It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:24 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:54 PM 
What does this button do?
What does this button do?

Rift: Bigteeth
Eve Online Handle: Bigteeth
Each beta I was given a new key (from beta 2 up to now)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:32 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

If you were in beta 3 you are (well should be) automatically in beta 4. All accounts I am aware of were automatically transfered over into the new beta and no additional codes etc were needed.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:03 PM 
Troller in Training
Troller in Training

I've been reading alot of posts on this game, the pros and the cons, but I'm just not sure Its going to be a game for me. I'm not a hard core raider. I dont like the term casual player cause to many people take that as meaning a simple game. I know where i fit in a game, I'm not in the best of the best crowd but I'm not in the baby area either. I'm more in the middle, so what I would be happy with is a game that offers me a spot.

Vanguard, seems to me is that its all about telling me what I can and can't do. I have to group, even though there are times I would prefer to solo, ( WoW had to much solo content ) so dont think I'm a solo whore. I like to group but I also like to solo. Also its more for the Best of the Best crowd.

You can correct me if I'm wrong on this or not. but from what I have read even the fighting is more on the line of EQ11. The chain thing, when something happens the game tells me what button I push ( sorry if I'm not clear on this I forget what its called), I guess I'm more for the way EQ did it.. you decide what you will do next. I think it made for a more interesting fight. I know I learned alot more this way, from other players. Some of the stuff people did amazed me. I would watch them and talk to them about why they did that. I made more friends that way.

As for gear I think some stuff needs to be flagged so you can't twink it, but not everything. ( Only Hard raid items cant be twinked) I do like the idea of if youve done that super hard quest or raid and get the item it should remain a rare item, only a few have. But if a person spends the time crafting and item he or she should be able to use it.

I will buy it and give it a try, but just not sure it will be what I'm looking for, I did kind of wanted it to be the game for me that took the place of EQ, but gave me reacable goals. But not so simple as WoW where i could solo my way all the way to lvl 60.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:17 PM 
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage

EQ1: Golliwog
WoW: Rileigh
hansi wrote:
I've been reading alot of posts on this game, the pros and the cons, but I'm just not sure Its going to be a game for me. I'm not a hard core raider. I dont like the term casual player cause to many people take that as meaning a simple game. I know where i fit in a game, I'm not in the best of the best crowd but I'm not in the baby area either. I'm more in the middle, so what I would be happy with is a game that offers me a spot.

Vanguard, seems to me is that its all about telling me what I can and can't do. I have to group, even though there are times I would prefer to solo, ( WoW had to much solo content ) so dont think I'm a solo whore. I like to group but I also like to solo. Also its more for the Best of the Best crowd.

You can correct me if I'm wrong on this or not. but from what I have read even the fighting is more on the line of EQ11. The chain thing, when something happens the game tells me what button I push ( sorry if I'm not clear on this I forget what its called), I guess I'm more for the way EQ did it.. you decide what you will do next. I think it made for a more interesting fight. I know I learned alot more this way, from other players. Some of the stuff people did amazed me. I would watch them and talk to them about why they did that. I made more friends that way.

As for gear I think some stuff needs to be flagged so you can't twink it, but not everything. ( Only Hard raid items cant be twinked) I do like the idea of if youve done that super hard quest or raid and get the item it should remain a rare item, only a few have. But if a person spends the time crafting and item he or she should be able to use it.

I will buy it and give it a try, but just not sure it will be what I'm looking for, I did kind of wanted it to be the game for me that took the place of EQ, but gave me reacable goals. But not so simple as WoW where i could solo my way all the way to lvl 60.

You can solo all the way to max level in VG, but it will be slow. So from what you are saying (sometimes I like to group, sometimes I like to solo) I'd say that VG would be perfect for you. You can solo when you don't feel like group, it just won't be anywhere near as fast.

