It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:49 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:59 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Quote:
VANGUARD: SAGA OF HEROES MAKES THE JOURNEY INTO RETAIL STORES ON JANUARY 30, 2007

San Diego, CA - January 11, 2007 - Sony Online Entertainment and Sigil Games Online today announced that the upcoming massively multiplayer online role-playing game Vanguard: Saga of Heroes will be released to retail outlets across North America and Europe on January 30, 2007, for the suggested retail price of US$49.99. A limited edition is also available for a suggested retail price of US$89.99.

Currently in beta, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes features vibrant environments reminiscent of oil paintings, a robust character customization tool and three distinct spheres of advancement in a seamless world without zoning or instancing. The immersive fantasy world is comprised of three massive, uniquely-themed continents for players to discover new creatures, new items and unlimited adventure. Players have complete freedom to roam the world whether flying dragons to islands in the sky or riding swift steeds to exotic lands.

“We are excited about delivering an MMO with immersive gameplay features that bring new depth and fun to the genre,� said Brad McQuaid, CEO, Sigil Games Online. “Vanguard gives players the chance to live in a breathtaking world and try new things such as our diplomacy system and our unique approach to crafting. We’re proud to be delivering this level of great gameplay for years to come.�

“SOE is pleased to be working with Sigil to bring the eagerly anticipated Vanguard to fruition,� said John Smedley, President, Sony Online Entertainment, “Vanguard not only broadens our product portfolio in the online space, but will also be a welcomed addition to our already value packed all-in-one Station Access subscription line-up.�

Players can pre-order Vanguard: Saga of Heroes now through a variety of methods including digitally and at retail, and by doing so, obtain an invitation to entrance into the live beta and, with purchase, access to the live servers up to three days prior to the official release. In addition, players that pre-order and purchase at retail will receive an exclusive in-game scroll that will allow their character to sprint for longer periods of time due to an endurance buff (one per account). For more information or to order Vanguard: Saga of Heroes visit http://www.joinvanguard.com/buy/

About Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
The only limits are your own in Telon. The adventurous can choose from multiple paths of exploration within the three spheres of advancement: adventuring; crafting; and diplomacy. Players can delve into the mysteries of Telon, and embark upon quests to slay monstrous beasts locked deep inside rugged mountain ranges. Those with a quick mind can use diplomacy to convince kings to move armies and change the course of history. With player-crafted boats, flying mounts, and customizable player housing, Vanguard offers players a world of their own choosing.

Key Features of Vanguard: Saga of Heroes:
• No boundaries: Explore an epic seamless world. From the smallest dungeon to the highest peak. If it can be seen it can be explored.
• Limitless customization: In a world of thousands, carve your own unique destiny and appearance with an unparalleled character creator and by choosing one of 19 different races from Orcs and Goblins to Dwarves and Elves.
• Forge your own path: Choose from one of 15 exciting professions including Paladin, Ranger, Sorcerer, Psionicist, Bard and Rogue.
• Immersive and interactive: Vanguard’s unique, dynamic, reactive, combat system allows you to build chains of special attacks and reactions with Openers, Bridges and powerful Finishing moves.
• Ride or sail around the world: With dozens of unique mounts to collect, you can race into battle on your warhorse, command the skies on the back of your dragon or join friends and embark on a sea-based adventure to discover faraway lands.
• Play your way: Advance your character as an adventurer, set up your own shop as a crafter, talk your way to the top as a diplomat or do all three with the same character.
• Open Market: Collect essential materials and use skills such as blacksmithing and artificing to create valuable and powerful items as well as ships and housing.
• Home for sale: Make Telon feel like home by staking your claim on a piece of land and furnishing your own house with unique items.

