It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:58 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Unbiased Aion review!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:46 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

EQ1: Elidrin
WoW: Avelle
Well maybe not completely unbiased, but pretty funny.

Better if you go to the link and watch it in HD, but I embedded it incase you're lazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsACVBY_jb0

Avelle 75 PLD/DRG/DRK/BRD
Midgardsormr - Active again
Elidrin 75 Paladin
Midgardsormr - Retired
Elidrin 65 Ranger
Lanys T'Vyl - Retired

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:35 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Nice one

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:24 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Templar at release, if you play.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:49 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

EQ1: Aaramis, Aerendil
EQ2: Aaramis, Telomir
SWOR: Aaramis
Givin Wetwillies wrote:
Templar at release, if you play.

Have you tried it out, Givin?

I'd like to hear an actual review on this one.
I know people who are absolutely wetting themselves over this game, but I can't help but think "it's Lineage II with a better character creation and a bit flashier attacks. That's it."

Last edited by Aaramis on Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:21 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:39 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

When it is all said and done, this game will be remembered for the hot ass chick in charge and not the gameplay. :p

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:05 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

The game actually is quite fun. I played a bit in the chinese beta with the english patch and now a bit more in the most recent closed beta. I haven't had a chance to pvp yet since I haven't been high enough so I can't really comment on that. I think next closed beta they are upping the level cap so maybe I'll get to play around in the abyss, which is the big pvp area. I think it's worth looking into if people are bored of the current MMO options.

And honestly, with a game this gorgeous, how could you not want to play it?

http://www.risen-guild.com/avelle/aion/Aion0000.jpg

edit: Oh I almost forgot, while the player store is a cool feature, this shit is going to be out of control on live. This is a screenshot of what you're greeted with when teleporting into the Asmodian capital city, imagine what it will be like at release.

http://www.risen-guild.com/avelle/aion/Aion0005.jpg

Elidrin 75 Paladin
Midgardsormr - Retired
Elidrin 65 Ranger
Lanys T'Vyl - Retired

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:26 AM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

EQ1: Rugen Payne
WoW: Mathaen
It is gorgeous. But the shine went away for me once I got my wings and realized they are on a friggin timer, and a short one at that....

It was amazing how much I was willing to forgive along the way in the hopes of those wings being a permanent ability. ;)

That video is pretty spot on, actually.

The wolverine thing cracks me up.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:01 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

I was a little disappointed by the flight timer being so limited and there being areas you can't fly in but I think I'm ok with that design decision. You can glide a really long time once you get good at it if you want in non-flying areas. If the PvP turns out to be fun I think I could play this for a while. It seems like it could be a nice change of pace for me. I've been into hardcore PvE basically the entire time I've played MMOs, with the exception of running battlegrounds and 5v5s/3v3s in WoW. I think I'd like to see how it goes playing a game that seems to focus largely on PvP instead.

Elidrin 75 Paladin
Midgardsormr - Retired
Elidrin 65 Ranger
Lanys T'Vyl - Retired

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:24 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Eli, that screenshot of the player marketplace could have been taken in Lineage II. Seriously, it looks the exact same there.

I'm still waiting to see how this game differs from Lineage. Until then, it's L3 in my eyes.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:21 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

I think you can compare it to Lineage 2 but you could draw comparisons to other games as well. I mean it has instanced content, they patch fairly often from what I've seen as well. The PvP in Lineage 2 was pretty fucking awful and seemed to have almost no point to it. From what I've read about Aion PvP it seems more objective based so perhaps that's good? I won't know for sure until they up the level cap and let us into Abyss or whatever the big PvP deal is. They also have things called Rifts I guess where you can jump into areas of the opposing faction and get some world pvp action going on, but the Rifts are unstable and only a few people can pass through them before they close.

Honestly, I think people should give the game a shot. It's not going to be for everyone but I think people looking for something a little different may enjoy it. I may completely change my mind when I experience PvP and see what that's like!

