It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:32 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:54 PM 

We had some interesting times in the Lanys days. I really wish by some weird chance that same community could end up on a game together again. That was a lot of fun. Sometimes the drama was a bit silly and the hate was definitely unnecessary but I guess we were all a lot younger and enjoyed that kind of thing. Maybe we didn't think as much back then. Whatever it was some of you guys could come up with the best things I have ever read. Pretty funny stuff.

Muli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:30 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

I just want to say that I do appreciate your being willing to discuss the decision. There are countless mods and admins out there that simply say "it's done, don't talk about it".

Hope I didn't sound like I was trolling or mod bashing, just wanted to throw in my 2 cents on it.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:03 PM 
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage

EQ1: Golliwog
WoW: Rileigh
Fribur wrote:
That locked thread is proof enough we still need moderators.

I dunno, I'm not so sure the thread needed to be locked.

I mean bring RL issues into the boards, like .... what? What else is there, half of us don't play games any more, and those of us that do are playing different games. All we really HAVE to talk about is real life.

The reason most of us are here right now is because of the community we built together years ago. That included events that included certain people for both good and bad. Countless people have been bashed on here that haven't been around to defend themselves, boo hoo (I believe the iris thread has some bashing posts in it).

My point I guess is that we're going to inevitably bring up events from the past which brought us together in the first place, both the good and the bad. You can't really censor that.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:40 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
In the grand scheme of things, does it really matter that it was locked? Is it really worth saying "I'm not so sure" that it should have been locked? Obviously, even you didn't know if it should or shouldn't have been locked, so why not just accept that Tarot made a judgement call and move on?

/shrug

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:01 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Quote:
Obviously, even you didn't know if it should or shouldn't have been locked, so why not just accept that Tarot made a judgement call and move on?

Even if you're on the fence, there's nothing wrong with voicing it and offering discourse /shrug.

Personally, I think we're carrying it a bit far. We're off EZBoard, and should a lawsuit or the like be threatened (and not just bullshit) Cak can make the judgement call as the owner of the site. Otherwise, there's not much else to discuss BUT personal and rl issues. The only exception is shit like personal info like CC numbers and the like, as well as credible death threats ;p

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:54 PM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

EQ1: Qindyin
WoW: Tgurok
Actually

I should've posted why I moved the first thread (which did lead to financial info) and locked it. Had I not allowed feedback on that thread it wouldn't have been as big of a deal as it was.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:56 PM 

Neesha the Necro wrote:
In the grand scheme of things, does it really matter that it was locked? Is it really worth saying "I'm not so sure" that it should have been locked? Obviously, even you didn't know if it should or shouldn't have been locked, so why not just accept that Tarot made a judgement call and move on?

/shrug

I'm not on the fence. The reason I worded it the way I did was because it all really depends on what the community wants.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:12 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

It's never been about what the community wants.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:45 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Annastazia
WoW: Gravestone
Well we know Cak wants the cok...
Neesha wants beads...
Tarot wants her headaches to go away...

What does digilos want?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:00 PM 

digilos wrote:
Actually

I should've posted why I moved the first thread (which did lead to financial info) and locked it. Had I not allowed feedback on that thread it wouldn't have been as big of a deal as it was.

I have no problem with the first thread being locked (I never even saw it, but from what I understand it sounds like a very good reason).

Jateki wrote:
It's never been about what the community wants.

I stand corrected. It SHOULD be about what the community wants.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:10 PM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

The mods should have an ear to the community's desires, but ultimately it comes down to what's best for Cak, legally, financially, personally, etc etc. We all have the choice of coming here or not, and the owner and mods should have an eye towards making this a place worth coming to. But the idea of voting for what mods we want is just preposterous. Fact is mods have to do unpopular shit from time to time, and the last thing they need is a damn election to worry about.

I'm iffy on whether or not that thread should have been locked, but it's not sticking in my craw, so I'm not gonna raise a big stink. I'm fine with the Xianle shit going away again. I do agree that we need to get some rough guidelines up so that we all know what to expect.

I also agree that digilos needed to specify when he asked the xianle talk to stop whether or not it was a request, or a demand as a mod. We need to know if you got the hat on or not.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:24 PM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

It was a request as a person.

Previously, I've only used the mod hat to do one major thing, I moved a topic and you know how well that turned out for me.

