It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:10 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:41 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
I didn't write this, but it was discussed on these forums a couple of years ago, and the original discussion AFAIK was from here.

The question:

How many 5 year-olds could you take on at once?

The specifics:

- You are in an enclosed area, roughly the size of a basketball court. There are no foreign objects.
- You are not allowed to touch a wall.
- When you are knocked unconscious, you lose. When they are all knocked unconscious, they lose. Once a kid is knocked unconscious, that kid is "out."
- I (or someone else intent on seeing to it you fail) get to choose the kids from a pool that is twice the size of your magic number. The pool will be 50/50 in terms of gender and will have no discernable abnormalities in terms of demographics, other than they are all healthy Americans.
- The kids receive one day of training from hand-to-hand combat experts who will train them specifically to team up to take down one adult. You will receive one hour of "counter-tactics" training.
- There is no protective padding for any combatant other than the standard-issue cup.
* The kids are motivated enough to not get scared, regardless of the bloodshed. Even the very last one will give it his/her best to take you down.

Added by me: Also since this is fantasy, imagine there is no ethical issue. No child will actually be killed, maimed or harmed in any way. You can pretend they're robots identical to their human counterparts, or it's VR so advanced that there's no difference between the VR and reality. Whatever works for you and allows you to go to town on a room of five year olds. However they will look like 5 year old children, so that may affect you somewhat.

Additional information:

This resource discusses the physical and mental abilities of a 5 year old. I don't know how accurate it is (so don't treat it as perfect), but it may help answer basic questions (IE: weight is roughly 40 pounds. They have an adult sized head. They can bite! Etc.)

My claim is 15. I'm highly confident I could take out 15 5 year old children.

My methods, I would quickly knock one child unconscious, by grabbing its feet and swinging them either into the wall or into others. I would then use that child as a club against several other five year olds, to render them unconscious. Since five year old children aren't that light, I couldn't keep this up for long. I assume this will take out at least 6 children, including the one I'm using as a club.

The remaining 9 will be more managable as a result, and I would knock them out by throwing them or using a headlock as the others piled on. I don't think 9 could knock me out before I knocked them out.

So I claim...15.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:11 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Draagun Dwarvepunter
WoW: Draagun
Depends on how ferocious they are and how good they swarm. I doubt you would swing a 40lb kid around for too long.

I would probably kick as many as I could and stomp on their heads when I had the chance. Once down I would have to gouge eyes and just smash heads like coconuts into ground/wall.

I think 20 is practical for me - depending again on how motivated, lucky and how well they swarm.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:13 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

15 coming one at a time is easy, 15 coming as a unit with specific instructions to move as a group and overwhelm/knock you down while biting any part of your body they can reach is a different matter. The amount of damage a 5 year old can do with a bite when told to bite as hard as they can without limits...you are quickly in a world of hurt.

I'd imagine 10 or more would be very very difficult. Once 2 or 3 get their teeth into you, you're going down fast.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:17 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

I thought these might be nice for some perspective.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:20 PM 
Spider Slayer

Hmmm, I wonder how hard it'd be to rip a limb off a 5 year old. :o

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:35 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

Take it to the battle board.

Whoops thought I was on the comic book forums.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:41 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

Can I wear skin tight oiled-up latex?

with peek-a-boo nipples?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:55 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Tarot, WTF kind of sick question is this? hahaha

I sat here and thought about this. I thought of different scenarios, strategies, etc. When I fight, my adrenaline goes through the roof. I hate to come off as a braggart...but I would say at *least* 50.

The power behind one of my punches or kicks would knock out most 5-year olds...or at least hurt them so badly that it would completely take them out of commission if they didn't lose consciousness. Their throat are easy to crush, so the ones that got to close I'd simply grab them by the throat and squeeze as hard as I could. Bodies that were out of commission would be used in a manner that Tarot described...like a club. I could swing a 40-50 pounder for a little bit, then swing in circles as fast as I could (like the hammer throw) and launch him or her into a crowd of them. That would take a few out as well, I am sure.

I think their only shot at taking me out is if they were to somehow dog pile me and cut off my air supply. They would have to come from all directions while I stood in the middle of the area in order to achieve that. But, if I am mobile, I don't think they'd be able to coordinate taking me down before I knocked them unconscious when they got close enough for me to strike.

