It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:45 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hell
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:17 PM 

I am magNIfIcent.

PM'd to you. . . .

--J.D.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:23 PM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

That saves me a lot of trouble. I will try it out directly. Image

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:24 PM 

Noblesse oblige.

Nothing defeats the tactics of Crying Children than the ability to shut a door.

--J.D.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:04 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Khameir
WoW: Khameir
Rift: Khameir
EQ2: Khameir
LoL: Khameir
SWOR: Khameir
Doctor X and Akai Ryu - are you two ready to buy a house Polk Street together, because you seem ready to take your relationship to the next level?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:13 PM 
Can dish it but can't take it!

EQ1: Balearic
Khameir, I think they already have -- that's why they seem to post in little daisy chains.

Who let these fuckers in here in the first place?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:23 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

In all her wonderous glory, the fault be Tarot's...

Well, let me rephrase. She invited Doctor X to post on "this thread" (not the forums) because she felt he was an expect on the specific subject of biblical translations/religion. She invited him to "this thread", not the forums as a whole. And he has yet to leave "Rants and Raves" because he knows full well that the other moderators (and the rest of the community for that matter) will have 0 tolerance for the way he responds to people, and he will more then likely get banned in a heartbeat. Tarot has already denied any wrong doing by inviting him here, but many have called her bluff to which she cowers at because she isn't Ms Popularity anymore.

Even to that end, numerous people have asked both Doctor X AND Tarot for him to leave or that he isn't welcome...to which on answer has been given.

I was even asked to stop stalking this piece of shit, which I was more then happy to abide by...but what happens? He (or someone else) invites a fucking clone to continue this bullshit. Tarot needs to get her fucking mop and bucket, because we don't need to put up with this shit. Regardless of her reasons for inviting him here in the first place, this is her fucking mess.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:31 PM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

EQ1: Rugen Payne
WoW: Mathaen
Eh. I'll post again for this.

Quote:
Regardless of her reasons for inviting him here in the first place, this is her fucking mess.

While she invited him here, the mess is pretty much everyone's at this point.

Did you miss why he invited his friend? People had stopped responding. The thread had stalled out for days and he can't just keep replying to himself. He needed someone to stir the water. And it worked.

Quit replying to the two of them. Entirely. On any thread. They won't stay. They'll grow tired of talking to each other.

Trust me, the ignore feature is rather nice.

Quote:
This post was made by Akai Ryu who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.
This post was made by DoctorX who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.
This post was made by Akai Ryu who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.
This post was made by DoctorX who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

in an endless chain is amusing. If people quit responding to them, they'll eventually go away. But as it is, they are pretty effectively trolling you all at this time.

So just let them go. Let them have the last word, which is hard for many lanys posters to do, and they'll grow tired of the silence and leave.

Or keep letting them bait you, and expect them (and others they invite to join in the fun) to be here for some time.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:37 PM 

1) Why doesn't Cak ban them, since (the last I knew) he owns the site? Or does someone else run the show now?

2) Was this a case where these two pole-smokers were invited because they'e "experts," or because Tarot was having her ass handed to her after starting a thread she wrongly assumed would lead to her thumping people of faith?

3) Is it me, or is this a replay of that thread several years ago where Tarot, Miss Free Speech, banned Nerro because of his "short bus" sig and ignited a brawl on the boards, just in time for the holidays? (Nothing like the irony of Tarot, Adjani, and other "every opinion must be respected" person going apeshit on Nerro because of a fucking sig, but never stopping to think about a) the inherent satire of the sig, or b) their own intolerance of people who disagreed with them.)

4) What the fuck am I doing agreeing with Fribur about anything? :cussing: :tongue5:

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:44 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

WoW: Drajeck
Mono-
I certainly hope you don't expect I have the free time to click those links, especially when you blatently ignore the negative effects of Othmirh fur on my black silk robes. My latin is a little rusty, but until you honor me with a cut and paste, I leave you with this: Anksthay orfay ethay aughlay eforebay edbay ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:45 PM 

Granted, Rugen, you're right about feeding trolls. It just pisses me off that a mod would basically give the keys to some 20-year-old kids who have Google, a computer, and a bong. OK, so I'm insulting 20-year-olds and potheads. But you know what I mean. This is tantamount to helping someone hijack part of the boards for their amusement.