Any other little actions I've taken, I documented in the posts (editing at request.. etc)

Surcam:

At the time the thread was locked, it contained enough information to give Cuukey a headache, although it should be a positive experience for him to find out said data was online. Thanks to is, he has to change his SSN and all sorts of annoying crap. Ultimately though it was his own fault IMHO.

That is why I moved the thread, when it was created it wasn't known what else was on that website, it just took a couple seconds with google to find the rest. As such it was moved.

I posted why I moved it at the top of this thread, that was an action as a moderator.

In the future, to be clear if i'm saying something as a mod (which shouldn't be often if ever really...) I'll use the tarot-esque <mod>statement</mod>

BTW: It was already stated in this thread that it was a personal request, but I got the 'sure it was, after the fact you got pwnd' line soon after.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:40 PM 
I've pwned over 300 times!

WTF is the deal? If you want to talk about some long gone naked chick from a dead server go IM/Email/Call each other and have all the good laughs you want about it. Get over it, it was only originally pulled when I said a bunch of personal info was available and either way, we have all seen the pictures and heard the stories so there isnt anything new to talk about. You guys whine about weird shit.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:44 PM 

Depx wrote:
WTF is the deal? If you want to talk about some long gone naked chick from a dead server go IM/Email/Call each other and have all the good laughs you want about it. Get over it, it was only originally pulled when I said a bunch of personal info was available and either way, we have all seen the pictures and heard the stories so there isnt anything new to talk about. You guys whine about weird shit.

I'm referring to the second thread that got locked where people were bashing Xianle.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:48 PM 

Im talking about both.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:20 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

WoW: Drajeck
There is a huge difference in attacking public figures and people from our own community. There is also a huge difference in taking cheap shots at someones looks while posting naked pictures of them, compared to saying "XYZ player sure was a jerk off back then, remember when he scammed soandso out of a BIBS?". I think everyone can clearly see the differences between the two examples, but choose to ignore them for the sake of finally getting to argue.

If this was the constitution, I would stand with you and defend your right to free speech. It's not though, it's really just a social group. If I was hanging out with my friends and someone started blasting G.W. Bush, or the Daily Show or whatever, I wouldn't really care even if I dissagreed. If they started talking about someone who used to hang out with us, but didn't anymore (even if I didn't like them back then) and trashing them in the way the locked thread was, I'd be looking for the door and some new friends. If people really contend that they can't see that the respect line had been crossed, I would have to attribute that to the callousness magnification effect that the internet can have on normal people.

To sum it up for those that don't want to read all that...
I agree with the mods decision to lock the thread. On a side note, all mods should specify when making posting demands/requests if they have the mod "Hat" on at the time. That is really a minor issue from all of this though.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:56 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

A bunch of fucking Nancys

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:01 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Quote:

And these are the whiny pussies I was refering to. Right on time.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:02 PM 
The New Iris - Never Forget

haha wow :P this turned out interesting.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:23 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

honestly, i am quite sure that xianle could give a damn that people on a message board she no longer visits are making fun of her nude pics that were posted by her/of her. if people really cared what other people said about them on an internet message board, then they are the ones with the problem... not the person making the post.

i have said and posted a lot of dumb stuff on these boards. shrug. i can laugh at myself for some of the things, and others can too. we all have- givin, bzalthek, tarot, bagsworth, dolalin, fribur, nimloth, elessar, orme....... everyone has. if i care what other people reply about a post or thread, then i need to seek professional help. hell, some of the replies i laugh at cause they are funny.

the thread should have been locked/deleted cause of the sensitive information about personal attributes. 100% agree. although, it should not have been locked because some people were getting a chuckle out of an actual fact that happened years ago.

and in closing..... i digress. i am going to go consider re-installing everquest again and re-opening my account...

-cc

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:40 PM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
Of course you are, and (still) no one gives a fuck.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:54 PM 

Givin Wetwillies wrote:
Quote:

And these are the whiny pussies I was refering to. Right on time.