The only thing that would finally get to me is my endurance level. I can take lots and lots of pain, but if I am winded...that's it. I'd give myself about 20 minutes of all out brawl before I fell to the ground in exhaustion. Twenty minutes is a lot of time to do a lot of damage to 50+ 5-year olds.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:10 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Tyral
I agree with Bello. At least 50. Anything more than 10 wouldn't get much of a chance to hit until the others were down/pushed aside anyways. There's a limit to how many attackers can take a target before it becomes inefficient.

Depending on stamina, I may be able to go longer than it would take to knock out 50, but I wouldn't bet much on it. Rasslin' with kids is fucking tiring. lol

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:37 PM 
I am a Spaceman

Really I could take on an infinite number. First I would just change into my beast form and use my claws to maim the first few thousand to death til they were piled high into a human wall all the way to the ceiling then when new 5 years olds came they couldn't get over the wall to get to me and would starve to death. I would sustain myself feasting on the remains of those I killed, making sure not to compromise the structural integrity of the wall.

As the bodies on the first wall decayed and had their flesh eaten I would fashion their bones into a new, smaller wall inside the first ones. Using dried tendons treated with my magic saliva I would create a porticullis on one side of the inner wall so that I could periodically leave to stock up on supplies. From there on I could survive forever since I don't age when I'm in my beast form.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:06 PM 
Lois Lane!

Droma wins!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:15 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

Training the kids would be easy.... 'You opponent is the gingerbread man...you just have to bite really really hard in order to taste the cookie...if you can't taste it, bite harder....'

To survive in any fashion you could not let any kid get close to you, the will not punch, they will not kick, they just would have one overriding thought going through their head 'COOKIE!!!!'. While you are crushing the windpipe of one, 10 more are gnawing on your arms and legs like rabid animals...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:19 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Do none of you have your own children?

I have seen a grown man go down in seconds against 3 boys, one near swing to the balls and your balance goes haywire and you loose all control of balance.

I have 3 boys and 3 nephews- thats 6 kids just wanting to play... I have seen the 6 take down 4 grown men before the men knew what was going on.

You are saying 50+ kids... your gonna have the kickers, biters, low blows, pulling hair, screaming (which will make you look and miss the ambush). It isn't going to be pretty at all.

A lucky kick to a few, possible a few swings will take a few more out. After that the weight of kids jumping on your back will take you down.

Me, 5 on a good day, with luck on my side.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:46 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno

Not sure how many I could take out, but I know for a fact that I could kick that girl's ass who is in the front sitting on the teacher's lap.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:47 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

On second thought, I am pretty sure the kid with the tie sitting on the slide would go down pretty easily, too. The kid on the left in the red sweater with his hands behind his back looks like he could pose a threat, however....

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:57 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

Carolsue wrote:
Do none of you have your own children?

I have seen a grown man go down in seconds against 3 boys, one near swing to the balls and your balance goes haywire and you loose all control of balance.

I have 3 boys and 3 nephews- thats 6 kids just wanting to play... I have seen the 6 take down 4 grown men before the men knew what was going on.

You are saying 50+ kids... your gonna have the kickers, biters, low blows, pulling hair, screaming (which will make you look and miss the ambush). It isn't going to be pretty at all.

A lucky kick to a few, possible a few swings will take a few more out. After that the weight of kids jumping on your back will take you down.

Me, 5 on a good day, with luck on my side.

As was said already, normally you don't want to harm the kids, you have no ethical problems here. (Think zombies, robots, whatever works, no kid will really die otherwise we can't even consider it hehe).

Second part is in the outlined scenario, a cup is the only protection allowed. So you can't take anyone out with the kick to the nads (or teeth to them haha).

But yeah, I think some people are overestimating. I don't know if Bello could do 50, but I almost wish we could see it just to see. I'd give him decent odds of success.

My estimation of 15 might be high, but I think I could manage it. I don't think I could take 20 though.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:35 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Quote:

http://www.heathalvarez.com/updates/july1999.html

Scroll down to the 13 Jul 99 entry and read it.

