All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: OH WTF? REALLY? REALLY?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:53 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

This is just insane.

Fake Gun, Fake Currency, Real Jail Time Figure in Alleged Runescape Robbery

Quote:
A 19-year-old Fordham University student is looking at 15 years in the slammer after allegedly putting a BB gun to the head of a classmate and demanding that 4.7 billion Runescape coins be transferred to his character, reports the New York Post.

The bizarre robbery happened after the accused, Humza Bajwa (above, as pictured today on the New York Post's website), first tried to buy the Runescape currency with what appeared to be counterfeit money. David Emani said he was acting on behalf of his friend, Jonathan Dokler, who was at home monitoring the deal on a cell phone waiting for Emani's confirmation that the deal was legitimate, and to transfer the coins.

Even after the first deal fell apart, Dokler still wanted to sell Bajwa the coins, so a second one was arranged. This time Emani flatly told Bajwa his money was counterfeit. That's when Bajwa whipped out a pellet gun that looked like a real handgun and put it to Emani's head, the Post reported.

"I couldn't believe I was about to get shot over RuneScape," he told the Post. He was ordered to call Dokler and tell him to transfer the 4.7 billion coins, worth about $3,000 in real world money, even though Runescape's maker officially prohibits gold selling. Dokler gave over the coins, and after an investigation, Bajwa was arrested at his Massachusetts home.

Bajwa has been charged with second degree robbery, which carries a 15-year maximum sentence if convicted. The Post of course, already calls him a video game addict. Probably the most laughable quote comes from Dokler, the guy who didn't have a fake gun put to his head in a demand for fake money. "I'm not terribly surprised [by the robbery attempt] because the coins are pretty much as good as cash," he told the Post. You know, you never hear about a Runescape coin deal gone good, do you?

What the hell is wrong with people?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:06 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
I wonder how many times you've asked that question on these boards. It's like you are actually surprised every time a person does something stupid.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:32 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

People are stupid, Neesha?!? I never would had guessed that in a million years :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:22 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Draconi
WoW: Dalanthas
Rift: Dalanthas
EQ2: Daranthas
stupid is relative, common sense on the other hand, well that left planet Earth somewhere in the middle of the 20th century :blob4:

Offline Profile