Elidrin 75 Paladin
Midgardsormr - Retired
Elidrin 65 Ranger
Lanys T'Vyl - Retired

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:08 PM 
Noob
Noob

I might get stomped on for my opinion, but I think the game play is very very similar to WoW. Not that I think that is bad, WoW was a good game. However the combo system makes the game a little bit interesting (and frustrating) in different ways. Also the game is a tad more difficult than WoW. In some ways I feel the old EQ days, in the sense you can camp spots and grind to level fastest, as well as camped named mobs and PHs. I didn't get past level 20, due to only being on the beta, but it was fun and I do plan on playing it. I'm not sure yet as to if it is worth playing for a year or two, but that purely depends on end content. So far I rate it "worth playing if you bring friends" since I don't trust the average idiot on MMORPGs these days. PVE wise it is not largely different than WoW (Pre-20, I don't know past 20). However, I hear it gets progressively harder and soloing is not an effective choice for most classes. And I agree that1-14 was easily soloable, but I saw a bunch of people dieing 15-20 (it wasn't hard, they were just total idiots and couldn't watch pathing of mobs around them)

Also, the wings are pretty bad ass even with the timer (which can be extended with items). You sometimes are in a position like "gah... I have to walk ALL around this wall to find the entrance, walk to the store, sell stuff, then walk ALL the way back here" then you're like "HELLZ NO BITCHES" and fly over the wall sell your shit and fly back. It's useful, instant, and nice for the retreat function. Also you get skills that get bonuses in air.

And the change your offense/defense effectiveness on the direction you are moving thing is pretty cool. Hold backwards, defense boost, side to side, dodge boost, forward, damage boost. You can easily parry a whole fight as a melee, or do extra damage a whole fight, or if you are completely bad-ass, time it perfectly and do both. But it is similar to WoW's warrior's stances in the sense that you take more damage when you hold forward and deal less damage when holding backwards.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:27 PM 
Spider Slayer

AoC has something similar, double tapping backward gave dodge, side to side gave something, double tap forward gave chance to stun.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:34 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
Lol..this game would eat my puter allllllive.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:40 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

I had an older Core2Duo and 8800gts video card and ran the game pretty well. The screenshot above where you see me in the Asmodian Capital City with 40something FPS is on my new Core i7 920, 275gtx system with settings maxed at 1920x1200 and 8x AA. The game is really not that taxing unless you're in areas like that, which most areas are not anywhere near that taxing. Abyss sieges may be a different story though.

Elidrin 75 Paladin
Midgardsormr - Retired
Elidrin 65 Ranger
Lanys T'Vyl - Retired

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:05 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

For as beautiful as the game looks ingame it runs well on both high end and low end computers from my experience. Haven't seen sieges yet though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:08 PM 

EQ1: Ekilam
WoW: Xinge
Rift: Xinge
EQ2: Xinge
is it a pvp based game? or will there be pvp servers and pve ones?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:02 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

Lich Ekilam wrote:
is it a pvp based game? or will there be pvp servers and pve ones?

There are no plans to create PvE servers as far as I know. The game is classified by the developers as PvPvE. 1-25 is pretty much strictly PvE at which point I believe you get access to the Abyss where both factions clash on a regular basis. The exp and rewards are supposedly better in Abyss but there are still other areas to quest in that isn't so heavily contested. The game does focus a lot on PvP, there will be fortress sieges which open up new instances for people of that faction so there will be quite a bit of PvE as well. I do have the feeling that PvE in this game will likely be a huge joke but I don't really have any proof.

Elidrin 75 Paladin
Midgardsormr - Retired
Elidrin 65 Ranger
Lanys T'Vyl - Retired

Last edited by elidrin on Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:50 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:43 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Kinda sounds like Warhamma

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:08 PM 
Spider Slayer

From what I read on the WoW forums end-game raids are like 54 person.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:19 AM 

EQ1: Ekilam
WoW: Xinge
Rift: Xinge
EQ2: Xinge
total pvp kills it for me. guess ill wait for something else....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:38 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

^^ It's not, it's PvPvE, the same as Lineage.

I think Eli meant to say "The game is classified by the developers as PvPvE. 1-25 is pretty much strictly PvEat which point I believe you get access to the Abyss where both factions clash on a regular basis."