You've never seen me fight and you don't know how much strength and power my hits have behind them. I've been in am all-out brawl against 9 Italian dudes in Naples. 9-1...and most of them were left unconscious. Yes, they dog piled me and yes they got some licks in. But one by one I got a hold of them and tore them apart. I felt no pain during the fight and these are strikes from grown men, not 5-year olds. Of course, I felt LOTS of pain after the fight was done when the adrenaline wore off. That fight lasted a solid 20 minutes. I was winded, I was beat on, and I had two black eyes amd a fat lip, but I did a TON of damage to each and every one of them and at the end I stood victorious.

There is something about being in a fight where multiple attackers are against you that tends to amp your adrenaline more than just one on one combat. At that point, it's not about fighting - it is about survival. In my mind, if I know one of us will die, I will do everything in my power to ensure you are the one that is killed. Knowing these kids would be coming after me the way I would be coming after them...I'd be a torando of fucking destruction on their asses and not a single one in 50 would be left standing after I was finished.

Between years of martial arts, a few years of bouncing, and weight lifting, I fear nothing...not even 50 kids. Ego? Maybe. Regardless, I am extremely aware of my abilities to destroy others physically...especially if I know I could be killed in the process.

It's just too bad something like this could not be set up in real life. Honestly...I would love to see how I would fair in that situation for real, if for no other reason than pure academics.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:38 PM 
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage

In all honesty, it would take one shot per kid to take them out, Level the first one with a massive kick to knock him into a few others to break up the charge then get to stomping. /shrug Id say 15 easy. If they encircle me before the fight starts though id be in trouble. If they arent allowed to do that before hand, id be able to handle them.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:08 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Frogggystyle wrote:
It's just too bad something like this could not be set up in real life. Honestly...I would love to see how I would fair in that situation for real, if for no other reason than pure academics.

If you realy want to try that theory send me a PM and I will see what I can do... Can't be that hard to find 50 kids then tell them they are free to go only if they kick the shit out of you eh.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:39 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Yeah...like I feel like going to jail. No thanks.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:08 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Best sig EVAR! Bow down before me.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:17 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

all you would really have to do is just bring a playstation 3 or a nintendo wii system to the battle grounds and hook it up. that should distract about 85% of them right off the bat. bring some barbie and bratz dolls for the girls, some thomas the train or power ranger toys for the boys... and you have distracted all of them. then just go and pick them off one by one as need be.

or not.

-cc

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:52 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Annastazia
WoW: Gravestone
The intimidation factor of any realtively strong adult male would be enough to cause most 5 year olds to never begin to attack. They flat out would just crap in their pants and not move. So the number is almost irrelevant.

Also... I dont know Bello personally, but I would honestly be surprised at any number of 5 year olds having the insanity, or balls to even approach him with the intent to injure him. I remember the pictures, and I have read most of the posts he has made (yah even the ones about his wife... only time I ever questioned his toughness)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:19 PM 
Everquest Rocks!
Everquest Rocks!

I need clarification.

First: are we doing this as a by the book square graph where I can be threatened by 8 average sized creatures at once, or are we using the more exotic hex system?

Second: Am I high enough level to have great cleave?

Very important considerations.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:27 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

I love that even in a thread about killing a bunch of 5 year old kids, Bello was able to plug his website and Cicely tried to convince us to go shopping at his Wal-Mart. :P

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:47 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Last summer there was a bit in the news about a grown man being beaten to death by five children, ages four to nine. Admittedly, these kids had weapons - the man's skull was crushed by repeated blows to the head with a stick. But still, he had to have been brought to the ground before the kids could get swings in at his head, and there were only five kids.

Imo, the end would come as soon as you hit the ground. Even a big guy like Bello couldn't throw the mass of, say, 20 40-lb kids off him after a few minutes of hard fighting, adrenaline or no.

If I were training the kids, I'd tell them to surround you, charge, and just grab onto any part of you they can hold and not let go. You'd beat down a handful of kids, but eventually your limbs would be weighed down and you'd be toast.

In order to hold off the onslaught for the long run, you'd have to back into a corner and use Tarot's swing-a-kid technique (a leg would make a better club, but I don't think you'd have the time or force to tear one off) to keep the kids at bay. If you don't get swarmed, you could pick off kids pretty easily with blows to the head. Eventually you'll get tired, though, and the kids would be able to close on you. Then it's over.

