It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:43 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LOTR- Arkenstone server
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:22 PM 
I schooled the old school.

Just thought I'd give you folks a heads up. We have a small kinship started in LOTR on the Arkenstone server of Lanys folks if anyone wants to join. Open invites for Lanys members.

This won't be anything serious in terms of raiding (none of us so far have any serious time to commit)-- just some fun. Log on, create a character, and send a tell to Fribur (or alts Frib and Friblet), Bilbow, Frogurt, or Digimond for an invite.

Last edited by Fribur on Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:00 AM, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:57 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

What game?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:19 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

considering he said kinship instead of guild I'd assume its LOTR:O but theres a thread for that too :p

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:00 AM 

We can only have one thread per game now?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:13 AM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

EQ1: Qindyin
WoW: Tgurok
Not to mention the stress test will be over today, and the game is released tomorrow.

Still haven't decided, I like the game, but do I want to play another MMO.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:01 AM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

Im on the same server under jaytroph ill try to send you all a tell some time....yeah I know you dont rmbr me but hey I remember our namesake server :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:21 PM 
What? Another Expansion?!
What? Another Expansion?!

I keep looking at this game.......

WoW is getting boring to me.

Are there any good Eastern servers?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:08 PM 

My computer died a few weeks ago, and I'm using an older one that doesn't run LOTR. I won't be online in that game until I can get a new computer or fix the old one. So... I'm not playing LOTRO atm.

But-- I still really enjoyed it up to that point. We have a few Lanys people playing in a small guild, at least while we were leveling up. Since I haven't been there in a month, I don't really know if any of them are still playing or not.

I think it's a solid game, and look forward to whatever the developers throw out there next. The gameworld is beautiful, and really feels like Middle Earth to me. Quests have been generally interesting, as well.

I don't remember if Arkenstone is an Eastern server or not; I am in the Eastern timezone, however, and found lots of people online with me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:17 AM 
Noob
Noob

I got LoTR would be interested in playing but, would like to have some people to hang out with, seems like its been hard to find people to hang around with in the games.. I hate soloing all the time. Anyone still playing or interested in starting a lower toon, ot guild i could join just to have some company

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:24 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Hmm thought I already posted this but doesn't look like it.

Somewhat interested in at least trying this out for a few days, can some one email me a trial referal please at jjohnson178@hotmail.com Thanks!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:27 AM 
Selling FBR First Torch!
Selling FBR First Torch!

I've been playing on Nimrodel for a little while now. Have a small perma group that consists of a Guardian (me) Minstrel, Burglar, and Captain. we play Monday through Thursday from 7-9pm (EST) as a group.

Honestly I'm really enjoying this game...it's had very few bugs, the graphics are great, questing is fun (tons of them) and surprising enough the general chat channels rarely are filled with crap.

The only negative I'd say is that nothing about it is what I'd call "revolutionary". They just released book 11 which now incorporates housing into the game, plus some raid stuff.

Elemynt Fyrestorm

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:29 AM 

Thought I would drop a post here to let people know I'm back in LOTRO with a few friend on the Arkenstone server, playing under the name "Fribur" if anyone wants to join me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:10 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

EQ1: Daas
WoW: Vuloth
EQ2: Daas
If anyone's still playing this game and has a founder's referral to spare, toss me a pm please =) I have it on good authority that Santa's dropping off a copy on the 25th

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:36 AM 

Just out of curiosity but how is the expansion. Does LOTRO have a significant playerbase?

From what I remember, it was straight up PvE game. How are the dungeons and raid content shaping up. I always wondered how they would stay so loyal to the story and allow players to be such a large part of it at the same time.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:45 AM 

Ever since I moved, I haven't gotten Internet access, so I haven't been playing.

I do miss it though-- but I just don't have time. The expansion looks really neat to me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:31 AM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

EQ1: Qindyin
WoW: Tgurok
he's rather have a caddy cuz when he rollz up on bitchez they get wet.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:36 PM 

word.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:01 PM 
I've pwned over 300 times!

Fribur, you still playing this?

Build a man a fire, and he's warm for the night.
Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:32 PM 

If I ever decide to get real Internet access again (not likely in the near future) then I'll probably start it again. I always liked the game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:58 PM 

just do it..

Build a man a fire, and he's warm for the night.
Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:31 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
Rosepedal wrote:
I keep looking at this game.......

WoW is getting boring to me.

Are there any good Eastern servers?

Apparently it's getting some fantastic reviews. Ran into 2 guys at the gym that suggested I try it, but I want to get a free trial or something before I go and plunk down another 15 a month on something.

*edit* didn't realize this was such an old post. Yeah, I'm extremely bored with WoW atm.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:48 PM 
What does this button do?

