It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:39 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:27 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

I hear a lot of rumors that 2010 is going to be a huge boom for MMOs. I remain mildly pessimistic. I have long since lost faith in the creativity of corporate endeavors.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:36 AM 
Spider Slayer

Just an update. Account hacked. :x

Nothing on my end. Everything is secure and I scanned thoroughly. I use different e-mails/passwords for different games, use junk/dummy info on fansites.

Only thing I did find was my password on a hashlist of cracked or in the process of being decrypted passwords. It wasn't the strongest password but it had numbers/letters and was 9 characters long.

Made off with about 500 mil. Luckily most of my gear can't be destroyed but it seems they're keeping my gear intact, probably with the intention of botting.

NCsoft has no checks in place for changing secret questions/email, so I didn't even receive an email when they changed the password. Was pretty well orchestrated considering they logged in right after NCsoft support business hours.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:38 AM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
You'd be surprised at the amount of keyloggers that nothing can detect.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:02 AM 
Spider Slayer

Well, I scanned, monitored my netstat for a while, as well as running Windows/McAfee firewall, checked msconfig and my processes. It's a new computer too. Getting Firefox with ABP/NoScript is the first thing I did. The login/pw are NCsoft specific. Nothing else I use computer for was compromised. :|

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:42 AM 
Spider Slayer

5 month update! Still doing double exp weekend. Fort vulnerabilities got changed to one hour. Lot of servers are dying and/or dominated by one faction. Took 15 days for them to restore my/legions stuff.

They're doing some cash shop shit like selling dye/event items in holiday packs. $10 bucks for dye/random crap, now they're selling a magazine with white or black dye, 5 of them for one character only.

Other than that new Aion 2.0 updates coming. Just teaser stuff. Increasing drop rates in the only lvl 50 instance, weapon synthesizing, anti-stun stats.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:19 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
Vanamar wrote:
You'd be surprised at the amount of keyloggers that nothing can detect.

Yeah a friend of mine was just hacked in wow yesterday. She actually caught the guy midhack but he'd already cleaned out her alt's guildbanks in that small time period. She and her husband are pretty internet/puter savvy but she did admit her computer was behind in updates and a scan found a couple things.

If a keylogger actively monitors keystrokes couldn't something be set in place to monitor for something duplicating keystroke data being typed?

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:22 AM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
that's not how keyloggers work :P

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:18 PM 
Spider Slayer

welp, gave it 6 months. i quit. been stagnant for an entire month or so. the only "pvp" is ganking farmers and a shared pve instance with point objectives three times a day. it was actually pretty fun for a couple months, but ap loss for dying in pvp is too high and caused a lot of people to not want to come out. can wander around all day and pretty much only fight the same 10 or so people.

basically it's a pretty game, heavily influenced by rng, but ncsoft west is just bleeding it dry while it slowly dies and scamming the rest of their customers into buying cash shop shit.

Offline Profile