It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 10:45 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:09 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
I figured that as well.

ps: don't steal bandwidth, use Cak's!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:39 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Nice find on Sylar.

Blows just about every theory out of the water.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:37 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

WoW: Prystus
"While I may not agree with the thought of the woman with Mohinder being Syler, interesting proposition as it is, I do find her interest in the son awfully interesting. She finds out the father is dead, and out of the goodness of her heart she keeps hanging out with the son?

She might be a nice person and all, but this is New York. Something hinky going on there."

Glad to see I was right about that...

"People sometimes say that ideas cannot be stamped out by force. The Albigensian Crusade proves them wrong. Ideas can be stamped out by the elimination of everyone who holds the ideas." - Quote :"Middle Ages" by Morris Bishop.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:00 AM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

EQ1: Rugen Payne
WoW: Mathaen
Quote:
Because Jack Fuck happened through its entirety.

I would disagree. We got confirmation of a lot in this episode.

I find Hiro's inability to stop time with nutso mom on the rampage to be interesting. Did he really leave Peter unfrozen in the subway or did he just know he can't freeze specials by that point and time? One thing I've been wondering is how they are going to get around the "Sylar is about to kill someone...quick Hiro, stop time!" issue.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:56 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

They have already laid the groundwork for it in the episode with Future Hiro. He stated 'I cannot stay long, I run the risk of creating another rift'. I have a feeling we shall soon see the negative effects of Hiro's time manipulations and he will no longer be able to use it at will as he is now.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:54 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Annastazia
WoW: Gravestone
Every good show has a weak episode in the first season, this was Heroes'.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:50 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Tyral
I disagree. I think the episode shed a lot of light on things that we had been guessing at.

1. Pixie girl IS working for Claire's dad.

2. Micah's dad is a "special" too.

3. Nikki is a villain.

Now we need a few more mysteries to keep things fresh.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:00 AM 
Lois Lane!

Tyral the Kithless wrote:

3. Nikki is a villain.

Niki isn't a villian. Ikin (as I've seen her called on the net) is the villian.

If Niki can harness the super strength of Ikin, and cast off or supress Ikin, then she can become a super hero.
If Ikin takes over, she's definitely a villian.

I've also seen a lot of speculation on the tattoo from the pic from cocaine-man. (I don't remember his name.)
Some people think that it means that, when D.L. choked Niki, that he killed or suppressed Niki and Ikin will be out full time. Others think it's the other way around. I suppose we shall see!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:14 PM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

Quote:
Niki isn't a villian. Ikin (as I've seen her called on the net) is the villian.

Beaman calls her Jessica repeatedly in his blog entries, like:

"Nathan/Nikki (or is it Nathan/Jessica???) is pretty sexy too - dont'cha think?"
http://gregbeeman.blogspot.com/2006/10/ ... hiros.html

"Ali plays two characters in this episode. One, Niki, who is breaking down continuously and trying to hold it together while experiencing ever-escalating amounts of fear and trauma. Then, her alter-ego is introduced – a cool and in-control character we call “Jessica.�"
http://gregbeeman.blogspot.com/2006/10/ ... alves.html

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:26 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

"I've also seen a lot of speculation on the tattoo from the pic from cocaine-man."

It somehow has a lot if not everything to do with all of the heroes in some aspect or another. It keeps turning up in places that reference the heroes, most noticably when Mohinder looked at his father;s prgram, the symbol kept repeating over and over again in the visible code.

THere's something about the symbol that may be on a genetic level with all the hero types, I suspect all of them have one hiddeen somewher eon them that they just have never seen or noticed[like it might be inside in many cases].

Unless future Hiro has been playing funny tricks on some people that is.

THis does mean however. Niki herself at least, has had her powers for a solid two years or so, if not more. And her husband may have had them just as long, if he escaped prison that long ago.

"People sometimes say that ideas cannot be stamped out by force. The Albigensian Crusade proves them wrong. Ideas can be stamped out by the elimination of everyone who holds the ideas." - Quote :"Middle Ages" by Morris Bishop.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:27 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

I'm guessing Nikki's power isn't an evil alter ego...

it's a very evolved survival instinct.

