PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:12 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Arunhah
WoW: Scathain
Rift: Arunhah
EQ2: Scathian
I just saw that as well.

Now to figure out which server I want to start on.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:14 PM 
Oh yeah? How 'bout I kick your ass?

EQ1: Xkhan
WoW: Xkhan
Maybe pick the last one in alphabetical order so that those who don't have a preference will fill the first ones up?

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:17 PM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

It's usually better to be on a high pop server, in my experience - easier to find groups, fill guild spots etc. Downside is too much competition in a non-instnanced world, but I'm not sure...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:33 PM 
Noob
Noob

woefeather .... so emo

makes me want to go cut myself.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:49 PM 
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage

EQ1: Golliwog
WoW: Rileigh
Florendyl
Woefeather

Either of those will have low population, I usually prefer a lower pop to a higher population.

The stupidest sounding names always have the lowest population.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:06 PM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

EQ1: Cakvala
WoW: Cakvala
LoL: Cakvala
Not many servers isit?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:21 PM 

When you consider the size of the world each continent is like the size of original EQ. So I would expect each server would support a higher population then normal.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:45 PM 
Bridge Dweller

eq only had about 500k subscribers at its peak too, right? i highly DOUBT that vanguard will attract more than, 75,000, maybe 100,000 if that. IF that.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:53 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Well depends....what did they say 3-5k max per server (online at once im hoping?) so lets just say 10k a server, 150k players they are probably guessing during initial start up.

Just depends how word of mouth goes....they have a shit ton of bad PR in some rings but honestly...last few weeks they have done 10X as much as they did the prior 3 months. Alot of changes and "most" are pretty positive. It just might be the "eq killer" !!! OK not but

Still to early but i've went from being super hyped about the game to testing the game thinking wow this could be great, to thinking god damn these idiots just said fuck the vision to thinking dear lord wow clone but 10X as hard as grind to fuckers where is my pizza back to thinking this game has some great potential and they are delivering in crunch time. Will it be enough for positive reviews out the gate....depends mainly on the server reliability. If there aren't any major game altering bugs or any large number of long crashes the game itself is pretty damn good in its current state minus a few blairing things that in all reality every mmo to date has had similar issues on release.

I think we are playing on higilby or some semi emo sounding shit as well. I'll post when that is confirmed.

Just a forwarning for people that are going to play release but haven't done beta....lvl 1-6 will take you 2-3 hours probably but the exp requirements start ramping up fast after that and the dangers increase greatly (for instance once you leave dark elf semi noob area its a bitch just to make a run along the road if you were wanting to run to another city. Many add's etc.

If you are starting BRAND new i would say go threastre if you don't have friends that are different races that you want to meat in the near future, its of much higher quality visually and questing. Just a better and more recently done area. However qalia is organized very nicely and much easier to get around in, just looks less well looks...meh compared to some of the crazy ass graphics in threastre. But if you played there before and want to lvl faster its so much easier to get around as you progress that it would be wise to start there. 1-15 are relatively fast, noob area (1-7) dark horse track/green witch cave 8 - 11, hive 12 - 13, then TD and near by lizzy camps for a few more lvls. After that it hits a lull until 17/18 when you go up to HZ north side which has many awesome small 3 step chain quests. 20+ inf. plains starts all the good (and gay) chain quest series that produces your first real "uber" items but it sucks because you have to do them in order so finding groups all on the same one blows. Exp is good.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:01 PM 
Bridge Dweller

i wanna play retail. can't wait.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:08 PM 

Turbo wrote:
last few weeks they have done 10X as much as they did the prior 3 months. Alot of changes and "most" are pretty positive.

None of which they've had adequate time to test. They just made HUGE combat changes like 3 days ago. I don't know how they think they're going to be able to test these and balance everything fucking encounter in the game with these new changes.

It's going to get messy 30+ after release. Wait and see. :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:34 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

K Hilsbury it is forsure.