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:56 PM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
Banning people because they're douchebags or assholes would leave this board without a single visitor.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:05 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Vanamar wrote:
Banning people because they're douchebags or assholes would leave this board without a single visitor.

Sadly, so would every message board on the internet.

ps...buy a computer and play wow with us!!!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:17 AM 

heh.

I'm not home nearly often enough to actually bother playing an MMO.

Working four 11 hour shifts plus having a semblance of a social life is hard.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:12 AM 

Interesting.

I was criticized for noting the utility of the "Ignore" feature . . . now some are heralding it.

Meanwhile, unable to defend himself MFY-Fan Bale appeals for "t3h b4nn4g3."

I will recognize that as the Cowardice and Concession of Defeat it is.

To correct, I did not resurrect these threads--you did. With your posts.

I do not make you read them--you choose to read them.

Yet with all of that, not even one credible rebuttal.

--J.D.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:28 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

DoctorX wrote:
Interesting.

I was criticized for noting the utility of the "Ignore" feature . . . now some are heralding it.

Meanwhile, unable to defend himself MFY-Fan Bale appeals for "t3h b4nn4g3."

I will recognize that as the Cowardice and Concession of Defeat it is.

To correct, I did not resurrect these threads--you did. With your posts.

I do not make you read them--you choose to read them.

Yet with all of that, not even one credible rebuttal.

--J.D.

You got some of Akai Ryu's man sauce on your shirt...best clean that up boy

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:30 AM 

Khameir, don't make me smack you.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:35 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Arunhah
WoW: Scathain
Rift: Arunhah
EQ2: Scathian
What, no hats?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:44 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Vanamar wrote:
Khameir, don't make me smack you.

I'll be good, sort of...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:36 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Haha, I like DrX... He's baited people into a 21 page thread so far, and shows promise in a couple of others. I oppose banning him on the grounds that it would make these boards boring again. :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:23 AM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

Oh no Drajack. The Latin translation of Eqtraders is quite inaccurate. You need to rely translations from its original language, English. I believe the translators hired from Babelfish used an infininite number of monkeys to create the Latin translation, and we all know how tiresome Shakespeare can be.

Any opinions on the Othmir must be made from the original English translation, or they are not valid at all!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:24 AM 
I schooled the old school.

I don't like banning people because they are a douche-- I like the freedom of our boards and I don't want to change that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:44 AM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

EQ1: Qindyin
WoW: Tgurok
Crap I typed up a good post, but evidently fail at hitting 'submit'

Here's how I see banning:

1. Spammers (no 'they' do not constitute as spammers)
2. Hax0rz
3. People who continue to post highly offensive content and ignore 'warnings' to not do so.. they get a temp or perm ban if they do it 'enough'.
4. People who make real life threats (obvious jest like "Pay me 20$ and I'll go punch fribur in the nose" doesnt' count)
5. Other as needed (think livak/anathae)

Cak isn't around much anymore, he works a couple of jobs and is rather busy.

Overall, we don't/shouldn't have to do much moderation, these boards now have the ignore feature, you people should use it if someone really twists your panties that much. Back with the old version of the boards, it was even discussed there on if we should install the modification or not, just to lessen the bullcrap we put up with by adults who just can't skip past a post.

When you find one kid alone at a playground, they'll get bored and go home. Rugen and others have already pointed that out, and it's possibly true. Although it appears a friend has been invited and they're content to publically msg each other how much better they are than everyone else.

What is amusing is, there are I think 36 'ignores' currently on the boards by 8 users. Only 8 people are using the feature, when it's obvious it perhaps should be a littler higher.

If someone's post is offensive, there is a button to report it, we'll get a message out to that user to knock that shit off, and if no response ban them until we do.

With all this talk of 'why aren't they banned' what do you think would happen if an admin locked this thread and said 'knock that shit off', there would be a lynching.

