It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:53 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:30 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

http://files.filefront.com/BoW+Dragon+V ... einfo.html

Looks better if you actually download opposed to watch it off the site.

He was abit of a let down as a final boss but interesting fight none the less.
Nothing really new... but a combination of things we have seen before in other games that make him a challenge none the less.

4 phase fight
First phase he starts with a 360 AE every 40'ish seconds that can almost 1 shot non tanks. Also has an AE dot that rails you.

Has close range tail swipes and frontal ae attacks that make melee require plenty of healing. Also has big knock back attack on MT. On top of that he heals himself at 80% which you have a slight chance able to counter spell but you need to be right under him to do it. The problem is starting at 80% he also does a large AE that is huge mana drain for 10 mins that basically makes most classes useless.

If your counterspell is successful insta mana AE happens, if the heal goes off you still have mana drain AE but then it goes off at 80% again when you get him down. Then every 5% he mana drains through out the fight again.

Throw on top certain damages/class damage cause him to do another AE that complete rapes your raid it gets abit interesting. Also they have a DPS check built into the fight in various areas. If you don't have him down to a certain % fast enough at the start he casts a spell on your MT that gives him 1,000,000 damage the next attack he makes.

Most the video is towards the last phase so you don't see all of the fun running around etc.

Again nothing new but this was there first crack at raid content and it was done while they were reducing staff over and over....so I can't complain TOO much. There are two other fights (Core and Shylo) that are pretty interesting and fun....(one took us abit to figure out that the boss was casting an actual buff (showed in your buffs not debuffs which you have 50+ so easy to miss) that just totally hindered you and raped you. We made a macro that removed the buff since you can click off buffs and the fight was a breeze.

Now that they have the first raid set behind them I am hoping they might have something good on the next raid content.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:55 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7DRt7TRzO0A

PS: Good to see that they have some raid content.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:41 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Where is the boss at? All I see is a really really really shitty UI with 20 times more garbage than a full loadout of acemods.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:36 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

VG's UI sucks compared to most games no one is arguing that one.

But in all fairness that guy isn't using a good one to start with and doesn't need half that clutter.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:21 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Looks like a high poly count trak. Terrain even looks like trak's lair same rock jutting out of the wall and everything.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:17 AM 
Spider Slayer

Is that some kind of special effect for the video or does it lag that bad during raids? :O

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:21 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
Bzalthek wrote:
No, that's the boss. He disguises himself as your UI and you fight him by moving hotkeys around. It's innovative!

Sadly that might actually be cooler than VG ever will be.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:53 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

lol

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:41 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Actually for most people they completely removed the lag issue. I raid full settings without any lag and have my 2box healer outside (can't heal raid but until recent patch could still add minimal benefit to a raid) that is run on a 2002 computer with hardly any lag.

That being said the fucking bastards messed up 2 things for every good thing they did on this latest major update. Flying mounts when in, DK/Druid revamps which were needed went live, a MUCH easier travel system that basically lets you go anywhere in the world for your respective levels (this was needed so bad, reduced grouping downtime signifgantly).

Unfortunately they made a raid change that might kill alot of guilds as well as fucked up some buff mechanics that is just down right pathetic.

They did add a 3rd overland boss (18ish major raid mobs in APW with minor bosses as well). They also made named mobs more common and drop better shit (before 99% of all crafted gear >>> anything you could get adventuring which was retarded because some of the deep dungeons are hard to get down into). So this was a much needed change as well. All named drops are BOP now so they can't be farmed and gear can't be decon'd them (smart change).

I tried introducing the game to a girl im seeing at the moment and she actually liked it (never played a game before in her life) so I am getting to see the early levels again. Still alot of annoying bugs and sadly to far in the shitter to make a come back but its still pretty damn fun. So many diverse classes is still its best attribute.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:42 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Quote:
I raid full settings without any lag and have my 2box healer outside (can't heal raid but until recent patch could still add minimal benefit to a raid) that is run on a 2002 computer with hardly any lag.

You are so full of shit. I don't buy that for a second.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:15 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

I've never turned my settings off highest quality since GU3, if you actively play then you might have an issue with your computer set up? We don't have any issue in APW since they made the changes to correct the insane lag that everyone was having (guild house buffs, bard songs etc that made it 10X worse plus shitty ass coding).

My other computer Glaspin (old eq if you remember) built in 2002 for me and the only update I did was two years ago I bought a 175 dollar video card. I run low/medium settings with far out clip plane maxed and do not have any issue healing due to lag.

A small portion of the players still might have lag issues but it is more of a specific related issue opposed to back in the day when fucking $3000 computer got you FPS of 10.

I doubt you really care enough for me to waste my time getting SS's but if you really want them by all means.