For more information about Vanguard: Saga of Heroes please visit: http://www.joinvanguard.com

About Sony Online Entertainment
Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games, with hundreds of thousands of subscribers around the globe. SOE creates, develops and provides compelling entertainment for the personal computer, online, game console and wireless markets. Known for its blockbuster franchises and hit titles including EverQuest®, EverQuest® II, Champions of Norrath®, Untold Legends™, and PlanetSide®, as well as for developing Star Wars Galaxies™, SOE continues to redefine the business of online gaming and the creation of active player communities while introducing new genres on various entertainment platforms. Headquartered in San Diego, CA, with additional development studios in Austin, TX, Seattle, WA, Denver, CO, and Taiwan, SOE has an array of cutting-edge games in development. SOE is owned by Sony Pictures Digital and Sony Computer Entertainment America.

About Sigil Games Online
Based in Carlsbad, California, Sigil Games Online is a studio dedicated to creating massively multiplayer online (MMO) games. Founded in 2002 by Brad McQuaid and Jeff Butler, key figures in the development of award-winning EverQuest, the company plans to be a driving force in the continued evolution of this unique genre. Sigil Games Online is comprised of an all-star team of experienced developers with an impressive pedigree of commercially successful and critically acclaimed online games. The company’s first game, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, will be co-published with Sony Online Entertainment and is scheduled for release Q1 2007. For more information, visit http://www.sigilgames.com.

http://www.soepress.com/release.asp?i=53

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:07 PM 

I guess we'll see how much they can do from now til launch. I'm assuming they're stocking servers at SOE right now ready to go. Hopefully the launch won't be 2 days after release :P

I think i'm going to wait and observe from a distance.

Muli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:19 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Launch should technically be January 27th... maybe, and only if you pre-ordered. All depends on if those pre-order play 3 days early thing works out.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:29 PM 
What does this button do?

Dammit, I can't play on the 30th and 31st. Oh well, maybe I'll start on the 2nd batch of servers. Worked out pretty well on Lanys.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:46 PM 
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage

EQ1: Golliwog
WoW: Rileigh
I booked some vacation for 29, 30, 31, but may end up cancelling it if this launch turns out to be a lag-fest.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:47 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Vacation ... to play a video game? That's some dedication bro! Hehe.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:54 PM 

EQ1: Golliwog
WoW: Rileigh
xSkycrasherx wrote:
Vacation ... to play a video game? That's some dedication bro! Hehe.

I have some carry over from last year that I need to use by the end of march. Seems like as good a time as any to take it.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:05 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

I'm sure most of us have taken a day or two off of work (or called in sick) to play EQ/WoW/whatever. I know I have. :P

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:18 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

too soon...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:50 PM 
Everquest Rocks!
Everquest Rocks!

TheDukeOfNuke wrote:
too soon...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:09 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

To early in big bold flashing pink letters but no point in bitching about it now.

They are making a good effort to add a shit ton of changes etc so there is hope (little) that it might be a total cluster fuck.

I just hope they let us know if the actual launch date and 3 day pre order launch is the 27th and 30th or if its the 30th and 2nd.

I have a pretty big vaction pool luckily so I definitely will be taking 3 days off for this one as long as there is no emegencies on my projects to deal with. Its going to be a waste though, I bet the servers will be up 50% of the time those first 3 days.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:44 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

I second Muligan's motion. I'll be waiting a bit before purchasing(if for no other reason than to wait for the rush/lag to die down a bit), but I'll probably buy it just to try something new regardless of what the reviews say. I'm downright sick of WoW and I just see more of the same with the expansion.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:03 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

EQ wasn't exactly ready for prime time at its launch date either. Of course, that was a different time...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:15 PM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
technically wow wasn't ready for release either ;p

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:24 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Well personally I enjoy the aspect of being one of the first to do things and explore areas etc (doesn't mean jack shit in all reality but oh well its part of the enjoyment of the game for me). So I definitely don't want to wait to see what happens with it.

As far as EQ not being ready dear lord.....for those of us around that played beta/start of eq we damn well know that VG is 10 X as complete as EQ was not to mention much much more complex and large. Man i had 8 minute zone times (granted shitty connection and comp) but still...8 minutes per zone and if you never made the mistake of binding in a SG hut at low lvls and then having to wait 8 minutes each time only to zone in and already be dead....you just haven't had fun !!!!