BTW, if you find something offensive, use the report function..

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:49 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Some of the finest trolling I've ever seen and no one should ban a guy for that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:35 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

EQ1: Syuni D'zpecyzczn
Forget hats.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:49 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Personally, I've not once mentioned banning him as an option...I've merely pointed out that he only posts on the once section of the boards that isn't moderated because his attitude wouldn't be tolerated in sections that are. He knows full well what would happen if he responded in his arrogant, condescending, and insulting manner on a thread say in the "Arts and Entertainment" forum.

Banning him would only accomplish one thing, it would give him a sense of martyrdom. He has already "claimed" that the reason he was banned from another forum was because "Of Mods whom abused their power and wrongfully banned me, when I was defending my position again racist/anti-semitic posters whom didn't agree with research I was posting based on the researchers religion". And I found out that the truth (by a mod on those forums) was that he was banned because some of what he posted was offensive to someone, a mod was forced to edit some posts, then he went back and reedited the mod edited posts...this was a violation of those boards rules, so he was banned. What would happen if we banned him based on him being the complete and utter shitbag he is? He'd turn around and to the same thing about us. He'd tell people on his lame ass skeptic circle of friends that he was "unjustly" banned from a message board because he was smarter then everyone else, no one was able to match his intellect so we started behaving like crying children, then we had him banned because we "called us names". Quite honestly, I don't give a shit what people on the internet think of me...but I don't even want to give him the slightest bit of satisfaction in that sort of victory.

Originally, I would've been cool with the dude if he'd just respond to people without the insults. Then, I said that he needed to stop chastising anyone whom isn't going to go out and buy a $20.00 book just to verify someone he has posted...to which he replies "If you're not willing to learn, don't participate in the conversation." After that, I pointed out the simple fact that he has never once posted an original thought of his own in addition to all the bile he's spewed. Some think thats ok, some don't. Then lastly, I asked that he just leave as a good percentage of us don't like him and think he's adding about as much to this community as a blind pimp pushing leper hookers.

As for blaming Tarot for bringing him here, I still stand by my stance that it was a lapse in judgment on her part. If she didn't know he would have this sort of effect on people, then she either as spent a long time as part of a community to which she knows very little about or knows very little about this person to whom she claims is a friend and good counsel to her.

ps...Mono. The forehead of a Erudite is said to be filled with candy like a piñata. But the researchers of Paineel took great pains to cover this up, as one wouldn't want to have their candy coated brains eaten out.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:53 AM 

Quote:
Personally, I've not once mentioned banning him as an option...I've merely pointed out that he only posts on the once section of the boards that isn't moderated because his attitude wouldn't be tolerated in sections that are. He knows full well what would happen if he responded in his arrogant, condescending, and insulting manner on a thread say in the "Arts and Entertainment" forum.

The last few years, there haven't really been much more moderation in those threads than there has in this one. The worst that happens generally is that it gets moved to here.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:05 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Fribur wrote:
The last few years, there haven't really been much more moderation in those threads than there has in this one. The worst that happens generally is that it gets moved to here.

True as that may be, again I was merely pointing out that he has never once ventured outside of the only "officially" unmoderated section of the forums. This means one of two things. He either...

A.) Read the basic rules and the FAQ when he created his account

or

B.) Was given first hand knowledge about the lack of moderation on the "Rants and Raves" section, which suited him as the topic he was invited to post on was in aforementioned section of the forums.

He has even been invited to post in other sections, those invite being blatantly ignored due to (as I see) obvious reasons.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:07 AM 

Actually, he's posted several times in the Sports forum.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:15 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Fribur wrote:
Actually, he's posted several times in the Sports forum.

I see. Good to know he's carried the "More Lines" responses to that section as well. Very mature of him.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:38 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
His sports posts consist of pointing out the standings and calling anyone who doesn't agree with what little he is saying either a baby, a fan of a shitty team, or a Yankee fan (which is the same as a fan of a shitty team these days). His little buddy is, of course, now doing the exact same thing as well.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:04 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Of 1000+ posts in this thread, the guy has a third of them.