As far as the fighting is concerned, the basic idea is very similar to EQ1, only with many more options. There are also reactive skills that will make you better. In addition, mobs also have certain "states" which are brought on by your attacks as well as those of your groupmates by using certain skills. When a mob is in a certain state, it is more susceptable to certain attacks. So lets say rogues have an attack that brings on a state of confusion, and you have an attack that gives extra damage in that state. You would need to watch the mob, and as soon the rogue hits his attack, you can nail him with your mental attack for extra damage. I'm not sure if this is all implemented yet, but I believe that's how the combat system will work.

Hope that helps.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:29 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Team Bro has pretty made that same decision if we're to play this game.

Altho during its beta time we're going to give it the brunt honesty we can to make it a better game.

I cannot wait for NDA to be lifted so people can really let fly the yes its a good game but heres how it can be the best posts.

New pushes show it has so much potential. Time will hurt this game, not the people working on it.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:29 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

OK, so point blank - Are Necromancers cool?

What classes are you beta players banking on playing (if you decide to do so upon release)?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:59 AM 

*I read some other posts in this topic therefore the edit*

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:27 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

How faithful are you that they are going to listen to these "this is how we make it better posts" givin? I know brad has stated before that basically the average player really doesn't understand the grand scheme of things (which is true) and he knows best in so many words. I also know there was some issues with assescion (sp) players trying to give alot of positive feedback and suggestions and basically got told to stfu. Just hearsay from a friend that was one of the ones trying to give positive info.

That being said....still potential but god damn if they try to pull the "get the game out now and polish it later" approach they are going to get bit in the ass and it will be about 4 servers of us die hard fans playing until they close it heh.

As far as classes, no doubt the sorcecer primarily because that is what i always play and enjoy but particularly in this case because of a few interesting spell lines that could lead to some real fun/scary situations where I am nuking for all my life almost but hitting for unparelleled damage. Also will be 2boxing a cleric but more so for crafting and just back up healing....hopefully you can at least heal out of group come gold. Freaking you can't have a out of group damage person as they take away the exp (without gaining themselves).

Shamans and blood mages seem extremely interesting (shammies over powered atm though) with freaking no one playing tanks it seems but hopefully a revamp that just happened for DK's will get that number back up. Necro's, sorc's and psi's all have a form of mez but only psi's can really mass crowd control which is probably a good idea (no holy trinity but definitely an advantage to bringing a psi for those scary situations or situations were you don't have more then one mezzer for those big pulls)

One thing that is nice about the game (if the balance the flip side of the coin) is that cloth wearers are really cloth wearers. If you get agro on a 5 dot mob....you die extremely fast (picture me taking agro on Rallos Zek with turbo). So this pushes for good agro control and at least in my perfect game a true balance IF they freaking put my damage considerably higher then most.

As is, my bro's damn shaman 2 lvls above me was out dps'n me (bad) but with chaos volley that will be fixed if they tuned it right but you still need ample healing. (Chaos volley you start nuking weak and it ramps up in damage as you keep nuking, before it did hardly any damage to you per cast so i was dropping just huge ass bombs at the end of 4-5 dot mobs but then it was changed to like 40-50% of the nuke or something which killed you in 2-3 nukes. I haven't played since they fixed it again so hopefully it will be 10% of the nuke which is very acceptable in my book.

Example, currently i have like 1200 hps or something, maybe more. My normal nukes seldomly hit over 500-600 minus crits and vurn's but with CV on a hard mob that takes abit to take down i have dropped 3800+ bombs

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:10 PM 

fyi the DK revamp = the suck.

They took away all our low level ae life taps.

Changed fear to only last 10 sec.

The taunt skill/spell costs so much that you can only cast it 4 times before your oom.

Can't hold agro.

Chains don't work.

I'm not saying that I play a DK as my primary, but if I was, and if I was in a certain Beta, I would be pissed and almost want to roll up a Paladin....

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:39 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
No reason to play any melee atm other than Bards.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:57 PM 

They do more dps and tank better.

Offline Profile