Notice, when she turns on the 'Jessica' phase, it's always at a point where she has to do something so unseemly that she just can't face it as nikki, so 'Jessice' arises and does the act. It's always in a situation where Nikki faces some dark, sordid something that will guarantee her some normalcy if she just does it. But because Nikki isn't a violent type, 'Jessica' takes over and does all the 'bad deeds' to assure Nikki can continue on.

Just a thought.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:19 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

TheDukeOfNuke wrote:
I'm guessing Nikki's power isn't an evil alter ego...

it's a very evolved survival instinct.

Just a thought.

That was my initial thought, until I saw the scene where she spoke to her alter ego in the mirror. She planned the set up of DL. Getting her husband put in jail doesnt really fall under "survival instinct"

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:25 PM 
Lois Lane!

She also literally tore the men apart. I don't know about you...but that implies some super strength to me. I don't think I could tear men apart with my bare hands, personally.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:16 AM 
Noob
Noob

Read the comic they put up on NBC. Nikki can rip open a safe with her bare hands. Her power is definatly super strength. Her alter ego is probably just her way of copeing with the inknown. Or possibly some side effect of haveing her mind played with by the cheerleaders father and his friend?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:34 AM 
Lois Lane!

I read someone suggesting this possibility for Nikki. Might be interesting...

Quote:
Whoa! Is Niki dead? Or is just alternate, evil, manipulative Niki dead? I'm thinking that both Nikis are actually dead... for now. But since Hiro made such a big point about wanting to stop the evil Niki from really tearing those guys to pieces (literally) when he gets his do-over, maybe that will significantly change the course of events and she'll come back to life.

I'm looking forward to Monday to find out how they deal with it.

I've also been thinking that one of the Petrelli brothers will turn badguy. And I know it's been mentioned before...but it seems like a predictable story line. Two super-brothers battling against each other. And it's probably Nathan (the congress candidate) that will be the bad guy, since Hiro comes to Peter to tell him about saving the cheerleader.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:53 AM 
Lois Lane!

p.s. IMDB's posting about Sean Bean being Sylar is being reported as a rumor at some sites.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:54 PM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

Quote:
possibly some side effect of haveing her mind played with by the cheerleaders father and his friend?

There is more than just a small connection there, as "Voodoo" wears the emblem she has as a tat around his neck....and cheerleader's dad was completely uninterested in her even though he seems to know the others on sight. I'm guessing he's already had his way with her.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:47 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

"She planned the set up of DL. Getting her husband put in jail doesnt really fall under "survival instinct""

Actually. I woudl squarely call that a "Survival instinct" thing if she thought the husband was bad for her son in some way. Ikin doesn;t seem to be willing to do things by "Half-measures". she saw the opportunity to get rid of the threat of her husband(real or imagined), and get some money someway out of it in the process. And she took it.

I am very much liking the fact that "Dad" is turning out less and less to be a "villian" type. So much as he appears to be someone stalking various "special people" for some group[gov't or otherwise], and also going after others because he loves his daughter, and knows someone is after her. And wants to stop it.

I almost get the feeling he finds these people, lays them out, tests them, and if they are fairly "normal" and well adjusted, he wipes them and lets them go. If they have fucked up lives, he gets them clean, sober, whatver, helps them put thier lives back together, and thus indebts them to him. And gets them to do things for him and whomever it is he works for.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:49 PM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

Why do people insist on saying "Ikin" when even the show itself has named her Jessica?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:37 AM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
because ikiN is a far cooler name than Jessica.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:29 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Yeah okay. I probably deserve some ribbing for that. I knew better.

I just got damned thought lazy when typing that post, after going back and looking at some previous posts, it was just "on my mind" at the time. So I used it.

No real other excuse I guess.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:47 AM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

So here's my basic summation of what I think is going on....

1) Hiro jumped a lot further than 1 day. And I suspect when we see him again, he'll be speaking perfect english. I just hope that this is where they leash him and make him scared of rifts. Otherwise, he's as much of a ticking time bomb as radioactive man, just he has the potential to ruin the plot, not the city. :p

2) radioactive guy is the explosion in NY. I sorta wondered about this with his "shoot me. do you know what happens? I don't" thing, but am convinced now that he's "escaped".

