It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:28 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FF XIV
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:17 PM 

Post link when I get home. Keeping on everything from iPhone. PS3 exclusive mean no Xbox or truly PS3 only?

Team Bro Returns?

Post subject: Re: FF XIV
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:49 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Givin Wetwillies wrote:
Somebody please end this piece of shit franchise already.

You may want to consult the magic 8-ball again in a week, but right now, all signs point to 'no'.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:52 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Gosthok
WoW: Gosthok
SWOR: Gosthok
Neesha the Necro wrote:
Givin Wetwillies wrote:
Somebody please end this piece of shit franchise already.

You may want to consult the magic 8-ball again in a week, but right now, all signs point to 'no'.

lol

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:49 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

EQ1: Aaramis, Aerendil
EQ2: Aaramis, Telomir
SWOR: Aaramis
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/e3-ff ... -exclusive

Trailer link is at the bottom of that page.

Looks very FFXI-ish with Elvaans, Humes, and Galka being almost carbon copies of their FFXI counterparts, although the graphics and spell effects look very, very flashy.

Wonder if you'll be able to solo in this one?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:34 PM 
Spider Slayer

I also hope they're making a decent interface for PC players. :X

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:36 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

How do you do an mmo on a console?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:39 PM 
Spider Slayer

FFXI was originally console only on PS2 with hard drive. Just needed a USB keyboard or point&click with the in-game keyboard.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:51 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

The Q&A earlier today was lame, both in the answers given and the questions asked. Only a few things that I found worthy were said, one that no PlayOnline will be used. And the other that the game was going to be more casual, which I welcome right now. ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:40 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
No PlayOnline is a positive. Give me localized servers and they might have a winner. Oh and some actual gameplay would be ok to look at instead of the same cinematic trailer for every game they release over the past 10 years.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:31 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

They claimed that the scene with the galkan was used in-game footage. But, whatever. It's so short it counts as nothing. ;P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:46 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:
Oh and some actual gameplay would be ok to look at instead of the same cinematic trailer for every game they release over the past 10 years.

Even the logos and such are pretty much all the same now.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:43 AM 
Spider Slayer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Engine

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:39 PM 
Noob
Noob

They just started Beta sign-up if anyone is interested.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:58 PM 

(Piece of shit) (No Thanks) (JP Onry)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:11 AM 
What? Another Expansion?!

Taru now have mustaches

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:33 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Bananea
WoW: Nananea
TARU BANDITO!

I'm actually in the alpha/beta/wtfever it's called...looking forward to "testing" this weekend.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:43 AM 

I just got my invite on monday, played for the first time last night

PROTIP: use a gamepad

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:08 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
LoL: ScrubLeague
Taru with a mustache. Buying it day one.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:39 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Bananea
WoW: Nananea
Took me a week just to download the damn client and the testing times are during my WoW raid times usually so Saturday is my first chance :/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:08 PM 

Japanese auction house ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:39 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

This game is releasing in just over a month, and there's literally nothing out there for first thoughts.

I realize those of you in the beta still are limited by an NDA, but would you say it's going to be worth playing?
Thumbs up/thumbs down?

Curious about this one, as FFXI was great fun for quite a while.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:29 PM 

After watching a few streams, It seriously looks like the most boring piece of shit ever.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:40 PM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

EQ1: Kailtor(trex)
WoW: Kaltina - Alleria
so like the first game

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:29 AM 

Yeah, fucking train wreck. I'll buy it day one of course so I have something new to bitch about.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:25 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Well, I watched about a half-dozen Youtube videos of beta gameplay on this lastnight, just to get a feeling for the game. And the end result is that I still feel as though I have no clue how the game actually is, since the people uploading these videos have no clue how to play their characters. For example, I watched an ARCHER chasing after sheep, when they could have just shot the damned things. Grouping looked like a bunch of half-wits not standing still and running around while performing auto-attacks. There was no aggro control whatsoever, and the enemy would just charge the mage or archer after every attack. And so on...

