It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:13 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:00 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setView/news/gameId/952/showArticle/28175

The above link has some ideas for what people want in the game. What do You want to see?

-I want to go back to when dying meant something. When you lost your body and had to go hunting for your corpse and do CR and get all your stuff back, boy, that sucked, but, it was fun. Maybe make the Soul Stone guys an option, but, with a big exp penalty. Anyone else have CR Armor?

-I like the idea of multi classes, but, there should be a bonus for people who are more purest in the selections they make.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:59 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

They need the forced interaction of EQ1 for corpse recovery, groups, raids, and even selling items.
They of course won't do that, because you can't get 11 million subscribers making anyone talk to anyone.
Also factoring in tween griefing, they allow every delicate snowflake to have their own walled garden.

To be honest I'm not sure I'd want to spend 8 hrs breaking into Hate, or double that on a corpse recovery for 5 guys to get nice loot. Maybe it's best to never go back.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:47 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

EQ1: Xantheus
WoW: Xantheus
If I was still at the point I was when I first played, I would almost definitely put the time in again.

You may not get 11 million idiot subscribers, but you'll never build the relationships and community without the difficulty and requirement to interact. We all know which direction game developers will go, they're about the money in the end.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:15 AM 
Troller in Training
Troller in Training

From what I have read and seen for the game, it will be a far cry from what EQ was. From the footage I didn't see any groups. Just 2 people in a group. Not sure I will like the fall through the world thing. and as far as grouping. no more camping. From what I read the mobs will room around, there wont be set camps of mobs like in EQ. and the orc or what ever you killing will learn what you going to do in spells or swings if you push the same spells or what ever over and over. I would think that would take a great number of different spells or slash commands. Read something about players building cities Like Halas. Don't know if that will work, get half way through it and players are bored and don't finish it, what then? Not real sure on that one. Seems to me it will be a lot of eye candy. walls exploding and such, sun coming through the trees. Really hasn't been a lot of info on actual fighting, raids, quests, that might be still coming.

What I was hoping for is a mix of EQ1 and EQ2. The Heritage quests and Hallmark quests in EQ2 I find fun. Not sure I really care to have the corpse runs back. But wouldn't mind having to need other players again. Like Ports from Druids and Wizards. Your big heals from clerics, different kinds of buffs from different players. I'm not a big crafter but if they are going to have crafters don't make what they are doing useless. by bring in stuff you can buy. Have the big raids again, where it might take a couple raid guilds to help out if you wiped.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:20 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

http://www.geek.com/games/why-im-skepti ... t-1564398/

decent article

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:13 PM 
Selling FBR First Torch!
Selling FBR First Torch!

Whether is was EQ NEXT or another game, one thing I'd love to see is a game that had "servers" with different levels of game challenge.

Instead of a hardcore instance, there would be a hardcore server. It would have a different ruleset and loot code than the easier servers. There would be no transfers allowed either. This would allow people who want easy gear without putting any effort into the game to play on the easymode server, and those who actually want to work for things could play on the hardcore one. I figure at first there would be quite a few people joining the tougher servers but eventually they would get weeded out.

I'm sure it's not worth the coding headache to pull something like this off but, to me, it would let people choose the environment they want and if the game ended up with 58 easymode servers and only 2 hardcore ones, the company could still make bank and people still enjoy the game they want to play.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:22 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
I wish they would not make this game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:06 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Tranthas
WoW: Niali
"What do you want to see?"

Something -- anything -- that I haven't seen before.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:53 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Draconi
WoW: Dalanthas
Rift: Dalanthas
EQ2: Daranthas
A Neural interface hook up so if you die in game you die in real life ??!!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:28 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

A fucking release date...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:21 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Oculus Rift maybe?

Also: EverQuest Next could be the first MMORPG to support the Oculus Rift

Too good to be true? We shall see.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:13 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
LoL: ScrubLeague
That sounds like it would be a terrible experience.

Offline Profile