I'm reminded of the 40 year old virgin. Was it based on a true story? DoctorX, do you have a sweet video game chair?

The reason I bowed out of this thread so early is my ability to sniff out an obsessive compulsive forum troll immediately. Seriously guys, it's not worth your time. You should direct your angst at Tarot.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:08 AM 

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
and he has most of the people that have something worth saying in sports on Ignore.

screw him. I gave up on him weeks ago.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:49 AM 

You have a point about its desire to be a martyr. But it shouldn't have been allowed in here in the first place, not with its "Ha ha, you believe in something bigger than yourself, you dumb fucking religious maniac Yankee, er MFY fan! Ha ha" horseshit and its condescension. Oh well.

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:54 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

I haven't read this thread past the first page, but I do admire DoctorX's ability to get a rise out of you people. I can't seem to do it any more.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:03 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

joxur wrote:
The reason I bowed out of this thread so early is my ability to sniff out an obsessive compulsive forum troll immediately. Seriously guys, it's not worth your time. You should direct your angst at Tarot.

QFT

Still, it's been a good read. Some of the flames were genius.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:20 AM 
Do you smell that?

This thread got stupid when he stopped responding to me. I think his buddy put me on ignore before I even replied to him. =(

WAH YOU HAVE CALLED ME OUT FOR BEING A DOUCHE I CANT HANDLE THIS YOURE MEAN /ignore.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:10 PM 

SurcamStances wrote:
I haven't read this thread past the first page, but I do admire DoctorX's ability to get a rise out of you people. I can't seem to do it any more.

I really cannot take any credit. I simply posted conclusions based on facts, and those who cannot handle it went absolutely nuts.

I mean, there is no way I could plan for someone to claim an ancient city did not exist or have him quote texts that end up disproving his claim.

--J.D.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:07 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

There's something to be said for not shitting where you eat, which I would equate to inviting a trouble maker to a place you like to hang out.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:34 PM 
Bridge Dweller

:skewl:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:09 PM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

Bale wrote:
You have a point about its desire to be a martyr. But it shouldn't have been allowed in here in the first place, not with its "Ha ha, you believe in something bigger than yourself, you dumb fucking religious maniac Yankee, er MFY fan! Ha ha" horseshit and its condescension. Oh well.

So you still have no rebuttal to the information he has posted here, and continue to whine and pitch a tantrum instead.

Of course I would expect nothing less of a MFYs fan. . .

At least you realized the wisdom of dropping your t3h d34dly thr34ts.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:02 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Uhm, is this another instance where someone people purely dislike has had to create another account so that he can garner support for his own opinions???

seems fishy!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:33 PM 

Darkast:

Read the thread.

All becomes clear.

Akai Ryu wrote:
So you still have no rebuttal to the information he has posted here, and continue to whine and pitch a tantrum instead.

He cannot because there really is no rebuttal to the conclusion that the author of Revelation expected his visions to come to pass "soon." Junior tells him so more than once as quoted above. I could then explain the tons of references that date the text to the Roman period--not the least "t3h Numb3r of t3h B34st." It is curious, but there are two variations on the number--"666" and "616"--depending on the textual witnesses. The ones for "666" are better, but they both refer to the same person--one is the Greek and the other is the Latin version of his name. There are other contemporary references as well.

Now, to try to contradict Revelation with Mt is rather embarrassing. No evidence that either author knew of the other. Nevertheless, as demonstrated, Mt bases his work on Mk, and Mk is pretty clear that he expects the eschaton to come within the lifetime of the followers of Junior. Given he wrote at earliest just after the Squishing of Jerusalem--that, for him, is "soon!" Now some scholars wonder if "Mk's Apocalypse" is an addition to Mk . . . or if Mk is using a "source." I do not quite buy that, but the point is Mt uses it as well as Lk. So they had a Mk with it.

And Mt agrees with it.

It is really that simple.

