It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:58 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:28 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

As has been said, it really comes down to how well you can keep to your feet passed the initial swarm.

The advantage is reach and power for the adult. The advantage to the kids is the wave of midget death. Just imagine an indonesian tsunami made of 5 year olds.

If I could keep my feet after the intial rush, or get back to my feet with 10 5 year old bastards on me, I say a good 35-40. After that, it's circumstantial how much longer I'd make it. I can, in a swimming pool, wear out 3-4 ten year olds in a rough house olympics, each of them heading for the side after a good 30 minutes of 'who get's dunked, who get's thrown'. Kids have lots of endurance for kid stuff, but start tossing them about, they wear quickly.

Negating any morality, as long as you can take a bunch out at distance, like throwing the bodies of the closest one's at the furthest ones, you stand a good chance of keeping about 40-65% of the pack off you at any given time.

The biting would suck, but, those kids would have to have some big mouths, and find some really soft spots, to get any kind of disabling shot in. My legs legs and thighs are pretty firm from years of running, mountain bike riding, and now beach volleyball, so one of the bastards would have to get a lucky shot at my achilles tendon to really make a bite something to worry about.

Overall, it's not strength, but endurance. Hell, it's basically a 'green wave' from eq. Not a single high damage mob, but a metric fuckton of low damage but continuous attacks. 1 mob hitting for 1000 every 5 ticks, or 50 mobs hitting for 20 every 2 ticks. You get the point.

Regardless, 35-40 being realistic. Anything after that is just luck and a battle of wills.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:16 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

WoW: Drajeck
I thought about it some more, and I'm convinced people are underestimating the advantage training and numbers can provide. I thought up reverse scenerio that I think illustrates it though.

How many of you would it take to beat a 600lb gorilla under the listed conditions? The physical disparity is about the same. I think 8-10 adult males working collectively would get the job done.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:33 AM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:53 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
Quote:
The kids receive one day of training from hand-to-hand combat experts who will train them specifically to team up to take down one adult.

Have you ever tried to teach a five year-old kid all they need to know in one day? It took me weeks to get my fiver year-old basketball team to understand that they must bounce the ball.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:29 PM 
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage

EQ1: Golliwog
WoW: Rileigh
Drajeck wrote:
I thought about it some more, and I'm convinced people are underestimating the advantage training and numbers can provide. I thought up reverse scenerio that I think illustrates it though.

How many of you would it take to beat a 600lb gorilla under the listed conditions? The physical disparity is about the same. I think 8-10 adult males working collectively would get the job done.

I would say less depending on the circumstances. But 5 year olds don't exactly think the same way that a full grown adult does.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:05 PM 

Also, id say that a full grown adult would do more damage per shot to the gorilla than a 5 year old could do to an adult.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:18 PM 

Quote:
Also, id say that a full grown adult would do more damage per shot to the gorilla than a 5 year old could do to an adult.

Agreed. The gorilla has a lot of bulk but at the very least an adult has greater access to vulnerable areas(or at the very least the gorilla has less of a height advantage) in comparison to the 5 year old versus adult.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:06 PM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

You crack me the fuck up Duke. Funny shit.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:09 PM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

I should be specific.

Quote:
My legs legs and thighs are pretty firm from years of running, mountain bike riding, and now beach volleyball

Funny only because it's you. Play on playa.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:06 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
By "running, mountain bike riding, and now beach volleyball" he obviously means playing DDR and running to the shitter in-between pulls on his raids.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:34 AM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

I would say that women might have better luck at this than guys. They don't have the raw physical strength, but they also don't have dangling bits within 5 year old reach...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:42 AM 

Thus the part about the cup in the beginning.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:11 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

SurcamStances wrote:
I should be specific.

Quote:
My legs legs and thighs are pretty firm from years of running, mountain bike riding, and now beach volleyball

Funny only because it's you. Play on playa.

Neeshathephonesupportprofessional wrote:
By "running, mountain bike riding, and now beach volleyball" he obviously means playing DDR and running to the shitter in-between pulls on his raids.

Riiight. Because I play video games so much now...

I fail to see how some of you think it's not possible for a person to have a life, and keep themselves in shape, and actually be active, just because they post, very infrequently, on a message board.

Feel free to believe what you will. Your misconceptions are your own personal thoughts. I'll stick with having fun on the beach.[/quote]

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:12 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Quote:
I fail to see how some of you think it's not possible for a person to have a life, and keep themselves in shape, and actually be active, just because they post, very infrequently, on a message board.

To be clear, that's not at all what I'm laughing at. It's all good though homie, as I said, play on playa.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:28 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Draagun Dwarvepunter
WoW: Draagun
We should start a football team from lanys.. everybody here is 6'0+ and 250+

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:23 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

Nope sorry, 5'10" 230.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:36 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

6'2" 235. I tackled one of those padded dummies in high school phys ed, can I join?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:43 PM 

5' 7" 245. Dont make me squash you like a bug!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:46 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

WoW: Drajeck
5'10" 220 lbs here too, just need to rearrange 40 of the pounds before any real action.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:56 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Again...limited time to train and the brain of a 5 year old isn't going to yield the results some of you suggest.