No youre wrong dumb ass. Hell I looked up the pics and had a good laugh remembering it from how ever long ago that was. I could care less about how she feels about it or that you make fun of her or anything else. To care that you cant rehash it on a message board years later when no one cares about it is lame, and youre one of the whiny bitches Im talking about, right on time.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:15 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

Quote:
if people really cared what other people said about them on an internet message board, then they are the ones with the problem

I find it odd how many people claim this when it couldn't be farther from the truth. I could list countless examples by almost every poster on this board that supports the idea they care what people think. They may not change what they say because of it, but that is significantly different than true indifference.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:52 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

This message board needs an enema

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:56 AM 

Quote:
I find it odd how many people claim this when it couldn't be farther from the truth. I could list countless examples by almost every poster on this board that supports the idea they care what people think. They may not change what they say because of it, but that is significantly different than true indifference.

I'd actually be interested in seeing some of these examples. Personally, I'd find it pretty difficult to tell from mere words posted without facial expressions, attitudes, etc witnessed in real life.

I would guess that one of your examples might be responding vigorously to flames, thereby signifying that the person cares. But this could just as easily be attributed to either argumentative nature, a thirst for debate, or simple entertainment value(God knows how many flames have been started on the latter factor).

I'd still be interested in seeing some of those examples though. In terms of Xianle's situation, I could easily see why someone would take that much more personally than simple words versus words.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:39 AM 

I would guess that there are at least a few people that spellcheck and choose their words carefully because they don't want the argument to degenerate into a grammar-fest. If you can skip over those flames - *especially* on places like the WoW boards, you've just skipped over 50 posts worth of boringness(including the words chosen carefully bit, not just spellchecking).

Quote:
If you don't care what others think of you, why even bother communicating with them. What a fucking waste of time talking to people who don't mean shit to you. I can't even think of a reason to voluntarily post on a messageboard if that were the case.

I think if this were the case most of us probably wouldn't have jumped onto any message board in the first place. As an example, I recently joined a political discussion group where I don't know a single person. I'm fairly confident I don't care much about what they say, but I still want to discuss things because they seem interesting enough to hold conversations with. We share a common interest there, but that doesn't mean I care about what they say - I don't even know them, but there's a perfectly good reason to keep posting there.

Getting entertainment value/enjoying debate != caring what someone has to say about you. It's simply too big of an assumption, and too much mind-reading.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:42 AM 

Oh, and no you don't have a problem =) I'm just saying not everyone is the same about it, not that anyone is better or worse off because of it.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:06 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Draagun Dwarvepunter
WoW: Draagun
I think one "mod" would be enough to police the retardedness.

Such as internet spam.

Other than that, I don't care for the moderation. I think it is unnecessary and just a way for some people to feel like their day has meaning.

For the most part, we are civil and understand "the rules". I don't think we need anybody policing the occasional naked pic or "off limit topic".

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:18 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

I'd like to say some mean shit about Leolan. So, this is to Leo: Please make your presence known so i know that you are here to defend yourself.

Thanks

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:13 AM 

Quote:
No youre wrong dumb ass. Hell I looked up the pics and had a good laugh remembering it from how ever long ago that was. I could care less about how she feels about it or that you make fun of her or anything else. To care that you cant rehash it on a message board years later when no one cares about it is lame, and youre one of the whiny bitches Im talking about, right on time.

When I need or want you to regulate what I can and can not talk about here, i'll make sure to send you the memo. Untill that time you could go make a CSI meat bullet and off yourself for all I care. Can we at least rehash memories when twatsockets like you didn't post here on the forums? Go back to the fucking politics forum. At least there you have a saftey net to catch you.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:37 AM 

Givin Wetwillies wrote:
Quote:

When I need or want you to regulate what I can and can not talk about here, i'll make sure to send you the memo. Untill that time you could go make a CSI meat bullet and off yourself for all I care. Can we at least rehash memories when twatsockets like you didn't post here on the forums? Go back to the fucking politics forum. At least there you have a saftey net to catch you.

Its hard to reply to someone that doesnt know what theyre talking about, but Ill run off to politics forum where I obviously only post at. And you can rehash like the whole year of Lanys forum stuff I missed before I started playing EQ. Once again, I dont care whats talked about, but you can shut the fuck up about not being able to talk about one thing in the whole world that you must hold deep emotional bonds for, and move on.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:10 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

Venen wrote:
Quote:
I'd actually be interested in seeing some of these examples. Personally, I'd find it pretty difficult to tell from mere words posted without facial expressions, attitudes, etc witnessed in real life.

Ok.

