All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: FFXI
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:06 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

EQ1: Aaramis, Aerendil
EQ2: Aaramis, Telomir
SWOR: Aaramis
Sorry for the bump, but I just came across the Lanys boards (it's been a while) and thought I'd post a response, as I've been in FFXI for the last little while.

PS - belated /hail to everyone.

Ok, Givin, here goes:

Quote:
Bumping this for research purposes.
Doubt anybody here still plays, and I refuse to go to killing ifrit to research since its an AIDS infested shithole.

Don't use Killing Ifrit. I tend to use FFXIclopedia (http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Main_Page) for all job, quest, and forum info.
There's also the Vanadiel forum boards, although those are mostly dead. And if you go to the FFXI mainpage -> Linkshell Community, there are boards allocated for each linkshell there, where alot of other conversation happens.

Quote:
I had heard they put in BCNM type encounters for the level break quests similar to the Maat fight.

Untrue. You still have to do the level break quests. Although Maat is much easier for some classes now with recent job fixes, he's still a PITA for some other jobs.

Quote:
I also heard that no drop versions of the more popular items went in also to curb farming of them. Like emperors hairpin and leaping boots. Also heard that Lord of Onzozo doesn't drop his epeen anymore and that got moved to a BCNM loot table.

True. Emperor's Hairpin is in a BCNM30 (Dropping Like Flies); Kraken Club is in a BCNM60 (Up in Arms); and several others are as well (eg. Ochiudo's Kote, and others).
The drop rates aren't the best on all of these, though. Kraken Club reported drop rate is under 5%, for example.

Quote:
Did they go through with making 2 handed weapons worth a shit?

Yes, they certainly did. They introduced grips, which go in the 2nd hand slot for all 2 handed weapons, and give certain bonuses (eg. +int/mnd/mp grips for mages using staves, and things like +acc or +haste for the melees).
The real improvement was that they increased 2h damage vs. high DEF mobs, and changed the ACC/ATK ratio for 2h users to 1:1.
(eg. for 1h weapons, it's 2STR=1ATK and 2DEX=1ACC. For 2h users it's now 1STR=1ATK, and 1DEX=1ACC).
Needless to say, the WAR/NINs went back to using Greataxe, and DRG, SAM and DRK damage went through the roof.
NIN tanks are even worse at holding hate now than they ever were, and some are thinking the NIN tank pre-60 is almost dead.

Quote:
ANY exp changes made? Solo, party whatever. INterested in just a description.

Yes and no. No major changes made, but xp rings were introduced into the game (2 different rechargeable ones, that give +50% xp and +75% xp for a short time, as well as a once-a-year non-rechargeable anniversary ring, which gives +100% (I think) xp.

Also, when you get to 75 and join "merit" parties (think of EQ's AA's), xp flies. It's not uncommon to see "Chain# 80!" on those.

Other changes of note:
- Treasures of Aht Urghan (aka ToAU) introduced Besieged (where monster armies attack the major city and you have to defend it), and other things such as Assault (where you do mercernary quests).
To answer Eli's question about armor sets and whether Koenig is still the best - check out some Assault armor.
They also have plenty of other choices for 70+ including the various abjuration armors.

- ToAU introduced Blue Mage (BLU), Puppetmaster (PUP), and Corsair (COR). The upcoming expansion will introduce Dancer and Scholar.

- since we were discussing 2h changes, some noted changes to DRG and DRK in the last year or 2:
DRK were given Drain 2, Dread Spikes (spikes that deal damage and heal the DRK for the amount dealt), Absorb-TP, and a few other goodies.
DRG had their 2HR ability changed, Call Wyvern changed to 15min recast, and given ACC bonus 2 at 50.
Several 2h weaponskills were also changed (for DRK, SAM, DRG, and WAR) to give much better results. I've seen DRG/WHM (note - /WHM) Pentathrust for 1500. It's sick.