--J.D.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:19 AM 

Quote:
So, "pinnacle of originality" or no--and I have not seen much here lately that would prove to be such, by the way--

Whew, thanks for letting us know, Akai Ryu! Because, you know, we asked for your opinion on how original everyone here was(rather than say, ONE person whom you were responding to).

I'd say that's at least a "pinnacle of irony" when you speak of "childishness".

Perhaps you can introduce us to some of this originality you can't seem to find here.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:45 AM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

Venen wrote:
Quote:
So, "pinnacle of originality" or no--and I have not seen much here lately that would prove to be such, by the way--

Whew, thanks for letting us know, Akai Ryu! Because, you know, we asked for your opinion on how original everyone here was(rather than say, ONE person whom you were responding to).

I'd say that's at least a "pinnacle of irony" when you speak of "childishness".

Perhaps you can introduce us to some of this originality you can't seem to find here.

I went back up and read what I wrote--it has been a couple of days. Sure enough, it seems you have taken what I wrote out of context and applied your own interpretation to it. It turns out it was part of a direct response to Bale, when I saw what he had written concerning myself since Tarot had quoted him:

Quote:
Red Dragon...nice internet handle, pinnacle of originality there.

He then goes on to accuse me of being an alternate account--probably intending to get Doctor X and myself kicked out of here, since that is a bannable offense.

That slap was directly intended for BALE, but if you wish to apply it to yourself, far be it from me to stop you from doing so.
:skewl:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:32 AM 

Quote:
Hmm, since Tarot was nice enough to quote all that, I guess I could respond to it.

Without giving too much away, because I value my privacy--I am not Doctor X's sock nor anyone else's. He certainly does not need a sock to validate anything he has written on the previous twenty pages. The posts definitely stand on their own. Because you do not like the information he has presented to you, you chose to jump all over him. Your choice, but that is your loss, because there is a lot to learn from those words if you choose to do this.

As far as my chosen screen-name, not that it is anyone's business, but it refers to the plant that is also my chosen avatar. It is a type of Dionaea muscipula, or Venus Flytrap--usually abbreviated to VFT. It is called Akai Ryu because it is an all dark-red form-- a cultivar originally grown at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens. It is one of my favourites of the carnivorous plants, which has been a serious hobby of mine for quite some time. So, "pinnacle of originality" or no--and I have not seen much here lately that would prove to be such, by the way--THAT is the reason for my chosen screen-name.

I took some shots at a couple of you because frankly, there is a lot of childish behaviour going on here, because you did not agree with some facts and information that was presented to you, and I note that the behaviour continues with your baseless accusation of me being a sock. I am sure that Tarot or the other Admins have ways of verifying this if they so choose, and I have absolutely no problem with that.

But you can keep on accusing me of being a sock for all I care. I cannot read your words unless they are quoted anyway.

hth.

There's the whole context for ya.

The fact that you were generally responding to Bale doesn't erase the fact that you said "and I have not seen much here lately". Where else could "here" be? There is no "not much here by YOU", just "not much here" period. You didn't suggest it was any one person there, it was a general statement. Much the same as if I say "Bale you're a dumbass.(directing at him) There is no ball on the basketball court." is much different than "There is no ball that Bale owns on the basketball court."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:42 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Quote:
He then goes on to accuse me of being an alternate account--probably intending to get Doctor X and myself kicked out of here, since that is a bannable offense.

I could care less if you're Doctor X on a second account or just another one of his kneepad wearing friends from his circle jerk of friends, because quite honestly it still doesn't change the fact that both he and yourself are in the minority around here. There is only one thing worse then being an unoriginal bastard like Doctor X, and that's being the follower of an unoriginal bastard.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:45 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

I would also like to congratulate Doctor X on hitting 350 Posts in 43 Days...270 Posts in this thread alone. Does he get a pretty prize?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:44 AM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

I did some more investigating, as the issue was brought up again. The two in question are not the same person, this issue should not be brought up again :skewl: (please for the love of god so I can stop reading this awful thread)

Lou

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:46 PM 

Venen:

All of this unseemly waffling; a Gentleman would simply apologize sincerely.

