It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:45 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:15 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

What are folks playing AND having fun?

Played GW2 for a while, but it's a bit repetitive and no social other WvW where everyone follows one lead guy around. What am I missing?

Took the MoP 10 day trial to get a panda monk to lvl 12, full heirloom gear, but cannot bring myself to quest in the Barrens and hope for new content at 85, 73 levels of grinding later. Also it seems like everyone else has stopped playing.

Diablo 3, enjoy the monty haul smash and grab, bought all legendary on the AH with gold and ruined the game, now I'm just sleep walking the normal content until I can get the hell, nightmare, infernal tier access.

SWToR is F2P, tempted to check back into it with my "preferred" access. That felt a mix of same scenario quests, but I only took it to lvl 30ish. Has more social than others.

Maybe no MMO type game is going to be fun, maybe I need to go back to single player FPS, get an XBOX and join the MW crowd, is there a stamp collector MMO coming out? Honestly, they all hold my attention for a brief moment, there just isn't the social glue of EQ in most of these games. SWTOR comes the closest it seems, but I'm not a star wars fanboi.

So what are you playing and having fun?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:02 AM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
Pandaria, for me, is ridiculously fun. Even the daily rep grind wasn't so bad.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:07 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

So Pandaria on your lvl 85 to 90?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:35 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
LoL: ScrubLeague
Planetside 2 is pretty good for a couple of hours max at a time.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:20 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
WoW pretty much. Not really enjoying much about MoP, except for the raiding. Those are decent at least.

Everything else about it was pretty meh, and what interesting things they did do right "aka gardening" will probably be forgotten with the next expansion anyway.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:50 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

EQ1: Sarissa Candyangel
WoW: Sarix
WoW, LotRO, and Natural Selection 2 in about equal measure.

The raid finder made WoW a lot more bearable, never having to deal with guild drama. The new BG in Pandaria is also very well designed.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:52 PM 
I schooled the old school.
I schooled the old school.

I play Magic: The Gathering Online. Have for 5+ years now...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:15 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

MTGO / World of Tanks thinking everyday about restarting Dungeons and Dragons online... If you want to try a MMO you could try it. Pretty fun and different playstyle than the rest of MMO's

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:15 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

I just wasted 6 days playing Faster than Light. Picked it up on steam for 5 bucks. Not multi-player but I really enjoyed it. Reminded me of a watered down Master of Orion 2. Graphics suck but the simple strategy game play was nice.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:03 PM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

EQ1: Cakvala
WoW: Cakvala
LoL: Cakvala
I am old school, with Players Studio for EQ I have been playing that right now. They have drastically reduced the amount of time needed to get levels and or get quests or progression done.

You can now get your very own Cakvala Shield ornamentation in game for Everquest. Ha.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:15 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Switched from my Rogue to my Hunter in WoW and am having fun, for the time being. I'm enjoying soloing all the old raids for shits and giggles (Hyjal, Naxx, Black Temple, SSC, Tempest Keep, etc), and it's nice to finally not be a squishy melee on raids.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:07 PM 

Vanguard Saga of Heroes.....2012 and I finally have a computer that can play it at all full graphics (I7, 32 gig ram, 4 gig video etc)

Free to play up to level 20.....I'm just saying. There is only one server now, population is awesome and it feels like the real EQ 2.

They have the best bards that I have ever seen in any MMO. Each level you get normal skills and what not but you also get song parts, like 10% to run speed or something. You then make a song out of it. You start out with the ability to combine three effects to make a song or something and from there more slots open up. The amount of effects that you can have for one song increase every so often. So you can make up a super fast run song with like a 10% run, 20% and a 40%, after you get those upgrades. Or you could make a heal song with some sort of weapon or spell haste with mana regen. You can compose as many songs as you want, name them and put them on your hot bars for play later.

There are four or five different types of healers, from the classic plate wearing cleric, robe spell casting dps type bloodmage, monk tank/dps type disciple, druid (cloth type caster) and shaman that can be a spell caster, healer or tank.

There are three different tank classes, an AOE dps/tank dreadknight with life taps etc builds dread on a target and receives bonuses or debuffs, Paladin, more defensive single target dps with group and single heals, and a warrior which is a balance of the other two or something. Not too many warriors around, but we use them in raids go figure.