Personally, I think I'd have the endurance to swing a five-year-old for about two minutes. I'd bet I could KO about 24 kids in that time.

Wolvy-berserker style, I could probably only fuck up a dozen or so before I got swarmed and buried in kids.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:32 AM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

noojens wrote:
(a leg would make a better club, but I don't think you'd have the time or force to tear one off)

A couple people mentioned this so I thought I'd address it. It doesn't take that much force to dislocate a limb. (I don't have the exact amount of force handy, but it's doable). To sever the limb you'd have to do one of two things:

Break the bone in a compound fracture and use the shards to rip a limb free. To do this with a limb would be insanely difficult. I think a human leg bone takes over 600 pounds of pressure to snap like that. Even then, trying to severe all the skin around it using bone shards would be a bitch and a half with nothing else going on. With kids still attacking, consider it impossible.

Second would be to use enough force to cause the skin to tear (like ripping a drumbone off a chicken). You can do it easily with a cooked chicken because the heat has broken down the skin and etc. enough that it's pretty easy. Try doing it with a raw bird. It's pretty difficult. And that's a chicken which is MUCH smaller. It would be impossible with a 40 lb child, no matter how strong you were.

With no tools of course. And with other kids coming at you. So you can't just use their limbs, it's just not possible.

So to swing them like a club, you're using a roughly 40 pound unwieldy club (since their heads are heavier, etc.). The easiest way to swing them around would probably be one arm, one leg and bird them around. You could swing them that way the longest probably.

Holding both legs and swinging, it would be MUCH less time. If you could grab them (and 5 year olds are WIGGLY little bastards) and manage to get their feet and spin them, you could use them as a good throwing hammer into other kids. But how many times could you do that with a wiggly fighty kid? Not many I'm betting.

Side note, this would be an interesting game to play though heh. Of course you'd probably have to make them zombies or something so people wouldn't go all apeshit about it being kids. :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:06 AM 
I've pwned over 300 times!

This speculation is hilarious.

This sort of thing is very hard to judge. I believe most people underestimate the power of a swarm, but I'm not how many kids you'd have to be talking about to really constitute a swarm.

Anyway, if I were forced to guess, I'd guess 20 - 25 kids. But that might be pushing it.

Also, I call BS on Bello's tale of the slaying of the 9 Italians!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:50 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

He soloed them without a healer and without slow.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:28 AM 
Troller in Training
Troller in Training

wouldnt once the kids swarm you, its over?

although, obviously, Droma wins

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:37 AM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

If they were fighting to fight, and not to kill, it would be very possible Myrren. For one of my belts I had to fight 4 people at the same time, and I actually took them all down. Of course that was in a controlled environment and there were obviously a lot of things none of us would do to each other sparring that would occur in a real fight.

If the Italians were trying to kill Bello, I can't see it happening. But if this was just a street brawl and he bezerkered, sure.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:56 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Hehe Myrtle, you can doubt all you want. Not that it really matters if you believe me or not…that is your choice. I have no reason to make something like that up, or anything up for that matter. My ex-girlfriend Kelly was the one that got kicked in the gut. I am sure some of you remember her as Jyll on Lanys (my counterpart to my toon Jakk)...she played a shaman back in the day (1999-2000). I lost touch with her since she's gotten married (twice), but if you have a way to get a hold of her, I promise you that she can back my entry up 100%.

It was more of a "street brawl" and they were not trying to kill me. They were trying to defend their buddy that I was thrashing after he got all up on Kelly and was physically accosting her. After they dog piled me, and after I started pulling them underneath me to do eye gouges, throat grabs, and other really dirty tricks, they started jumping off me. The ones I got a hold of after I got back up were knocked out...plus whatever extra damage I could do to them to keep them down. They did not have the guts to keep taking damage; they just wanted me to stop pounding on their friend. You could say their heart simply wasn't in it after they started taking damage or saw their friends being knocked out.

While they were just street fighting, I felt like I was fighting for my life. Nine dudes against one are not very good odds, so you do what you must to not be the loser. I might add that none of them were my size. Italians are a smaller race of people, on average compared to Caucasians. I'm not saying they were wee kids...they were all adults, but none were as big as I am.

