It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:38 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:32 AM 
Oh yeah? How 'bout I kick your ass?

EQ1: Xkhan
WoW: Xkhan
I get logged in and to the toon creation screen and it tells me I do not have a Vanguard Station subscription even though I entered in my pre-order number a month ago...

I just checked my station acct. and it shows Vanguard as being subscribed to.

Guess the servers aren't quite live yet, but I shouldn't be flagged as not having a VG subscription...

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:15 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Servers aren't supposed to be fully up I don't think until 10am PST, it may be related to that. If you are still having the issue after all the servers are up, I'm sure you won't be the only one.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:33 PM 
Oh yeah? How 'bout I kick your ass?

EQ1: Xkhan
WoW: Xkhan
Haha, tons of people who bought the pre-release and registered it back in Dec can't get in....

GO SOE!

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:48 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Do you have more than 1 station account?

You can have Vanguard in your station account still if you were in beta. In some cases the key wasn't consumed correctly. If you want to try it again (and still have your key handy) try going to this page directly and see what happens. If it works for you, let us know here.

https://secure.station.sony.com/vanguard/betaReg/beta_reg_key_consume.vm

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:15 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Arunhah
WoW: Scathain
Rift: Arunhah
EQ2: Scathian
I'm one of the people who bought it and can't get in.

Sadly, I cannot consume the beta key again (already consumed), and Sony has said that it is a known issue that some beta keys were not converted over into early release. No known ETA on a fix, they're saying to keep trying.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:53 PM 
What does this button do?
What does this button do?

Rift: Bigteeth
Eve Online Handle: Bigteeth
hehe, no 3 days for j0000. Works better for you anyways, you won't have to be hunting and having the server coming down because they must do Hot_Fix_00_111_987.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:49 AM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

Jokes on you no hot fixes or server downtime. Great "Pre-Release" well see how today fairs though.... no other mmorpg has had a release remotely as good as the pre... and i'm going to bet the release today will be more of the same. A few bugged quests from change when they implemented faction which ihs only ONE known quest at the 20's we ran into.. I'd say that's pretty good ;)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:04 AM 
Bridge Dweller

Pre-release was ok. There was lots of difficulty logging in, and some servers crashed.

TBC for WoW I'd say was a better overall experience, as far as "launch" goes. (And they had 2.5 million on the first night/day!)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:29 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

xSkycrasherx wrote:
Pre-release was ok. There was lots of difficulty logging in, and some servers crashed.

We probably didn't play the same game because only once a zone crash on me and it was back up the same minute.

Other than the patch on the first night taking 3 hours or so longer for a few server to come up online than what they said I didn't experience server crashes. And The first 30 min the server started to go online on the first day the char select screen was a bit messy but that's it.

I would have been surprised if WoW had problem with teh expansion seeing how much they already included lthe previous patches. It was just a matter of adding new zones mostly.

Offline Profile