it was pretty funny watching such a well-read "scholar" fall apart at the seams when asked such a simple question: give me a reason something is evil.

Still waiting on the exact fact that demonstrates precisely why "because they didn't deserve it" is unjust or evil. And again won't hold my breath.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:08 AM 

Akai Ryu wrote:
Do not hate him for his love. . .

I would not.

I mean . . . look at the love between David and Jonathan.

Granted . . . it is still A-Fraud. . . .

--J.D.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:45 AM 

/grin

Just glad I was thrown on the "lines list" AFTER I made it abundantly clear that he couldn't come up with a factual reason :D

Rebuttal 1: Cuz it's wrong.
Rebuttal 2: Cuz that's wrong.
Rebuttal 3: Cuz that's wrong.

Define why, for any, factually? Nope. Good game. Good game, indeed.

To be perfectly clear, we all have our beliefs about what morality is and isn't. Most of us agree that it is morally wrong to do certain things. We cannot, and never will be able to define WHY that is and give solid logical reasoning to back it. It always, always comes down to "it's just wrong". That's all fine and dandy, the problem is when you use morality WITHIN a context to prove something - in this example, the existence of a god. In that scenario, if you wish to make a solid claim, you also need solid backing. A subjective assumption of "evil" is not a backbone on which such a claim can stand.

With that, I send ye back to the only thread you will have any measurable purpose in.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:26 AM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

EQ1: Doon
WoW: Doon

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:56 AM 

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:03 AM 

I have been informed that our MFY-Fan has confessed by posting a picture of his MFY hat--for how else would he have one?

Since the first step to overcoming a problem is admitting you have one, we should all support his coming to term with the fact he has always been a MFY-Fan.

Ever cognizant of my responsibilities--noblesse oblige--allow me help him transform himself from a MFY-Fan--"the lowest form of life on Earth"--to that of a Glorious Red Sox--the penultimate standard of excellence by giving him this:

Quote:
New York Yankees to Boston Red Sox Fan Conversion Form

Name: ___________________________

Address: _________________________

Who's Your Daddy: _________________

1. Please select your favorite recent Yankees new player acquisition:
    [ ] Tom "Flush" Gordon
    [ ] Alex "A-*****-Rod" Rodriquez
    [ ] Gary "Talk-It-Can't-Walk-It" Sheffield
    [ ] Javier "Grand Slam" Vazquez
    [ ] Kevin "Charlie" Brown

2. Which of the following would you most like to see as the most played YES Network "Great Moments in Yankees History" film clip in 2005:
    [ ] Rivera's "Shocking" blown save in Game 4
    [ ] Rivera's "Shocking" blown save in Game 5
    [ ] A-Rod slapping the ball out of Arroyo's hand, causing Jeter to return all the way to first base instead of moving into scoring position on the play
    [ ] The Red Sox joyously spraying celebratory champagne on their ecstatic fans in Yankee Monument Park
    [ ] Vazquez's grand slam pitch to Johnny Damon in Game 7
    [ ] Vazquez's second home run pitch to Johnny Damon in Game 7
    [ ] "Big Papi" Ortiz accepting MVP trophy at Yankee Stadium
    [ ] A-Rod crying like a little girl in the dugout after Game 7

3. Which following designation best describes Derek Jeter's performance in this year's ALCS:
    [ ] Captain October
    [ ] Captain Underpants
    [ ] Captain & Tennille

4. Math:
    a) How many times have the Yankees won the World Series in the last six years? (hint: less than one)
    b) How many times have the Yankees won the World Series in the current century?
    c) How many times have the Yankees won the World Series in the current millenium?

5. Are you ready to admit that:
    a) Ted Williams was better than Joe DiMaggio?
    b) Dom DiMaggio was better than his brother John?
    c) Carlton Fisk was better than Trurmon Munson?
    d) Even Manny Ramirez is better than Bernie Williams?
    e) Reggie Jackson was a better outfielder than Matsui?
    f) Gary Sheffield owes his stats to steroid abuse?
    g) No self-respecting parasite would invade Jason Giambi?