DPS classes are awesome...and there is some other classes that do whatever like cc and what not.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:15 PM 
Noob
Noob

I went back to WoW and it makes me sad in my pants lol.

I'm enjoying the pokemon aspect of it, I don't get heaps of time to play anymore for raiding and such like I used to, so logging on and just doing a bit of stuff before the baby wakes up is nice.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:40 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Played through XCOM from Steam. (Of course I paid full price, not the $33 sale price.). Brought back good memories. It's a good remake.

They remade Syndicate into an FPS. Dammit

Supposedly StarCraft II is the successor to DUNE II, I've not been a big StarCraft fan.

I think MMO's without a good community means playing PC games...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:48 AM 

Syndicate is $5 on Amazon and is pretty good for what it is.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:49 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

Starcraft 2 is basically the Ur RTS. Company of Heroes and Sins of a Solar Empire are great in their own way, and MOBAs like League of Legends and DOTA 2 are fantastic versions of that kind of game, but really if you want some Easy To Learn Fucking Impossible To Master RTS action, Starcraft 2 is the game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:01 PM 

EQ1: Ekilam
WoW: Xinge
Rift: Xinge
EQ2: Xinge
Raiding in wow and leveling in Rift. Bored of both. Dont think the MMO thing can hold my attention for too long anymore. May try out eq1 again soon.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:12 PM 
Selling FBR First Torch!
Selling FBR First Torch!

SWGEmu and Vanguard.

SWGEmu has come a LONG way and it's feeling very close (yes, including the bad parts) to SWG before they destroyed the game. I'm really enjoying it though!

I don't play Vanguard a lot, maybe 4-6 hours a week. My toons are all pretty low and the guild I was in when I left is pretty much gone. I'd say if I had a good group of friends playing fairly regularly I could really enjoy the game though. Masjuan pretty much nailed it when he said "real EQ 2"

Those are pretty much it gamewise for me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:57 AM 

Friend me, my main is a paladin named Demondread (and I have a dk named creepindeath). Look me up if you need me to mentor down for a tank or just need a named killed. I just hit lvl 52 tonight.

More for Vanguard! It's a great game....just down load the noobie island demo and I bet if you're an old school EQ lover, then you'll love this. Lots to do, no instances, epic epic quests with legendary items...lots of healers in the world (my groups average 1-3 healers). Flying mounts that go anywhere...and the world is beautiful. Best MMO Bards ever...and I've been playing MMOs since Ultima Online in 1997 or 8...I forget. Rangers aren't gimp. We have Gnomes! and like 20 other classes, half-giants, orcs, cat people, dog people, fox things, goblin characters, few different types of elves, etc....Non-cartoon graphics.

Bad side, a few bugs (I have trouble going up stairs) and no pvp, if you like that sort of thing. If you come in, look me up and say that you're from Lanys, I might have some junk to hand down to you.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:27 PM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

I've started playing this again recently, and I have to say, it's pretty fun.

That being said, it does suck that at low levels you have to RUN everywhere. Yes I said it, RUN. Reminds me of the old days of EQ.

Also, with the Patch that was put in today, they have removed many of the F2P restrictions that were there before today.

Quote from the Producer's letter

Quote:
That means everyone can play any race, any class, to any level for free. You can also own a house, create guilds, and do a bunch of other things.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:51 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Draconi
WoW: Dalanthas
Rift: Dalanthas
EQ2: Daranthas
I d/l the Vanguard client to see what the game was now after so many years, still have my 21 monk Dalanx and my 16 Druid Draconisx lol

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:02 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Arunhah
WoW: Scathain
Rift: Arunhah
EQ2: Scathian
Kenyana wrote:
That being said, it does suck that at low levels you have to RUN everywhere. Yes I said it, RUN. Reminds me of the old days of EQ.

If you're willing to spend the RL cash, you can buy mounts at any level. Can't get flying mounts until level 50 though. I did it, and definitely do not regret it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:43 AM 

Station Cash flying mounts can now be used at level 40. You'll probably get one from a locked chest much much earlier though. Free to play has much more open now, nothing to lose on a free game.

Look meh up! -----> Demondread or Creepindeath.