Sadly if they don't fix some of the bugs they introduced and revert to the old system of raiding soon I think alot of long time fans are finally going to pull the plug....fucking worst QA/QC ever.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:51 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
Snarky00 wrote:
Looks like a high poly count trak. Terrain even looks like trak's lair same rock jutting out of the wall and everything.

Hehe, I was going to say this very same thing. I don't remember even everquest being that choppy however.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:55 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Honestly framerate was only really an issue for people with absolutely horrible machines that they grabbed from Dell while they were having a sale. It's a graphics-intensive game, no question about it, but on a raid that size no one should really be lagging that much. I know I sure as hell didn't while I was playing, and I was around more people than that during some fights on one of my older piece of shit comps.

Frankly you can't really tell much about the gameplay from this exciting, enthralling video =p It really looks like just about any other MMORPG encounter. Throw in a random Prince Kael'thas' Gravity Lapse to make you think you're doing something exciting and gamebreakingly different so you can pretend it's not just tanks tanking, healers healing, and dpsers dpsing. It's all pretty much the same at the meat of it. That's not to say WoW or Vanguard raiding sucks altogether, but rather it's hard(IMO) to tell from a video whether something is actually fun or not. Raiding is one of those things where you kinda have to be there, be a part of the gameplan, and be a part of the execution to see how it works in motion.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:59 AM 

Oh and just to add(for clarity!), I wouldn't necessarily recommend Vanguard.. but I don't think it's a completely worthless pile of dogshit either =p It has(or had) its moments. It had bits and pieces of the right gameplay and ideas, but didn't quite bring it all together for the best experience. The developers seemed to sort of go after everything, but bit off more than they could chew.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:40 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Brad got addict to drugs is what happened :(

Will go down in history as probably the most mismanaged project ever thats forsure. We did the new overland boss today, nothing "new" but just fun enough to not get to upset.

Just a mother dragon and a nest, she starts spawning mobs and they are either small dragons don't really move but blow up where they spawn and after a try or two we realized the only way to really kill them fast is with cold damage. The other mobs were hatch lings that hurt pretty bad but were mezzable. She spawns these like every 10-20 seconds or so, if you kill a hatchling she gets a buff of 100% damage increase that will 1-2 shot your tank. She is rooted and summons but at 80% she stops summoning which allows you to try and keep agro but run out when you kill the hatchings so you won't get 1 shotted.

Basically a dps check as once you get past 5-6 adds you are screwed (18 man raids remember). Sounds simple but takes abit of coordination and proper class/raid assembly and gear. Nothing earth shattering.....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:28 PM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
Venen wrote:
Oh and just to add(for clarity!), I wouldn't necessarily recommend Vanguard.. but I don't think it's a completely worthless pile of dogshit either =p It has(or had) its moments. It had bits and pieces of the right gameplay and ideas, but didn't quite bring it all together for the best experience. The developers seemed to sort of go after everything, but bit off more than they could chew.

You also have to remember Sony fired all the Vanguard devs upon their acquisition and moved their development in house.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:08 PM 

I don't know how many they fired upon acquisition, to be honest. I guess that'd be a fair point, just depends on how critical those people were. It seems like that might be the case just on casual observation - when I played the game it seemed like there was a lot of promise there that seemed to get cut off at some point. Great ideas, poorly implemented =/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:53 AM 
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage

EQ1: Golliwog
WoW: Rileigh
I kinda think if I had the time and nothing I was overly involved with I might have been willing to sort mess around in the game for a bit, see how it was. I really did like the graphics.

Sadly I really don't have the time right now.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:56 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

A sad yet cool thing that they did with last patch was add (without telling us) a mob in a low level zone that has a rare spawn that is a mid-level Ancient Cyclops which drops a band of ancients and gets you Jboots heh. But they also made the possible spawn be a raid mob that is a pretty damn good fight, basically a named ancient cyclops who has a HUGE range AE mana drain that puts you at zero for 30 seconds. (have to joust 2 sets of healers but the timer is random).

He also complete agro dumps and then the real trick of the fight is when he goes into a rage and every attack you do to him increase his damage (up to 80%) where he gets to basically 1 shotting your damn tank. Also some AE FD's going on.

We figured him out tonight though and got probably the best piece of loot to date ingame so that was fun and a jboot. Also took down the dragon mentioned above finally after some major strat changing. I think we are the second guild world wide to down her, she was a hell of a fight and drops an egg which is 1/2 of an epic flying wyven quest (1 per raid /rude). Also the flying griffion quest they put in was completed finally but its still basically a 6 man raid and is one hell of an ass rape filled journey. Only a handful of people have finished

So definitely throwing out challenging shit lately....but sadly busted some crap with last update that held our raiding up for 2 weeks and alot of peeps quit :( Dumb fucks just won't learn

Offline Profile