Also, if it's like Lineage, the PvP is optional. You can entirely avoid it if you really want to.
I'm also curious if there are penalties / rules regarding ganking. Again, using a Lineage comparison as this game is still identical to it as far as I can tell, there were certain penalties in place for ganking/griefing people, especially if they didn't fight back, that dissuaded you from doing so. I'd imagine Aion is similar.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:50 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

Oops, I meant to say 1-25 was strictly PvE ya. :X

Elidrin 75 Paladin
Midgardsormr - Retired
Elidrin 65 Ranger
Lanys T'Vyl - Retired

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:50 AM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
And is there open PVP? And do you have the option of playing on a PVE server?

For those of us who do not care for PVP in MMO's, period, is this a game for us? =P

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:58 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

http://www.hellokittyonline.com/us/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:34 AM 

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:22 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

Vanamar wrote:
And is there open PVP? And do you have the option of playing on a PVE server?

For those of us who do not care for PVP in MMO's, period, is this a game for us? =P

PvP is pretty much open world. I can't speak from experience much because I haven't been to the Abyss(this week is the first time Abyss will be open) but as far as I know that is where the best exp and rewards are and that's full blown pvp. There are other areas to quest and such but there are also things called rifts where the opposite faction can drop in on those areas. The rifts are timed and only allow certain amounts of people through so it's not really a big deal but if you don't want pvp at all, this game is definitely not for you. There are no plans for PvE servers as far as I've seen.

Elidrin 75 Paladin
Midgardsormr - Retired
Elidrin 65 Ranger
Lanys T'Vyl - Retired

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:38 PM 

Seeing as how 99.9% of the endgame revolves around the rift armor, which you get with rift points, which you grind like a korean sweatshop worker through random world PvP, I would say that no, there is no PvE end game at all.

If you even have one teeny weeny bit of dislike for pvp, save your money.

Me personally, I'm giving it a pass because it has zero interesting factors to sell it at all. That and I am very wary of a game that has to patch in WSAD movement in a "beta" even tho its been out forever overseas.

Lineage 2 1/2. No thanks.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:25 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

Givin Wetwillies wrote:
Me personally, I'm giving it a pass because it has zero interesting factors to sell it at all. That and I am very wary of a game that has to patch in WSAD movement in a "beta" even tho its been out forever overseas.

Where did you see that Givin? I haven't played since the first NA closed beta but I hadn't heard anything about that. That's pretty sad if that's true though, it definitely wasn't like that when I played Chinese beta also.

Elidrin 75 Paladin
Midgardsormr - Retired
Elidrin 65 Ranger
Lanys T'Vyl - Retired

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:17 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

I've heard that a lot of asian gamers are really into the point-and-click interface for MMORPGs(and other games), especially Koreans seemingly after the whole StarCraft phenom. You see it a number of their games.

I don't see why it's a big deal though... provided it's implemented properly, it shouldn't really change anything much. You'd end up being wary of the entire asian market at that rate, considering how many countless games are tailored in different ways for Western releases.

The one thing that concerns me is that I've heard from a few different sources that Aion's combat is actually slower-paced than WoW just like Warhammer was. That frightens me, and I don't understand why MMORPG developers seem intent on making games that require slower response times instead of faster. It sucks because the whole combo system had me intrigued at first. AoC was close in this respect, but not quite. And of course Vanguard was pretty slow, but fortunately had other appealing attributes.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:20 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

Aion has both point and click and wasd, was just curious where he saw NA beta didn't have wasd until they patched it in. Combat time in Aion doesn't feel any different than it did in WoW. Things die in 10 seconds or less, elites take a little bit longer as they should. I don't know who your source is but unless they're referring to something I haven't seen yet, they seem wrong. :P

Elidrin 75 Paladin
Midgardsormr - Retired
Elidrin 65 Ranger
Lanys T'Vyl - Retired

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:43 AM 
Spider Slayer

Aion fanboys on WoW forums are rabid. Off-topic forum is filled with Aion threads and they're there championing Aion in every single one like it's gonna make people like it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:34 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

And we all (minus Eli) know it will suck.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:46 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

Neesha the Necro wrote:
And we all (minus Eli) know it will suck.