That being said....the market today demands much more polish on a game, shit look how much shit VG is getting and aside from a few diamonds in a rough the game is about as polished as any other game that has been released (in many aspects extremely polished in other core aspects no where near read). More choices and evolution of MMO's the more demand we put on companies and sigil definitely not giving into the demand to wait which is primarily based of an empty bank account.

Its sad but the higher lvl you get the more finished content seems and really cool events/fights. There really did well capturing that "omg" feeling when fighting some bosses, its more like a raid then a group even though you just have 6. The only problem is alot of these things are deep in area's that are hard to get to or hidden pretty well which is great for the niche players that enjoy working for shit but today's market is made up more of fucking dumbshits that want everything given to them on a platter.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:26 PM 

People shouldn't really be discouraged and put so much into a launch deciding the fate of a game. I don't care how much experience or testing you have behind you, a launch cannot be replicated in a testing environment. You can do a sample size and attempt to get your headings but just as EQ and WoW (though extremely different in launch issues) you will and can have issues. Who knows, VG may have 1.5 million people trying to log in on the 30th. What can happen, will happen. Customer Service is ultimately the key and keep an open, honest communication to those in the chat rooms and checking the boards.

I hope they do well. We really need the bar to be raise at this point instead of companies attempting to capitalize on the MMO cash cow market.

Muli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:56 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

VG not fun to play.

Also deciding to launch 2 weeks after the WoW expansion is not smart. VG had a real shot at grabbing curious and bored folks from WoW.

VG will follow the EQ2 model of coming out terrible, pissing off the masses, doing a complete overhaul, and spending eternity having new VG players raving and the initial VG release folks complaining although they never tried new VG.

PS. plan work days off to play a few days after launch, if servers have issues and are down, you'll have wasted the days.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:57 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

Or better yet, just wait. There are no more superstars in MMOs. Nobody cares anymore who gets to 50 first. You'll just be forgotten in a few weeks as everyone else gets there too.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:59 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
Dolalin wrote:
Or better yet, just wait. There are no more superstars in MMOs. Nobody cares anymore who gets to 50 first. You'll just be forgotten in a few weeks as everyone else gets there too.

For most people it has nothing to do with being 'superstar' and everything to do with getting out of the overcrowded noob zones.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:22 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

There's empty road both before and behind that speeding semi of overpopulation... waiting will solve that problem too, and you can be more sure you're not wasting your money.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:10 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Quote:
EQ wasn't exactly ready for prime time at its launch date either. Of course, that was a different time...

Which part were you referring to? Also, no hate here, seriously, were you around during EQ launch. Meaning: playing eq at that time?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:04 PM 

Quote:
I have a pretty big vaction pool luckily

I have the entire month of February off. I just don't have the 28th through 31st of January available. Oh well. Anyone wanna level like mad in February? I am definitely playing a Disciple (assuming they get them done) or a Monk. Hmm I wonder if I can get my mother-in-law to come give me "help" like Cartmans mother helped him while playing.

One other issue I see with VG. People have pretty strong opinions about the class and race they want to play. People are widely separated with no good way of traveling, assuming they remove the porters. Getting your group together will be an issue.

I am actually happy they are releasing when they are. The people that want the WoW will be playing that, leaving VG to the rest of us. One month later when everyone is done with the basic new expansion crap in WoW and logging in to VG I will be done with leveling... mostly... hopefully. Here's to hoping that the release goes smoother, serverwise, than I think it will.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:37 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

I followed the EQ launch but didn't actually run out and buy it until August of '99 (I was 17 and on the fence about EQ or UO). Started on Fennin Ro.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:10 AM 

Quote:
Which part were you referring to? Also, no hate here, seriously, were you around during EQ launch. Meaning: playing eq at that time?