I definitely think the test would yield a wide range of results depending on a combination of the factors we have discussed earlier.

oh and you have to be pretty immobile not to prevent being completely swarmed unless you are fighting a extremely large amount of kids.

And we have plenty of 6'6 150 lb people on the board to i bet.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:00 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

rofl, 6'6" 150, the range in weight here is amazing....

I am starting to feel like im under-nourished or something, damn :P

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:15 PM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Quote:
I am starting to feel like im under-nourished or something, damn

At 6'6" 150 you gotta be.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:19 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Quote:

I totally disagree. Gorillas are insanely strong. They kill instantly kill a man of any size if it got a hold of one with any intent to kill.

I liken this to how when you were 60 lbs, you could jump off the roof of a house all day long and not be hurt at all. And then when you were 120 lbs, you could jump off once, be OK, but not want to do it again. When you are 180lbs, jumping off the same roof would cause you insane pain. When you are 220lbs+...hahahaha fucking forget it!

Taken from a gorilla fact site:

Quote:
Man is gorilla's only enemy. Because of the actions of male gorillas protecting their groups with such determination from hunters, humans developed a folklore about the ferocity of gorillas. Gorillas' defense of standing and chest-beating make them a perfect target. Like all tightly knit social groups, gorillas will defend their young. They defend them with their lives.

OK, so normally gorillas are docile. Let's say we take their baby from them and put it behind any number of men you can think of. You think any number of men is going to take down a gorilla with any amount of combat training? Yo could put the top 20 UFC combatants against a full-grown male gorilla and they would all be slaughtered.

Males are 5'6" upright and weigh upwards of 500-600lbs...of pure fucking muscle. If you have ever heard that monkeys were 3-4x stronger than humans...think of what 500-600 lbs of monkey will do to a man.

I'm not sure of the validity, but one website claims gorillas can bench press 4000 pounds.

http://healthpsych.psy.vanderbilt.edu/vegetariansm.htm

I can bench 315 lbs. You are talking about something over ten times as strong as I am. That power is insanely scary to think about when you compare how fragile the human body is when it meets forces of that amount...especially if the gorilla is motivated to do harm.

Need I even mention a gorilla's teeth?

Fuck that.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:21 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Quote:
At 6'6" 150 you gotta be.

haha, no no no... I was referring to the 6'2 220's people here...

Im 5'9" 160 :P

According to the Marines I am right where I should be.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:33 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

i am at 6'5" and 185. although that might now be closer to 190 and 195, and not from muscle either :(

-cc

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:59 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Wasn't saying i was 6'5 150 :) 6'1 225'ish maybe abit more since work has been killing me.

Weight in itself doesn't mean nearly as much as people make it in most applications.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:27 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

I was 6'5 180 a few years back... I was wicked skinny.. I looked like a crack addict.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:27 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

Im with Bello on the Gorrila thing. One of their favorite topics when fighting people, they just rip your arms off, ouch.

5'11" 190 - ive been eating middle age spread :cry:

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:27 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

tactic not topic :roll:

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:10 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
Okay quick segway here...

A friend of mine, who's real name is Brian (I'll leave him anonymous by leaving out his real name) was a drummer. An insanely good drummer. His band used to open for Motley Crue all the time at the Whiskey.

Yes, it's part of the story. Drummers are *extremely* strong, especially in arm strength. Freakishly so actually.

So he's doing this gig, and gets there early. On stage, with no one else around, is a chimp. My friend once also did insane amounts of drugs. He wondered if the chimp was real, because...it was a fucking chimp. On stage. With no one around. In human overalls.

Smoking a cigar.

So he walks up to the chimp, and it's really old, has no teeth. And it's really smoking. My friend Brian is about 6'7"-ish. I don't know his actual height except he's really really tall. And lanky. But again, freakishly strong.

And he's wearing a hat.

The chimp walks over and grabs his arm. He said it was a combination of 'HOLY SHIT' and 'Hey that's kinda cool'. Then the chimp applied downward pressure, until Brian was literally on his knees. Otherwise his arm would have been torn off. The chimp was THAT strong.

And the Chimp took his hat, undid his pants, and jerked off into his hat. Then tried to give it back to Brian. Who started screaming at around the point the chimp undid his pants.

He said later he was just really glad the chimp only wanted to violate his hat.

Turns out the chimp belonged to this trainer guy who was there to show it to another performer for use in a gig. It was an old circus chimp (which was why it was a smoker). He was also a really really old chimp, but was still insanely strong. Brian said basically that there was no way even five guy could have taken that old chimp, it was that strong. It was freaky.

So the point being (besides it being hilarious) is that I seriously doubt five people could take on a motivated male chimp. A gorilla is far bigger and stronger. While gorillas are pretty gentle and mellow, assuming one was pissed off enough to attack...I doubt 10 humans could survive it.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:22 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Tarot....did you make that up...or did you just recount the funniest fucking story ever told?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:28 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

She changed names to protect the innocent...

The truth of the matter was that Tarot was really the chimp...

:downtown:

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:05 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

OMG...Tarot jacked off in someone hat??