3) I still think Niki used to work with/for the cheerleaders father and when he no longer needed her, had "voodoo" mind fuck her, but something went wrong and created the split personality thing we see now, with neither of them knowing what had happened previously, but being divided somehow. The whole "accidents have happened" thing tonight helped me along this path as well.

4) I'm starting to wonder if Niki's "best friend" was a plant by the cheerleader's father to watch over her.

5) If I were little miss pixie, I'd be encouraging the cheerleader's father to be doing certain things. That is a hell of a power to have. Nice nod to Stephen King's "Firestarter". I was starting to get tired of going "ok, the little boy is Forge, his father is Kitty Pryde, etc"

The writing on this show remains INCREDIBLY weak. Good god, the scenes with mohinder in India with his ex-girlfriend and mother? Some of the worst writing I've seen make it to air lately :p If I weren't such a comic book geek in my past, the remote hook of these "special" people would have long ago disengaged.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:18 AM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

EQ1: Doon
WoW: Doon
Was reading the wikipedia page on Heros and saw this:

Quote:
On October 2, 2006, Emerson Electric Company, an appliance market competitor of NBC's owner General Electric, filed suit in federal court against NBC. The suit was regarding a scene that appeared in "Genesis" (the pilot episode) which depicted Claire Bennet reaching into an active garbage disposal unit — apparently Emerson's In-Sink-Erator — to retrieve a ring, and severely injuring her hand in the process. Emerson suit claims the scene "casts the disposer in an unsavory light, irreparably tarnishing the product" by suggesting that serious injuries will result "in the event consumers were to accidentally insert their hand into one."

Emerson is asking for a ruling barring future broadcasts of the pilot, which is available on NBC's website and has already aired on NBC Universal-owned cable networks USA and Sci Fi. It also seeks to block NBC from using any Emerson trademarks in the future.[11]

The episode in question was briefly unavailable on the iTunes store, but an edited version is now available for download.

Wtf.

Here's the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_%28TV_series%29

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:05 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

Bzalthek wrote:
The kid's more like Magneto than Forge, honestly.

No, he's like Forge. Able to fix things, create things from scratch. Has a knack for machines. Magneto couldn't have fixed a phone merely by touching it, nor could he have made a call without paying. He might have the power to manipulate it to do so, but he doesn't have the knowledge.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:35 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

rugen wrote:
1) Hiro jumped a lot further than 1 day. And I suspect when we see him again, he'll be speaking perfect english. I just hope that this is where they leash him and make him scared of rifts. Otherwise, he's as much of a ticking time bomb as radioactive man, just he has the potential to ruin the plot, not the city. :p

2) radioactive guy is the explosion in NY. I sorta wondered about this with his "shoot me. do you know what happens? I don't" thing, but am convinced now that he's "escaped".

I agree totally with the Hiro assumption. He fucked up badly with the jump to save the waitress. But the assumption about radioactive guy is off imo. I think he's the solution. He is clearly capable of both projecting radioactivity and absorbing it. He absorbs the explosion (probably dying in the act).

Kula

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:18 AM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

Quote:
I think he's the solution. He is clearly capable of both projecting radioactivity and absorbing it. He absorbs the explosion (probably dying in the act).

We'll see how it plays out. I just don't think it is an accident that the guy has "unstable" written all over him in a wide variety of ways.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:26 AM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

Quote:
This implies a temporary connection that was dispersed once he stopped maintaining it.

Or he broke it again, because he didn't want his dad to know what he had been doing. Something that plays out as he then lies to his father about just that. "Nah, just playing."

So far, given that we know he was building a motherboard out of a toaster? I'm gonna stay on the "forge" side of the debate. :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:40 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Is it possile that Jessica was the "one" with the powers? And that Nicki had none?

One of her "abilities" allowed Jessica to jump bodies when she was ... I guess killed. By her father? And she is literally inside Nicki, and helping to defend her. Whether Nicki wants the hep or not?