Venen wrote:
Quote:
Sshaaz definitely summed it up. Those were the types of people I really looked up to in EQ.

To me, when I receive a tell like that it's practically the most relaxing thing in the world.

Looking up to anyone or feeling any emotional response to tells (either good or bad) cannot happen without assigning some value to those people.

Venen wrote:
Quote:
Actually, I think we'd rather you left.

What's your beef with randy, anyway? I can't remember the last time he's posted something even remotely offensive to someone who didn't deserve it.

A different kind of example, but I would draw from this that your desire to defend another poster implies that you feel there is a reason to defend them. You wouldn't think there was any value to this defense if you didn't place some value on the board yourself. You're sympathetic to Randy in this instance because you can relate by knowing you wouldn't want the same thing to happen to you.

Also, though it's not board related I will give an example that most can relate to. At work, the number 1 listed reason for employees quitting a job is not compensation, it is lack of appreciation. Give someone a $500 bonus check in June and you will most likely see no change in performance, because it is only money. Mail a hand written letter home to that same employee, that their family can see, thanking them for a specific task they helped complete and what that meant to the company and you will DEFINATELY see a difference immediately. This happens even if the employee has never even directly met you, because even in that case, people just want to know they are appreciated. That in itself requires caring what others think. Now if you actually ask people in work today if they would rather have a thank you note or $500, no one will pick the thank you note. What we say and how we actually tick are two different things though.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:28 AM 

Depx wrote:

So what you're saying is that 25% of the posts probably on this board bringing up old times from EQ are lame, because no one cares about that anymore? lol.

I'm sorry, but a person being a retard back then is still funny to remember now, just like it was back then.

And as to your original post regarding taking it to ims/phone whatever. Why would we do that when we have a perfectly good message board sitting right here for that exact reason?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:43 AM 

Im saying this because the topic is closed. Im saying this because people are whining that they cant talk about this topic like its the end of the world. Thats it. Rehashing stuff is fine, I read the thread, looked up the pics, had a good laugh, but its over and the mods dont want the thread around, so move on. Thats all Im saying. People love to throw fits over how things are modded. Its been going on since the old ezboard was open, and itll never end. I dont think you realize, Im not on the mods side or the other side. I think the mods get way too serious like its their life when someone questions them, and other people throw fits when things get modded. I just know which side is going to win, so you guys might as well stop whining.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:43 AM 

The original person you quoted was referring to "if people really cared to what other people said about them", not just "caring about what people think" in general. I assumed that's what you meant by it when you quoted the person and said that, so correct me if that's not what you meant.

By that standard, neither of your examples fit the bill. In example one, looking up to someone or assigning value to them says nothing about whether I care what people say about me specifically. In example two, suggesting that I place value on myself because I defend someone is nothing more than an assumption. Why would I need to care about myself in order to defend someone? Suggesting that I "don't want it" to happen to me solely based on my defending him is also an assumption. There's no logical connection between the two. On the contrary it often makes for some good times(from my perspective anyway).

I think your third example falls short as well. Not only does it depend on the people and company in question, but also the fact that the internet contains such anonymity. The actual actions you did at work you did with your own work effort, regardless of whether you knew the person or not. That said person noticed you did it.

But also, given that we were talking about Xianle and all, I was thinking more of a negative context. I don't think we could assume that just because someone reacts positively to positive talk about them we can automatically jump to the conclusion that they react negatively to negative talk. I think interaction with countless turds for years on end ends up developing a certain immunity to negative talk, behind the back or otherwise. On the internet you see much more of it(especially in gaming) because it's one of the places you're going to encounter kiddies, as opposed to the real life adult world. When you get a positive remark, you automatically lower your defenses.

So in sum, yea, I'd agree that I along with others probably care about what people say in the positive sense. But even then I would caution to say - sometimes, not always. There are still people who see a complete, absolute disconnect between the real world and anything said on the internet.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:44 AM 

Oops, above response meant for Drajeck(just for clarity, not because I care! =p ).

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:53 AM 

Depx wrote:
Im saying this because the topic is closed. Im saying this because people are whining that they cant talk about this topic like its the end of the world. Thats it. Rehashing stuff is fine, I read the thread, looked up the pics, had a good laugh, but its over and the mods dont want the thread around, so move on. Thats all Im saying. People love to throw fits over how things are modded. Its been going on since the old ezboard was open, and itll never end. I dont think you realize, Im not on the mods side or the other side. I think the mods get way too serious like its their life when someone questions them, and other people throw fits when things get modded. I just know which side is going to win, so you guys might as well stop whining.

