It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:03 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TESO tips/tricks
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:01 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Links to skyshard map, and 3 tips/tricks pages, I also posted ones that jumped out at me.
(See ya Sun 7am EST, or waiting in queue with ya'll)

http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/skyshards/

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/149316 ... i-started/

http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/eso-tips-tricks/

http://www.talesoftamriel.com/tips-getting-gameplay/

respec: reach the tier 3 zone of your faction.
Aldmeri Dominion > Elden Root in Grahtwood zone.
Daggerfall Covenant > city of Wayrest in Stormhaven zone.
Ebonheart Pact > visit Deshaan and its main city Mournhold.

Shalidor’s library is open as soon as you join the Mage’s Guild. Books found within this library contribute XP to your Mage Guild rank.

Fighters, Mages, Undaunted Guilds. One of the very first thing you should do once hit the city is to go to the nearest Fighter’s Guild, Mage’s Guild and check all taverns for the Undaunted (make sure to talk to all NPCs around the Undaunted table for quests). These guild skill trees are a lot more useful than they first appear, especially for healers, spell DPS and PvP. The only way to level Mage’s Guild is by getting Lorebooks. An easy way to level Fighter’s Guild is to make sure to do all Dark Anchors, Dark Fissures and Public Dungeons. To level Undaunted and Fighter’s Guild (undead + daedra common), do all three instanced dungeons per quest zone.

Put the Soul Trap gem on your skill bar as soon as you get it. Keep it there as long as you can. Decent morphs but can be hard to keep on bar later. Only keep it on your bar till it “maxes” out. It will max out periodically because it caps based on how far you are progressed in the main storyline (e.x. Soul Trap levels to 10 and stops until you finish next Main Storyline quest and then caps at level 15.)

Wear a piece of light, heavy and medium, no matter what your ‘main’ armor type is at lower levels. Easily level these skill lines without giving up much.

You can join 5 guilds tied to your account, not per character (/g1, /g2, ...)

Feed your horse. Your horse’s max level is 50. Feed it every day if you want a level 50 horse in 50 days. You may also have multiple horses “bred” for different tasks to make sure you feed them all.

Azzi

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: TESO tips/tricks
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:41 AM 

Whoa I didn't know about the horse thing.

Awesome post, thank you...counting down the hours to release time....

From crafting, if you find a piece of armour with a suffix or prefix, don't destroy or sell it. You can go into your crafting tab and research that type of prefix or suffix and then later be able to craft that type of prefix or suffix.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:03 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Keep in mind that the item in question will be destroyed when you research it. Also, you need to be sure and do this, because if you want to make set items, they usually require that you know some traits to apply to the items.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:03 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

EQ1: Aaramis, Aerendil
EQ2: Aaramis, Telomir
SWOR: Aaramis
Some good info here. I'd also like to add:

- hotkey the dodge/roll ability, if it's not already pre-hotkeyed. It uses up a good amount of stamina, but is awesome for the red-circle aoe's to get you out of trouble fast (for anything conical or rectangle-shaped, just run out of the way and save your stamina). Learning to dodge or interrupt attacks in this game is CRUCIAL. I can't stress that enough. Learn the basics of combat and some of the harder low-level fights, such as Gutripper and Balreth, become a joke.

- download an addon to make your life easier. I really like Tamriel Foundry's tactical combat addon, as it lets you see your damage, keep track of buffs / debuffs, and so on. But to each their own.

- make sure you have some form of heal for soloing. Even if it's in the form of potions - anything helps. Dying sucks. If you're not sure about potions, go to your inventory and at the top right is a "quickslot" option. Opening that up will bring you a wheel that you can slot in all your different foods, drinks, potions, etc. for instant access (and they'll now appear in a box on your hotbar)

- not sure if this was mentioned in the other threads, but the skills present on your hotbar are what gain xp when you turn in quests, defeat mobs, etc. If you have 5 dual-wield abilities unlocked, but none are on your hotbar and you're using a restoration staff, your dual-wield skill won't advance. You can also take advantage of this to passively level up a second weapon if you so choose - just unlock the first skill, throw it on the hotbar, and then swap weapons.
Oh, and the more abilities on your hotbar, the faster that skill will level (i.e. 2 dawn's might abilities will level that skill line faster than having just 1).

Offline Profile