If I remember correctly EQ was literally unplayable for the first 2 days upon release. Most everyone was just sitting in the chatroom, occasionally jumping into the game for a few seconds before getting kicked out.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:32 AM 

It's amazing how times have changed. I remember the last phase of EQ beta. Actually remember all the alpha images (man they were bad) I was 17 as well, and me, Xolar, Zeronus, and Duty all got the game at launch. Every now and again I go back and read Brad's article in PC Gamer. EQ was NOTHING like he originally touted.

I believe at the time I was struggling to decide if I wanted to keep with StarCraft/Diablo and Civ games. I didn't have much confidence that they had the technology (or did I) to pull it off effectively.

I started on Solusek Ro check out my pic... :P

Those were the good ol' days. I have ALOT of good Lany's screens

Muli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:17 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

"Lanys" :P

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:17 PM 

Sorry.... I get punctuation happy.

Lanys T'vyl, how's that!?!?!

If you look at this one.. I had to group with Van :P

If you look even closer... you can see Givin delivering a devesitating Crit on Rhag.

lol..

Muli

Last edited by MuliganVanJurai on Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:02 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:51 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

/nerf

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:16 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Dear god Muli you were a paladin?
I was on E'ci and jumped to the new server Lanys to feel shiny and new! Made the same paladin mistake.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:58 PM 

Yeah... I was uber on Solu Ro. I was in the running for the SoulFire there for a bit. Then Jmellow got it with all the glory. Found out later he cheated. I forgot who eventually got the first SoulFire.

I think I made the bigger mistake. I rolled a cleric on Lanys after being a Paladin on Solu Ro. I look back and wish I would have been an SK or Rogue. Regardless, Lanys was the best time I have ever had on any game... period. I can't give too much credit to old school EQ. It was really the people and community we had. We had a great group of cool folks.

Muli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:48 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Lord almight that new exp curve is brutal. Its a hell level every level!!!

Well not that bad and me personally it doesn't bother me too much but I damn know VG is going to be losing ALOT of X-wow'rs that were looking for a small change and never had the joys of old school EQ lvl'n curve.

Not asking due to my personal tastes but fuck I hope they realize this is abit to steep for the sake of the game or else I will be paying 50 bucks a month when they are down to 50k sub after a few weeks.

This doesnt seem like a "curve" it seems like a fucking steep ass slope. Combine with some of the other changes that hampered us (as a sorc they took away some hps, gave mana then turned around and added mana costs to my spells plus added huge ass resists to mobs AND gave them more hps.

And lastly not sure if anyone has looked at it but I was looking at some spell data and they basically have int a straight X increase to damage instead of scaling it as you level which to me is just fucking retarded.

You have 100 int at lvl 1, it gives you 100+ to base spell damage, which is say 75% increase to your spell damage. Well at lvl 50 that same 100 int gives you...yes 100 increase in damage. Which increases your spell damage by ....5% but the amount of int you get doesn't scale nearly as well to give you that same overall increase in damage.

So to sum it up, a well geared low lvl player gets a large % increase to his damage, a equally geared char at lvl 50 gets a very small % increase relative to the low lvl player for having the same type of gear. Just seems like a horrible system, might as well make int effect resistance or something because it doesn't have near the impact as you progress and doesn't have scaled increases.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:09 PM 

Rift: Bigteeth
Eve Online Handle: Bigteeth
I haven't had the time to play, still waiting for my replacement parts but looking at the patch notes....ouch, welcome grind. And what's with them item passing so many damn zones?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:18 PM 

BTW, where the hell are the helmets? January 30th is getting everclose, but I don't see no helmets! Give me some cool helmets!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:29 PM 
Noob
Noob

Quote:
I forgot who eventually got the first SoulFire.

Musk on the Tunare server, if I remember right.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:19 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Screw helmets, id be happy if i didnt lose all my hair when i zoned...oh wait its a seamless world, RIGHT!!