So you're saying that we should just let the mods decide everything we can and can't talk about and just accept that? Like.... What?! lol

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:56 AM 

Quote:
Its hard to reply to someone that doesnt know what theyre talking about, but Ill run off to politics forum where I obviously only post at. And you can rehash like the whole year of Lanys forum stuff I missed before I started playing EQ.

Again you ignorant fuck, you're making it out as if thats all we do is come here and talk about shit like this and we finally got cut off. Honestly it's a shame we dont, it happens to be a fuckload more interesting that the constant cunt dribble you faggots spew.

It was two posts. Followed by a "oh yeah ahahhahaa, I remember that" one. And from that, it was over. We aren't the ones who made a big deal of it. Quite frankly if you prudish motherfucks hadn't said anything it would have quietly passed on by now.

And it was handled. And it was explained.

If you seriously don't give a shit whats talked about, take your own advice and stay the fuck out of it. Shit for brains. The whole thing was taken care of for the reason you wanted it to be, or at least said you did. For real. Are you fucking her in real life? She suck you off for some blow or did you snort a line out of her ass crack? Again, when I need you to define what can and can not be spoken around here i'll come for your opinion. Until that time, fuck you and i'll talk about it now just to spite you.

Quote:
I dont care whats talked about, but you can shut the fuck up about not being able to talk about one thing in the whole world that you must hold deep emotional bonds for, and move on.

Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:09 AM 

Givin Wetwillies wrote:
Quote:
Its hard to reply to someone that doesnt know what theyre talking about, but Ill run off to politics forum where I obviously only post at. And you can rehash like the whole year of Lanys forum stuff I missed before I started playing EQ.

Again you ignorant fuck, you're making it out as if thats all we do is come here and talk about shit like this and we finally got cut off. Honestly it's a shame we dont, it happens to be a fuckload more interesting that the constant cunt dribble you faggots spew.

It was two posts. Followed by a "oh yeah ahahhahaa, I remember that" one. And from that, it was over. We aren't the ones who made a big deal of it. Quite frankly if you prudish motherfucks hadn't said anything it would have quietly passed on by now.

And it was handled. And it was explained.

If you seriously don't give a shit whats talked about, take your own advice and stay the fuck out of it. Shit for brains. The whole thing was taken care of for the reason you wanted it to be, or at least said you did. For real. Are you fucking her in real life? She suck you off for some blow or did you snort a line out of her ass crack? Again, when I need you to define what can and can not be spoken around here i'll come for your opinion. Until that time, fuck you and i'll talk about it now just to spite you.

Quote:
I dont care whats talked about, but you can shut the fuck up about not being able to talk about one thing in the whole world that you must hold deep emotional bonds for, and move on.

Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

I knew I could get you going, but youre still wrong. My prudish ass said something about the personal info (Student loan info, names, numbers, etc) and didnt even say that the thread should be closed. I do think it was good to take it off for that reason though as I wouldnt want anyones personal info out there for people to see, even yours. After Cuukey fixed his things the thread could of continued and thatd be fine with me, but it didnt, so shut up already. I know youre going to keep going though, and so will I cause Im having fun now.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:22 AM 

Are you a rodeo clown in real life too? Because all you seem to enjoy is being beaten around for no reason other than everyone elses entertainment.

I love each and every one of you Duke of Nuke clones. The constant "i don't cares" and the "huk huk i'm havin funs common tough guy what else you got". Know that if I had a Delorian, i'd make sure to stop at Wal-Mart before going back in time and pick up a coat hanger for each and every one of your mothers. How I wish since that thread closed, that you could have been a titty fuck instead winning the race.

It did get locked. I just moved the battlefield. Unfortunatly you're the only one around here that doesn't know what it was about in the first place. Fortunatly it doesn't take a lot of understanding and ability to hide inside a barrel and let a giant bull slam into you tho.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:40 AM 

You still cant read, and youre just trying to belittle me and its not working. I can be a Duke of Nuke clone if thats what I am, as long as you continue to call me as many names as possible and not have a fucking clue about what youre talking about. And I guess you need to explain what this is really about since Im clueless. Its probably about you whining just to whine, but I could be wrong.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:58 AM 

It was about mods locking that thread under the assumption it was over making fun of some drunk bitch on the internet. And we got our explanation and it ended at that.