However, the previous criticism about the xp grind, the long hours involved, and the sheer number of hurdles to jump through still holds true.
The whole melee life of sitting LFG for hours on end still exists.
Player skill on the whole has gone down due to damage increases. People tend to "TP burn" by spamming WSs these days, rather than setting up skillchains for the BLM to burst on.
Hell, I've seen some 75s who are unfamilar with BCNMs, or haven't the foggiest clue on game basics (and no, they weren't ebayed accounts - these were players who went from 1 to 75).

The game has improved on the whole, but is still not easy.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:13 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

God help me.....at nights I lay there thinking of what game I want to play on my limited free time and something keeps drawing me back to wanting to play FFXI.....god why. WoW just doesn't really work for me, EQ it is just to hard to go back to, EQ2 blah, and about to finish the raid content in vanguard and settle in for months and months of farm mode while we wait for new content.

Any changes made to address the extremely limited grouping oppurtunities between levels?

Is it viable to solo/duo your way up?

I would imagine always plenty of groups out there leveling other jobs (one of the best implemented ideas in any MMO imo)?

Does having a high level character that you relevel another job with make it alot easier? (Ie, can you switch out fast and finish that hard quest with your high char and turn in reward with low char etc?, or use any higher lvl gear?)

Is there life past lvl cap?

Meh....always so hard to try and get back into a game when you are so far back. Wish fucking VG wouldnt have fucked up and lost most their customer base and thus half their staff making it so content is going to be slow as shit or else I would be a happy camper. (those that never tried it, with recent changes to make traveling easier etc, VG is becoming even easier and alot of fun for those looking for something else....I just have 3 50's and have done everything pve wise in the game basically and need a quick fix....titan quest is giving it to me know but can only loot farm so much before you realize it doesn't matter!)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:52 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Totally hear you, Turbo. I've been messing around with it... it's just really hard to bring myself to play such a dated game though. The interface is sooooo clunky and uncustomizable. The camera is slower than shit.

But fuck if I can't get over that job system! I'm as much a Final Fantasy Tactics whore as you are =p I like that the game is actually difficult. I like that you can't solo your way to 75 in a couple weeks. I was 2boxing and having a shitload of time bringing down a mob that was only one level above me - I died against it, and I fucking loved every second of it! Also, Samurais, Ninjas, and Monks? I rest my case.

It's just really too bad how dated it is. I wish so much they would make an FFXI 2 modeled after WoW's interface design, I would be completely all over that.

I'm in the love it and hate it at the same time category =(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:12 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Quote:
Any changes made to address the extremely limited grouping oppurtunities between levels?

No, not really. You still pretty much have to stay within certain level ranges (usually +/- 3 levels).
It's also the same as it's always been with regards to ease of grouping. Play a WHM or RDM and you get hunted for groups; play a melee class and unless you form your own party, you could be LFG for hours on end.

Quote:
Is it viable to solo/duo your way up?

A lot of classes can solo their way to 75, especially with those rechargeable +xp rings now ingame. It's just... a hell of a lot slower than grouping.

Quote:
I would imagine always plenty of groups out there leveling other jobs (one of the best implemented ideas in any MMO imo)?

Yep, exactly. Especially right now with the new expansion, there's plenty of people trying out Dancer and Scholar.

Quote:
Does having a high level character that you relevel another job with make it alot easier? (Ie, can you switch out fast and finish that hard quest with your high char and turn in reward with low char etc?, or use any higher lvl gear?)

Yep, definitely. As a higher level character, you'd be able to farm for gear for your other jobs, or even do some quests as your higher level job (i.e. some lvl 50-60 armor quests have to be started on that job, but you can then switch to another lvl 75 to do the majority of them). Also, with merits (think EQ AA), there are some that affect other jobs, although the merits are somewhat diminished on a much lower level job. But you still have a small advantage over other people.

Quote:
Is there life past lvl cap?

