It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:11 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:28 PM 

Anyone play Runescape? I waisted a whole weekend on this game....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:43 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Can't play Warhammer?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:08 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
I know a few 13-year olds who play Runescape. I can give you their Myspace names if you want...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:44 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Is that you, Neesha? :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:08 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
No, but those are pretty sweet specs.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:28 AM 
Bridge Dweller

"A little bit of ... dangerous?"

haha.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:24 PM 

I have a tier 5-6 equiped tank paladin in WoW, and an RR 9 Paladin on the classic server in DAoC....played around with Warhammer for a few months in beta. It just wasn't me. Maybe my billionth deployment back to Iraq that is looming in November is the reason why I don't want to commit to War because I'll just have to quit it for a while.

Hook me up with those kids Myspaces....mine is Musnicki, I'm the only musnicki on my space, got a pimped out 67 fastback mustang on the front page.

Just kidding about the kids, although a 10 year old in my WoW guild (he raids end game and talks in vent....thats another story) told me that he learned how to read, write, type and play D&D type games from playing Runescape, which both his parents appoved of and told him to master before playing the family game of WoW.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:44 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
Masjaun wrote:

Just kidding about the kids, although a 10 year old in my WoW guild (he raids end game and talks in vent....thats another story) told me that he learned how to read, write, type and play D&D type games from playing Runescape, which both his parents appoved of and told him to master before playing the family game of WoW.

Bolding mine...I hope english wasn't his native language. I think using the internet and gaming is good for a lot of things, but not so much that. Good bonus, not a good primary source. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:45 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

My cousin (adopted, Korean [heh]) learned how to read, write, and type from Everquest. I was staying with my uncle for a while in Oregon, and my cousin is ADHD (I mean seriously, bad mojo, muy malo). I sat him down in front of EQ, and he went to town begging people to give him shit. After a while, he started learning all that shit because he was tired of people making fun of him, and the game was too fun to quit.

I'm just glad I set him up on Innoruuk and not Lanys. That woulda sucked.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:19 PM 

Funny you tell that story....World of Warcraft beta was released to the Korean public 6-7 months before the game went live in the states. There were riots in the streets infront of the internet cafe's and so on....well, I was over in Korea at that time and logged onto the Korean server over there and thats how I learned how to read and write Hangul (the Korean written language).

Cool country though for the two something years that I spent there, I loved it. They were fanatical EQ players....omfg! We would play EQ during the PoP days on Legends doing elemental and time. We would start raids on Friday night and would play until exhaustion on sunday after noon....I would catch the subway to an internet cafe where 75% of the guild would meet up and play. It was awesome (me being an sk puller...do that in plane of water for a raid!) having the main healers, tank and pullers all in the same room with in ear shot and being able to yell out orders and what not...it was awesome!!!!!

Korea omg!!! I miss it!!!!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:06 AM 
I schooled the old school.
I schooled the old school.

That story reminded me of a time years ago when the Lanys EQ guild Magicks Gambit had a RL gathering in Denver, and we all played EQ together in a basement of someone's house. It was a great weekend! I wonder if anyone who was there still reads these boards.

Offline Profile