Unfortunatly people think its wrong and tactless that said drunk bitch can't or doesn't post here to defend herself for being a drunk bitch years ago at a cookout and projectile vomiting everywhere before being carted the fuck off that only a handfull of people remember anyway.

Now its about some shitrag {I.E. you} who didn't, or can't, take your pick which, see that is exactly what happened and insists on leading a one man campaign against all the people who dare seek to remember anything that ever happened since posting on this forum, real life happenings or not.

Or in other words, you're being stupid and popping for quick and cheap entertainment as you toll away at work or what have you to make the day go by faster.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:23 AM 

Depx wrote:

This pretty much covers what Im trying to tell you, you insist that I want to protect xianle or that its old news, but I dont care about that. Im just tired of the whining every time a thread gets closed, or moved. Even that whole thing (music thread?) that surcam threw a fit about when digilos moved it. People always cry when mods close threads, move threads, rearrange a forum, etc. I dont always agree either, but its not like it really matters. Like I think you said early in the thread, no one will care in a few days about xianle. No one will care about this thread either, but here we are anyways, so oh well. I only started in on you to begin with when you didnt understand what I was saying using your name calling shtick. In a few days no one will care that we had this argument. Thats just how it goes, unless of course one of us wants to put up naked pics of ourselves or some other crazy thing. Then maybe we will rehash this 5 years from now, but I dont think thats going to happen.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:26 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Annastazia
WoW: Gravestone
extra butter on my popcorn please!

Givin gone wild, it always serves to make me smile.

Just imagine if he tried.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:27 AM 
Bridge Dweller

If no one complained about stupid shit here then there'd be no threads or talking at all.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:05 AM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

Okay, now I'm curious. PM me a link to these infamous pics please!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:14 AM 

Depx wrote:

This pretty much covers what Im trying to tell you, you insist that I want to protect xianle or that its old news, but I dont care about that. Im just tired of the whining every time a thread gets closed, or moved. Even that whole thing (music thread?) that surcam threw a fit about when digilos moved it. People always cry when mods close threads, move threads, rearrange a forum, etc. I dont always agree either, but its not like it really matters. Like I think you said early in the thread, no one will care in a few days about xianle. No one will care about this thread either, but here we are anyways, so oh well. I only started in on you to begin with when you didnt understand what I was saying using your name calling shtick. In a few days no one will care that we had this argument. Thats just how it goes, unless of course one of us wants to put up naked pics of ourselves or some other crazy thing. Then maybe we will rehash this 5 years from now, but I dont think thats going to happen.

The point is... If something reminds me of someone I hated in the past and I want to express how much I hated them I should be allowed to, and not have the thread locked simply because the person isn't here to defend themselves. In the VERY thread we're posting on people have based Aste, he/she isn't here to defend themself. So to me it just seems like some of the mods may have happened to liked Xianle for whatever reason and thus the locking.

Now the person information of course is a completely different matter.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:20 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Quote:
since Im clueless

Indeed[/quote]

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:54 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Quote:
The point is... If something reminds me of someone I hated in the past and I want to express how much I hated them I should be allowed to, and not have the thread locked simply because the person isn't here to defend themselves. In the VERY thread we're posting on people have based Aste, he/she isn't here to defend themself. So to me it just seems like some of the mods may have happened to liked Xianle for whatever reason and thus the locking.

You can bash all you want. However, if you feel the need to do so in order to justify your sad lives, I feel the need to call you out on being a douchebag who hasn't the slightest clue on the difference between being a dick on a message board and being a genuinely cruel, pathetic individual.

Dig around a bit and I'm sure you'll see a common theme/personality trait with the people who are thinking it's cool and funny to bash Xianle. When you go from "jesus, I couldn't stand that bitch" to "she's an ugly cunt who I hope gets murdered while walking the streets of Houston," you are crossing the line in my opinion.