Raids. Merit XP parties. Besieged. etc.
Depends on your linkshell, mostly. If you're in a huge raid LS, you'll never have a lack of stuff to do I'd wager.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:59 AM 
Spider Slayer

I'm curious about Vanguard's end-game. Like armor sets and weapons and such, what people strive for end-game exactly. Also, a good duo team? Bit tired of WoW really. Too much of a hassle finding a PvE guild that doesn't make me want to strangle them and PvP is becoming lackluster after three years. I'm playing LotRO atm, but I don't see that lasting beyond finishing the epic storyline quests, and it wouldn't even last for that if I didn't actually like LotR.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:54 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Man...i will wait till I run all 3 guys in Titan Quest through legendary (just got all 3 to act IV is all so plenty of fun farming to be had!) then I think I might bite the bullet and try out FFXI again.....if they would make a new NA specific server I bet they would fill that so damn fast....fuck I would pay an extra 10 dollars a month as a "special server" fee or something. I heard BLM's aren't good in burn parties? Always been a mage at heart :( Are they at least high dps in raid situations?

As far as VG end game......for their first set of raids I think they did an awesome job. The next batch should be alot better now that they better understand their scripting tools. There is an armor set that you collect, there is very very rare recipes that drop that make some awesome gear (you need the end dragon drop or get a lucky drop off one of the last few top end guys).

There are a few pieces of gear that are orgasmic but for the most part just small incremental gains. Majority of mobs drop an armor set piece (its a mold, any class can use so you wont ever waste it until entire guild has) plus an item. Last few mobs have more then one drop.

Weapons are some what limited and the majority of the non set armor drops are pretty solid so its a horse apiece of what you gear up with. 3 piece bonus set is a joke but alot of classes 5 piece set bonues are pretty solid. I like castors ability to increase their damage by a few different variables (damage focus (capped), straight damage % increase, crit rate increase, accuracy, cast time etc and also dropped spells in raids (rare) that are upgrades to current spells. But overall itemization isn't that great in the raid game....however a fully geared raid char clearly has a distinct advantage over non raiders, just not as much as EQ used to provide in the PoP days etc (time geared char vs non raid was HUGE)

18 or so raid mobs....majority of them each have their unique ways to beat them. I wouldn't compare it to Naxx (really don't like wow but naxx is still tied for the best raid zone ive seen for overall challenge and variety back when it first came out). But overall for a first raid zone I think its pretty damn fun. I wouldn't mind 32 man raids (18 atm, 24 planned for next) just due to the fact there is so many unique classes that have different things to offer it sucks basically having a raiding party of one of each class plus bards heh. (bards increase dps so insanely...its almost required on some fights that have dps limits built into them...for instance a big ass bone dinosaurish mob that spawns 5 mobs every so often, you have 45 seconds to kill them, if you don't a new mob respawns in each skeletons place that is pretty ass rape PLUS the timer is still going so you start getting over ran and with only 18 person raids you die mighty fast.

There are two scripted fights that really stand out and give some awwwwe factor to the raiding.

Anywhose.....nothing "next" gen really, but a very solid raid experience that I would put up against anything ive seen to date. "IF" vg can make it to the next expansion I think the raid zone they are currently developing is going to have some awesome stuff....and they are making it extremely difficult but also will be the first introduction of true items of power (ie...game changing gear opposed to just minor upgrades).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:13 PM 

I might add no pvp or battlegrounds in Vanguard. Nuff said!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:37 AM 

Is there any PvP at all in Final Fantasy XI? Any hopes of a new server where everyone could start fresh? I think EQ2 PvP servers are really the best overall gameplay of anything I have ever done and I've played them all. However, I feel it's begining to run it's course as people are getting into new Beta's and anticipating new games.

I may continue to play EQ2 PvP while I wait to see how AoC or WAR turns out but, i'm a huge FF fan and never really had the opportunity to get into the game itself.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:36 PM 
Spider Slayer

As far as I know they only had Ballista before I quit. Not sure if they added anything new. It was scheduled gimpy PvP, and there were level brackets too, so you had to have the gear for it, lvl 30 gear, lvl 60 gear, etc. FFXI is more of a grinding/social game. I had a lot of friends, but once people started quitting, surprise...everyone I know is gone now except maybe one. The cutscenes are pretty cool, and they're still stuck in my mind after like 3+ years since I played. I especially liked Chains of Promathia's missions and music. You may have to translate mash your way into a JP group if you want to finish those missions though, though I did hear they nerfed Promyvions to be more casual friendly. When I did it my linkshell were the only NAs to get through Promyvion's on our server for a good two weeks.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:46 PM 

I think FFXI added one more thing to pvp in addition to Ballista. Honestly I don't think pvp is very popular amongst the crowd in FFXI anyway. It's really not a pvp game.