Ewwww...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:11 AM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

Frogggystyle wrote:
Tarot....did you make that up...or did you just recount the funniest fucking story ever told?

Seriously you should have heard this guy Brian tell that story (and yeah, it's true). It was 100x funnier. And that's not even the funniest story he ever told.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:54 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Why are you holding back? Clearly the Lanys community should be subjected to the funniest part of the story. :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:01 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

Frogggystyle wrote:
Why are you holding back? Clearly the Lanys community should be subjected to the funniest part of the story. :)

No, said that's not the funniest story he ever told. You have the entire chimp story though. As far as the funniest he ever told, hmm, be hard to pick one, and would probably depend hugely on your idea of funny. :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:25 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

I think you have a very good idea what I think is funny.

Stop avoiding....just tell us. :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:48 AM 
Noob
Noob

Tarot wrote:
Side note, this would be an interesting game to play though heh. Of course you'd probably have to make them zombies or something so people wouldn't go all apeshit about it being kids. :)

Yet it would be so easy to convince the kids to do it.

hell after you threw them around some, they would be running back asking you to DO IT AGAIN!!!!!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:47 AM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

This is one twisted topic, but the funniest thing is, it ends up with a chimp jerking off into a hat story, anyone remember hats?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:47 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:55 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Tranthas
WoW: Niali
If I'm allowed to separate a corpse and use its limbs as weapons, then 50. Otherwise, maybe 20. The effectiveness of swarm tactics on a single unarmed target cannot be over-estimated.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:17 PM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

I say you all are sick :oops:

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:27 PM 

Tranthas wrote:
If I'm allowed to separate a corpse and use its limbs as weapons, then 50. Otherwise, maybe 20. The effectiveness of swarm tactics on a single unarmed target cannot be over-estimated.

You think you would have time with a swarm of kids trying to take you down? The most you could hope for is to use one of the lighter kids as a full body club. My neice is 5 years old, and I wouldnt want to have to swing her around for long, she is big for her age. I still say it all depends on how spread out they are. As long as I can take out several per shot, from knocking the kids down into each other, in a fight for my life, I dont see myself going down till I get exausted.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:59 PM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

EQ1: Rugen Payne
WoW: Mathaen
Quote:
going down till I get exausted.

And this is why a swarm almost always wins vs. 1 person.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:02 AM 
What? Another Expansion?!
What? Another Expansion?!

Quote:

Not true. Otherwise RoTA would have been the best guild on the Lanys!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:15 AM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
Heebo wrote:
Quote:

Not true. Otherwise RoTA would have been the best guild on the Lanys!

This post is full of half truths and misinformation.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:08 AM 

rugen wrote:
Quote:
going down till I get exausted.

Well yeah, in the case of a matrix 2 type of situation where they just never stop coming eventually id go down, but the casualty rate would be horrific. Im just saying that a specific number wouldnt take me down because in the end it would come down to my exaustion as to when id lose.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:35 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

RotA was a particularly bad swarm. They couldn't raid their own snack drawer without an exploit to get it open.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:17 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Say what you want about ROTA, they were the guild on top when Lanys went down for the count.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:42 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Annastazia
WoW: Gravestone
The last one to jump ship are the rats.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:58 PM 

Far as I know they're still going on Seventh Hammer and doing fairly well. Not sure where they are on the progression list or whatever but they raid fairly frequently still I think.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:36 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

I don't know what's worse, being last to leave Everquest or calling yourselves Top Guild because of it.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:37 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

I left EQ before all you bitches.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:15 PM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

EQ1: Cakvala
WoW: Cakvala
LoL: Cakvala
RoTa is still raiding on Seventh! yay! I miss Simc and Hubby some days.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:16 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Tranthas wrote:
I don't know what's worse, being last to leave Everquest or calling yourselves Top Guild because of it.

haha, so true.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:57 PM 
Everquest Rocks!
Everquest Rocks!

I made an account just so I could respond to the artist known at Tranthas
but then realized just like I did at the end of EQ (lanys days) what's the point of talking to a brick wall no matter what I say ROA will always be the scum on the bottem of some of your shoes.

However to Say HI CAK was worth loggin in for.

IF you still play CAK you can find me on the progression server playing and I know this will shock you but a 65 cleric again also have a 54 chanter!!!

Simc

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:59 PM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

Cakvala is on Xegony in his orginal form! But alas I do not play EQ just takes to much time, so I play the lesser evil WoW on LLane / lightbringer with Oryx!

and welcome back to the board, post more! :D

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:08 PM 
Everquest Rocks!
Everquest Rocks!

I think I still have my WoW account active maybe I will stop by to say HI I just know Sola will be over joyed.

Think i'm getting sucked into VG at the end of the month by Errtai and will be playing with a really nice bunch from the progression server.

See ya soon in either WoW or VG

Btw you play EQ2? giving that a bit of a go around right now to.

Simc

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:25 PM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

Nah EQ2 didnt interest me at all, school and work I dont play more then one game at a time. :x

and well my Car has World of Warcraft Decals on it now so yeah. lol!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:33 PM 
Bridge Dweller

thats gayer than a rainbow sticker

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next