It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:22 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:46 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

This message is to inform you that your Vanguard: Saga of Heroes account has been reactivated for a limited time*. Between June 26, 2008 at 12:01AM and July 31, 2008 at 11:59PM your account will be re-activated and you will be able to log-in and experience all that Vanguard: Saga of Heroes has to offer. Vanguard: Saga of Heroes has undergone many game changing updates and we are offering all former account holders a chance to play the game for FREE for a limited time.

:butthead:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:41 PM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

EQ1: Cakvala
WoW: Cakvala
LoL: Cakvala
Going the way of EQ eh? lol

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:56 PM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

EQ1: Kailtor(trex)
WoW: Kaltina - Alleria
Except EQ has been around for a decade...Vanguard not so much.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:25 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
The EQ2 promo seems to be working great. Then again, they have draw power there as opposed to the train wreck rubbernecking curiosity that will come with Vanguard.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:50 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Draconi
WoW: Dalanthas
Rift: Dalanthas
EQ2: Daranthas
too bad I uninstalled VG recently when I wanted to do a defragand clean up stuff

, then again really not too bad

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:45 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Well after being one of the most dedicated fans since Beta 2 I really can't give VG a chance knowing that the skeleton crew that is still working is fucking worried about the wrong priorties.

Our guild moved on the day AoC came out and we aren't regretting it one bit. I definitely miss some of VG's good qualities and still applaud what it did accomplish, the only reason we left was because the rate of change was dismal at best and the people directing where completely fucking retarded (we had many 1 on 1 discussions with them and I can honestly say they had to have been snorting blow off male hookers asses 24/7).

AOC has a fuckton of things to fix but fixes are coming fast enough and it is definitely has a different "feel" to it then any other MMO which is good in my eyes. Raids so far have been fun, just finishing our T1 progress unfortunately the dragon you need to kill isn't dropping the quest piece to let you advance to T2 (1 guild in the game got it and fucking FC didn't reset their access to T2 which is fucked up). For a 1 month game I can't bitch.

VG...we salute you and piss on your grave at the same time, you will never climb out of your grave :( Fuck you in the ear mr. brad M

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:15 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

I need to use you as some sort of anti-dowsing rod Turbo.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:29 PM 

I had heard that the guy that reset that guilds access got into some big trouble.

Even tho he did the right thing. At least from how I understood it.

On Vanguard....

Not one to resist curiosity, I installed, patched and logged into VG.

Now before you look at this screenshot below, understand this. Whatever shitting I did on the game, is done. There is no more tears that I can shed that you or I have not realized and nothing more really can be said about this game.

It's played out. We all know what it is and is not. It was fun for some, and not for others. It's cool to like Vanguard.

So keep that in mind when I post this, and I did a double take just to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding or misreading it. I am not shitting on this game anymore. It would be like putting someone in the hospital and continuing to go after their lunch money.

So anyway, what in the fuck is this skill and why can I train it? Or better yet why should I?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:39 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Don't they have a trivial loot code or something? I'm sure I remember there's some reason people would want to halt their exp gain, but along with all of my childhood traumas, there's only a hazy recollection and then blissful ignorance.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:22 PM 

That makes sense to me.

Not putting a more descriptive mention of its purpose makes for great "WTF" material.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:37 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Yea, I did a doubletake as well when I reinstalled a couple weeks ago. The only other thing I can think of is that it might be nice if you were leveling with a friend and you got ahead of him in levels somehow and didn't want to level up before him to mess up the exp gain for everyone.

I still appreciate Vanguard, and I actually think it's a pretty great game. The worst thing that happened to it is that everyone left it for dead, and as a result the development team got completely gutted. And as a result of that, there is no future for this game. You level to 50 and you have nothing to look forward to, because there's almost no chance of an expansion or anything significant IMO. On top of that, this game sucks for PVP. I could look past that if they continued, I thought the PVE, grouping 6-man style, dungeons were incredibly well-done. It's just... dead.

I actually think the PVE group dynamics are probably better than Age of Conan at this point. Dungeon crawling was much more interesting. But again, no future for this game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:21 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Quote:
I need to use you as some sort of anti-dowsing rod Turbo.

I do that very thing!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:01 AM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
I got an email ~ even though I'd never bought the game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:13 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

WoW: Drajeck
Tarot wrote:
I got an email ~ even though I'd never bought the game.

You still over paid.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:22 PM 
Troller in Training
Troller in Training

It wouldn't take much of a fire lit under their asses to make VG fairly playable, and potentially fun.

Until they listen to general populace MMO players that apparently have more common sense than any dev that has had a hand in VG development will it happen? No.

Shame.
;(

Offline Profile