WoW is pretty much still the reigning champ of MMORPG pvp right now(I'm talking a game that has both serious MMORPG aspects and a solid, balanced PvP system, not something lame like Guild Wars). I really hope we see some of the up and coming MMORPGs challenge that status a bit so we can see the industry push forward a bit. There's still much to be desired.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:59 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

EQ1: Elidrin
WoW: Avelle
I've pretty much been playing this damn game like crazy. Almost have 3 level 75s and plan on leveling RDM to 75 next. It's been a lot of fun, though I almost never seek for party, we have enough people leveling up in the linkshell where we have several static parties formed. I imagine I'll eventually get bored after I cap out, assuming I ever cap out on gear and stuff. I'll atleast be playing until WOTLK or some brand new MMO breaks the addiction and starts another.

Avelle 75 PLD/DRG/DRK/BRD
Midgardsormr - Active again
Elidrin 75 Paladin
Midgardsormr - Retired
Elidrin 65 Ranger
Lanys T'Vyl - Retired

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:28 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

Just finished CoP and it was probably the most epic series of quests/missions I've ever done in any MMORPG.

Elidrin 75 Paladin
Midgardsormr - Retired
Elidrin 65 Ranger
Lanys T'Vyl - Retired

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:21 PM 
Spider Slayer

Yeah. I never got to do those, but I read up on the story on some website. I'm sure it would've all looked cooler with cutscenes though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:11 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

elidrin wrote:
I've pretty much been playing this damn game like crazy. Almost have 3 level 75s and plan on leveling RDM to 75 next.

First of all, congrats on the 3 lvl 75s and finishing CoP, Eli. Good stuff.
The CoP line is absolutely awesome (not quite finished it myself, but we're getting there).

Secondly, go outside man. Experience sunlight.
The playtime to get 2 lvl 75s (you already had PLD at 75 if memory serves) and do all of CoP in the couple of months you've been back in FFXI is more hardcore than we were back in the EQ1 days.
That's just downright nuts!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:14 PM 
Spider Slayer

Leveling isn't hard at all if you have a set party. Most of the trouble leveling without one is constant LFGing or trying to make your own within the limited level ranges.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:45 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

Aaramis wrote:
elidrin wrote:
I've pretty much been playing this damn game like crazy. Almost have 3 level 75s and plan on leveling RDM to 75 next.

First of all, congrats on the 3 lvl 75s and finishing CoP, Eli. Good stuff.
The CoP line is absolutely awesome (not quite finished it myself, but we're getting there).

Secondly, go outside man. Experience sunlight.
The playtime to get 2 lvl 75s (you already had PLD at 75 if memory serves) and do all of CoP in the couple of months you've been back in FFXI is more hardcore than we were back in the EQ1 days.
That's just downright nuts!

Actually I releveled PLD on my new character. :P So that's 3 fresh 75s. The list includes Zilart, COP, AU, all done and Captain rank heh. All 3 of my 75s were statics. WAR/SAM/THF/NIN/WHM all 37 or 38. Oh and almost 100 merits. :X Going to hold off on the RDM for now while I try to cap merits for my 3 jobs, that should take a pretty decent amount of time. Where are you playing now Aara?

edit: Edit for random hotness. My DRK standing around waiting on static to exp the other day. http://www.risen-guild.com/avelle/ffxi/img_20080510_174235.jpg

Ended up coming back to the game and was so sick of my Elvaan I use him for a mule now and made a Mithra back in October. Was always impressed with their stats for melees so wanted to go that route instead of missing forever on my Elvaan. That and Elvaan have god damn terrible fighting animations.

Elidrin 75 Paladin
Midgardsormr - Retired
Elidrin 65 Ranger
Lanys T'Vyl - Retired

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:32 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
If I had a static I'd level another taru to 75 everythiing.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:58 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Eli, I still stand by my belief that you're completely nuts.