Draconi, I was putting my 45 year old car back together again and checking my pm's but you never came back on. There's always tomorrow. ps. I love killing monsters.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:03 PM 
Troller in Training
Troller in Training

I'm in EQ2 right now on the Freeport server.. its a fun game with tons of stuff to do.. A bit lonely through here.. server has good population but new to the server so don't know anyone on it.. If anyone care to join me send a tell toon is Jollenar

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:59 PM 
I am a Spaceman

EQ1: Muligan
EQ2: Muligan
SWOR: Muligan
Playing League of Legends pretty well every night. Friends are more serious than I am. I just tag along and fill a spot for the competitive side of things.

Testing Simcity which is awesome.

Hoping to test FFXIV. I have never heard of a game open for about a year, shut down, and re-open. Alpha people seem to enjoy it. I'll try it or ESO until EQN.

I have a bad MMO itch so hoping something with scratch it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:15 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Tranthas
WoW: Niali
Elder Scrolls MMO went into beta this week.
Right now I play AC3 when the wife wants to watch, Torchlight 2 if not. I don't know if I'll do another MMO -- I just don't have the time to commit anymore.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:27 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Played through SC2 campaign, not terribly interested in multiplayer zerg rushes, but coop play has been interesting. I like to base build, not just rush the other guy. Waiting on the 3/12 heartswarm expansion to play through the zerg campaign.

Picked up BF3 for some smash and grab FPS, it can be fun playing the small crowded maps with shotgun warfare point blank. Great well to raise ranks.

After reading what folks posted, checking out vanguard, league of legends, and elder scrolls MMO.
Also waiting for the Walking Dead FPS due out late March. Love the show.

Anyone heard anything about Blizz Titan project? Folks think they'll announce at this years blizzcon, and the game will come out next year 2014. The next "WoW killer?!?!" My guess is a new secret world type MMO, where samurai's can battle cyber punks and orcs all at the same time! lol
no clue

Azzi

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:01 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

I did not know Brad McQuaid went back to Vanguard last Feb
http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/07/05 ... d-mcquaid/

Also the F2P conversion last Aug will help to keep numbers up

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:24 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

I just loaded up Project 99 again, may give me something to do for awhile.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:07 PM 

I am going to play Rift. Then I'm going to play Neverwinter when it comes out. Then I'm going to try Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn and be a jumping Tarutaru.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:46 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Draconi
WoW: Dalanthas
Rift: Dalanthas
EQ2: Daranthas
Nothing seems to hold my interest anymore for more than a hour or two here and then, think I'm reaching the end of the gaming line, I can't even seem to play console games for more than a 30 minutes

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:46 PM 
I am a Spaceman

EQ1: Muligan
EQ2: Muligan
SWOR: Muligan
Givin Wetwillies wrote:
I am going to play Rift. Then I'm going to play Neverwinter when it comes out. Then I'm going to try Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn and be a jumping Tarutaru.

This answers my question in another post. When I began following FF14 and now seeing what they are doing with ARR, I thought of you. I actually ran into Elidrin on the FoH (now Rerolled) forums and we spoke about it.

Be anxious to further discuss once the NDA drops. Let's just say though, out of everything i've played and I have played and beta'd just about everything, this game is more enjoyable and solid than anything I've played in a long, long time. This is coming from someone who is looking for a more traditional MMO, no bells and whistles, or PvP at the moment.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:37 PM 
Noob
Noob

Well, I started playing on Project 1999 and I'm really enjoying it. To be honest, I'm enjoying playing here more than I've enjoyed myself in any MMO (and I've played a metric fukton) in easily 5-6 years. Started playing on a whim after the EQNext reveal and as I hear more about EQNext, the less I'm anxiously awaiting it and just enjoying the hell out of myself over on P99.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:03 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Project 1999 seems interesting, I've been playing Skyrim to become acquainted with Elder Scrolls lore.
Quite the time sink running all about Tamriel.
Not expecting much until TESO or EQNext.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:13 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

I don't understand how people are excited for TESO when they could just play literally all the other MMOs and have roughly the same experience.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:32 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Playing the XCOM enemy within expansion (repeatedly). Apparently turn based games are my speed now.
tried tsw, but got bored quickly
is there any mmo that stays interesting after lvl 40?

Debating what to play during the holiday down time.
no teso
no eqnext
maybe some zombie shooter?

fuck if i know...

so sad

Offline Profile