[I can only believe Jessive was real, because of the reactions of her father]

Sylar it appears can tell things about others on a genetic level, and he can examine those things, and duplicate them in himself?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:44 PM 
I schooled the old school.

Quote:
Sylar it appears can tell things about others on a genetic level, and he can examine those things, and duplicate them in himself?

Personally, I got a strong Highlander vibe from Sylar. He kills people, then gains their powers.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:18 PM 
Lois Lane!

Fribur wrote:
Quote:

Personally, I got a strong Highlander vibe from Sylar. He kills people, then gains their powers.

Kills people, eats their brains and THEN gains their powers!

His original power, I think, was sensing that something was 'different' in others. Because he can sense things that are off, or broken (like with the watch). So it makes him ideal to search out these special individuals, who he then kills and gains the powers, making him pretty much the ultimate villain.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:45 PM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

<3 Monday nights....

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:45 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Evil = big fucking eyebrows..

It's all in the genes.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:54 AM 
What does this button do?
What does this button do?

It makes me wonder if the guy that assumes peoples powers when they are close to them can take them permanently if he kills them while he has the powers. I think the watchmaker has the power to know when things are not in a state that is "normal". Somehow I don't think he has any real power beyond that of his own, maybe he found a way to assume peoples powers temporarily after he kills them. No way he has them permanently or he would be way too powerful way too fast.

I just find the split personality chick boring. That storyline sucks. Make he turn green, and get really powerful when she gets angry. That hasn't been done, has it?

Personally I like the protective dad the most. I get the feeling he will die soon though. Hiro is only becoming interesting now that we know his powers have solid limits. Otherwise he would be too strong. Sideline... keep jumping back in time to talk to people, spend time with them, he will age very fast relative to the others.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:39 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

He's keeping the powers for certain.

He's demonstrated the use of the Telekensis more than once in episodes past [holding people up against stair railings, slamming people into walls, making people put guns to thier head, ripping the tops of people's skulls without touching them, etc.), and we were shown just the other night WHEN he got that particular power.

It hasn't faded over time or distance from the original source that he acquired it from. Him getting more and more powerful is part of the problem I think.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:06 PM 

ok that Heroes episode was fan-fucking-tastic.

Best episode so far, IMO.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:20 PM 
Lois Lane!

January 22!
Dammit!

Grrrrrrrs.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:52 AM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

1) I'm glad the gave Nikki an out for merging her personalities with the whole "see, jessica? you became the abuser..." angle. That was going to get old quickly.

2) The T-rex thing was annoying. This show won't have the budget to do that real time, so why even introduce it?

3) Glad to see my prediction about the radioactive guy's power being the source of the explosion panned out.

4) I like that they are introducing multiple powers in people. Voodoo with his memory wipe and psi-shield, Peter with his dreams and power absorb...

5) I'm confused about Peter's absorb power. It obviously lasts longer than initial contact with the people he has encountered, or he wouldn't have drawn the picture of the stick figures a day later from his encounter with Isaac. And yet everything so far seems to indicate short term retention. Inconsistency on the part of the writers?

6) Pixie chick was dumb. You walk into that room and the first thing you say is "stand there and do nothing unless I tell you to" before you get chatty. :p

7) I thought Peter's dream was interesting. All specials except for 2. Ando and the girlfriend. So are they specials after all?

Overall, it was a pretty decent mid-season finale. Still not happy with some of the writing, but willing to overlook it for the things I do like.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:56 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

I can't believe we have to wait until January 22 to see a new episode. I was hoping for more of a cliffhanger in this one, but it was still pretty bad ass. I'm glad to see Isaac using his power without the drugs. The whole "I need my heroin" thing was gonna get old.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:28 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

I have to find that sword!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:37 AM 
Can dish it but can't take it!
Can dish it but can't take it!

