It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:12 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Archeage
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:56 AM 
Selling FBR First Torch!
Selling FBR First Torch!

Worst launch ever for a game. Most BS excuses for not honoring things they stated people would have at launch. One of the worst MMO communities I've ever seen.

Yet, I absolutely LOVE this game. It is the first time I've found myself actually looking forward to coming home from work and gaming in a long time.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Archeage
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:30 AM 
Troller in Training
Troller in Training

Archeage a PvPer game? Is it just in certain areas or all over the game? I'm not to found of Pvper if its everywhere, High lvls come around and jump you all the time. I'd like to find a game where there is more of the old community I use to know. seems everyone is so into power lvling to the high end or saying stupid stuff and charging crazy prices for stuff

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:31 AM 
Selling FBR First Torch!
Selling FBR First Torch!

Yeah it is a pvp game. I mean you can level to 50 without doing pvp, but you'd be missing out. It's somewhat of a sandbox, you do craft your own homes, they are not instanced, etc. Graphics are amazing.

The one thing I won't try to do though, is sell anyone on this game. As much as I'm loving it, it was a HORRIBLE release and Trion seems to be sitting back just collecting money off of it. I'm not keeping my hopes up, but for now it is the most fun I've had since I first started playing EQ and before NGE in Star Wars Galaxies.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:51 AM 
Selling FBR First Torch!
Selling FBR First Torch!

Surprisingly enough, I'm still playing this game and still enjoying it.

Like all games, it has its negatives. Free-to-play encouraged a lot of gold-bot spam. 95% of that is now dealt with. Also was a lot of hacking early on..this also has been 95% eliminated from what I'm seeing.

Some of the positives:

Ship-to-ship combat is pretty fun. Everything from Rowboats and clippers to Galleons and Merchant trade ships in the game. Galleons have 8 cannons and require a group to work together firing on enemy ships and to board them. Pretty fun watching their ship sink and taking their tradepacks for gold, resources or whatever.

Crafting is LARGELY rng dependant. I'd say that is a mix of good and bad. Bad because it is incredibly frustrating and nearly impossible to pull off BIS crafted gear...good because if/when you do you have something really unique! (Not quite SWG unique, but as close as I've seen)

PVP is pretty fun..when you consider the skillsets there is live 50-100 classes possible. Some just don't work, but some can make for interesting Pvping. Also, when there isn't too much in-faction fighting...the game has a bit of an RvR feel ala DAoC. Can definitely use terrain and tactics to take out your enemy. Also once every 2 or 3 weeks there are castle seiges..once you successfully take over or defend a castle your guild owns that and can refortify it. Benefits include taxing the land around it for guild income, Tokens that can be used for gear that can only be attained by them, plus bragging rights (i'm sure I'm missing other things)

Then there is farming...yeah, planting crops and using the stuff you grow for crafting type farming. Some absolutely love it (the underwater farming is somewhat fun...growing coral and the like)...not totally by cup of tea though.

Anyways, just figured I'd let everyone know what I'm up to and that I'm still enjoying this game. Your mileage may vary, but for me it's still fun and more of a long-haul kind of game instead of insta gratification.

By the way, please forgive my spelling errors and grammar issues. I just had a full right-hemisphere stroke about a month and a half ago and am still recovering. Besides being exhausted all of the time, having trouble typing (left hand doesnt' work quite right with the right), and some impairment in my analytical thinking, I'm not doing that bad. I can still walk, talk, enjoy time with my family, etc.

I know this forum doesn't see much action anymore, but if anyone happens upon it and sees this post I really hope you all are doing well and are enjoying each day. :)

Sincerely,

Jason

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:35 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

EQ1: Daas
WoW: Vuloth
EQ2: Daas
Elemynt_Fyrestorm wrote:

By the way, please forgive my spelling errors and grammar issues. I just had a full right-hemisphere stroke about a month and a half ago and am still recovering. Besides being exhausted all of the time, having trouble typing (left hand doesnt' work quite right with the right), and some impairment in my analytical thinking, I'm not doing that bad. I can still walk, talk, enjoy time with my family, etc.

I know this forum doesn't see much action anymore, but if anyone happens upon it and sees this post I really hope you all are doing well and are enjoying each day. :)

Sincerely,

Jason

Glad you were able to survive that and hope you continue to recover!

Offline Profile