I didn't say it wouldn't suck, I said it was worth looking into if people were looking for something new to play.

Elidrin 75 Paladin
Midgardsormr - Retired
Elidrin 65 Ranger
Lanys T'Vyl - Retired

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:53 PM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

EQ1: Cakvala
WoW: Cakvala
LoL: Cakvala
That game looks fun to look at.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:48 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

Part2 of this guys "un"biased review video.

Elidrin 75 Paladin
Midgardsormr - Retired
Elidrin 65 Ranger
Lanys T'Vyl - Retired

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:09 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

The guy reviewing it is pretty funny.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:19 AM 

I have no idea what to make of this game now. Maybe Eli can shed some light on this.

So in 1.5(Korea/china) you can grind PvE in all but one of the end game dungeons for Abyss Points with zero danger of being ganked and losing said points. You can even go to and from all but one dungeon without hitting the abyss via direct teleports?

So is this a PvP game with zero PvP that you can grind PvE to get PvP gear you will never use?

And I think 1.2 or 1.3 put in WSAD for the NA version. What are they going to ship with at launch? I may preorder just to ride this train in.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:45 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

Givin Wetwillies wrote:
I have no idea what to make of this game now. Maybe Eli can shed some light on this.

So in 1.5(Korea/china) you can grind PvE in all but one of the end game dungeons for Abyss Points with zero danger of being ganked and losing said points. You can even go to and from all but one dungeon without hitting the abyss via direct teleports?

So is this a PvP game with zero PvP that you can grind PvE to get PvP gear you will never use?

And I think 1.2 or 1.3 put in WSAD for the NA version. What are they going to ship with at launch? I may preorder just to ride this train in.

Well NA Beta is 1.0 and it has WASD soooo I dunno who told you that but they are pretty wrong. 1.5 is the launch version. There's some big commotion over on AionSource forums about being able to PvE to get abyss points but this was never a new concept so I'm not sure why so many people are butthurt over it. I have no idea how many points you can get compared to PvP but honestly I think the entire system is pretty fucking broken either way. Everything else about the porting between fortresses and shit is true though. You still have to capture/defend them so you should still need to PvP.

Elidrin 75 Paladin
Midgardsormr - Retired
Elidrin 65 Ranger
Lanys T'Vyl - Retired

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:32 AM 

Fuck it. It's $50 that I'd just waste on another piece of shit. Might as well try it.

EDIT: This convinced me.

Flippy manbadger ownage.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:44 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

Next phase of beta is this weekend, if you pay 5 bucks to preorder it at Gamestop or somewhere you can get into beta for sure. Doesn't have to be 50 bucks!

Elidrin 75 Paladin
Midgardsormr - Retired
Elidrin 65 Ranger
Lanys T'Vyl - Retired

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:20 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Khameir
WoW: Khameir
Rift: Khameir
EQ2: Khameir
LoL: Khameir
SWOR: Khameir
Yeah, Gamestop finally got smart after the Warhammer fiasco over Beta Keys (I ended up with 3 sets of preorder beta codes). If you preorder Aion via the website for either mail delivery or in-store pick up, you can't cancel the preorder once they email you the Beta code.

Still not sure how comfortable I am with how NCSoft is handling this beta though. This trend of being able to buy your way into game betas needs to seriously stop, because to me its one of the many reasons why a lot of the MMOs are failing these days. You can't run a serious test when over half the people who're in your testing pool only got in because they either won a contest, random beta key grab OR paid for their key.

Edit: To elaborate...being able to gain access to Open Beta (typically stress tests) as a preorder incentive isn't a bad thing. It helps give games a bit of extra push while allowing the individual retailers to gain a few more bucks.

Being able to buy into Closed Beta stages are completely different.

Last edited by Khameir on Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:34 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:28 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:
Flippy manbadger ownage.

