It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:23 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Blizzard Viral Marketing
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:05 PM 

Anyone been keeping up with the viral marketing of blizzard. Just check out WoW Insider, FOH Forums, or go to Blizzard.com to check it out. For some reason I have always like this kind of stuff.

Take care,
Muli

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:13 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
It's Frostmorne.

Blizzard is so boring.

I almost wanted to believe the shit about the cracks being D2 runes.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:25 PM 

From what i've seen it's a lot more than that... there are 3 runes present in the image.

an except from the FOH boards...

Quote:
huzzah for the Protoss rune. I'm pretty sure that this is gonna be a new unannounced IP. Basically, these first three hints are absolutely fucking worthless. One Warcraft hint (frostmourne), a Diablo hint (Hel rune), and a Starcraft hint (Protoss rune). Add in Rob Pardo saying they have a big announcement that everyone's going to enjoy and I say it's a totally new IP.

After following a few sites around and the looking at the WWI advertisement pic, I think they are going to announce info about WoTK, SC2, and D3 plans. I've heard a lot of speculation of a new IP in the works for years but, who knows. I'm really curious what Blizzard has up their sleeve. They've been consuming way too much money and pushing out very limited stuff too long to not drop some bombs sooner or later.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:27 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Lost Vikings 2k10.

You heard it here first.

Or something.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:36 PM 

Interesting Read... source noted below...

Diablo 3 Announcement at WWI

With this week's speculation over the Blizzard teasers, more and more reports in the media, and numerous tips coming direct us at IncGamers from reliable inside industry sources in the past 24 hours, we now have confirmation from inside sources to say that Diablo 3 WILL be announced on Saturday at WWI Paris 2008.

With that in mind, we would like to invite Diabloii.net readers to submit their questions for us to ask Blizzard.

This is extremely exciting for all of us here at Diabloii.net. For the past 10 years we have been supporting the Diablo community and to have something completely new to sink our teeth into is fantastic. We will be at the show on Saturday for the announcement and also the press conference which is directly after, so expect reports from the show floor live, interviews and much more."

Now make sure that when it turns out to Diablo 3 you come back on here and admit that you were fucking wrong... instead of sliding out like a little bitch. I know if it turns out to be something else I will own up to my mistake and admit it although Blizzard will have a huge numbers of loyal fans really pissed off at them.

And some more evidence:

"1. New Diablo Art
Blizzard has made completely new art of Diablo for their WWI logo, BlizzCon last year had old art and Diablo was in the back.

2. CSS names
Code:
/*.tundra {background:url(_images/04.jpg) no-repeat 0 0} */
/*.cavern {background:url(_images/15.jpg) no-repeat 0 0} */
/*.icy {background:url(_images/23.jpg) no-repeat 0 0} */

The hidden classes are named Tundra, Cavern and Icy, possibly after Drifter Cavern, Frozen Tundra and Icy Cellar in Act V of Diablo 2. A qualified guess is that the next names are among these: Pit, Cellar, Summit, Keep, Throne and Chamber.

3. diablo3.com
Diablo3.com previously pointed to diablofans.com, but was taken down on Monday. Blizzard is the owner of the domain so they took it down on purpose.

4. PR disaster
Imagine if they don't announce Diablo 3 on Saturday when everyone are expecting it, they would have a major PR problem. You would think Blizzard would release some kind of denial to soften the blow, and absolutely not hint for a Diablo game in the splash screen.

5. Job Ad
Blizzard has a job ad up with this intro:
Blizzard wrote:
Blizzard Entertainment, the developer of Diablo and Diablo II, is looking for a 3D environment artist skilled at creating models and texture maps for both objects and natural environments.

6. Birthday of Diablo II
Diablo 2 was released on June 29 2000. LoD on June 29 2001. WWI is June 28-29 2008.

Conclusion
Although nothing is 100% certain until Blizzard says so, the evidence is very strong, especially since Blizzard hasn't denied the rumors. There also seems to be something getting brighter behind the ice each day, bursting through, can it be a portal, or even Diablo himself?

Maybe it won't be Diablo 3 on Saturday, might be World of Diablo, or Realms of Diablo, especially with all the job openings for a next-gen MMO."

Source: http://new.sc2pod.com/news/Countdown_to_Diablo_3/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:49 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

I wouldn't be surprised by a new IP but Diablo is obviously imminent so that'd be the easy answer.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:00 PM 

I am personally hoping for a Diablo 3 someday, but I have given up immediate hope. Their last major announcements have been nothing but disappointment for me personally. Even their unveiling of TBC and WotLK had me going meh. While I had fun with TBC, it hardly warrented the "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW" response that dumb bitch gave in that one initial preview that we all first saw.

Starcraft:Ghost? Didn't care. Doomed to fail.

Starcraft II? Obvious megaseller, but I personaly don't like RTS. Korea rejoices.

I am honestly expecting something so bad at this point, like an announcment that you can finally buy every game blizzard has to offer for one final price in some dumb megachest.

That is how disinterested in Blizzard overall I am at this point in time. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be proven otherwise. Matter of fact, I beg for it. So far the only thing that has lived up to the long overdue hype has been Team Fortress 2. And with the sorry state that the gaming industry is in, I try not to get my hopes up too often.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:19 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

In my mind, it makes very little sense for the announcement to be related to WoW / WotLK, there was nothing of the sort for TBC if memory serves and Blizzard isn't in the business of releasing release dates.

SC2's announcement set the bar, if Blizzard is going through these same measures again, people are expecting something huge.

Again, I'm expecting D3 and won't be surprised by a new IP either, what will actually shock me is if they release details on their next MMO.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:45 PM 
Bridge Dweller

This will be WoW's fourth anniversary. They've only had 1 expansion to date. I think they relaize the importance of releasing more content faster, and may have decided to give the players what they want in terms of meaningful "guidance" regarding expansions. In the past, they've just said "Meh, it'll be out when it's done. F you. We're Blizzard, we're perfectionists~" even though their games are riddled w/ bugs and exploits. :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:44 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Remember when TBC came out and they were all "from now on, expect yearly expansions."

Yeah.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:41 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Not sure if someone mentioned it already, but the marks in the picture represent the rune on Arthas' sword, the Hel rune from Diablo, and the last one that appeared is the Protoss symbol from Starcraft. Draw your own conclusions =)

I personally think it's symbolic of them releasing 3 different games for the 3 different franchises. 1 is obvious with the Wrath of the Lich King, 2 is StarCraft 2, and 3 is the exciting new Diablo 3 which will make the announcement worthwhile. It could be even more exciting, like Warcraft 4 as well, but Diablo 3 would justify the big splashscreen announcement plenty.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:07 PM 

Can someone say... oops

http://www.battle.net/forums/thread-sea ... d3-general

Read more about the oops on FoH boards.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:18 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Ha. Figured it'd be 3 after all.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:01 PM 

Fake.

Well not fake, just them fucking with the internet.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:16 AM 
WoW Guru
WoW Guru

Diablo 3 confirmed, haha a fucking teleprompter fucked up and leaked it.

Offline Profile