PS - same server as you. Hell, you inspected me on Avelle the other day, you ass, but I didn't know if it was you or not or I'd have said hi.
I'm levelling a different job every day, as I can't make up my bloody mind... but currently have 61 RDM, 53 DRK, and some other stuff (40 SMN, 37 SAM, etc.). Thinking of levelling up BLM or BLU and seeing how that goes.

PPS - dude, what's up with the mangina char? I mean, Wood Elves in EQ were feminine enough.... but Manthras are definitely in a realm of their own :p
And don't tell me it's for the stats!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:01 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

Aaramis wrote:
Eli, I still stand by my belief that you're completely nuts.

PS - same server as you. Hell, you inspected me on Avelle the other day, you ass, but I didn't know if it was you or not or I'd have said hi.
I'm levelling a different job every day, as I can't make up my bloody mind... but currently have 61 RDM, 53 DRK, and some other stuff (40 SMN, 37 SAM, etc.). Thinking of levelling up BLM or BLU and seeing how that goes.

PPS - dude, what's up with the mangina char? I mean, Wood Elves in EQ were feminine enough.... but Manthras are definitely in a realm of their own :p
And don't tell me it's for the stats!

So you run with Wyuli's gang? I thought Aara could be you but I couldn't remember and I thought you were a Taru. Mithra only come in one flavor Aara! And that is Manthra. :|

PS: Yes I know I'm crazy. :/
PPS: Add me to friends when you get on tonight or whenever!

Elidrin 75 Paladin
Midgardsormr - Retired
Elidrin 65 Ranger
Lanys T'Vyl - Retired

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:20 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

elidrin wrote:
So you run with Wyuli's gang? I thought Aara could be you but I couldn't remember and I thought you were a Taru. Mithra only come in one flavor Aara! And that is Manthra. :|

Well, you're half-right. When I first started the game, back with you guys when it released, I was a Taru. Levelled RDM and DRK, mostly.

When I came back a year or 2 ago, the char was gone and I started over with a Hume (works better for me, as I'm indecisive with jobs).

As for the LS, yeah, I'm with Wyuli. We were previously in a different LS, but then Peytons, Wyuli and I left it and formed the new one we're in now. Then I quit for about 8 months (between the time I left Japan and now), at which time they're all 75 now (2 or 3 times over for some of them). But yeah, that's us.

I'll add ya to /friends tonight.

Any of you other punks playing on Midgard?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:02 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

Aaramis wrote:
elidrin wrote:

Well, you're half-right. When I first started the game, back with you guys when it released, I was a Taru. Levelled RDM and DRK, mostly.

When I came back a year or 2 ago, the char was gone and I started over with a Hume (works better for me, as I'm indecisive with jobs).

As for the LS, yeah, I'm with Wyuli. We were previously in a different LS, but then Peytons, Wyuli and I left it and formed the new one we're in now. Then I quit for about 8 months (between the time I left Japan and now), at which time they're all 75 now (2 or 3 times over for some of them). But yeah, that's us.

I'll add ya to /friends tonight.

Any of you other punks playing on Midgard?

Aleton and Skie are on Midgard as well. :) Ard was but he got bored again. :) I met Wyuli and Peytons through our old Sky shell. Good guys but that shell was garbage.

Elidrin 75 Paladin
Midgardsormr - Retired
Elidrin 65 Ranger
Lanys T'Vyl - Retired

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:37 PM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

EQ1: Kailtor(trex)
WoW: Kaltina - Alleria
How the jesus do you still play this game? ugh. :p :violent1:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:02 PM 

I think you could literally go afk while turning the camera in this game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:38 PM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

Venen wrote:
I think you could literally go afk while turning the camera in this game.

I once AFK'd in lower Jeunon following this dude that paces back and forth. When I came back an hour later, I had an army of people following me for no fucking reason. It was pretty much the only fun moment of the whole game, true story. :p

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:38 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Kail, you're such a geek :p

UI and controls aside (and which seem to be personal preference anyways. Personally I don't mind them; while others I know can't stand them), the graphics and gameplay are still amazing, and this is the only game since EQ1 that has held my interest for longer than a month or 2.