Big patch going on so hopefully more "good" changes. And yes obv we would love for those changes they made to combat to be tested but /shrug. I will say the difference with new combat changes/exp change of late made the game from 2 weeks ago (teh suck) go to pretty fun but I just lvl'd up 2-3 chars from 1-12 to get familiar again with the areas.

If anyone is not caring what server they are on but plan on hitting the first 3-6 days pretty heavy lvl'n wise feel free to join us. Should have a pretty solid group of players that know the game pretty well already and dedicating the time to hit the gates running. A perma group tank would be great if any old friends plan on playing gimme a PM .

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:13 PM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

The level train is coming through get on or move out of the fucking way. that is all really.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:37 AM 

So we are decided? Hillsbury?

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:45 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Well thats where a few of us are going and where we are suggesting others go so....unless some one has a convincing arguement for another server that is where we are going.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:59 PM 
What does this button do?
What does this button do?

Rift: Bigteeth
Eve Online Handle: Bigteeth
I had a lv24 warrior, pretty fun class. Never tried any of the other tanking classes tho.

I would join on hillsbury as a tank, but I am still undecided if I should play this game on release or wait.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:04 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
I've decided to wait, since I got suckered into playing WoW again. :D I don't want to say anything negative about VG, because it has good aspects, but many flaws became evident to me in replaying WoW again (after an almost 2 year hiatus).

It's not that VG isn't good...it is. And a lot of the aspects of the game that WoW people will hate are things that actually helped EQ be a true community (which I don't believe WoW has ever been, outside of guild affliations). The game doesn't provide many buffers to world interactions, meaning that the community on a server has to both compete with one another, and cooperate with one another. And that's something people both loved and hated in EQ (which is largely resolved in WoW by instancing, and the ability to solo/low group/low raid numbers).

Also in returning to WoW, I noticed one stark difference where Vanguard (and the like) are hugely superior. People who play. The general chat in WoW makes me want to beat people to death with English 101 books. It's not just the horrific spelling/grammar (though it's bad when you can't even understand some people), it's also the level of chatter. It's like being in a 7th grade locker room with little boys who've had way too much sugar, and just got into Dad's stash of pr0n.

Which to clarify, is a bad thing.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:55 PM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

god I hate WoW so much. It's so.... wimpy .... of an mmo, there's just no teeth, no epicness, it's just a nonstop timesink.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:06 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
Turg wrote:
god I hate WoW so much. It's so.... wimpy .... of an mmo, there's just no teeth, no epicness, it's just a nonstop timesink.

I'm sure I'll get back to that point, but two years away + expansion has made it fun for now. Plus...I think many of the gamers from the EQ days have less available time now to toss at an MMO. I found EQ far more of a timesink, at least personally. And I didn't play nearly as much as many people I gamed with.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:10 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

EQ1: Abysmul
WoW: Who
/shrug

8 or 10 times the player base, 8 or 10 times the idiots.

The forums are a cesspool of idiots but overall I'm pleased with our server and most folks I'm involved with do feel we have a decent community on our server.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:05 AM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

Quote:
It's like being in a 7th grade locker room with little boys who've had way too much sugar, and just got into Dad's stash of pr0n.
:lol:

That's precisely the reason I couldn't even make it through the free 30 days.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:01 AM 

and you just KNOW Tarot fantasizes about being in the boys locker room while using her rabbit... :)

_____

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:27 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

With all MMO's the initial game gets you playing and your friends keep you playing. WoW is just too super mario brothers for my tastes. They stress PvP which always attracts the b.net diablo kiddies, and isn't my interest. EQ2 is actually quite good, but they never recovered from their initial poor release.

I fear VG may be heading for the same initial blunder with a complete overhaul. I personally don't need the MMO I'm playing to have 8M subscribers, but it should at least have 100-200k like EQ1.

I'll likely pickup VG and play, but fear it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:31 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno

Please hop on and off as needed, Tarot. :P

Offline Profile