It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:49 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: APW cleared!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:50 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Finally cleared APW, they buffed it up here back a month or so ago that made it pretty damn ass rape at the end. There is definitely a few core fights that are going to stop casual guilds from progressing towards the end for a long...long time.

We got a dragon head to put in a guild hall that looks pretty nice and best it gives ALL members a buff that is pretty damn good and provides protection from the end boss's dragon breath (read: basically means you can recruit new people without having to do the hard ass fight to get protective gear to fight the dragon).

All and all, it was a damn fun raid experience with 3-4 of the fights being some of the best raid fights ive seen out of any EQ1/2, WOW games. Sadly with a small dev team we won't be looking at an expansion anytime soon but they have committed to providing new content and continual changes through game updates. Each update is about 2 months apart and has made significant improvement on game quality, technical issues, and class improvements. Also they included some quest lines for flying mounts that is by far the hardest 6 man content I have seen to date.

If WoW is boring you and its just to late to go back to EQ (and AOC/Warhammer suck) feel free to give VG a try out, there should be a free trial coming down the road. Its pretty damn noob friendly now, travel has been made easier by about 85%. We are on Xeth server, toss turb/turbott/syliss on friends and hit me up, I can toss you a bone and answer any questions. Many things wrong with the game but god damn it has the best classes in any game out there. I just wish raids were geared towards higher #'s, but then again with 18 you have to plan your raids with the right make up and not have any slackers, they push you to the limits with dps checks and basically every mob later is damaging everyone in some way.

(don't worry last VG post for a long time now...now its the waiting!)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: APW cleared!!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:36 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Have any screenshots?

[posts making fun of Vanguard and questioning the validity of Turbo's statements, such as "with 3-4 of the fights being some of the best raid fights ive seen out of any EQ1/2, WOW games," go below this post]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:49 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
I'd love to see screenshots of your dragon head. If they toss out the free trial, I might make a character just to come see your guild hall and shit. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:07 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

http://www.vgdivinus.org/index.php (for some odd reason we didn't put any good pictures on there but FRAPS should be posted in a few days after we edit out some parts)

http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/posts ... c_id=30623 is one with the dragon head, kinda cool. The worlds first kill came by a guild named pain which was full of hackers and exploiters but since the last update where they took care of these issues (being able to heal from outside the raid with exploiting mechanics as one of the major ones) they haven't been able to get the dragon down nor the new land boss. And they are about the most immature bunch of jack asses I know...so it was extremely satisfing to get this kill. (guild halls are fucking IMPRESSIVE looking, sadly they didn't give them too much functionality....you can use it as a 2ndary (or 3rd if you have a houe to) gate point, there is storage there, and you can decorate the living shit out of it...we have xmas trees and crap all over)

Brotherhood of the spiders (a DROW guild if your familiar with the gaming group) is the best guild in the game with like 1/3rd the class leads residing in it. They definitely have their shit together. Aside from them that puts us as the only other guild that have essentially had a legit kill on this bad boy....to bad the loot was horrible and 2 pieces rotted. We did get our first 2 flying wyvens which are bad ass.

To each their own neesha, I've seen from fear/hate up to demi planes in EQ and MC to everything outside of BT on wow and yes a "few" of the fights were some of the most fun I have had raiding in the last 8 years....milage may vary.

I still really dislike smaller raids because part of the joy of EQ was trying to manage 72 people but as we get older its nice to only have to worry about a small force plus it does force every damn person to do their job without fuck up. The dragon fight is damn near impossible in its current form if you have a death unless you get him combat rezzed and "FULLY" buffed in 30 seconds which is rather difficult. Its about a 15 min fight

Free trial might come out w/ GU5 which is less then 2 months out I think as well as a "trial island" which most the community thinks is retarded but oh well. A lot of people on FoH boards are all rerolling on our server to give it a second chance so I am praying that some good publicity will breath some new money into it and allow them to give it the developers required to make it the game we all hoped it would be. Those of us who have played since beta have went through more "shit" then just about any MMO release but looking at the state of the game now I'm glad I stuck it out because it really is a fun experience for me (plus you can cast while moving....I don't think I can ever go back to wow/eq again anyways)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:51 AM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
brotherhood of the spider played on the rathe, I'm more than familiar with them.

they're one of the hardest core guilds, but they're still full of douchebags.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:13 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

For those that heard there isn't anything to do at 50 outisde of APW just a fast update.

The griffin quest I mentioned which is just brutal has an additional raid that is unlocked when you finish it in a group. They put this HUGE glowing purple ball that is impressive as hell in this random zone that summons a raid in if you are that far on the quest. The fight is a timed event where you have to clear out abunch of mobs all over and then a huge mob that is chained inside a castle type building starts summoning mass amount of adds that 1 shot mob people and summon. He also damn near kills everyone that gets within range. He has insane hp so normal dps methods can't kill him but people who have the quest done can damage him with a special attack they receive upon completition of the quest (you aren't told it just goes into your abilities....took us awhile to notice and even figure it out).

You have about 15 mins if you clear fast that during certain time frames he is weak to this attack so you have to go in and attack (very limited). Trouble is he kills most people in 1 hit so they can't get the attack off plus you get 40-50-60+ adds running all over. Extremely challenging fight to coordinate to be honest.

The reward....1 person gets a shard to turn his griffin into a spectral griffin. I can honestly say I can see years down the road that having one of these will still be an a sign of pride which is pretty cool, to many MMO's cater to "everyone" being "uber" (which is smart because that is what the masses want, so its definitely a good business decision).

Front page has pics, http://www.vgdivinus.org/index.php sadly its almost uglier then the others but such as life.

If any one is starting up start on xeth and look for me on turb/syliss/turbott or turheal. I made a cleric to do a few parts of new low lvl content as well as level up with a group of people from FOH boards that are giving the game a new shot. They started a guild "Too Much Brown" which consists of alot of old school gamers helping each other out and just enjoying the game. Perfect oppurtunity to have set group of people to level up.

Offline Profile