So, that said:
- the graphics look typically gorgeous, as you'd expect from FF games
- combat looks as long and exhausting as FFXI is. Every fight is nearly an epic battle as it takes you several minutes even just to take out a typical trash mob, building TP, using your special attacks, and so on.
- perhaps it's due to the low levels uploading the videos, but nothing about the combat seemed particular flashy. FFXI had Dragoons jumping onto the enemy, Ninjas blink-tanking, Red Mages slowing and debuffing the enemy, and Summoners bringing giant avatars into existance to attack. It was absolutely awesome to watch. The FFXIV youtube videos, on the other hand, showcase a bunch of numbnuts who mostly just used their auto-attacks, with the odd buff or special attack (which didn't seem overly impressive). One of them has a tank job (Gladiator perhaps?) who swings perhaps once every 10 seconds, and then goes into "shield block" mode in the meantime. Again, maybe the person has no clue how to play the class, but if that's what is actually required as a tank, that's really sad.

Anyways, still waiting on word from a beta tester with either the thumbs up or down. Until then, it's looking somewhat craptastic from the beta gameplay videos out there.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:09 AM 

They are doing that because basic attacks are currently more efficient than specials. The endurance costs for your specials are astronomically high at the moment for only a 15 to 20 percent increase in damage over a normal attack.

Everything I read about this game, the more confused it makes me. There is no way this is releasing in two months.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:44 AM 

I'm really on the fence about the game atm... I'll have to see how it plays out in the next beta phase whenever it starts because they're making a bunch more major changes in it.

The one thing the game has real solid down right now is the graphics, they look amazing and it actually runs well. Of course it's the rest of the game that really needs help. As of the last beta phase it still felt like an alpha build, basic game concepts were there but in very crude fashion, and they were still trying to find a starting point for balance / progression. For example MP still does not regenerate on it's own or by resting... the casters both start with a 30 min reuse ability that heals about half their MP pool, but if that's not up the only way to get MP back (pre level 10) is go back to a camp with a crystal and interact with it for a full MP heal. There are abilities level 10+ that turn TP into MP or put spikes on that give MP when you're damaged... but for the most part MP regen is still a huge bitch and grouping very difficult because of it.

For content I really hope they have it all locked away in a nice pretty chest somewhere, cause in the beta it's not there. We're given a quest after the opening cutscene / mini-combat tutorial that takes a couple hours to do and gives 2000 gil (also quests follow the same style as FFXI atm with characters talking and interacting in in-game cutscenes but all dialogue is in the chat box) and then a follow up quest at level 10 that didn't have any fighting or rewards. Other than those 2 quests the only other thing to do was grind on whichever class you feel like and do guildleves for gear and gil when they refresh.

Also the UI right now is just awful, but that seems to be the biggest thing they're working on with the next patch, so we'll see how that turns out.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:03 PM 

Aaramis wrote:
- perhaps it's due to the low levels uploading the videos, but nothing about the combat seemed particular flashy. FFXI had Dragoons jumping onto the enemy, Ninjas blink-tanking, Red Mages slowing and debuffing the enemy, and Summoners bringing giant avatars into existance to attack. It was absolutely awesome to watch. The FFXIV youtube videos, on the other hand, showcase a bunch of numbnuts who mostly just used their auto-attacks, with the odd buff or special attack (which didn't seem overly impressive). One of them has a tank job (Gladiator perhaps?) who swings perhaps once every 10 seconds, and then goes into "shield block" mode in the meantime. Again, maybe the person has no clue how to play the class, but if that's what is actually required as a tank, that's really sad.

There is no auto-attack in this game, don't think there will be, every class gets 2 basic attacks, one regular low endurance single target and a higher endurance multi-target or single target with effect, which as Givin said are more useful to spam than use most TP attacks because the TP attacks use huge amounts of endurance for little damage gain. Aggro is also very hard to control, most spells seemed to have an instant come hit me component to them and taunts don't work too well. As far as the shield block thing the offhand has a separate endurance meter than the mainhand and separate abilities, I haven't played with a shield myself but from what I've read it seems like shield users just pop up shield block whenever it's up because that's the way you actually enable blocking with a shield.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:44 AM 

Welp, translator beta going in next push so no reason to play this shit now.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:20 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

http://www.massively.com/category/final-fantasy-xiv

Came across Massively's thoughts on this one.