--J.D.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:20 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

DoctorX wrote:
Venen:

--J.D.

Oh that is the greatest piece of comedy I've seen thus far...Doctor X telling someone they should apologize for something...the laughs never stop.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:58 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Quote:
I did some more investigating, as the issue was brought up again. The two in question are not the same person, this issue should not be brought up again :skewl: (please for the love of god so I can stop reading this awful thread)

I didnt know this was bannable...

Was meant more as a joke, but in reality, dont think i care enough otherwise. Just seemed coincidental.

Who's to say he doesnt have 2 browsers using 2 different internet proxies? :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:59 PM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

There is no 100% way, and part of the info used to determine this, I can't share for privacy reasons :p

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:02 PM 

I am unaware how one can be "forced" to read a thread.

Mayhaps Tarot is correct--at least in that Child's case--no free will!

Nevertheless, gratifying to know the information disturbs whomever it is so . . . like the delightful sound of a child throwing all of his toys from his pram.

Delicious.

--J.D.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:26 PM 
What does this button do?
What does this button do?

Quote:
Nevertheless, gratifying to know the information disturbs whomever it is so

It isn't the information, it is the Sophomoric attitude and delivery of the person using it. I'd say the person that is really acting childlike in this thread is the person calling names ( Dr X) and ignoring arguments that destroy his points. Lalalala I can't hear you!! is what a child does. Thread boredom set in 15 pages ago, now we are just beating a not so dead horse.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:08 PM 
I've pwned over 300 times!
I've pwned over 300 times!

Personally, I've been pretty amused by this thread. I had a post ready a couple of days ago, but it got eaten because the board was doing some type of update. I didn't bother to try to reconstitute it. I did thoroughly enjoy the pathetic attempt to respond to my previous comment though, paraphrased - I know you are but what am I?. My comment wasn't even specifically directed at any single person, but one person in particular certainly had a response.

Tarot started the thread by asking for a specific response or input from others.

tarot wrote:
I'm just curious what others think of it. And of those of you who are Christians, do you believe in hell and if so, what is it in your belief? And how do you reconcile it's existence with your other beliefs?

Arguing about the authorship, validity, translations and interpretations of a book which consists of nothing more but repeatedly edited oral traditions recorded long after the actual events is pointless, IMO. I've pointed out before that Thomas Paine's "The Age of Reason" is a very interesting read dealing specifically with that subject. Furthermore, the bickering does little to address Tarot's original post. Unless, of course, you identify yourself as a Christian and wish to address those points as the basis of reconciliation between belief in a "Hell" and your other Christian beliefs.

One thing I did notice in the recent posts prompted me to post again.
digilos wrote:
please for the love of god so I can stop reading this awful thread

doctorX wrote:
I am unaware how one can be "forced" to read a thread.

Where did the quoted "forced" come from?

As far as being "forced" to read a thread, a conscientious moderator will read every post in a thread where the potential for posting violations exist, such as one in which participants are being less than mature.

My previous post contained some descriptive words, ones which someone evidently took personally.
(definitions from Merriam-Webster)
Condescending.
Quote:
1 : voluntary descent from one's rank or dignity in relations with an inferior
2 : patronizing attitude or behavior

The first is the position taken, the second is a more accurate definition in this case, IMO.

My own observations and the facts contained within this thread support that description, IMO.

Self-aggrandizing.
Quote:
1 : to make great or greater : increase, enlarge<aggrandize an estate>
2 : to make appear great or greater : praise highly
3 : to enhance the power, wealth, position, or reputation of <exploited the situation to aggrandize himself> (definition of aggrandizing)

The first is inapplicable, IMO. The second is the most accurate, IMO.

Ditto, IMO.

Pendantic.
Quote:
1 : of, relating to, or being a pedant
2 : narrowly, stodgily, and often ostentatiously learned
3 : unimaginative, pedestrian

Three for three! Woot!