And, Neesha, it wasn't a plug. It was a point of reference.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:26 PM 

froggystyle wrote:
They did not have the guts to keep taking damage; they just wanted me to stop pounding on their friend. You could say their heart simply wasn't in it after they started taking damage or saw their friends being knocked out.

When I read Tarot's scenario, the number 50 didn't seem unreasonable to me for anyone familiar with self-defense and capable of "unleashing the beast within". Belllo's comments aren't unreasonable either, for the simple reason intent and psychology are disproportionately important in that kind of situation. He was defending and the attackers weren't intent on incapacitating him. Most people simply aren't prepared to or capable of being vicious unless they are the ones being attacked. Even then a lot of people simply become victims, succumbing to an attacker because they aren't mentally capable of dealing with the situation.

It takes a peculiar mindset to be completely ruthless, and most people simply don't have the ability.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:21 PM 

The most important part to surviving in this situation is breaking up the initial charge. If these hypothetical 5 year olds paid any attention to thier class, they will try to encircle and rush you en masse. If you can manage to break up the charge, say by running towards them and knocking several of them down into each other, that should disrupt things, then you move onto the attack not letting them regroup and it shouldnt be too hard to keep things going in your favor.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:15 PM 

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
I agree totally with Bello. I know I have this temper that grows into an almost uncontrolable rage when I am in "fight or flight" mode. I have done things when I am entering this rage that once I exit I can believe that I just did what I just did. I know I have this rage. It is that reason why I do everything in my power to be as calm and docile as possible.

I am 6'4" and 250# I was in the Army (combat engineer) and I have been trained how to defend myself. Like Bello I have been in an fight where the odds were against me. I had to take on four guys shortly after I had finished my Basic training. These idiots thought that it would be cool to pick on the army guy. After I did everything I could to keep these punks from fighting, they tried to rush me. I broke the first guy's kneecap, fractured the second guy's jaw then was about to snap the third guy's elbow when I regained my senses let go. Told them to leave and they did. I don't remember them hitting me, but I did have a knot on my head and some bruises on my mid-section.

I would have the advantage of reach on the kids and all my blows would be going down. There are places on the body when hit you would go down very fast. By wearing the cup the kids would not be able to hit one of mine. By me being so much taller than the kids they could not hit a few others.

I don't know how many that I could take on. If I allow myself to enter this rage and not care about the outcome of my actions I am sure that I could take on at least 50. My plan of defending myself would be to take out the knees of the kids as quickly as possible (you are able to take out a person's knee with one kick and then they can not walk). If they get in too close to remove the knee, you then swing a backhand fist to the temple (most likey knocking them out in one swing). The average 5 year old I can easily pick up and throw. If I need to I would use one as a projectile, taking out at lest one more. My goal would be to keep them at least arms length away.

I am ashamed of myself for even being able to think about this. I can't watch any TV show that harms a child or even puts them in a dangerous situation.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:20 PM 
I schooled the old school.
I schooled the old school.

Hey guys, I once took on 15 Hungarians at once-- you just gotta get in the RAGE, man... the RAGE. 6 of 'em can't walk anymore, and 2 of them are now permanently cross-eyed. See, it's because I'm 7 ft. and 350 pounds of pure beef muscle. There is no stopping the Fribman when he gets in a RAGE. You best get outta my way if you cross me!

Yeah, it's something I'm damn proud of, too. I bet I could take 75 of those midget 5 year olds. I'd rip their heads off and use them as bowling balls!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:33 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

EQ1: Syuni D'zpecyzczn
Wow. Once, debating with you had some merit. These days, you're really not worth taking into consideration anymore, Frib. Hope you have a nice life secure behind your podium.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:42 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

I was Fribur's "girlfriend" on Lanys in 2002 and I can back up his claim. It was on one of our many trips to Europe when we were recruiting internationally for Mithril Web. You see, we were short on Bards at the time and we knew that Europe was a hotbed for musical talent, so we decided to make a weekend out of it.

While there, Fribur was walking through a doorway and hit his head on a horseshoe that was hanging from the frame (due to his height). Little did we know that the horseshoe was the prized possession of one of the Hungarians at the pub we were in, and he took great offense. After several harsh words, which neither Fribur nor myself understood, I offered to buy a round of "Mangina Margaritas," which seemed to anger the crowd even more than the horseshoe incident.

