It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:28 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:07 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
The goblin low tier quests are all fucked up starting at Verax Station. The rewards are either low level cash, or mundane loots. Like boots with no stats, gloves with no stats. This is a change that happened over the last two days or so because I leveled up a gobby not that long ago and just saw the changes today.

So I skipped those quests, since why should I bother to do them for shit. I went straight to the cave instead. Normally this gives nearly a full suit of low level (appropriate, nothing too sexy) armor, plus some nice drops if you get the named mobs and they drop your gear instead of other class gear.

The cave line is one of the major quest lines in the land, basically about you being an orphan and 'joining the clan'. It's fun, and it's great lore, and it's good loot to start you off. The loot sucked balls. Again, low cash rewards, and mundane items. The ONLY item I got that was magical was a pair of pants at the end.

The two piece of gear that KILL me to lose are, the magic robe and the staff. The staff especially since a caster CANNOT get anything better for a pretty long time...unless they buy player made. There's simply no drops for it.

So I'm stuck in shitty gear, with a no stat loser dps dagger.

I petition to find out whether this is all a bug issue to report, or bad design changes. The GM has no clue, and is unfamiliar with any of the quests on the isle. Well, there's a lot of start areas, so I guess I can't expect them to be as familiar as me (a casual beta tester) with all the noobie areas. :P

Normally I'd chalk this up to: Well it's beta you moron.

Problem is, this game is live Jan. 29th. There's still the Poking the Ghostfang quest which has NEVER worked since the isle opened. (You could at one time enrage the ghostfang by poking it with the stick, but it was broken after that. It was immediately patched, so it was broken one step sooner. now you can't even poke it with a stick to piss it off, though the witch doctor still gives you the quest).

If it goes live with these problems, there's no point starting as a goblin or orc. If you really want to be either of those races, then start elsewhere, level to 10, and mail all your gear over to your goblin or orc so you can at least play a little easier.

While the gear missing wasn't super uber, it's a huge advantage to have level appropriate gear. That extra hp and energy makes a critical difference. So basically this fucks up leveling from about level 5 through 12. Longer if they don't leave the island (to do the quests around Khal) and stay to do the Garden series. Which may or may not be fucked up now too, I haven't checked.

*sigh*

I like the game, I really do. But this among other problems make me concerned for launch. Especially since people get easily frustrated at lower levels. Even now the two most common things you see CONSTANTLY in /ooc are people asking how to do the Ghostfang quest (after trying it themselves awhile) and people asking how to find the altar for the spirit (where you have to release and battle the spirit at Verax Station, the quest gives WRONG directions. It's South of the fort, it says west [it's west of the graveyard, which it doesn't specify]).

Bleh!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:05 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Did you /bug it? You said you talked to a GM but did you actualy use the bug window?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:23 PM 
What does this button do?

Rift: Bigteeth
Eve Online Handle: Bigteeth
Oh man, goblin/orc newbie land is the most fun, and it had awesome quest rewards, but now absolutely no stats? That's weird.

I wanted to be an orc warrior or lesser giant warrior on release, now it will surely be a lesser giant if orc land isn't fixed. It's sad too...orc land has the best landscape, and so many dungeons for grps (yet so few people there, so never managed to do those huge towers with siege weapons in them).

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:44 PM 
Noob
Noob

i agree, my orc nub was so much fun to level up, was definately planning on making a goblin next.

Well, i guess it won't stop me but they really have a LOT of bugs to fix before release, hopefully they get to it.

Oh, and hi again people who remember me =p

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:15 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
Finlainea wrote:
Did you /bug it? You said you talked to a GM but did you actualy use the bug window?

Yes, and posted about it on the official boards.

I've since heard unofficially that it's part of an overall reworking which will be hitting all the noobie quest lines. So we'll have to see what comes of it. I think revamping there is def. in order because with the current stats on some things...mudflation will be a nightmare. On the other hand, there has to be a decent advantage to doing quest lines, and gaining quest rewards (especially with initial drop limitations).

I assume (because I don't know) this will also involve revamping of items in the loot tables as well, since otherwise it will create horrific camp bottlenecking for the few decent stat drops in various areas. Dunno, we'll see I guess.

Seems like there's a ton of shit to be done, and launch date is looming. And yes, I know that a fuckton of development will continue the first year of the game, but I'm hoping over the next couple of weeks it gets in a lot better shape before launch. :\

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:38 PM 

Quote:
Poking the Ghostfang

This quest worked fine for me the last time I went through there, musta got messed up later. If I recall I had to poke over and over to enrage it. I still have the one in my journal where you get teleported to some guy you are supposed to talk to after the cave series but he was never there.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:54 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

What server are you all on and what level are you?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:38 AM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

Beta server one they all have alts/mains ranging form level 1-28 including myself. It's the medium pop beta server.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:55 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Looks like the did an item pass in the starting areas. The loot that is given by quests is not as good as it was. Probably because of the people bitching about getting magic items at 1st level or whatever.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:01 AM 
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage

EQ1: Golliwog
WoW: Rileigh
I just recently rerolled another ranger (as my current level 25 ranger has been stuck in a zone in thestra that has been down for like the past two months) in Kojan. Made a half elf, and there are tooooons of quests there, really nice progression. But I found the same thing with the gear, it was very basic no stat gear. Which is fine I guess if that's what they're going for at the lower levels. Which I kinda agree with.

I'm on beta 1 server as well. Right now I'm playing a level 11 Ranger by the name of Naine.

Offline Profile