Woot, way to Omnislash that guy, knight dude.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:45 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

Khameir wrote:
Yeah, Gamestop finally got smart after the Warhammer fiasco over Beta Keys (I ended up with 3 sets of preorder beta codes). If you preorder Aion via the website for either mail delivery or in-store pick up, you can't cancel the preorder once they email you the Beta code.

Still not sure how comfortable I am with how NCSoft is handling this beta though. This trend of being able to buy your way into game betas needs to seriously stop, because to me its one of the many reasons why a lot of the MMOs are failing these days. You can't run a serious test when over half the people who're in your testing pool only got in because they either won a contest, random beta key grab OR paid for their key.

Edit: To elaborate...being able to gain access to Open Beta (typically stress tests) as a preorder incentive isn't a bad thing. It helps give games a bit of extra push while allowing the individual retailers to gain a few more bucks.

Being able to buy into Closed Beta stages are completely different.

Except that NA/EU beta is basically just one big localization test. Game has already been retail in Korea since last November and don't plan on NCWest changing anything for us.

Elidrin 75 Paladin
Midgardsormr - Retired
Elidrin 65 Ranger
Lanys T'Vyl - Retired

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:20 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Khameir
WoW: Khameir
Rift: Khameir
EQ2: Khameir
LoL: Khameir
SWOR: Khameir
In Aion's case, that makes it worse. They're making money off localization testing, which I think is a huge ripoff because Game Studios pay people to do that for them. They're making money off potential players AND getting tons of free man hours out of testers. Grats to them I guess for finding new sources of capital.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:36 PM 

In store prepay. $5 still gets you the beta. If I don't like it, I just don't show up on release day to pick it up.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:11 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Bananea
WoW: Nananea
Got the beta for $3.00 @ shattered crystal. What server are you guys on?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:51 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

I'm on Israphel as Asmodian but you should probably try both sides to get a good feel for what you want to play. Beta will start this Friday at 3pm EST.

Elidrin 75 Paladin
Midgardsormr - Retired
Elidrin 65 Ranger
Lanys T'Vyl - Retired

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:32 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Eli, please tell me you're not playing a manprincess again!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:43 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

Aaramis wrote:

No, I'm not playing a Human Ranger, thanks for your concern though! :snakeman:

Elidrin 75 Paladin
Midgardsormr - Retired
Elidrin 65 Ranger
Lanys T'Vyl - Retired

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:02 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

Latest CBT5 patch info if anyone cares.

Quote:
Closed Beta #5 is coming.
July 29, 2009 3:33 PM

We had a blast showing off Aion to the enormous crowds of people and potential robots at Comic-Con in San Diego last week. It was a crazy event that spanned five days - but we are now back in the office, getting ready to launch a brand new beta event that is sure to tickle your curiosity. Read on.

Closed Beta event #5 (CB5) is incoming, ladies and gentlemen, and it's coming with a respectable shipment of fixes, improvements and fine additions which we have worked hard to complete since the previous event. To give you an overview, please find below a pure list of things to expect for this coming weekend:

* New Sound files have been added
o NPCs should now have a greet and farewell voice
o Cutscenes will now have voice
o Race Prologues are now available when you create a new character for Elyos and Asmodian
o Tutorial videos are now available in game via the help menu
o Player voices are now available at character creation
o System voices are now available
* New NPC Dialogue/Quest text for Theobomos and Brusthonin
* Various Localization fixes
o Broken HTMLs have been fixed
o Various grammatical errors have been fixed
o Various Glossary term fixed
* 2 New servers added for each territory

Especially exciting for us is to introduce a first round of English audio, allowing you all to have a small taste of a more completely localized version of Aion. As we have announced before we are committed to releasing Aion with all its content adjusted and culturalized into top-notch English, including character voices and voice-overs. Keep in mind that these are currently implemented as a beta feature and that they will contain minor irregularities and bugs. Bear with us as we work to polish this and extend the volume of content even more in the foreseeable future. You will be able to log in to the game no later than on Friday noon PDT (8 PM BST, 9 PM CEST), marking the exciting dawn for two entirely new game servers for each territory. In order to promote newcomers to join these new servers, character creation will be disabled on all other servers during the beginning of the event.