That's just my opinion, of course, you other losers are entitled to your opinions as well. I never called for the thread to be locked (I didn't really see a reason to do it, honestly). I just thought the comments were in poor taste and I said so. I called out douchebags for being douchebags. It wasn't some "the mods like Xianle so they are protecting her" bullshit. I seriously doubt Tarot gives two shits about Xianle, she just felt that the thread was going nowhere (I assume) and locked it. We are still talking about pretty much the same shit as in the thread anyway, and this hasn't been locked so who gives a fuck that she locked the other thread?

You bitches that are whining about it are just doing it because you are bitches and for no other reason. is your life somehow devoid of meaning because Tarot decided to lock a thread? Are you sad because she did it without your permission? If you really care that much about a locked thread or a moved thread, find another fucking hobby. Make your point and move on. Harping on it repeatedly only makes you look like more of a pathetic, whiny douchebag than you already look.

ps: If you think the "you" I am referring to is YOU, then it probably is.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:14 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

We all cant be online man-cunts like Neesha who date super models now can we

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:25 PM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

we can wish though

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:37 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

ImageImage

Neesha has his own TV show now, of course he gets all the hot chicks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trailer_park_boys

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:41 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Neesha the Necro wrote:
Quote:

You can bash all you want. However, if you feel the need to do so in order to justify your sad lives, I feel the need to call you out on being a douchebag who hasn't the slightest clue on the difference between being a dick on a message board and being a genuinely cruel, pathetic individual.

Dig around a bit and I'm sure you'll see a common theme/personality trait with the people who are thinking it's cool and funny to bash Xianle. When you go from "jesus, I couldn't stand that bitch" to "she's an ugly cunt who I hope gets murdered while walking the streets of Houston," you are crossing the line in my opinion.

That's just my opinion, of course, you other losers are entitled to your opinions as well. I never called for the thread to be locked (I didn't really see a reason to do it, honestly). I just thought the comments were in poor taste and I said so. I called out douchebags for being douchebags. It wasn't some "the mods like Xianle so they are protecting her" bullshit. I seriously doubt Tarot gives two shits about Xianle, she just felt that the thread was going nowhere (I assume) and locked it. We are still talking about pretty much the same shit as in the thread anyway, and this hasn't been locked so who gives a fuck that she locked the other thread?

You bitches that are whining about it are just doing it because you are bitches and for no other reason. is your life somehow devoid of meaning because Tarot decided to lock a thread? Are you sad because she did it without your permission? If you really care that much about a locked thread or a moved thread, find another fucking hobby. Make your point and move on. Harping on it repeatedly only makes you look like more of a pathetic, whiny douchebag than you already look.

I can't help but point out the irony of this coming from you, when of all the posts I've ever seen made on the Lanys forums, some of the most downright mean ones have come from you. Sure you may consider such instances as being a 'dick on a message board' but I don't pause in calling it borderline hateful.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:47 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Ever think there are fragile people on here that don't get a woody like you do when you "try" to be big bad internet dick neesha and take offense to you? Guess what they probably think you are being genuinely "cruel" as you put it.
Yet for some odd reason I don't see you championing for their cause!!

Personal attacks have always been around and in this particular case are probably are more easily justified then most because they are actually some what fact based (well opinion based on a fact) opposed to fucking numb nuts ranting about people they have no clue about yet can't believe that not everyone is probably as pathetic as they are in life.

Some 1 thought she was ugly /gasp and you instantly attack that person saying they are ugly!!! We have argued just as retarded topics before on all walks of life and I have never seen you once care about the subject matter's personal rights etc. Personally she had zero appeal to me and what she did was fucking pathetic /gasp IR CRUEL AND AM DAMNED TO HELL!!

But don't worry i will bash on myself for being a moron for actually arguing with some one who thinks its cool to fucking sit in his little cubicle and "try" to be a big bad dick ALL day and actually brag about it. Maybe we can use you in the next Jay and Silent Bob movie!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:59 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Do I brag about being a big bad dick on the internet? That's news to me. We are all entitled to our own opinions, and in my opinion, some of you were being douchebags. I said as much in my posts, I didn't cry about it... "the humanity!!!"

I have been a douchebag on many occasions as well, and have been called out on it. At least Dolalin was clever enough to get a picutre of a dude with Down's (or whatever he has) and pretend it was me. That hasn't been done before. Oh, wait...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:03 PM 

Neesha the Necro wrote:
Quote:

I haven't seen a blatant display of hypocrisy this big on these forums since way back in the days when that Esto dude posted.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next