--adapted from Blood Feud: The Red Sox, the Yankees & the Struggle of Good versus Evil

Remember, we are here to help you.

--J.D.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:17 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Have you posted one original thing yet?

ps: Akai Ryu, quit stealing bandwidth. Surely you you know how to host images on your own and post them, right?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:50 PM 

A Crying Child, no doubt, pleading to keep Bale in the pungent darkness of MFY Fandom.

RESIST Bale! RESIST!!!

We offer you miracles and wonders!! Lugo was one triple away from the cycle--Lugo! As one observer put it, "and here I thought 'lugo' was Spanish for 'snot!'"

Remember! Only the Faithful may make it into the Fall--whilst Those Who Have Given Themselves Over to the Darkness, with their Emperor and his empty wallet--will be consigned to a golf course!

Gnashing their teeth and stuff.

--J.D.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:21 PM 

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
shut up

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:47 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
I am posting more lines to garner a response from him in this post

This line is a nondescript sentence that pertains to nothing in particular.

I am sure his lover will inform him of this but I will take a chance.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:03 AM 

To be fair, we owe it to Akai Ryu to give him a chance to prove he also can regurgitate information like nobody's business.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:24 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Tarot,

Where the fuck did you dig up this douchebag? When I'm overwhelmed by this much of a blow hard, that's saying something. Mark that shit on your calendar.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:38 AM 

Still cannot wash the taste of 2004 out of your mouth?

You have my sympathies. . . .

Now if you have something relevant to add, do so, or else continue to be a squeeze toy until your become boring which, it seems, will not be long.

--J.D.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:41 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Hook. Line. Sinker.

Dance my little puppet, dance.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:29 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

WoW: Drajeck
Givin Wetwillies wrote:
I am posting more lines to garner a response from him in this post

This line is a nondescript sentence that pertains to nothing in particular.

I am sure his lover will inform him of this but I will take a chance.

DoctorX wrote:

Now if you have something relevant to add, do so, or else continue to be a squeeze toy until your become boring which, it seems, will not be long.

--J.D.

Givin Wetwillies wrote:
Hook. Line. Sinker.

Dance my little puppet, dance.

Quoting it so everyone can enjoy the humor. You have to be able to laugh at yourself too :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:08 AM 

Quote:
A Crying Child, no doubt, pleading to keep Bale in the pungent darkness of MFY Fandom.
How much peyote do you use in a given day, anyway?
Quote:
RESIST Bale! RESIST!!!
I can't, I can't! There's just something irreseistable about the beauty (!) and voice of Suzyn Waldman.
Quote:
We offer you miracles and wonders!! Lugo was one triple away from the cycle--Lugo! As one observer put it, "and here I thought 'lugo' was Spanish for 'snot!'"
It isn't?!?!?!?
Quote:
Remember! Only the Faithful may make it into the Fall--whilst Those Who Have Given Themselves Over to the Darkness, with their Emperor and his empty wallet--will be consigned to a golf course!

--J.D.
1) Um, why would "the Faithful" want "the Fall"? Isn't that how a lot of this started -- people believing lies that sounded attractive and realistic? "Eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil so you can be as God," and "the Yankees are dead and the Red Sox shall rule forever and ever" are false: People are living beings, not life itself, and the Yankees have more money than anyone in baseball.

2) Steinbrenner's a spendthrift, but he's not bankrupt. I think he's paying for the new Stadium without taxpayer assistance, though a Yankee fan will have to confirm this. Also, I have to say that Steinbrenner has done a few things right: He banned the Spider-Man bases from the Stadium a few years ago; he left the lights on at the end of the '04 ALCS so the Sox and the fans could celebrate; and he allows active duty military to attend games at no charge if they're in uniform.