To quote the article:
Quote:
I found it interesting from the beginning that Square-Enix told players outright that the beta testing was going to be neutered, for lack of a better term. There are huge chunks of stuff that we know are meant for the game eventually but don't presently exist in the actual test client... stuff that we know nothing about aside from its promised existence. So it's not really fair to judge Final Fantasy XIV just on what we know without considering what we know we don't know. And thus, we're writing this column to let everyone know what we know we don't know. You know?

So if this is accurate, and SE really does have all the content pre-planned but not visible to even the beta testers, FFXIV live may be a completely different game.
Not sure about the rest of MMO gamers, but I wouldn't pre-order a game I knew nothing about. Still, it does leave one curious about what's in store for the live version...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:25 AM 

Quote:
I found it interesting from the beginning that Square-Enix told players outright that the beta testing was going to be neutered, for lack of a better term. There are huge chunks of stuff that we know are meant for the game eventually but don't presently exist in the actual test client... stuff that we know nothing about aside from its promised existence. So it's not really fair to judge Final Fantasy XIV just on what we know without considering what we know we don't know. And thus, we're writing this column to let everyone know what we know we don't know. You know?

Ah yes. I remember when this silver tongue snaked its way up my asshole last. It was called Warhammer Online.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:31 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Rofl, Giv. Yeah, there's always that possibility isn't there?

Tough call at this point. Do we blindly believe them when so many other gaming companies have shown that they're talking out of their ass (prime example, DDO 3 years ago - "Druids coming soon!". Still waiting....)?

Or do we judge based solely on FFXI's release, which seemed pretty beefy and well-polished (despite random server selection and guest pass requirements and so on).

I think I'll be waiting a month after release to see what everyone thinks of it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:52 AM 

It only took them a decade or so to "unfuck" final fantasy 11. You can start on any world now, provided you type it in, which means you have to know ahead of time where you want to go and exactly how to spell it.

There is something called Abyssea now that apparently people raid for hella exp in the 70s or some shit. Eh, I donno. I heard the game is a bit more accessible now, but take that with a grain of salt since it took years to get anywhere in that game anyway.

Two ways to look at 14. Either jump in head first at launch and forge a path through all the shit, just like FFXI, or hang back and watch the initial wave go through. 1 month retention usually is the deciding factor. It's usually the most fun to be in on ground floor and be a part of a launch, and even with games like Warhammer that proved to be true as Tier 1 and 2 were some of the best PVP there was.

Then you get a complete shit turd like Age of Conan. But I don't that will be 14s fate. If anything I think it's a safe buy because 1...It's stunning graphi8cly and holy jesus some of the shit in game looks amazing enough to cover up gameplay qwirks and 2...Final Fantasy XI was really it's own beast, and a successful one. I don't expect them to deviate too much from that formula, except to make it more accessible. To me that means cutting back a bit on the more tedious things they done in the past.

I don't see too many people making the jump from 11 to 14 as well, or rather not in the mass droves that people think. First it's quite the increase in hardware requirments. 2nd, a lot of those people put in half a decade or more to get where they are. They won't be too quick to just give that up and be a regular joe again. It's a lot different place than WoW. You can't really just pick up and start over again if you fuck up and piss off an entire server. Well, I guess you can get a world pass but the community is so tight that everyone knows everyone else and you can spot a transfer a mile away.

Despite all the shit, 11 is probably the last classic MMO there was. Where community means something and your rep and imaginary street cred sold you on how far you could go in the game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:18 PM 

One thing that I've seen people talk about on the forums is when they did the original Japanese beta for FFXI that the only accessible areas were south sandoria and east ronfare... so content wise it's sorta similar - there's going to be 3 choices of starting towns and all these other areas to explore, but in beta they're keeping everyone to the island town and it's accompanying island mob zoo, and the entire rest of the world is sealed off. However for quests and whatnot I think it's going to be pretty barren, except for guildleves, come launch.