Meanwhile, the much asked for beta forums will open for responsible posting again on Thursday 30th noon PDT (8 PM BST, 9 PM CEST). Don't miss it, as constructive feedback means a lot to us and allows us to make even more accurate improvements to the game before launch.

Let us thereupon extend a hopefully helpful recommendation as conclusion to this announcement. The audio-rich patch for CB5 is definitely a big one, and it's advisable for you to boot up your patcher as soon as possible in order to get the game ready for the weekend. Waiting until the last minute to download all the new content we're pushing out for this event could mean that you miss out on a good amount of enjoyable playtime!

That's all for now, see you in Atreia!

The patch is pretty good size at 438megs so if you've already downloaded and installed the game for this beta, you should check the launcher before Friday to make sure you're good to go. I'm getting a whopping 40kb/sec download, pretty impressive I tell ya!

Elidrin 75 Paladin
Midgardsormr - Retired
Elidrin 65 Ranger
Lanys T'Vyl - Retired

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:27 AM 

I am going Chanter and Cleric. Probably Cleric because chanter looks to be a popular choice behind Templars.

EDIT: 41 KBs.....weak.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:50 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

elidrin wrote:
Aaramis wrote:

No, I'm not playing a Human Ranger, thanks for your concern though! :snakeman:

Clearly you misread "manprincess" for "sexiest race/class combination ever"!

Givin - yeah, Chanter seems popular from what I've seen on the boards from the Aionzomgwtfbbq folk. Spiritmaster or whatever it's called with all of the elemental summons is apparently pretty good too, especially for PvE.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:00 AM 
Oh yeah? How 'bout I kick your ass?

EQ1: Xkhan
WoW: Xkhan
Going to Fry's today at 2:30. Lani Blazier Associate Producer for Aion will be there to discuss the game and demo it.

Hopefully I will get a beta key :)

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:26 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

She's hot, post pics.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:31 AM 

will do!

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:09 PM 

It was a complete bust. It was a "Webcast" presentation of the most primal kind. Couldn't see the trailer, no audio etc...

And Loni looked like she had been munching skittles by the pound for 6mos because she looked pretty hefty.

_____

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:52 PM 

This game plays......weird. Moving your character, even after turning off click to move and adjusting it feels like I am driving a bus, not a hot big titted dark elf hottie.

EDIT 1:

Collect ground spawn quests. Lots of them.

SLOW RESPAWNING ITEMS. THOUSANDS OF PLAYERS ATTEMPTING TO COLLECT THEM AT THE SAME TIME. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU THINKING? THERE IS NO FUCKING WAY ASIANS COULD ENJOY THIS SHIT, LET ALONE THE NA AUDIENCE, FIX THIS BULLSHIT NOW.

Yes, I know its early rush. Yes, I know it also happened in WoW. That's the point.

Fuck. Have developers learned nothing?

Changed over to Channel 10, helped somewhat. This redeems the game a bit.

EDIT 2:

Get disconnected from the game? No title screen or server select for you. Eat Windows Desktop faggot.

And it's a hefty load back in, at least for this beta.

EDIT 3:

Exp for gathering/tradeskilling. Real real exp. More plus points.

EDIT 4:

The game does not take well to lag at all. You can still be running around for solid minutes and not know whats going on, then all of a sudden rubber band yourself back to the 70s.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:36 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

Beta is lagging like a motherfucker this weekend. Last weekend had some issues but this week is way worse.

If only they had a years worth of experience in other major countries they could fall back on to prevent these kinds of problems. Oh wait. I seem to remember the same shit happening in Lineage 2 beta after the game had been out in Asia for fucking ever.

Elidrin 75 Paladin
Midgardsormr - Retired
Elidrin 65 Ranger
Lanys T'Vyl - Retired

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:20 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Givin hurry up and finish your degree so you can make a badass MMO for me to play

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:18 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Bananea
WoW: Nananea
The lag is really terrible.

Offline Profile