I'm wondering if the T-Rex is just a symbol of beating the "Monster". Just a thought. The show has been entertaining.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:28 AM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

Quote:
I'm wondering if the T-Rex is just a symbol of beating the "Monster"

Doesn't parse. Everything else he has done has been literally "photographic" pictures of a scene in a comic style. Hence the "cut away" shots from the cartoons to the real image itself.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:31 AM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

Little confused on Peter collapsing. He was quite sick and coughing while in the cell. You would think if it was something that needed healing, Claire visiting him would fix it.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:38 AM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

EQ1: Qindyin
WoW: Tgurok
Well the black guy was near, as well as cheerleader's dad. Maybe another 'force sensitive' could've been near and is sick?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:39 AM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

Quote:
Little confused on Peter collapsing. He was quite sick and coughing while in the cell. You would think if it was something that needed healing, Claire visiting him would fix it.

I had two thoughts when I watched that, because they were definitely playing up the "something is wrong with him" angle there...

1) Is radioactive guy still in that police office somewhere? (I believe they said they took him somewhere, but I remember wondering it initially)

2) Is he short circuiting because he is in close proximity to several specials at once? (ESP cop, Claire, Voodoo, etc)

Not sure we'll know what the story with that was until the season starts again.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:12 PM 

Bumping this because...

well hot damn the episode tonight was the shit.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:12 PM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

Yeah no shit.. great stuff.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:08 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

No kidding. I loved seeing Stan Lee at the end of last week's episode. This one was pretty good, but I can't wait to see next week's. That looks like it's going to be the bomb diggity yo.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:40 PM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

Brian Fuller (the guy who wrote "Company Man") was also part of "Dead Like Me" and "Wonderfalls"

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0298188/

During the fight between Isaac and Peter, it occured to me that Peter had been in Eden's presence early on and therefor (due to the way his power has been established), he would have access to "the voice" while Sylar wouldn't. And during that fight with Isaac, he appears to "use" the voice when he yells at Isaac "Don't lie to me!"....and amusingly enough, everything Isaac says after that is the truth. This could go either way, but he didn't need to see Isaac use his powers to draw that stick figure drawing. I just thought it was odd they gave that tone to his voice with a command and then Isaac was very forthcoming about what he was going to do/had done.

I'm not sure what to think of Hiro's father being established in the manner he was in "Company Man" when just a few episodes previous, he'd listened to his son going on and on about having to use his "powers" to save New York City. I guess we'll see.

The show has definitely gotten a lot stronger with the airing of "Company Man". I hope it continues on that upward trend.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:29 AM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

Wow.. great finale..

I cheated and watched it early :/

but.. holy shit!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:41 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Good observation, Rugen! I never thought of that.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:17 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

rugen wrote:
During the fight between Isaac and Peter, it occured to me that Peter had been in Eden's presence early on and therefor (due to the way his power has been established), he would have access to "the voice" while Sylar wouldn't. And during that fight with Isaac, he appears to "use" the voice when he yells at Isaac "Don't lie to me!"....and amusingly enough, everything Isaac says after that is the truth. This could go either way, but he didn't need to see Isaac use his powers to draw that stick figure drawing. I just thought it was odd they gave that tone to his voice with a command and then Isaac was very forthcoming about what he was going to do/had done.

You know, Peter is actually going to end up being much more powerful than Sylar. The fact that he doesn't need to kill you to gain your powers is pretty damned scary alone, but remember that if he's near Sylar, he can do everything Sylar can.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:25 PM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

Quote:
You know, Peter is actually going to end up being much more powerful than Sylar. The fact that he doesn't need to kill you to gain your powers is pretty damned scary alone, but remember that if he's near Sylar, he can do everything Sylar can.

I actually don't think Sylar needs to kill them. I think he's the same as Peter, but much like Peter's own screwed up psychology made his powers act in a certain way (hand holding), I think Sylar's bundle of "dog eat dog, survival of the fittest" crap is causing him to think they work in a certain way. After all, Invisible guy didn't seem to think Peter's power was all that unique. So he's encountered at least one other besides Sylar and Peter.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:49 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

Interesting theory, but Sylar manifested his ability different: being able to "see" how someone's powers work. I don't think Peter's even alluded to something like that.

I'm sure we'll find out more in time, though.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:02 PM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

Well, since tonight is called "Parasite", I am guessing we'll learn a lot more about Sylar ;)

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next