With the way guildleves work, you can get your 3 for a camp and do them solo if you want and get your reward, or any number of people can join your party and do yours with you (only one guildleve can be active for a party at a time) and they get partial rewards while you still get the full reward you'd get for soloing it.

So it seems they're trying to steer the main focus of the game to becoming people going in and out of groups at a level appropriate camp doing their own or other people's guildleves, or going out and grinding on their own if they feel like it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:05 PM 

Yea I'll probably buy this up just because there's no MMO really worth diving into right now. Still a little ticked off that I never got a beta invite despite the fact that I'd end up finding more bugs than almost all of the beta testers, not to mention testing out some weird(and a couple high-end) comp spec combos, but that's how these things work I guess. FFXI is the one game I regret not having played a ton. Just played until level 31 or so and got bored, but I hear there was plenty of shit to see after that. Hoping FF14 keeps a similar formula. I'll be sadface if it makes it so "accessible" that you don't have to group at all anymore.

Never going to forget FFXI's job system awesomeness. I'm crossing my fingers that they add a whole butt-ton of new jobs in 14 as things progress.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:34 PM 

We're not even allowed to submit bugs ;p

Our purpose seems to be to provide negative feedback cause the Japanese beta testers don't really do that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:51 PM 

Well, if it'd be acceptable to provide about 100 pages worth of feedback, that's probably what I'd end up doing bugs or no =p

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:13 AM 

Brutal: http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/11066-ga ... -coverage/

Some highlights:

Quote:
We don't really want to introduce the auctionhouse from the beginning because that is going to determine the economy system. So we want to improve it slowly and adjust it accordingly.

Quote:
Probably this week or very soon we're having an internal meeting to discuss the revealing of the Playstation 3 version status of Final Fantasy XIV. So as soon we're comfortable with announcing more information about this we will do it.

No MP regen:
Quote:
we think managing mana should be difficult and a challenge to the players.

Quote:
At the moment we dont have any plans for the hardware mouse but will continue to improve the situation before the game is out and also after.

8 guildleves max per 48 hours:
Quote:
In the future we might adjust it but we want to make it in such a way that the 48 hours cooldown makes sense, so currently we're focusing on adjusting it in that way.

Yep going to avoid this one.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:13 PM 

You forgot to mention the part where they are going with X creature family easier to kill than Y, but there will be no difference in EXP or Loot gains.

Or in other words, 420 kill crabs in 1080p everyday.

The whole 8 guildleves thing is worse than people think, especially since you can jump in to do other peoples, and you get jack shit for doing so and it still counts against you. Sure to god this isn't intended but who the fuck can tell. Asians suck at making mmorpgs.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:04 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Yeah I agree with Givin...asians don't know how to make good MMO's. Then again, the American games are pretty stale atm tho. But still a lot better than an asian based game etc

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:58 AM 

I haven't seen that going on with the guildleves Givin - if you do someone else's it doesn't count against you unless you have the same one and you haven't done yours yet, then it activates yours as well and you get your reward + their coin reward. You can join a group and do other people's guildleves all day if you want and get the extra xp and coin, just not items they had listed as rewards, which is how they're trying to steer the gameplay.

The biggest bitch is say the first time you logon, you start with the tutorial leve and grab 4 of the level 1 leves, and 3 gathering level 1 leves - then after you do those you're locked out from getting any others until the 48 hours is up, so you can't go back and grab level 10 ones once you hit level 10.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:40 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

EQ1: Elidrin
WoW: Avelle
As someone who is still playing FF11 and enjoys it immensely, FF14 is a steaming pile of shit currently and offers absolutely 0 reason to move to it from FF11 or any other game for that matter. It's like they took everything they learned from FF11 and tossed it out the window thinking all we wanted was high resolution mithra ass.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:28 PM 

elidrin wrote:
thinking all we wanted was high resolution mithra ass.

Hey at least they did something right.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:30 PM 

That's the flattest 7 year old catboy ass I've ever seen.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:15 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

And he has seen PLENTY!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:43 AM 
I've pwned over 300 times!

