It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:16 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sword of the New World
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:27 AM 

Why has no one said anything about this game!?! I caught some info on the FOH boards a few months ago and then read some articles about it on the internet with a lot of positive reviews. This game is VERY interesting and it's completely free right now! You download it for free and you have no monthly subscription. This has been a good find for me given my schedule and waiting for EQ2:Rise of Kunark and Starcraft 2.

Has anyone tried it out or currently playing? Don't let it fool you.. it is a Korean game but it's nothing like the others I have played. Plus you control 3 characters and PvP is madness!

Take care,
Muli

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:04 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Quote:
Why has no one said anything about this game!?!

Because it is fucking terrible and is no different than the other 30,000 free Korean/Chinese KISS doll dressup MMORPGs. It's pretty for about 5 to 10 mins, and you try to compensate that for it's core flaws, but then you just can't do it any more.

The control / camera scheme is horrible, and it is not free 100%. You pay to play beyond level 20 or something. The bot AI is worse than Guild Wars. On top of that, I couldn't even figure out how to get the piece of shit into Fullscreen mode.

Horrible horrible game that I would not even do justice of a review other than what i've said.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:53 PM 

Sounds fair enough.... I probably wouldn't have said much either. However, I believe they did release the lvl 20 cap. I think it's free all the way now.

It's definitely not anywhere near EQ2... I just thought it was a bit different and had some interesting concepts. EQ2 PvP is still the best out there and hopefully it will continue down the course it's been following of late.

Take care,
Muli

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:16 PM 

Uncheck the "Start in Windows Mode" on the Patch Screen to log into Full Screen mode btw. Also... everyone just needs to try EQ2 on Nagafen when RoK comes out ;)

Take care,
Muli

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:35 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

I recently went back to this after a long hiatus from it, and I'm still enjoying this damned game. It's honestly got an addictive Diablo-like quality to it I can't describe, it's just fun to obliterate a room filled with 50 mobs with 3 characters with a number of skills/stances. It's bit of a grindfest, no question, but it's fun to mess around with the different stances and see what you can do with different combinations of classes/UPCs.

I dunno, I read Givin's post a while back originally and kinda /boggled. It's not half of what WoW is, but it's kinda mindless monster-smash fun. I've seen a lot worse in the free MMORPG world.

Offline Profile