Been playing for about a year and a half, got bored for a while after maxxing 2 chars to 50 and a bunch of alts. Been having a lot of fun again since Moria came out.

They are running 10 day trials again.
http://www.lotro.com/trial/index.php

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:27 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
All i saw on that link was a download the game button. I've downloaded everything and patched but still see nada in the way of Trial play.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:16 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Open a few torrents and fire up WoW. That should create just enough lag to simulate the disgusting global cooldown between abilities in LotRO.

Now go to Hillsbrad and slay 30 bears. Once you do so, pump your fist in the air and cheer, then kill another 60. Give yourself the title of Bear Vanquisher. Repeat for every creature in the zone.

Now you are playing the exact same game LotRO.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:39 AM 

yes, becuase all you can do is get titles in LOTR.

PS-- you just described just about every MMO that ever existed.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:51 AM 

No shit?

Maybe you can tell everyone what else you can do in LotRO that you can't do in other, better, mmorpgs.

That's right. Get a shitload of titles.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:00 AM 

You can get immersed in the storyline of LOTR. That's what I love about it, and I can't do that anywhere else. I can't fight in the mines of Moria anywhere else.

You don't have to like it, but your reason given for not liking it (killing bears) seems rather silly, given that it's done in every MMO out there including the one you are playing right now.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:05 AM 

Ok, get immersed in the story.

I just saved you money, and the pain of playing a pretty shitty game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:15 AM 

That's not an MMO. You asked what I could do in this MMO that I can't do in any other.

And LOTRO simply isn't shitty-- or at least if you wish to make that kind of statement, feel free to actually back it up. It's a successful MMO at the moment, even if it doesn't cater to your particular interests.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:19 AM 

Why? You're just going to follow up with some stupid "That happens in every game" bullshit, even if I list things that LotRO does worse. You're going to have to do better than that and come up with some higher class bait.

Larreth wants to try it because he is bored of WoW. You don't play a worse version of WoW if you are tired of playing it. That simple.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:41 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Aw, Fribs, I never took you for a, "ITS REALLY FRODO SO ITS A GOOD GAME DAMMMIT" fanboi type. =(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:54 PM 
Spider Slayer

I would have liked to get immersed in the story. The fact that it took 2.5 hours to get people together for fellowship quest took the wind out of my sails. They added the token system to alleviate that by giving incentive to go back and do the older chapters but it still took forever to get shit done.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:10 PM 

Sorry Larreth, I didnt click the link, assumed they would have some sort of sign up..

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:34 PM 

I really liked this game when it came out. I looked at it like a Dungeon and Dragons Online part II not a WoW part II. I liked D&D online (I just don’t like the rule set for D&D) and I hoped that this game was going to be like a D&D online but taking out of the city and put into a big fantasy world. I didn’t like the shortage of classes and the fact that I went to gay ass Iraq a month after this game was released didn’t help.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:59 PM 

To this day, I want to like DDO so much. But they really, and I mean REALLY, fucked up on it. They should have never used it to push that stupid ass Eberron setting. They could have drew a random realm name out of a hat and it would have been a license to print money. On top of that, a lot of core elements that are important to D&D just do not translate well to a game and they had to put a lot of band aids and reworks just to make it true and avoid the wrath of purists.

A key element that is still missing is random dungeon creation.

But I still want to like it, I really do. I want to just roll up something and try the raids out because I hear they are pretty quality. If they had a lifetime subscription thing where I could get both LotRO and DDO, I would do it. But not individually.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:44 PM 

Not to change the topic here, I’m sure there is a good DDO write up on this or the old Lanys board from three years ago (besides arguing, changing topics here is the second best thing we do), but…

One of the coolest things in DDO is while using the in-game voice chat system and the Rogue yells out over the mic “STOP!, there is a trap up ahead!” (trap will ruin your day sometimes) or having to use each other to stand on spots or turn wheels to open areas to get other people through mazes and what not..

I agree about the whole Eberron thing. I would have loved something classic like Greyhawk or Dragon Lance. Forgotten Realms is too played out right now for me.

If you have a weekend to blow away, try Atlantica Online, it’s a group based MMO. As in you form up a group and go around doing quests and killing bad guys with a small fantasy character squad. You do fights like Final Fantasy, where you line up on one side and the enemies line up on the opposite side. Only turn off is that it’s one of those free Korean MMO’s that promote paying for items and stuff….but it’s a free down load.

Maybe all the old school Lanys peeps should pursue degrees in graphic design and engineering and go into business in like 2 years to make our own game. Hell, I can retire from the Army in three years and I will be looking for something to do at the age of 38….We could maybe dig up about 40 or so nerds from here and put something together real nice…that is if we can all get along long enough to work together.

James

Offline Profile