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/08/2 ... our-a-day/

This shit just exceeded full retard.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:12 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Pretty sure the "one hour a day" stuff is totally false.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:30 AM 

Doesn't look that way.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/sh ... pics;title

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:04 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Yeah, I'll have to find the sources I read that said the stuff posted on Sankaku was pretty much all out of context or blatantly misrepresented.

From everything I've read, the fatigue system isn't popular and is being tweaked, but it's certainly not "one hour a day" either.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:39 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

WoW: Drajeck
Lol Neesha.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:50 PM 

The way it works now (and tomorrow's the last day of this beta phase so may change dramatically next phase) is after leveling up a single profession so long, seems to hit in mid-teens or so if you were to play straight through from level 1, you get "surplus xp" that shows you how much you didn't get cause you're being penalized, it starts around 10% and I've seen reports of it going up to 90%. The effect is per profession, so their thought is it's there to encourage people to level the other professions. It's obviously also really aimed at slowing down progression at launch, since the majority of their focus is going to be on getting the ps3 version ready after the pc release.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:33 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
Givin Wetwillies wrote:
That's the flattest 7 year old catboy ass I've ever seen.

There's lean and then there is "no buttwhatsoever". That thar kitteh has no rear end at all. Must be hard to find pants.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:32 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Khameir
WoW: Khameir
Rift: Khameir
EQ2: Khameir
LoL: Khameir
SWOR: Khameir
http://kotaku.com/5621786/final-fantasy ... -explained

HAHAHAHA, glad I'm passing...8 hours before fatigue sets in, than you have to wait for the weekly reset.

Good game Square, you went full retard...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:13 PM 

JAPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN ! ! ! !

They could fuck up an anvil with a rubber mallet. Good thing EQ2 is great.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:57 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Givin Wetwillies wrote:
JAPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN ! ! ! !

They could fuck up an anvil with a rubber mallet. Good thing EQ2 is great.

I can't believe they are throwing everything they learned from FFXI to the wind and going down this road. It's almost as if they're going out of their way to piss off the US audience all over again.

Sry Jp onry.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:58 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Khameir wrote:
http://kotaku.com/5621786/final-fantasy-xivs-play+limiting-fatigue-system-explained

HAHAHAHA, glad I'm passing...8 hours before fatigue sets in, than you have to wait for the weekly reset.

Good game Square, you went full retard...

This would be stupid if the game was free. It gets bumped up to outrageous when you consider that this is WITH a freaking monthly fee.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:14 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

I can't believe some of you guys are actually shocked that this game is going to be a steaming pile of shit. Let me save you all some time: DC Universe Online is also going to suck.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:22 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Khameir
WoW: Khameir
Rift: Khameir
EQ2: Khameir
LoL: Khameir
SWOR: Khameir
It isn't so much as a shock or surprise to me at all...

FFXIV is going to sell and perform like shit here and likely in Europe as well. After the game bombs, Square is going to blame everyone possible but themselves for its failure...most specifically they will blame the Western MMO market for spending too much time playing games like WoW that "creative and innovate ideas" aren't appreciated. Everyone will cry foul back at Square, telling them the game was terrible for numerous reasons but Square will sit overseas on their giant piles of money still bitching about the Western MMO market being run and populated by bads.

And DCUO looks like a bad Champions Online, which itself was a bad City of Heroes/Villains. It'll suck, but at least it'll be a bit more tolerable to do quests for Superman than some generic unoriginal Superman ripoff named Power Man.

Last edited by Khameir on Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:46 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:58 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Neesha the Necro wrote:
I can't believe some of you guys are actually shocked that this game is going to be a steaming pile of shit. Let me save you all some time: DC Universe Online is also going to suck.

It's more along the lines that I'm shocked that at this point in gaming they still can't stop making absolutely shitty games. I mean they've got the track record of Meridian59, UO, EQ, DOAC, AO, Horizons, EqII, FFXI, WoW, LOTOR, etc.....and they still go on and on making horrid games. You'd think at some point someone that had grown up playing all these different MMO's would develop something that has a bit of everything in it while avoiding the utter fuckups each game made.

I am so goddamn tired of WoW.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:39 PM 

Neesha the Necro wrote:

I can't believe you think we're shocked.

Offline Profile