Before we knew what happened, fists were flying, kicks were... kicking, and all hell broke loose. Things didn't look good for Fribur, I'll admit, but I couldn't help him since I was wearing a dress and heels (ever try to fight in that shit?). Just when things were looking the absolute worst, I heard a loud popping sound and looked to where Fribur was on the ground.

Bodies went flying, and Fribur said (I'll never forget these words), "FRIBMAN RAGE... FRIBMAN ANGRY!!!" To this day, I will never forget the absolute carnage that ensued. Blood was everywhere, ladies were screaming, and to make matters worse, the salt from the Mangina'ritas started getting into wounds (the horror). In the end, we left the pub with not only a new-found respect from the people of that tiny village, but a terrific Bard as well.

So Tounces, wherever you are, thank you for the memories. This 'rita is for you!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:32 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Forgetting a few, things....first the 5 yr old kids only have the limited training that was given to them. The average 5 year old is not capable of learning high level strategic combat in a day or week (whatever it was).

Second, the endurance issue is probably one of the primary variables here. A good example is for those that wrestled in a highly competive area. When you are truly going all out and using all your strength there is only so much you can do, adreniline or not before your hard limits on your bodies muscles are met (ie you couldn't raise your own arm if some one put a gun to your head). Wrestlers are some of the best conditioned athletes in the world for this type of scenario and as most would attest keeping up a all our fight for even 15 minutes with a high level of effeciency is a damnf feat in it self without a break.

Personally, depending on the room avaiable I would run around to seperate the kids and no 5 year old could really stand having some one stop on a dime at full speed and kicking them in the face or stomach. Combine that with the club suggestion and you have a pretty solid tactic of keeping a large group limited as long as you aren't some slow fat ass.

In all reality the only true damage a 5 yr old is going to be able to do is either via biting which can do alot of damage or potential eye damge or probably slight damge if you are on the ground with head shots. With a cup they probably don't have much of a chance of generating enough damage to your privates.

It would be interesting.....50 probably be doable if the kids are in fact 5 yr olds with the only difference being they are not afraid to attack you and have the limited training. They are slow, very easily disposed of and only have a few areas that they can really damage you. Also as mentioned after a XX of them the numbers doesn't matter simply because only so many of them can have a direct impact on the fight due to limited space.

Fin get us some canuk kids lined up, we can put it on web and make 1 million dollars!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:22 PM 
What does this button do?
What does this button do?

Quote:
I would run around to seperate the kids

Heh, good idea. So like a wizard to kite them...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:21 AM 

My imagination cannot slip past the children not getting scared/intimidated. Even a full-fledged war with stalwart dedicated soldiers contains the intimidation factor and can be used by either side to create a distinct advantage. When a person sees, for example, a sledgehammer being swung around - the enemy tends to hesitate when, if they were incapable of being intimidated, they would immediately use the most worthwhile tactic against it rather than waiting/hesitating. It goes beyond the obvious visible weapon though, and applies to fakes, bluffs, and sheer ferocity. With enough training you can overcome it, but not for every imaginable situation. In short, intimidation is a part of almost every fight.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:27 AM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

Venen wrote:
My imagination cannot slip past the children not getting scared/intimidated. Even a full-fledged war with stalwart dedicated soldiers contains the intimidation factor and can be used by either side to create a distinct advantage. When a person sees, for example, a sledgehammer being swung around - the enemy tends to hesitate when, if they were incapable of being intimidated, they would immediately use the most worthwhile tactic against it rather than waiting/hesitating. It goes beyond the obvious visible weapon though, and applies to fakes, bluffs, and sheer ferocity. With enough training you can overcome it, but not for every imaginable situation. In short, intimidation is a part of almost every fight.

Fine. Imagine they're 5 year old zombie children incapable of fear. Does that work for you? Or they're alien pod people who've taken over the minds and bodies of 5 year old children and aren't scared because hey...not their body.

