It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:28 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:26 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

www.everquestnext.com

So Everquest Next is getting revealed tomorrow. Is anyone keeping an eye on that?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:01 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Prediction:
Free to play in 1.5 years, if it doesn't start that way already. I know nothing about this game.

Also before it gets started. No a lanys reunion won't happen because you all have jobs/families/careers/15 years of responsibility than when you started EQ.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:06 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

I believe it will be free to play at launch. That seems to be the direction SOE is headed in.

Edit:

http://www.eqnexus.com/forums/threads/e ... ndium.188/

There are a lot of quotes floating around that provide some context but no solid information.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:46 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Read through 2 pages of people taking guesses and/or posting awesome Tweets like "I don't think you will be very disappointed" or wait a day to find out the real details?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:01 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

http://biobreak.wordpress.com/2013/08/01/everquest-next-and-the-great-mmo-hope/

Quote:
EverQuest Next and the great MMO hope
Posted on August 1, 2013

Tomorrow is a big, big day for a lot of folks: It’s the day that SOE will finally pull back the curtain and show us what EverQuest Next is all about. To say this is anticipated is understating it a tad. SOE is preparing for record attendance at SOE Live this week and folks that have gotten an advance look at the title (under NDA) report being bowled over by it.

EverQuest Next has a lot riding on it. For starters, it’s the next chapter in SOE’s flagship EverQuest franchise and the first EverQuest title in many years. EQ’s glory days of being on the top of the heap are in distant memory. In a year where WoW is declining by over 2 million subscribers and Blizzard’s next MMO hit the reset button, SOE has a good chance to swoop in and get all sorts of attention. It’s shaping up to be the best time to ramp up the hype machine and get EQ back into the gamer vernacular, is what I’m saying.

SOE hasn’t been shy about talking up how awesome this game will be, either. It’s not just the next EverQuest game, but it’s the next huge sandbox game. Smedley’s used the promise of EQN to soothe the hurts that Star Wars Galaxies’ demise caused, and I know not just a few people that are praying and hoping that EQN will be a spiritual successor of sorts to SWG. There are quite a few sandbox MMOs in development right now (ArcheAge’s move to the west comes to mind), but this could be the biggest one of them all.

So. Lots riding on this. Personally, I’m interested if not invested in what will be revealed tomorrow. I have no hatred of EverQuest, but it’s never been my gaming “home” at all. SOE as a whole hasn’t ever bowled me over with its approach or selection of titles. Maybe that will change. I’m open to it. What I’m more cautious about is the whole sandbox thing. Everyone’s got their own interpretation of what a sandbox should and shouldn’t have, but what concerns me is how much structure underlies such an experience. I’m not a fan of a complete playground where everything is shaped by players and there’s no effort on the part of the game to provide guided experiences or give me a clue what to do. That said, I think we definitely could use a good shake-up in our approach to MMOs, and I won’t be that guy who crosses his arms and grunts, “This is too different!” just because it’s not like your standard game.

Style and game personality will be an influencing factor as well. I have never liked the EQ art in either game, so EQN could either attract or repel me depending on its feel.

I know a lot of folks have pledged their loyalties to WildStar or The Elder Scrolls Online as the next big thing right now. I have a feeling that EverQuest Next will be bumped up to that same level as of tomorrow. I’m excited to see if that’s the case.

So on the eve of the EQN reveal, what are some of your thoughts on it? Hopes?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:30 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

http://eqnexthub.com/

Someone built this page for the launch. Shows news coming out in real time.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:52 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

They have an interesting new concept for game design. I know that just this last week I logged in and was browsing through the market and saw a bunch of stuff that Cakvala designed for sale in EQ1. Expanding on that concept and building a game with player created everything from the ground up could be interesting.

It still hinges on whether the game itself is fun to play or not fun to play.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:53 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

I was actually pretty impressed by the reveal. The features seem pretty ambitious, and they actually showed a lot of it in action. Well, maybe not a LOT, but more than a lot of games show this early. (*cough* GW2 with their lofty talk and little demonstration)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:52 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Have they outlined the major differences other than destructive environment and tree's that instead of falling over explode upward into segments? Or will it be a week or two for the hype to resolve into actual details.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:40 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Having watched the reveal and things the only impression I'm left with is that this is one ambitious game. If everything comes together it could be revolutionary, but it's going to take a really strong player community to pull off.

Destructive environments + trolls = ?????

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:58 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Draconi
WoW: Dalanthas
Rift: Dalanthas
EQ2: Daranthas
Gnome tossing into breakable environments !?

WAIT !!

can you literally fall thru the world due to the worlds voxels make up ??

GENIUS SOE GENIUS ! :-D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:41 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

You can literally fall through the world to the subterranean layers, yes. You can dig that metaphoric tunnel to china now.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:01 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
All the plat will be mine.

Offline Profile