Arris where you at now days? Gona play vg or?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:56 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WB Arris!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:17 AM 
Noob
Noob

I'm on the first beta server, the high pop one without a number. As "Arrix", since "Arris" I guess was already taken. Level 8 paladin currently =P

Dunno if I'm gonna get it on release, though. The graphics slowdowns are killer, and really detract from what would otherwise be a realy enjoyable game.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:18 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

is it me, or does vanamar in that pic from mulligan want magicians to get dual wield?

sigh... :roll:

-cc

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:09 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Cool, well me, finlainea and hhug are all on beta server 1 along with toasty, dral, guurn and a variety of lanys folk.

I will be gone for the next few days but hhug is on either hhugg/deaphs/hhugownsturbo (yes he is still that immature). Finlainea is on finlainea or one of 3 others but I am sure he will read this and give you a hola. Im usually on turb or turbtank/turbtest/turbkraft.

Ill send ya some $$ as we have no use for it heh. We are starting over in threstra and so far that continent is MUCH nicer then qalia it seems. Good to hear from ya again.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:41 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Quote:
Dunno if I'm gonna get it on release, though. The graphics slowdowns are killer, and really detract from what would otherwise be a realy enjoyable game.

This list of optimization tweaks helped my mid-range system quite a bit. Good balance of graphics quality and smoothness of play.

Quote:
Mort's game tweaks (from tech support)
Well I've been digging through the forums for close to two days now and thought I'd save everyone a TON of time by posting everything mentioned so far in a clear "guide"

Important to note that while this WILL work for many of you, it won't work for ALL of you (I'm rolling back my drivers and then defragging after this, but if that doesn't work, it certainly didn't work for me yet)

Also, I don't think that ANY of these tweaks are "supported" so before you do ANYTHING, make a copy of the file you are about to change and save it somewhere in the event that you need to revert back to basics.

I'll try to make this as clear and easy to follow as I can.

#1 GENERAL Tweaks
A) FIRST, be sure to defragment after install. Seriously, this has a HUGE impact on the game's performance.
B) Turn off your AV program and/or Firewall. I know you hate the idea of it but try it, if it doesn't help then you know you can leave it on.
C) Google the program RivaTuner 2.0 and set the card to force shading at 2.0. if anyone else figures this out please let me know. personally I think this program stinks. THIS IS AN ADVANCED TWEAK don't mess with anything else unless you know what you're doing!!!
D) In the in-game settings, change sound settings to "Hardware"
E) In the in-game settings, set the resolution to 1024x768
F) In the in-game settings, turn off HDR
G) NVidia 6xxx series users, Tru using the older "71" series drivers. Linky goodness (Link en francais)
H) ATI users (I'm one myself) by far, ATI users with AMD proc's tend to be having the most problems aside from the Nvidia 6xxx users. I've been told to try the catylist 6.8 drivers (which can be found Here) I am currently using these drivers and still have the older 6.7 driver install program, I can't find it on the web, but I haven't really searched for too long. the original filename is : 6-7_xp-2k_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_34826 so for those who want to try a driver rollback, there you go.
I) Also for ATI peeps, Rumor has it that the Omega drivers (http://www.omegadrivers.net) give some folks SIGNIFICANT increases in quality and speed. UPDATE!!! My personal test shows only a ~1 FPS gain and what's worse is that the Omega drivers don't support OC'ing for the 1300+ series of cards. DOUBLE worse is that reverting back to the Catalyst 6.8 drivers no longer allow ATI tool to OC my ATI 1300pro and deleted my openGL drivers which the ATI installer didn't like re-installing (I know, weak card. Give it a rest already)
I) Someone previously suggested starting the client and then Alt+Tabbing to desktop, bringing up the Task Manager, Going to processes, selecting the VGClient.exe file and setting the priority to high. might work for some.
J) TURN OFF Hardware Occulsion while in the field and TURN IT BACK ON in town. The FPS gain in the field (for me) is close to 10!!!