4) Theo screwed up the Red Sox lineup by letting OCab walkafter the '04 Series, though nobody much talks about how he screwed up. Everyone he's used at short since '04 has underperformed (Renteria) or flat-out sucked (everyone else). Worse, by not re-signing Cabrera, he allowed the Angels to improve at short. Nothing like feeding your enemies to cause problems for yourself down the road.
Quote:
Jeez, I hope he's not talking to Tali or Givin. . . .
Quote:
Watch your pronouns. To whom are you referring? And why does that person have your sympathies? Also, you'd better be careful -- A-Fraud may be playing for the home team in the Fens next year.

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:15 PM 

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
DAMNIT Bale, he's gone. Let's not bring him back. It has been nice not seeing his worthless drivel in here for the past week.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:58 PM 

Did he go back to the not-so-skeptical community?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:14 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

EQ1: Daas
WoW: Vuloth
EQ2: Daas
Bale wrote:
Quote:
How much peyote do you use in a given day, anyway?
Quote:
RESIST Bale! RESIST!!!
I can't, I can't! There's just something irreseistable about the beauty (!) and voice of Suzyn Waldman.
Quote:
It isn't?!?!?!?
Quote:

--J.D.
1) Um, why would "the Faithful" want "the Fall"? Isn't that how a lot of this started -- people believing lies that sounded attractive and realistic? "Eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil so you can be as God," and "the Yankees are dead and the Red Sox shall rule forever and ever" are false: People are living beings, not life itself, and the Yankees have more money than anyone in baseball.

2) Steinbrenner's a spendthrift, but he's not bankrupt. I think he's paying for the new Stadium without taxpayer assistance, though a Yankee fan will have to confirm this. Also, I have to say that Steinbrenner has done a few things right: He banned the Spider-Man bases from the Stadium a few years ago; he left the lights on at the end of the '04 ALCS so the Sox and the fans could celebrate; and he allows active duty military to attend games at no charge if they're in uniform.

4) Theo screwed up the Red Sox lineup by letting OCab walkafter the '04 Series, though nobody much talks about how he screwed up. Everyone he's used at short since '04 has underperformed (Renteria) or flat-out sucked (everyone else). Worse, by not re-signing Cabrera, he allowed the Angels to improve at short. Nothing like feeding your enemies to cause problems for yourself down the road.
Quote:
Jeez, I hope he's not talking to Tali or Givin. . . .
Quote:
Watch your pronouns. To whom are you referring? And why does that person have your sympathies? Also, you'd better be careful -- A-Fraud may be playing for the home team in the Fens next year.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/ball ... tadium.jsp

"Along with the $800 million the Yankees have fronted, the city and state are pitching in more than $200 million to build recreational parks along the waterfront and other facilities around the ballpark.

A hotel, convention center and $45 million Yankee Stadium Metro-North Station are also in the plans. Four new parking garages will be built, creating approximately 10,000 vehicle spaces.

New York City Mayor, Michael Bloomberg, said that the stadium's construction will create 6,500 jobs during the next four years and up to 1,000 permanent jobs. The city will spend $1 million in training Bronx residents for the construction. "

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:28 PM 

Yea will they follow their traitorous Pharisee, their Judas, and go to their new Field with their thirty pieces of silver, and yea will their bellies swell up and their guts spill out.

It is . . . like . . . in Acts and stuff.

--J.D.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:49 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

Why so much Yankee hate? It seems more in line for you to bash Aneheim.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:51 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

Anaheim even. Hate no edit.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:27 AM 
I schooled the old school.
I schooled the old school.

Try "preview."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:38 PM 

Quote:
Why so much Yankee hate? It seems more in line for you to bash Aneheim.
Why? The Yankees are the focus of evil in the world of sport, not the Angels (though Arte Moreno needs to be flogged for creating the abortion called "The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim"). The Yankees may have the biggest fan base, but they also have the most fans who hate them for buying their way to the top -- and yes, I realize the Red Sox, Mets, Dodgers and Angels also try to buy success; it's just that the Yankees can't seem to understand when to put the damn wallet away.

As for the taxpayer funding of 20% of the new Toilet, er Stadium, I stand corrected.

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline Profile