It's fiction anyway (none of us would actually engage in such a fight.) , so whatever works for you. ;)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:32 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

EQ1: Perpetuo / Bupas
WoW: Proven
What about the race of the children? Is that taken into account?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:28 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

Thats racist.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:41 AM 
Spider Slayer

What about nation? If this is in the US, maybe they'd like put the fat kids in the front.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:04 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

WoW: Drajeck
Going with the idea that they are mindless zombies (because I don't like thinking of real kids even in theorycraft, call me a puss), I think people are underestimating 2 factors. 1st is the swarm and surround effect. I would estimate most typical adult males would be able to handle only 8 before becoming winded or just becoming overwhelmed. 60 lbs just latching onto each leg will drag most men down in a hurry. Watch dogs hunt and see how effective smaller creatures can surround and take out much stronger ones just by cutting off mobility and going for ankles. The 2nd thing is the combat training factor. A soldier is much more advanced in hand to hand combat than most civillians, in both technique and endurance. I would expect a military person to take on 4-5x as many opponents as a civillian because they will know what to do immediately at a time when any hesitation or wrong decision would result in a loss.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:17 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

krby71 wrote:
I am 6'4" and 250# I was in the Army (combat engineer)

Engineers Lead the Way!

Anyhow, I tested this (sorta) with my 6-year-old daughter. She is tall for her age, athletic, and vicious (this IS my daughter we're talking about).

She couldn't climb onto my back with me in a defensive stance, even with me holding still for her to try. When she grabbed my shirt I realized that'd be a serious detriment when fighting kids, because they'd instinctively go for it. So you'd have to take off your shirt if you were wearing one.

She's about 55 lbs., but that's not that heavy unless you're trying to pick up a dead weight. A fighting kid might be able to drag you down, but if you pick them up it's not going to be hard to chuck them at least a few yards.

Bear in mind that a single solid punch from an adult male is going to knock any 5-year-old right the fuck out. There's just no way they'd withstand the force. Even a glancing blow would stun one long enough for you to kick them in the face.

As long as you can keep your feet, you'd be fine. Biting might end up being a problem, but if you're wearing jeans your legs would be fine and if you're getting bit on the torso you just punch them in the face. :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:36 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

I'll give you a candy bar? I don't know, most 6-year-olds aren't that motivated.

How about "take him down or I kill the bunny rabbit"?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:12 PM 

EQ1: Golliwog
WoW: Rileigh
I think something that is also pretty important is that a 5 year old cannot reach many critical area's of our body. IE unless they manage to take a person down, they can't attack the head. And any damage they can inflict to other area's is going to be superficial a best (minus one male organ haha).

So the question is how fast can a bunch of 5 year olds knock a grown person over? And this is where the line "Not able to touch any walls" comes in. Clearly if you can plant yourself back to a wall, you'd be good to go for awhile, but without that support, you've got kids pushing (they've been trained remember) from the front and kids behind you likely trying trip you up. So it'll become a matter of how long can you keep kids out from behind you. Inevitably it'll happen, it's really just a matter of how good you are at preventing that, not so much physical strength or endurance.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:47 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

If these kids are combat trained, I think people may have their estimates a bit high...

Little background: Im 6'3'' and 290, played football in highschool and held all records for our school in the weightroom. I would estimate a single swarm of 10-12 could take me down.

If your in the middle of a basketball court, and 12 kids came at you from all directions, with combat training, they would all start planting kicks on the kneecaps from the sides and back. You cant take out 12 children in a split second, so assuming that they all reached you at the same time, some of them are going to be getting kicks/punches in on the knees. These will get to you really really fast, as the side of the knee is one of the weaker spots in the entire body when it comes to direct blows. They make you pull/tear a tendon, and your down on the ground for the count, and all they do is pile up on you until you cannot breathe anymore.

I think 50 might be achievable if they didnt swarm at once, or if they did, it was somewhat staggered, with the faster kids reaching you a second or two before the slower kids, giving you time to knock atleast one kid out and do a full 360 swing with the body to clear a fighting bubble. If you could regulate the flow of kids, maybe pile a few bodies in a few of the entrances, you would easily double your chances of survival.

But I maintain that these kids could deadleg you to the ground in a very short time if coming in one large wave.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:59 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Annastazia
WoW: Gravestone
I gotta meet a combat trained 5 year old....

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:34 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

Rokhan wrote:
I gotta meet a combat trained 5 year old....

Ender Wiggin...mwhaha

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:04 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Strip down naked and smear yourself with a combonation of astroglide and pig shit. The can't get any purchase and you would taste too nasty to bite

Offline Profile