#2 VGCLIENT.INI Tweaks
go to:
[install drive]:\ProgramFiles\Sony\Vanguard\bin\vgclient.ini

Open it using notepad and make the following changes:
AnisotropicFiltering=off (which supposedly works for NVidia folks VERY well) Side Note: ALSO go into your card's propertied and change this there as well
UseJoystick=False (I don't know why but this did give me an extra 3-5 FPS)
UsePrecaching=True (For NVidia folks and some ATI folks, this is the holy grail)
UseTrilinear=False (For some folks this was an incredible boost)
UseCubemaps=False (I only noticed an ugly load screen, the game still looks fine to me)
ReduceMouseLag=False (this has worked for a few folks as well)
UseTripleBuffering=True (Only do this if you also set the vsync)
UseVSync=True (it gave me a few extra FPS)
UseSound=False (You lose the sound but can pick up nearly 5-10 FPS!!!)
Side note: instead of turning sound off you CAN set LowQualitySound=True instead!
GlobalHardwareSkinning=True (gave me a noticable bump 2-5FPS-ish)
TextureDetailWorld=5 (this controls the texture details, raising this to 5-7ish can save you a significant amount of memory and reduce stuttering. This can range from 0-7, 0 being the most detailed textures to 7 being lowest texture detail)
RenderQuality=5 (Setting this to 5 sets the game into "very high" mode but coupled with a higher TextureDetailWorld setting, it will give you the special effects of very high with the memory requirements/stuttering of a low or medium settings)

(NOTE: Changing the in-game drop-down graphics settings to Medium or High (or whatever you change it to) changes BOTH RenderQuality and TextureDetailWorld to their default settings. The trick is to adjust all the in-game settings FIRST, THEN mess with the .ini settings for these two and don't flip between low/med at all in-game since that would reset this change)

Now look for the [Engine.NullRenderDevice] Heading.
There add the line: CacheSizeMegs=64

This is rumored to be the workaround to the sysconfig.ini overwrite issue I'll be mentioning in just a second.

#3 SYSCONFIG.INI Tweaks

When you start Vanguard the autopatcher will scan your filed and update the sysconfig.ini file (but thankfully, not the vgclient.ini file) When it has finished updating you'll have the "PLAY" button.
BEFORE CLICKING ON PLAY!
go to:
[install drive]:\ProgramFiles\Sony\Vanguard\bin\sysconfig.ini

and find the entry that says:
CacheSizeMegs=32 and increase that. Some say use 128, others say 256 and still others say 512. I say to just play with it and find the one that works best for you.

Then click on FILE and SAVE it. THEN click on play.

I hope that this helps everyone. at the very least it SHOULD help cleanup all of the "why are my FPS so low?" posts out there. (I don't mind if you want to sticky this) If the above didn't help you then chances are that you need to upgrade some hardware in your system. First try getting your gaming rig up to around 2G or better of system RAM. After that you might want to consider a full system update.

One final thought. if you are running through a Router, try plugging your computer directly into your modem to bypass and packet filtering that your router might be doing. I've heard rumors that this has helped a few people more than a little.

Finally, I will be adding to this as people send me their own findings and tweaks (or until I lose the abillity to edit the post ot this gets lost somewhere)

See you all in game!
-Ryan-
(Plianthro Umario)

P.S. Sorry to post this here late and cross post this however it seems that the performance forum isn't on my forums page, I need to go into a forum then click on Vanguard Beta 3.0 to get the updated forum list...

Revision 22 9/13/06 5:34PM EST

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:22 AM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

EQ1: Cakvala
WoW: Cakvala
LoL: Cakvala
I wonder if they are trying to release it Jan 30th due ot the burning crusade coming out on the 16th.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:26 AM 

Well, they're closing down some parts of the forumns on Jan 16th, so dunno what they're trying to do. Maybe February/March would of been a better date.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:22 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

EQ1: Syuni D'zpecyzczn
Completely unrelated to the thread, Bz, but what is your sig from? I could swear I've seen it, and the emo frown at the end gets me every time.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:31 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom!

Offline Profile