Pedant.
Quote:
1obsolete : a male schoolteacher
2 a: one who makes a show of knowledge b: one who is unimaginative or who unduly emphasizes minutiae in the presentation or use of knowledge c: a formalist or precisionist in teaching

Damn, the first one is obsolete. The second one hits the bullseye though, IMO.

Ditto again, IMO.

Finally, drama queen. No definition necessary in this venue and both accurate and applicable, IMO.

I hope the content of posts improves from the all too increasingly frequent "neener, neener I can't see your posts" and " STFU and LEAVE US ALONE".

None of which has much of anything to do with the original post.

In your opinion, is there a Hell? Yes or No, plain and simple. If yes, what would possibly merit an eternity of torment? And especially if a proclaimed Christian, how do you reconcile a belief in Hell with your other Christian beliefs?

tarot wrote:
I don't know. It is after all, only a matter of opinion, there's really no answer other than personal opinion there.

I think Tarot has said it all right there. Personally, I see very little difference in basing that opinion on a general, even inaccurate, understanding of a book of fiction and an indepth, intelligent (?), educated and researched understanding of the same book.

One thing I'm am very sure of in this situation. Someone is deriving an enormous amount of enjoyment from the responses of some people, otherwise that person would not have racked up such an exorbitant post count in such a short time.

I wish there was such a response about some things going on in the real world at the present time.

Oh, add one more descriptive term - pathetic.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:43 PM 

sijandistraightarrow wrote:
Arguing about the authorship, validity, translations and interpretations of a book. . . .

When one bases his beliefs on such then such becomes rather relevant. This has been explained before. Did you miss it when you read the thread?

Quote:
. . . which consists of nothing more but repeatedly edited oral traditions. . . .

There is little evidence of orality in the HB and NT texts--other than specific songs and poems obviously.

Quote:
. . . recorded long after the actual events is pointless, . . .

Depends on the text. Much of what some are grasping at--claiming it is "in the Bible"--and they know because they have "actually read the Bible"--is not contained in the biblical texts but are contained in the extrabiblical works such as 1 Enoch and Jubilees which have references contemporary to their authorship, and both seem quite influenced by Zoroastrianism.

Of course, much of that was also explained previously. Did you miss that as well in your reading?

Or did you just decide to pretend you had something profound to write, as in this embarrassing case:

Quote:
Where did the quoted "forced" come from?

Whatever is preventing him from doing what he wishes to do.

Blathers on a lot of irrelevance.

To be a pendant you have to at least be correct. To do that, you have to have read the thread. Otherwise, you are pontificating.

Try again.

However, I must suggest you actually read the thread before you do so.

You would not wish to continue to appear pathetic.

--J.D.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:09 PM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

Sijandistraightarrow, I'm pretty sure he wasn't responding to me, as I've been on his ignore since my little "Girly Mon" group with the group's avatar being Arnie's picture..

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:24 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

Has numbnuts not realized yet the bible isn't the source of faith yet?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:55 PM 

Quote:

Errr, that's exactly what I was thinking Akai Ryu should do. He has 3 options available to him:

A) It was an "error of the tongue, not the heart" <tm Trent Lott>, and he apologizes for it coming out in a way which he did not intend.
B) He continues to try and spin it into a statement it's very clearly not.
C) He apologizes for his statement straight up.

Me apologize? All I did was quote his words. Heck, if it was me and I didnt even mean it that way I would at the very least apologize for not adding in "Bale's comments" as a qualification and leaving it wide open for interpretation. It doesn't matter what you "meant", all that matters is what you wrote here. Which was: "and I have not seen much here lately that would prove to be such, by the way--". No mention of Khameir or Bale. Just "here".

I have a hard time taking someone's word for it anyway when they come on here preaching against "childishness" and at the same time calling someone whom they do not know a "retard". The statement I quoted just seems to fit the bill.

You come on here without engaging in any thoughtful discussion and right off the bat with your first two posts consisting of "you're a waste of his time" and "the fact that you're a retard" and you expect people to not respond in kind?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:09 AM 

Venen wrote:
Errr, that's exactly what I was thinking Akai Ryu should do.

Why?

You are the one who fucked up.

--J.D.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next