Most other games are dumbed down these days, and this is one of the few that still has some challenges.

*shrug*

To each their own, I guess.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:26 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

Now if only Aara would log back on.

Elidrin 75 Paladin
Midgardsormr - Retired
Elidrin 65 Ranger
Lanys T'Vyl - Retired

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:11 PM 

I have a tough time considering those UI and control issues a "personal preference". The main thing is the combat. Target switching. Combat in general is INCREDIBLY slow paced. I'll say that again for emphasis... INCREDIBLY slow paced. You're locked onto your target. you can't move around or do anything at a quick pace. It is absolutely the slowest-paced combat I have seen in any MMO, including EQ.

One of the biggest staples of an MMORPG is the ability to customize your interface. Forget customized UIs altogether, you can't even remap your goddamned keyboard.

The camera thing honestly is a pretty big downer for me. Why do I need to spend literally 5 seconds to turn around to see a mob smacking me in the face? And THEN I can go into "COMBAT MODE" and autolock onto him(as if I needed the assistance).

Combat just REEKS of softcore. It's positively horrible. The only "challenge" in this game is learning how to hotkey your menus. I won't even bother going into the insane amount of global/local cooldown spellcasting and other abilities have.

I gave the game an honest try. It's completed, utterly, dated... and after playing it again, I shortly realized why it didn't hold my attention and I went back to EQ over it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:36 PM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

Aaramis wrote:
Kail, you're such a geek
you love me. :p

Personally I can't stand the FFXI UI, hell, I had to hack it just to fucking make it a windowed program. Oh yeah, EQ did that too, and I whined about it then too. :P

You know what else pisses me off? No jumping. Now, I know what you're going to say. Oh Kailtor, you're one of those faggots in WoW that jumps every second. While that may be true, I do not like not being able to climb a crevice of 3 inches without going around.

Have I also mentioned the fact that if you're trying to heal your party, all you get is a TINY fucking bar with two hard to read numbers in the bottom right of the screen? How people can watch that all day while playing the game is beyond me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:49 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

Venen wrote:
It's completed, utterly, dated... and after playing it again, I shortly realized why it didn't hold my attention and I went back to EQ over it.

I respect your opinion of the game, but this made me raise an eyebrow. I don't know if you went back to EQ recently or when FFXI came out, but I tried EQ again probably a year or two ago and EQ felt waaaay more dated. Honestly FFXI is a lot more tolerable with Windower and some other stuff, but that is kinda against their ToS or whatever.

They are however making some great changes to endgame this coming update and I'm really looking forward to it.

Elidrin 75 Paladin
Midgardsormr - Retired
Elidrin 65 Ranger
Lanys T'Vyl - Retired

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:59 AM 

Hell no, this was definitely before WoW was released =D I wouldn't touch EQ with a 10-foot pole.

I completely understand being bored with WoW, but cmon, play Age of Conan or something =p

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:45 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Quote:
I completely understand being bored with WoW, but cmon, play Age of Conan or something

Blizzard needs to release content faster than they do now. The game is 4 years old, and ONLY one expan so far. This is BS. Waiting 2 years for each expan is not my idea of fun. Or, they need to add smaller content packs, and add more non raiding options. Is it that hard to make new Battlegrounds or Arena maps (just one of many things they can add to the game)?!?! I don't understand how hard can it be to add some more Arena maps to the game, or even Battlegrounds. Did it take much resources for The Eye of the Storm? Once Conan and Warhammer get going, maybe it will force Blizzard to sweat a little.

They need to add more teams to focus on different areas of WoW, not just adding End Game zones like the Sunwell. That, or maybe I should just give Conan a try :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:01 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Oh Kailtor, you're one of those faggots in WoW that jumps every second.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

elidrin wrote:
Now if only Aara would log back on.

I would, Eli, but the last time you saw me ingame you called me "pretty".

Now I'm a little afraid to log back in...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:28 PM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

Aaramis wrote:
Oh Kailtor, you're one of those faggots in WoW that jumps every second.
took you long enough

Offline Profile